52 replies to this topic

#1 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:20 AM

Hi, i just got a simply question.

I just wanted to know why a Dominator doing more dmg than a Defiler or other casters classes, i mean its a support class so why they need such a high dmg ?

I know there are other stuff thats also OP but for now i would like to know why they made domi like it is now, cause it makes no sense to make a Support Class to a pure 1v1 monster.

#2 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:04 AM

If Terms of Service/root + Ground AOEs is less damage than pewpews, you should quit game right now hahaha  :heh:

And Dominator isn't a support class, always been a single target class, and we can see how badly it performs in mass pvp.

Edited by Kazara, 25 April 2017 - 05:13 AM.

#3 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

I just wanted to know why a Dominator doing more dmg than a Defiler or other casters classes, i mean its a support class so why they need such a high dmg ?

I know there are other stuff thats also OP but for now i would like to know why they made domi like it is now, cause it makes no sense to make a Support Class to a pure 1v1 monster.

Hi,

Well Dominator is not a support class. Thats your first mistake. Dominator is a debuff/single target with summons.

They are not doing more damage than other casters. 

When calculating damage, make sure to count for AOES that can tick while also nuking a target.

Also, Radiants are support class, yet they can destroy everyone 1v1.

Mystic is a support class, yet it does top damage in the game with 2 aoes.

Also, why are you complaining about Domi? There are 2 on the server. Complain about Mystic that can destroy a 120k Protector in under 10 seconds.

Thanks!

#4 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:12 AM

Thats exactly what ive expected from you, a useless answer :)
You cant explain why a support class got more dmg than the other casters ? 
I know the total dmg of defi, mystic..... is higher but i was talking about the max dmg you can do, defis for example doing 6-6,3 max with a +10% dmg skill and a dominator doing also 6k or 6,4k with like 62k HP like urs that really makes no sense for a support class.

#5 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Server:Nova

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

Dominator can't possibly do more damage than any other caster, because it has no AoE ground skills.

A simple calculation will draw a picture: a decent Fire Totem can deal damage to 10 targets at once and it is casted instantly. If the forsaker has 6000 damage, it will add up to 60000 damage per one tick. Now it has sense to compare with Domi. 60000 damage against 6500. Domi doesn't have any advantages that other casters have, but that doesn't stop some people from arguing.

Edited by Vulpes93, 25 April 2017 - 05:18 AM.

#6 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:18 AM

@LadyFreija Dominator got already called as a support class a long time, it isnt a dps class that needs to do the highest dmg :P
and yeah, its a support class cause it was supposed to help the party with the def debuff :)

rightnow its just a pure PvP class, correct me if im wrong but domi was never supposed to be like that :)

Btw in which kind it helps you if your total dmg is higher than domis but it still rapes you easyli in 1v1, and ihgyug dont say stuff like you suck or leave the game or anything else like that cause that got nothing to do with your skills or playstyle, its just like that because Domi is completely overpowered :)

#7 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:20 AM

@Vulpes93 i repeat again the 3rd time for you, i wasnt talking about the total dmg, i was talking about the max. dmg you can do on cap ress and thats exactly as i said, defi doing 6-6,3k and domi 6,4k+

Edited by ixxmer09, 25 April 2017 - 05:23 AM.

#8 LadyFrejia

LadyFrejia

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:22 AM

Thats exactly what ive expected from you, a useless answer :)
You cant explain why a support class got more dmg than the other casters ? 
I know the total dmg of defi, mystic..... is higher but i was talking about the max dmg you can do, defis for example doing 6-6,3 max with a +10% dmg skill and a dominator doing also 6k or 6,4k with like 62k HP like urs that really makes no sense for a support class.

Hi!

You continue calling it a support class. Except that Dominator is not a support class. It has 0 skills for support. No heals. No defense buffs. Nothing that supports.

So please, dont call peoples answers useless without learning about the class first.

Exactly, total damage of Defiler, Mystic, Saker, Tempest, Elem, Druid is higher. So what does having higher max damage do? 

