Unfrozen WoE set suggestion - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Unfrozen WoE set suggestion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 aetuzi

aetuzi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

I'm speaking as an owner of an unfrozen shadow set so I'm not QQ-ing on having all the things I suggest be done. With that being said, I can clearly see that the exclusivity of this set is a major hindrance to getting newer or lesser experienced players involved in woe or pvp.

I understand the whole idea of the set was to reward vip players. But i remembered it being extremely hard to obtain a full set with 10 chars. I can't imagine how frustrating it was to get duplicate pieces everyday for newer players with less chars to farm, even with vip. It honestly seemed like a reward to older players who don't even spend actual money on wpe, instead buying them with their billions of z.

This set is OP and it creates a barrier between old players and new. Unlike god items/mvps where a player can struggle and farm to obtain one, these shadow sets are forever unobtainable.

At first i kind of liked the idea of being the few who has a set. But you can clearly see how this is killing the pvp/woe scene.

I'm not suggesting another unfrozen shadow event. Because that would create an overflow of these sets. I'm just suggesting that the CM/GM team consider making these pieces tradeable. So newer players can work/earn their way to one. Many of us also have extra pieces we have no use for at the moment.

Again, this is just a suggestion. No hate please.

Edited by aetuzi, 30 April 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#2 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

i have like 50 piecees in my storage, never actually took the time to upgrade any of it lol. Thanks for reminding me, will get those bad boys to +10s in no time hehe (next shadow event)

#3 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

You spoke my mind mate TT Not having that set in woe/pvp is akin to not having that VIP in the game. SOOOO DISADVANTEGOUS. Someone should really look into this matter. Have to wear unfrozen armour just for that freeze chance while others get to wear gr,holy etc. And not vendable. No event after that. That's just so darn sad for us who couldn't play at thtat time.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

The set is undoubtedly OP but it is the last concern that kills WoE. I'm not going to bother to go over all the same -_- again and again, especially now we have dorams in WoE. Even one of the known worst players switches to play Doram and one shots people easily. You can forget about WoE/PvP. PvM is still good. I suggest put unfrozen set in cash shop or else give it to accounts that have been on VIP for 1 year consecutively; royalty program.

#5 aetuzi

aetuzi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

The set is undoubtedly OP but it is the last concern that kills WoE. I'm not going to bother to go over all the same -_- again and again, especially now we have dorams in WoE. Even one of the known worst players switches to play Doram and one shots people easily. You can forget about WoE/PvP. PvM is still good. I suggest put unfrozen set in cash shop or else give it to accounts that have been on VIP for 1 year consecutively; royalty program.

I agree there's a lot of messed up things about WoE. But I'm not sure about this being the "last concern". It is a big one. at least 1/3rd of players who I've asked, who don't participate in woe bring this issue up.

And for these new players to bring this issue up, without ever participating in WoE, shows its significance. At least new players can make a doram, earn an mvp in the future, etc. But if nothing changes they will never ever be able to obtain an unfrozen set. Heck, because this set is so exclusive, accounts with it are being sold via RMT. That is sad.

Making it tradeable would still limit the existence of these sets, whilst making it a goal for newer players to achieve. If it does make its way to the cash shop, their drop rate should be very2 low to keep its exclusivity.

Edited by aetuzi, 30 April 2017 - 07:24 PM.

#6 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

Can I have some then if your suggestion become reality? :heh:

#7 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:13 AM

the bigger issue is the producers don't care about what players say/want when they ask them what they want. what's the point? we all know eventually iRO is going to go down the road of every other closed server

#8 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

the bigger issue is the producers don't care about what players say/want when they ask them what they want. what's the point? we all know eventually iRO is going to go down the road of every other closed server

At least we all know if kami asking for it obviously GM will make it out
Anyway why we need unfrozen while we get statis or 1 hit kill to every skill in woe 1 and 2

#9 loy123

loy123

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

It's like you're wearing a two slot armor, disable it on PVP and WOE.

My mech still winning/wiping 50 people on pvp even this armor is still on. I don't know how good iRO players are, but by disabling it, new players will have a chance to defeat these so-so iRO veterans.

This will balance things out.

#10 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

Anyway why we need unfrozen while we get statis or 1 hit kill to every skill in woe 1 and 2

That is precisely why we need it.It is possible to survive most of the skills if your armour card slot is free. And frankly speaking right now it is possible to survive most nearly all skills with the right gears (and you don't even eneed billions to get these). And yeah like the other persn ust said. Having an unfrozen shadow set allowed in pvp/woe is the same as having a 2 slotted armour. Do you realise exactly how much disadvantageous that will be? No GR,No Holy,No other cards.

This set must either be disabled in woe/pvp or everyone must be given a chance to be able to aquire it. As it is now it is prolly among the most unabalanced things of RO when it coems to WoE/PvP in particular.This is more pressing then most people realise. I really don'tunderstand why the GMs are not even considering about it. I mean CLEARLY ANYONE,EVERYONE can see something should be done about this. And it's already been so long.

Cause this is a clear source for RMT as account buying is the only way to get the unfrozen shadow set now.Not to mention the disadvanatge is soooo high to new players that no one NO ONE! wants to do woe anymore. And the GMs have not done anything about it..... I STRONGLY REQUEST A GM TO LOOK IN TO THIS RIGHT  NOW.It's already been too long. If there's a reason why they are not doing it. I would be so glad to hear it.Cause something this obvious must near top of their priority list, considering how seriously they take action against RMT etc.

#11 aetuzi

aetuzi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

This topic has been moved to the "Suggestions Thread", hence all hope is lost in getting GM's/CM's to notice this lol, let alone provide a fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users