How to use Poison Mist effectively? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to use Poison Mist effectively?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Now my sera has now poison mist, how do i use it effectively?

I was expecting it would hit 1k-ish, but it seems that it would hit like the normal attack, in my case 500~800.

What i am doing is im luring large mobs then placing PM. Then i would ran all over it trying to take as less damage as possible. I think its too much effort. I was expecting to place PM then fly arround to look for other mobs until it expires then PM again. But the damage is too low for that.

Any suggestions?

#2 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

If you're speaking purely about homun leveling, have it casted at your feet which is done by default.

And then config your AI so that your homun only hits stuffs which are immune to the mist (orc skels in od2)

This will ensure that your homun is never too busy hitting/chasing something else when it should be recasting mist.

For nonafk leveling, yes lure a larger group of mobs, then cast poison mist and then walk into it.

#3 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

For nonafk leveling, yes lure a larger group of mobs, then cast poison mist and then walk into it.

Okay.. I guess my expectation is too much for poison mist. I may need a tank alt again to save my self from pots.

#4 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

If you're not up against Insect/Demon mobs and your Sera can tank you could also try using a Hide Clip.

#5 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

Hide clip idea is great. But for this months spotlight, harpy(demon) would be my choice. I think (i hope) i can tank that.

Another scenario i am experiencing is that sometimes half way through killing the mobs, my homun dies. When I resurect it then kill the mobs completely, the experience i receive is not full anymore. Does that exp loss apply to my homun?

And when I am on a party, will my homun recieve less experience since it is even share?

#6 Clauchy

Clauchy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freya

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:00 AM

Hide clip idea is great. But for this months spotlight, harpy(demon) would be my choice. I think (i hope) i can tank that.

Another scenario i am experiencing is that sometimes half way through killing the mobs, my homun dies. When I resurect it then kill the mobs completely, the experience i receive is not full anymore. Does that exp loss apply to my homun?

And when I am on a party, will my homun recieve less experience since it is even share?

exp gained by homunc is based on the amount of damage it does, but when it dies this amount is reseted, and then u gain the same amount as the homunc (scaled to the lvl difference of course). Same applies for party share, the homunc keeps gaining all the exp from the damage it does, but the exp u gain is shared with the party :)

Edited by Clauchy, 10 May 2017 - 07:01 AM.

#7 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

^ohhhh. Thanks. I have to be carefull then not to kill my homun while mibbing. And I can leech my alt character after all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users