#1 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

It was mentioned in IRO that the durability of Elemental Shield depends on the level learned on Safety Wall.

How true is this? Meaning that if you learned Safety Wall at level 7, so will there be a big effect on Elemental Shield?

Another thing is that there are no indication of the duration of this skill even at level 1? But on iro level 1 is enough for this skill to be useable?

#2 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

A lot of skills are outdated due to the implementation of renewal.

Back in the day, SW7 was sufficient since it had the same cast time as SW10 and would block the same # number of hits.

Now you want to max SW since it will effect how much faster you cast it and the slight durability of the skill.

#3 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Well, Im not a big fan of Safety Wall even in pre-renewal that's why Im only after for level 7.

But considering Elemental Shield, if Safety Wall will have a big effect on it maybe I will consider. That's why I'm asking if Safety Wall will greatly affect Elemental Shield. Take for example the AB skill Increase Agi and Canto Candidus.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

the lvl of elemental shield only affects the duration the skill will stay there, not counting if it is consumed. It's durability idk if it's based on SW(like high heal and heal) or is just flat/scales on it's own(like Praefatio). Never grabbed coz it's quite meh, not too usefull.

#5 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

I see. . . and there's another one. It says that the number of hits blocked depends on the level of your summoned spirit after you sacrifice it for Elemental Shield. It seems that not only the Safety Wall is the basis, but also the level of the summoned spirit as well. . .

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

From what I know, its basically a skill for a sorc to sacrifice their current spirit to mass cast safety wall on all allies cells. It is independant from Safety Wall itself, but goes off the same duration formula as a lvl 10 safety wall. It is simply different in that it also blocks off ranged physical attacks compared to a normal safety wall.

#7 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

so that means, Elemental Shield is independent from Safety Wall. haha. . . I can now lower the level of Safety Wall to allocate some skill points then. :)

#8 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:37 AM

Just out of curisosity:
What mage skills other than Safety Wall 10 + Fire Wall 10 + preskills do you want?

Unless you have a Spellfist/Hindsight build I do not see the bolts being useful.

Frost Diver always was meh and Stone Curse... Sorc has more useful disabling skills by now imo. '_'

#9 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

I already have a skill build planned though, I don't woe nor pvp nor support. But I want to experiment my skill build a little. For Mage Skill Frost Diver, Fire Ball and still want to retain Thunderstorm in my build. Safety Wall just level 7. I'm not a fan of it ever since.

I'm not a fan of Fire Wall either. I'll replace it with Fire Walk, Electric Walk and Killing Cloud for disable and runaway. I know a lot of you will say it's poopy but like what I said I want to experiment my skill build.

I'm an offensive caster anyway.

Edited by MARL88, 07 May 2017 - 01:49 AM.

#10 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:19 AM

Not at all! In fact i commend you for picking up FW and EW, there arent many people who would play with those skills.

If you look through this forum you might find the post i made about the various Sorcerer builds I have tried myself, one is of course a walking sorcerer build.

#11 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:12 AM

oh thank you. . . I thought no one would believe in Fire Walk/Electric Walk.

Well I want to complete as much as possible all of the offensive Sorcerer spells (except for Poison Burst).

Even if I have FW/EW I am making sure I still have the complete DPS aoe spells (PW, DD, EG, VS) and Extreme Vacuum.

In my build I can still get all the summons and Insignias as well Elemental Shield.

I'm still not 100% sure for Spirit Cure + Spirit Sympathy though.

Edited by MARL88, 08 May 2017 - 05:44 AM.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:16 AM

spirit cure makes your life a hundred times easier not having to resummon your elemental(spending more and more ores) after every little amount of hits he receives.

#13 MARL88

MARL88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:44 AM

yeah. . . I guess I'll just add the Spirit Cure in my build. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users