Also, it makes sense that a single target toon would do more damage on a nuke than an AOE character. 

Now see, dont pivot from damage to HP. Keep on topic. However, lets discuss HP. Everyone has massive amounts of HP, however, why would a DPS character like Defiler who is meant to be a glass cannon have the same HP as a Dominator, who is a single target nuker. Makes no sense. So a Domi should have more single target nuke damage and more HP than a glass cannon.

Thanks again!

#9 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

I told you why, its a support class because domi was supposed to help in raids with their def debuffs.
Rightnow domi is way too OP if you say its not true then i dont know whats wrong with you BUT i also said theres many other stuff thats unbalanced and for now i want to know why Domi is like it is :)
But so far i dont get a real answer, just useless answers :)

And since you talking like a smart guy, explain me why a domi can kill every class easily in 1v1 ?
Even the classes that are supposed to be monters in 1v1 like zerk and sin maybe also commys got no chance 

#10 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:43 AM

I told you why, its a support class because domi was supposed to help in raids with their def debuffs.
Rightnow domi is way too OP if you say its not true then i dont know whats wrong with you BUT i also said theres many other stuff thats unbalanced and for now i want to know why Domi is like it is :)
But so far i dont get a real answer, just useless answers :)

And since you talking like a smart guy, explain me why a domi can kill every class easily in 1v1 ?
Even the classes that are supposed to be monters in 1v1 like zerk and sin maybe also commys got no chance 

All I see is your cry over the single domi in the server simply because you guys lose against me :D

If you are looking for a monster class, you better check 70k hp druids with full inferno AM and 14 sec stun combo, or radiants healing over 30k and tanking groups of players in pvp.

Edited by Kazara, 25 April 2017 - 05:45 AM.

#11 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:56 AM

Hi you're absolutely right domi is a support (summoner, such classes there are in each game) the game is implemented on the Pets and buff/debuff, they never in any game have not been DD. Just now the representatives of this profession have one person (Kazara) which their advice is killing this class turning it into a sort of elementalist. From Summoner made the strongest DD 1 target. Also this contributes to the strongest set in the game, too, thanks to the same player (Kazara) class summoners were given a set with crazy damage. Now the summoner class changed to DD 1 target with useless Pets. Class destroyed.

>snip<

Edited by VModCupcake, 25 April 2017 - 05:53 PM.

#12 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

1. Im not crying :)
2.What means you guys lost against me ? 

I just wanna know why domi is a 1v1 monster now :)
The original domi was supposed to debuff the bosses def and defbuff the accuary rate, it wasnt made to do much dmg or to be a monster in 1v1 :)
but well, during that time i havent seen you in that game :P
70k HP druids that lose against domi ? :)

Besides your arent the only domi :)

Btw, the ones that lost against you didnt lose cause ur playing good if you think so, its just because of the unblanced domi skills :)

#13 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:00 AM

@Vulpes93 i repeat again the 3rd time for you, i wasnt talking about the total dmg, i was talking about the max. dmg you can do on cap ress and thats exactly as i said, defi doing 6-6,3k and domi 6,4k+

What makes you think you shouldn't take total damage into an account? What about driuds, their set gives 1800 scad by only reinforcing. Not mention to that deadly 14 sec stun combo

Edited by Vulpes93, 25 April 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#14 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

Hahaha call more allies ixxmer09 and tell them what to write in english xD

Anyway there are many players in your "Alliance", who can't properly use a druid, or any other class.

If they play very badly is not my fault. A druid can kill any class with a single combo, and you can't avoid it, sooooo xD

#15 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

Well, this total dmg you talking about the whole time, in which way it helps you against a domi (that got less total dmg) ?

I would really like it if you can give me a serious anwer that makes sense :)

#16 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:12 AM

What allies you talking about ? 

