Classic April 27th Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic April 27th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 Macman1001

Macman1001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

I didnt start and i wont start thats how i feel. You may see it differnt but whatever i think some people need to realize there always not right ... and i know my typing sucks so whatever we all know this

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

I didnt start and i wont start thats how i feel. You may see it differnt but whatever i think some people need to realize there always not right ... and i know my typing sucks so whatever we all know this

I'm right. 

I've pieced together information from not only forum posts and looking at what happened, but also personal experiences and discussions with staff. It's pretty obvious when you look at everything that has been said and done. 

You can choose to listen to others too. Or keep doing what "your" doing. Whatever works for you buddy. 

Edited by Xellie, 27 April 2017 - 02:52 PM.

#28 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

Assuming I understood you correctly.... 

Because gods are actually reasonable to do and a lot easier. There's an npc to check and see if the number of gods the npc made < the number of gods on the server.

mvps would take much more work and even then less of an issue since people can farm ET etc?

It's called reasonable expectations. (They've also proven they can do this before, not so with mvp cards)

That's never stopped your suggestions before!

GMs have done legitimacy checks for cards before and deleted illegit ones, so they should be able to do it again. It may not be as easy as checking for illegit god items, but when has the difficulty of enforcing the rules EVER been an acceptable excuse for not enforcing the rules?

Given that, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be all for it lol.

Edited by Rastaban, 27 April 2017 - 03:44 PM.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

That's never stopped your suggestions before!

GMs have done legitimacy checks for cards before and deleted illegit ones, so they should be able to do it again. It may not be as easy as checking for illegit god items, but when has the difficulty of enforcing the rules EVER been an acceptable excuse for not enforcing the rules?

Given that, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be all for it lol.

They're done on a singular basis tho. Gods are able to be done mostly en masse. Check the logs for npc creations, check the number of items. Do they match? good. Don't match? Someone's a scumbag! 

when has the difficulty of enforcing the rules EVER been an acceptable excuse for not enforcing the rules?

On Classic where we should learn to take what we can get lmao

Edited by Xellie, 27 April 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#30 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

No more EXP. :(

Oh well~

#31 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

...Posts removed.

All right, let's fold it up for the night folks. 

#32 SRamos

SRamos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

50 Gold Key and no LFH Certificate.

#33 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

gms arent going to do a sweep. we have been asking for over a year. now, i do want it done.... but still. what i want dont matter to anyone :P

my thoughts on cert RNG are posted in both the treasure threads...... as well as some ideas of how to fix it. its ridiculous that these things are going to be harder to get than mvp cards.

and on mvp cards..... i am also at thousands of mvp kills with no card drops. (with vip, hegum). a sweep on them would restore some of my faith in the server..... even if it wont help me get one. even if some cant be tracked as cheated for. but again, we asked for over a year.... not a response yet.

Edited by lxst, 27 April 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#34 coerce1991

coerce1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:iRO Restart

Posted 27 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

server sweep pls!!!

#35 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

Please dont waste your time doing a nearly impossible check for MVP/Miniboss Cards, focus your time on making the server better. Especially when at least one of the peoples whos posts remain here has requested to purchase things from me with real money in the past and has undoubtedly contributed to the reason why there's so many duped things on the server.

When will you comment on your KVM data "collection"? When will you tell us what you are going to do next? Why do I even keep bothering?

#36 Macman1001

Macman1001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:12 AM

Why do people not want a sweep all normal people do ... do some people have things to hide ?

#37 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:11 AM

Delete all MVP/Mini Boss Card because of dupes, i dont agree. I droped my Gr from ACA, and Dr from the monster. Unfair with who droped.

Somes guildies droped Atroce, Eddga, GTB, GR, DR. All with SS. Imagine delete... Manys will quit and so am i.

The WP have to be able to check every week this cards and Gods too. Ban who did this. If they do this work and continue, no one else will do the work of doing something like that.

About Gods. Yes, have manys pieces and made. We never made one but i delete from who have is infair too. But need be check. FAST !!

#38 Macman1001

Macman1001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:45 AM

I didnt say delet all i said do a sweap for dups ... i think there is to many people getting lucky 2 cards a week theres something going on

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

Several people explained why it can't/won't be done. Just read. I don't understand what's so hard to grasp. 

