Patch Notes 04/26/2017 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 04/26/2017 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:15 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.5.65, Game Version: 10.1.0.15d

Server Maintenance
2017-04-26, 15:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

Banner_700x236.jpg

Easter Blossom Event 2017 – The last Week!
Prepare for the last week of the Easter Blossom Event. Please know if you start freshly with the quest "Easter and Cherry Blossom United" you're not able to gather enough golden eggs/perfect cherry blossoms to complete it (it takes 15 days). So you can skip this quest. You can still farm the colored and the silver eggs to exchange them for stuff at NPC Alba.

DS-Changes.png

·         A bug with the [Event] Rising Sun Car mount has been fixed which set the car to be at Stage 6 and made it unable to advance the skills
After the bug is fixed your mount will be at Stage 1 keeping the already achieved level and pet options. You can go to any Pet Merchant NPC and advance the car to the appropriate stage

·         Some quest texts have been corrected

·         The Colorful Poodle mount can now be sold in open market like any other IM mount

Item Mall

The Colorful Poodle mount has been replaced by Midnight Scream

Some interiors for your MyHome have been added to the Item Mall:

Vyburn Picture Frame (350 IM) – Increases Matk by 4% for 2 hours
Happy Family Picture Frame (400 IM) – Increases Matk by 5% for 3 hours
Lilly of the Valley Vase (300 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 3% for 1 hour
Zen Vase (300 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 3% for 1 hour
QQ Vase (300 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 3% for 1 hour
Luxurious Golden Pot (400 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 5% for 3 hour

#2 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

Any possibility to show us pictures of the new My home furniture that are going to be added in ? :D 

#3 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

Tip of the day: Click on their icon in the IM to see a preview of the objects in the preview area at the upper right corner :D

#4 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:42 AM

when will we get the balance you are talking about for soo long and promised us to deliver before a cap?

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

when will we get the balance you are talking about for soo long and promised us to deliver before a cap?

When it's done.

#6 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

When it's done.

Do you actually plan to seperate PvE and PvP and do you even have any kind of information/input help for PvP stuff??

But Let me guess the balance will take at least 1 year, and next year we will have the same discussion, like we had a year ago already.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

Do you actually plan to seperate PvE and PvP and do you even have any kind of information/input help for PvP stuff??

But Let me guess the balance will take at least 1 year, and next year we will have the same discussion, like we had a year ago already.

I am not going to discuss or answer anything to someone with this kind of attitude.

#8 RainbowRush

RainbowRush

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Bad attitude or not, people do want feedback on if there's gonna be PvP and PvE differences. One of my favourite skills, "untouchable" now keeps you very much touchable, for instance.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

Bad attitude or not, people do want feedback on if there's gonna be PvP and PvE differences. One of my favourite skills, "untouchable" now keeps you very much touchable, for instance.

You can ask with a good attitude right? Everyone should be able to show respect to each other. But I don't want to discuss manners with you. What you said focuses on the AS/MS caps again. I told everyone already (feedback) that this change had to be done because too high amounts result in a game-breaking behavior. Tbh, 400 Movement Speed is still not what was originally intended. The originally intended amounts were: 300 MS and 200% AS. Just to let you know. 

And I am not interested in starting a new discussion about AS/MS speed again. These caps stay because the high amounts have been highly abused on purpose. 

Finally spoken: Balance at all will not always be like: I get everything I want and if a balance is not how I want I start to rant. Also - and I said this several times - we want a balance which is not just "thrown" into the game and this takes time. I can guess that you will start the discussion again with "AS/MS caps" are also thrown into the game. No they're not. We just had no other choice to prevent constant abuse in PvP and PvE. 

To give a clear statement: We have no fixed date for class balance set yet because we're still working everything out. I can't give any further information on that for the time being.

#10 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:28 PM

Servers are back online!

Please update your game to version 0.5.65.

The game client stays at version 10.1.0.15d.

Enjoy!

#11 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

There is no need to balance pve nor pvp. The game is broken in the beginning. The only interesting thing I enjoy is the quest line.

#12 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:05 PM

the only question i have is, Arcadia part 2 will it come this spring or more in the summer? i know it hard to say a approximation date that why i only talking about spring and summer so there a big marge of days.

#13 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

the only question i have is, Arcadia part 2 will it come this spring or more in the summer? i know it hard to say a approximation date that why i only talking about spring and summer so there a big marge of days.

Though we have no clues as to how much is in Arcadia 2 I'm still estimating a June release date for the earliest and best time distance between Part 1 and Part 2.

Though the developers are the ones to ultimately confirm their % completed currently and the rate of work they're doing. Early Summer is a good estimate still.

