Now, we have 16.1... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Now, we have 16.1...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

Time for bring it:

1. Rebel Awakening, we need it for Rebel, Kage and Oboro get 175 for achievements and other things.
2. Fix for Severe Rainstorm's gear bonus. Like Lyrica Hat, Elemental Towel...
3. Fix Sea Captain hat, real bonus for Axe Tornado.
4. Pet Hunger Bar, and the automatic feed for it.
5. Gutter Line Fix.
6. Transfer items from your inventory for storage with one right click on it.
7. Nightmare Old Glast Heim. Where??
8. Allow more zoom on Ragnarok. Using Zoom Hack is actually boring and edit client isn't cool... 
9. Add the Mini Maps for every map on this game. 

Please, if someone have more things for add here, please, say it in this thread.

But i think this 3 topics is the more necessary for us now. Or only Gene can get fix on Cylinder/Harvester? rerere

Edit 1: Added some possible fix/updates for us! Please, read it GM Staff!

Edited by havokkmorands, 12 May 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#2 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

Yeah,i agree.

You forgot to mention Pet Hunger Bar,Nightmare OGH and Temporal boots for expanded classes,we really need those minor updates +Balance Patches + Elemental Towel and Class Headgears fix,they are bugged for so long! It's sad to see how fast they fixed the gene headgear and still no fix for the other stuff,it's always like that.

Also,we got Doram really really fast,why we can't get IMPORTANT things as fast as doram?  :p_idea:

Edited by Hissis, 12 May 2017 - 10:35 AM.

#3 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

Lets start more basic. How about:

- Fix the position lag/bugging.

- Make everything more responsive. Nothing like hitting fly wing 8 times only to stand there getting your ass beat for a second and a half, then it finally wings, and then immediately wings again when you land.

- Increase zoom out a bit, so that people playing Gene (and other high movement speed classes) can actually run around without the constant chopping in movement due to the the click point not updating before you get there.

Edited by Latsabb, 12 May 2017 - 10:42 AM.

#4 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Double attack crit/Critical Double Attack  :rice: 

#5 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:43 AM

Lets start more basic. How about:

- Fix the position lag/bugging.

- Make everything more responsive. Nothing like hitting fly wing 8 times only to stand there getting your ass beat for a second and a half, then it finally wings, and then immediately lands again.

- Increase zoom out a bit, so that people playing Gene (and other high movement speed classes) can actually run around without the constant chopping in movement due to the the click point not updating before you get there.

- This is the most important thing and kRO got a fix for it last year 

- This is your ping,i have no problems with this and i play with 100+ 

- I think Warpportal allows Zoom Hack edition,not sure.

#6 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

It cant purely be due to ping. I play many other games with even worse ping, and dont have the same responsiveness issues. Tracert shows about 250ms most of the time, but checking replays shows sometimes upwards of two seconds from the time the button starts getting spammed, until I actually wing out. This is especially typical in Nogg and low TI.

Edit: As far as "zoom hack" edition, I dont know how you go about that, since RCX is gone.

Edited by Latsabb, 12 May 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#7 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

It cant purely be due to ping. I play many other games with even worse ping, and dont have the same responsiveness issues. Tracert shows about 250ms most of the time, but checking replays shows sometimes upwards of two seconds from the time the button starts getting spammed, until I actually wing out. This is especially typical in Nogg and low TI.

Hmm,have you tried to use Ping Zapper,WTFAST or something like that?

It happens to me sometimes when i don't launch those programs

#8 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

No. Are these essentially required for iRO to be responsive? If so, that still points towards something being up with iRO. It has always been an issue on iRO, and even 7 years ago when I got access to kRO through a Korean schoolmate there was no issue. When I pressed a button, it did it. Not so for iRO. Always a delay.

#9 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

Well, iRO is for every country, but have a little delay for far countries. Isn't fault of Warpportal or gravity in this case...

#10 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

The delay is well above the ping, though. As mentioned, I am sitting at 250ms most of the time, and yet the game is much less responsive to inputs than other MMOs that I play which are upwards of 500ms.

Edit: And kRO is much farther away...

Edited by Latsabb, 12 May 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#11 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

No. Are these essentially required for iRO to be responsive? If so, that still points towards something being up with iRO. It has always been an issue on iRO, and even 7 years ago when I got access to kRO through a Korean schoolmate there was no issue. When I pressed a button, it did it. Not so for iRO. Always a delay.