Please dont waste your time doing a nearly impossible check for MVP/Miniboss Cards, focus your time on making the server better. Especially when at least one of the peoples whos posts remain here has requested to purchase things from me with real money in the past and has undoubtedly contributed to the reason why there's so many duped things on the server.

When will you comment on your KVM data "collection"? When will you tell us what you are going to do next? Why do I even keep bothering?

I saw Ymir destroyed by RMT and Classic is basically heading down the same route. Especially with god accounts. (protip: ephemeral gods don't prevent RMT, they just RMT the accounts instead of the item). I'd love to see all the god items returned to the creator or the holder accounts IP's checked to see if they've changed. I'd be laughing so hard at some people I know of. 

I'm sort of considering jumping ship because of the RMT situation. On Ymir I watched a friend my former guildleader sell off $20,000 worth of stuff in a month.... Guess what? It all ended up in one guild and the server died oh so fast. Basically the only reason I don't do that is because I know the way it impacts the game and ruins it for those left behind. 

Edited by Xellie, 28 April 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#40 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

so your friend does things against the game rules anything else you want to tell us?  :wah:

please wipe the server!!

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Well obviously he doesn't play anymore so go ban him? G9J4pKy.gif

#42 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

take action dont let these people break the rules GMs.. shes affiliated, please ban Xellie

Honestly bro I've helped xellie make all of her God items she owns since the begining of the server so there legit. Not to mention I have a long track record of legitimacy on this server and have been fighting against hacks dupes and no delay since the start. If you have a problem getting your items checked maybe you should be concerned. And since I'm back on the server again remember this classic I have a zero tolerance policy and I will spend endless nights get you removed to better the legit player experience. Also if you cheat and gain a castle because of it you didn't really win you just proved your not good enough to do it legit. #scum

#43 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

Why do people not want a sweep all normal people do ... do some people have things to hide ?

lol....

This task is not as easy as going:

"COMPUTER FIND ME ALL THANATOS CARDS"

"HERE CAMPITOR HERE IS A LIST OF ALL THE THANTOS CARDS AND THE ACCOUNTS THAT OWN THEM"

It's time consuming and has to be done during maintenance due to the extra stress it places on the databases. Once they've found all of the items, they then need to sort through them all and find out which ones are currently on banned accounts. This is time much better spent on implementing better things for Classic. Most of the development for Classic seems to be done during maintenance itself, so encouraging them to drop everything (and probably extend maintenance) for a few months just to go "Yup there sure is a lot of cards here guys!" instead of make positive changes is a bad idea.

Although admittedly the "thinking about what to do next" doesnt seem to be doing much of anything, hopefully change will start soon....

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

judging by the way they queried some item I had on renewal, I feel like they traces all the trades and track them back to the first known trade to determine the point of origin. I didn't wanna say that but it's waaaaaaaaay different from just checking the god creation logs. 

Also it doesn't work if the character is logged in apparently. So it HAS to be done in maint. 

Edited by Xellie, 28 April 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#45 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

Cool it, folks. If you can't keep your discussions civil, the thread will be locked.

#46 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

https://youtu.be/ZwMVMbmQBug

#47 b1c1v

b1c1v

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

One "Check legitimacy" ticket usually takes ~5 days for a conclusion.. and I have no reason to believe the process is consistent, or if they are proactive enough to keep a record of what is legit and what is not.

From all  gears I have bought and checked in this server,  I would say that easily 50% of them were not legit after my ticket outcome. Fortunately I check everything so I always get my zenys back. The interesting part is that if I have never asked for a check those non-legit gears would still be out there. Staff is not interested in that issue,  I think they even get upset everytime I ask for a check. I have helped to ban several RTEs +9, GRs, Orc Heros, SkullCaps+9.. but those gears are just created again and again.. I would not be surprised if that GR Valk+10 is still out there. Depressing...

It is challenging for the staff to put up a monster list without incorrect names or translation errors for an event !! imagine a massive check and trade track to identify all dupes, case by case.

Is it possible? of course it is.

Is it necessary? Of course it is!

Is it going to happen in Classic? Of course not.

#48 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:03 AM

Please either make Treasure Keys weigh 0, or allow them to be put in Kafra Storage.

I had to sell mine to the NPC to reset my character.

#49 SRamos

SRamos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:10 AM

Please either make Treasure Keys weigh 0, or allow them to be put in Kafra Storage.
I had to sell mine to the NPC to reset my character.

I have the same issue but with Baron Evil Eye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users