Also regarding balance, it's a very delicate topic with a large scale of things. This won't be a 1 patch and done deal, I expect at least 3-5 months worth of patches following a long period of discussion with more hardcore players after more technical stuff is looked at.

#14 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

It's not like the majority of players even care about pvp balance since there's no mode they'd feel enticed to play anyway. We are kind of left guessing again as to how things are going on the development end though and I don't think that benefits anyone. What happened to the dragon talk and q&a's?

#15 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

We are kind of left guessing again as to how things are going on the development end though and I don't think that benefits anyone. What happened to the dragon talk and q&a's?

Our development goals never changed and it's not necessary to repeat them over and over again:

• less p2w
  • giving the players stuff to do
  • fixing flaws and bugs
  • making current "systems" more interesting
  • adding content

Regarding the Arcadia Ep. 2 release date I can only tell you that it will be not too far away. We are not talking about months but also not about days.

As for the Q&A streams: As you might have noticed the Q&As turned out to mostly have the same questions all the time. This results in a less interesting stream which costs precious time. Anyways if another Q&A stream is wanted I can talk to the Community Team about it. About the Dragon Talks: They are done when Alteris has something important to say. Alteris is the person who decides when a Dragon Talk is useful. He will do one if important things have to be announced.

To shine some light on Ep. 2 without revealing too much:

• it will continue the Arcadia storyline with quests which neither take place only in Arcadia City nor only in the well-known areas
  • some quality of life changes
  • a system change to get rid of a game flaw
  • an addition which hopefully gives higher level and high level players something to do
  • some small adjustments

Still I need to get this straight: I and also Alteris already told you that the development team is small. We both told you that things are discussed within this small team and decided together by the members of this small team. But if it comes to the final implementation it's up to me to do that work. Even with a lot of knowledge I still only have 2 arms and 24 hours a day and a lot of waiting time while the code is processing changes I make to it. Including testing, assure that everything works as expected, making changes if not, etc. Not to mention a jungle of code which is created by 3 different teams and still is a total mess with zero documentation. I am still learning to understand and work with what is given. Also I don't want to create updates which need weeks to finally be free of highly impacting bugs or create more bugs than it had before. I am fixing bugs before I put new stuff on top of them. There are a lot of bugs and flaws which are "transparent" or which you never notice. So please be patient with me being only one man facing this mess. And please know that things are not done as fast as they could be done in a company which has "a small team of 80 people" (this is a quote from a big game company). I am working like everyone from the morning to the evening and when it comes to updates and events sometimes even longer. You might think development is fun - and it is fun for me to work with this game - but it is also a real world job which can be very hard depending on what has to be done and real world deadlines (updates, events, etc.). I never wanted to go into detail that deep because I didn't want to give a wrong impression. I just wanted to do my work and see if the community appreciate what we plan and implement.

After 2 years of no development on this game (2014-2016) I hope that the community appreciates even smaller updates compared to what a big company could do. We are doing our best to make the updates interesting and less buggy than the ones which have been made before the development by the korean devs has been dropped.

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:03 AM

I personally enjoyed what the team was able to accomplish with Ep. 1 given the resources and capabilities at the time. To put that alongside an element and socket update that not only will still be looked into, not only fixed massive problems, and not only made accessibility far-less RNG reliant, but actually fixed a lot of issues makes for a successful update IMO.

It seems Ep 2 also has a good deal of content prepared. QoL is a big +1 for me as they can really rid players of certain issues. That game flaw may seem like a "best kept confidential" scenario like with some now-fixed oversights and abuses. The big one is the system for high-level action. Most of my anticipation goes there. Even if it's for Level 65ish mostly it's at least something.

It's also understandable in regards to the Q&A and Dragon Talks. Having to do all the stream setups and recordings and such isn't necessary if the content of it won't bring much new. When Alteris decides to do it I agree is best kept for bigger things.

I personally think the forum-goers and in-game nay-sayers need to understand Popcorn's message above me and come back to it when they've got a problem with how things are ran here. This isn't like Riot or Blizzard or any other super-corporation with 100+ man squads per game and all that; WarpPortal by comparison is smaller with set numbers and even has to move some of their names between games more often than you think. I've seen CM's and GM's have to change departments as well. Again, nothing is "1 patch and done.", it'll be a month's worth of patches following Arcadia 2 probably to ensure some fixes and stuff goes smoothly before moving to begin Arcadia 3 alongside other important stuff.

#17 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

I think tranparency between the developer and the players is all the more important the smaller the team is. It ensures better that the most important resource, time, is being put into things the community would find interesting.

