New player with a few questions: - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New player with a few questions:

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KittySilvermist

KittySilvermist

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

Hi, I have decided to give RO2 a try after hearing a few people talking about it being a nice game to play for story content. My ingame name is KittySaionji and I'm currently playing a magician, with plans to become a sorcerer. Before I invest any more time in to the game I'd like a few questions answering if anyone could help me please.

1. What is the level cap in this game and what is Master level?
2.  Is there any way to reset skill/stat points?
3. Do you need to be a certain lvl to talk in the public chat?
4. Can anyone give me any tips on sorc build (even before changing to sorc)?
5. Is there anything at all i should really know and might not, and if there is could someone please explain it to me. 

Thank you in advance!

#2 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

Welcome!

1) Level cap is currently 90. Master level is basically levels 51 to 90 (51 is call Master Level 1, 52 is Master Level 2, and so on.)
2) Yep. You'll get a free stat and skill reset scroll in your starter pack at level 35. You'll also be able to buy them in the Kafra Shop (cash shop) at all times. You might be able to find a few on the auction house as well. And lastly, you'll probably be able to get them in events. For one week each month, you can buy them by trading in experience points, but this is only possible after you reach Master Level.
3) I believe the level requirement is around 10 or 15.
4) I'm no expert on this part, but for new players, maxing out Fireball is pretty useful for soloing in my opinion. But I would look up different builds in the Sorcerer sub-forum here. Anything within the last 2 years should be relevant.
5a) Hmm I guess once you hit the dungeons, know that it will be hard to find parties. You might be able to find a friendly high level player to carry you through them once you get those quests, but if not, know that it is completely fine to skip quests then come back to them once you reach Master Level and can get level appropriate gear.
5b) Know that once you reach Master Level, some of your skills will have increased skill caps. As a result, I generally advise players to hold a few extra skill points if you don't see an immediate need to invest them.
5c) Stat builds are generally negligible, you'll rarely get punished for mistakes. As a player trying to just enjoy the game, I wouldn't stress out over little details.

I'm sure there's a lot more, because not a lot is explained by the game, but in general, just don't worry too much and try not to feel too restricted. Enjoy~

#3 KittySilvermist

KittySilvermist

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:41 AM

Thank you!! This helps me out a ton! I managed to find a crit damage/support build for sorc that fits me beautifully. I don't feel so overwhelmed now, as other mmos stressed the perfect build for classes but looking up all the different builds it seems pretty much more relaxed and much more customizable for classes and dungeons where a must to do. 

#4 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

Better do not max any attacking skill as you won't have enough SP to use them efficiently before getting Master Level, maybe just Cold Bolt and Lighting Bolt

#5 Rykum

Rykum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

Going to add a few things:

2) By doing your first quests as Master Level, you'll get an additional Stat and Skill Reset scrolls

3) Yep, to talk in public chat Lv15 is required.

5d) As additional advices, before Master Level your stat points are capped at 50 (but as mentioned earlier they won't impact much because equipment gives lik 90% of them), so I suggest to not use all (like stat points). BUT ppl tends to use those points into VIT to get higher HP pools

5e) Work on your profession level too, this with combat/class level are required to be 50 to receive Master Level quest

5f) Once you are Master Level, your exp points becomes Mastery Points (MP). This new feature is used to buy items, level up at Gilgamesh (you'll meet him when you receive a quest) and also you'll lose 5% of next level requirement upon death. The important thing about this advice is that with MP you can buy up to 20 additional Skill points and 100 Stat points at Depara (npc next to Gilgamesh).

#6 KittySilvermist

KittySilvermist

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:49 AM

multi-purpose exp points i like it sounds like it gets really hard to lvl though, which sounds better than playing tera where you can reach lvl cap in a day if you are determined enough

#7 temerity00

temerity00

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

ohohoho fellow ex tera players o/

and yeah it's different from tera, leveling wise and gear wise. like in tera its a sttraight to the point levelling system while here you can choose wether you want to use the exp point to level up or get stat/skill points or items like spinel and vip and such. on gear side it's way easier to obtain and only have one tier but it's hard to perfecting your gear. it has the same function like in tera rerollable stats but it's called weapon honing system here and the stats are purely random(there's an item to get a specific stats but only for one line). they have something like vyrsk in tera but the different is we equiped it on gear and costume as well but it's only for basic stats(str/int/agi/wis/vit). 

actually if you have any question you can always pm me in game ign : jabru

#8 iVanillaMint

iVanillaMint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOn your mind

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

4. maybe my signature will give some help  :heh:

v check this link v

Edited by iVanillaMint, 14 May 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#9 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

Hello, 

Yay new players.  Welcome to Ragnarok 2. 

giphy.gif

Sincerely, 

CM Varitas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users