I think you should contact Camp or any Vmod,i'm almost sure this is latency but anyway.

This topic is more about updates and bug fixes that were confirmed on kRO.

Edited by Hissis, 12 May 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

The delay is well above the ping, though. As mentioned, I am sitting at 250ms most of the time, and yet the game is much less responsive to inputs than other MMOs that I play which are upwards of 500ms.

Edit: And kRO is much farther away...

That's mainly because most modern MMOs have inbuilt systems to lesses the effect and perception of ping, not something you gonna see on RO old as it is.

#13 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

iRO had noticable input lag even back in 2002, when I started. I came from eq1, and it was frustrating then as well. Everyone was assured that once the game was out of beta, it would be better. Here we are, 15 years later, same position lag, same input lag, same choppy high speed movement. (although back then it was agi upped knights that were hating life)

#14 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

That's mainly because most modern MMOs have inbuilt systems to lesses the effect and perception of ping, not something you gonna see on RO old as it is.

It's laughable though that I've played in other "international" private servers, and never experienced iRO level of responsiviness before.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

iRO wants to get caught up on major updates first before going after the little ones, which then becomes a Catch-22 because little updates like the position lag fix keep getting left behind the more big updates kRO puts out.

It's laughable though that I've played in other "international" private servers, and never experienced iRO level of responsiviness before.

Pservers don't use the same engine as officials. Don't know why people insist on comparing them.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 12 May 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#16 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

iRO wants to get caught up on major updates first before going after the little ones, which then becomes a Catch-22 because little updates like the position lag fix keep getting left behind the more big updates kRO puts out.

That's good but doesnt make sense,Are they only planning to get '''minor'' fixes after we are up to date with kRO? (which means episode 16.2 ?) x_x

#17 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

Pservers don't use the same engine as officials. Don't know why people insist on comparing them.

The fact that hobbyists fixed problems years ago that the paid for service cant manage is unforgivable, and a very poor excuse to blame the engine. Maybe in the 15 years this has been going on, they could have fixed it, or changed it.

#18 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

The fact that hobbyists fixed problems years ago that the paid for service cant manage is unforgivable, and a very poor excuse to blame the engine. Maybe in the 15 years this has been going on, they could have fixed it, or changed it.

^ This is why people always compare and will keep comparing them.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Pservers don't have to worry about investors pressuring for quick fixes, hence they can afford to rebuild the engine. Also, RO's development team has changed a few times since the original team left, so there's a lot of conflicting scripts lingering in the game. The current team would have to go through the programming with a fine-tooth comb to filter out inefficient scripting and I doubt kRO's higher ups will allow them time to do that when there's money to be made on new content.

#20 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

That is one of the worst excuses I have ever heard of. It has been 15 years. Dudes in their basement made a fix in almost no time at all. Fully functional servers were up and going basically before iRO was even out of beta. Think about that. And lets not forget that what was made was reverse engineered and changed from official server software. Meaning that they had time and resources as regular Joes with no financial gain to be had. And yet official servers cant get fixed in well over a decade.

And I get it, and what you are saying. They dont give a -_- about the paying customer, or really about making the game more playable. Hell, if I didnt know better, I would think that the whole thing is a giant social experiment to see how badly something can be run, and still keep customers. But you know things are very dire when the free alternatives run circles around the paid ones.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

some ppl just dont get it '-'

#22 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

Pservers don't have to worry about investors pressuring for quick fixes, hence they can afford to rebuild the engine. Also, RO's development team has changed a few times since the original team left, so there's a lot of conflicting scripts lingering in the game. The current team would have to go through the programming with a fine-tooth comb to filter out inefficient scripting and I doubt kRO's higher ups will allow them time to do that when there's money to be made on new content.

This explains, but doesn't justify these facts. Also, the fact that private servers have many QoL improvements that officials doesn't. Comparing them to p-servers is a good way to shame kRO, even if they don't care about it. Shame on them for being worse than amateurs!

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

you guys have no idea of the power of free time :v

#24 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

Of course we do. But the free option should never be lightyears better than the paid option, or else the paid option will not be a paid option for long. And regardless of that fact, it doesnt change that in 15 years, a group of trained monkeys could have accidentally fixed the bug by simply smacking keyboards together. We arent talking about a few months, and people getting impatient. This is a day one issue, that has never been addressed. This would be unthinkable basically anywhere else, but for some reason is tolerated here, and I dont get it.

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:10 PM

dont expect kRO to act logically

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users