Besides i dont think that dvchel or Jarngreipr got a bad playstyle, the problem is just that domis are OP :)

and about it can kill any class just with 1 combo, thats wrong otherwise a domi couldnt kill them :)

#17 Xenovian

Xenovian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:13 AM

Dominator has been an AFK Class for Years, now that it get a bit boosted and competitive people starts say that is OP and those things, Wonder why you dont mentioned Radiant Overpowered 30k+ heals and Druid perma inmunity abilities and so.

#18 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:16 AM

Well, this total dmg you talking about the whole time, in which way it helps you against a domi (that got less total dmg) ?

I would really like it if you can give me a serious anwer that makes sense :)

Single target classes like Assassins and others always had higher damage than classes with ground AoE. It just happened that the only caster that doesn't have ground AoE is Domi (not counting radi), so it makes sense raising his damage a bit. But it's not that significant comparing to mystics, druids or stupid amount of healing that a radiant is capable to do.

Edited by Vulpes93, 25 April 2017 - 06:17 AM.

#19 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

If thats a bit boosted idk how itll be if a class gets a big boost :)

And about druids and rads ive said also something thats also why i said theres many other unbalanced stuff :)

#20 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

Besides i dont think that dvchel or Jarngreipr got a bad playstyle, the problem is just that domis are OP :)

and about it can kill any class just with 1 combo, thats wrong otherwise a domi couldnt kill them :)

Many classes can beat a dominator, but yeah, I gotta admit I am a +30 darkest 8/8 very nicely builded dominator which knows all classes skills  and play around them, and yeah, your friends aren't good at all. Just look at them trying to catch me with inferno instead of using doomguard and start the combo hahahahahaha XD EPIC  :heh:

#21 Xenovian

Xenovian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:20 AM

They have bad playstyle but thats not the topic anyway.

So you mean that perma inferno adamant - 14 seconds of combined stuns that you cant even move and having high HP is not OP? Ok Ok

Remember that dominator pets are useless that die in 1 aoe or less

#22 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

Pretty sad that i still havent got a real answer why a support class like domi got such a high dmg, i havent even really started to talk about the the unbalanced skills  :P

I really dont know why you keep saying your allies or friends :)

Ofc druid is also OP but uhm yeah, not OP enough for a domi :)
And ur right domis pets arent OP and the dmg also doesnt really matter, since the OP thing is the slow and stun :)

Edited by ixxmer09, 25 April 2017 - 06:26 AM.

#23 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

Pretty sad that i still havent got a real answer why a support class like domi got such a high dmg, i havent even really started to talk about the the unbalanced skill :P

I really dont know why you keep saying your allies or friends :)

Ofc druid is also OP but uhm yeah, not OP enough for a domi :)
And ur right domis pets arent OP and the dmg also doesnt really matter, since the OP thing is the slow and stun :)

Dominator doesn't have high dmg, it's the caster with the lowest damage after Radiant. If you talking about the damage you see on screen, it doesn't matter at all. Combos kill players, not 300 damage higher pew pews.

This gave you the answer you were looking for? Or you gonna keep ask for the same thing over and over? haha

#24 ixxmer09

ixxmer09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:37 AM

Thats not event a real answer but ok, "Dominator doesnt have high dmg" uhm you know 6,4k is more than defis, temps doing ?
And they got even 10% and 20% dmg skills :)

Besides im not saying a bad thing or attack someone personally :)
Im just saying my Oppinion :)

And yeah, ur a Class Rep. so your like the voice of the community to help Helium to make the game better so you should do that :P

Instead of making fun cause someone doesnt have the same Oppinion as you, that domi is still weak :)

#25 Vulpes93

Vulpes93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:42 AM

Pretty sad that i still havent got a real answer why a support class like domi got such a high dmg

Pray tell, who said that Domi is a support class? There is an official definition of that? You may probably think of radiant and prot as of support class, since they have great abilites for supporting - like healing, defense boosting and those come in low level game stage. The only supportive skill that domi has is AoE offensive effect on 80 level which hardly makes Dominator a support.

If you unstick of that theory that I'm sure have reasonably disproved, you will see that there is nothing unfair about Domi's DPS.

Edited by Vulpes93, 25 April 2017 - 06:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users