The other way is the no spoiling way where there's very little information given to get more of the suprise factor. Personally I just don't find that a good way to do things in an mmo. It's way more important that things last the test of time than that they are enjoyable for the first few days due to the shock factor.

Of course this isn't a black and white thing like nothing is. The community will never unanimously agree on anything, and sometimes the devs know better what people'll actually like. But in general that's the way it goes.

Q&A's had repeat questions and what's more, less questions submitted as time went on. If you bring it back I'd suggest a longer time in between the episodes, say 4 times a year. Also what would increase intrest in submitting questions and watching the stream would be giving first impressions to short, well presented suggestions.

#18 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

Thank for the heads up.

Yes i like you did so far for this game. Saving one magnificent game that was falling apart. And now trying to make it bright again.

i know how things work in the past and i know how you guys work.

Before it was goin content without checking bad coding and bugs, and cause some part of the game to be deleted like Elluman, and now there you guys who are working hard to clean the mess of the first team and at the same time release new stuff.

Most of the change that was made made the game a better place for all. And there always people who will get angry but that normal.

Edite 0.6 : i started the game during the open beta 2009 june on the EUROPE French server and i saw the game change from a new style of mmo with a great concept. To a less interesting game when the korea dev start to release the galaxis zone and drakan race. After that the game change drastically for the worst. Some good concept erase some story line cut off and the difficulty of the game drop more then 300%.

During the old time line the city name arcadia (sky garden was suppose to be before ellora) and the projet was stop. We can see many gateways/portals that dont work cause the old content was aborded.

Now for the present : what is really arcadia. From what we can see from the lv base of quest it is place befor ellora and that's good cause we can see a big gap in the story line. Between vancliff and eloora drakos tower.

And about elga ending after winning the fight is unclear too.

I hope the complete update will made the elga part clear for player (when it done of cours ^.^ ) so for now we gona do a wait and see what comes out with the next part and keep up the good work.

I will support this game until the and. And i want to see what the future holds

Edited by zirothos, 27 April 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#19 Nmrud

Nmrud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

Item Mall

The Colorful Poodle mount has been replaced by Midnight Scream

Some interiors for your MyHome have been added to the Item Mall:

Vyburn Picture Frame (350 IM) – Increases Matk by 4% for 2 hours
Happy Family Picture Frame (400 IM) – Increases Matk by 5% for 3 hours
Lilly of the Valley Vase (300 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 3% for 1 hour
Zen Vase (300 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 3% for 1 hour
QQ Vase (300 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 3% for 1 hour
Luxurious Golden Pot (400 IM) – Increases Movement Speed by 5% for 3 hour

Are there more than home buff item that gives movement speed, do they stack? Does any of my home items stack with christmas home items?

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

Are there more than home buff item that gives movement speed, do they stack? Does any of my home items stack with christmas home items?

Home buffs are designed by the former devs not to stack. You always get the highest one available only. 

#21 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

Home buffs are designed by the former devs not to stack.

*Slow laugh*

#22 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

*Slow laugh*

I have answered the question correctly. The buffs in the individual MyHome are not stacking. You always get the highest one.

But if you think I am not aware how the MyHome buffs can be abused you're thinking wrong. We are about to fix all abuses sooner or later. I just didn't have the time to fix that specific one yet.

Please stop to troll the topics over and over again. Trolling is against the forum rules. If you don't stop trolling you will be set on 2 days moderated content. Consider this as official warning.

#23 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

I have answered the question correctly. The buffs in the individual MyHome are not stacking. You always get the highest one.

But if you think I am not aware how the MyHome buffs can be abused you're thinking wrong. We are about to fix all abuses sooner or later. I just didn't have the time to fix that specific one yet.

Please stop to troll the topics over and over again. Trolling is against the forum rules. If you don't stop trolling you will be set on 2 days moderated content. Consider this as official warning.

I was gonna mention that but I've learned it's best to talk of potential abuses in PM. But you've worked around and took more into account than average players anticipated so I'll just say keep it up :D

#24 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:25 AM

I have a question tho..

I dont understand why Dragonsaga is so unpopular yet, even though its now available on steam it seems like not too many people are playing this game. I see so many bad games online which got sooo many player just because they got advertised 1 time at TV.

So how to make this game more popular? Or dont we have the capacity for it? Is there some kind of advertising planned once Arcadia II released?

I never understood why Flyff, a game where you only have to click at targets and which offers way less individual gameplay, survived so much longer than DS...

But well.. maybe that open-world feature is something DS is missing. The most maps are pretty small and kinda predictable.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 29 April 2017 - 01:28 AM.

#25 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

Think it's been mentioned that warpportal's srategy is to rely on alternative means of promoting their games. Cheaper but less effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users