Monster AI proposal - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Jump to content


Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Monster AI proposal


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfen

Wolfen

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

As the tittle says.

 

one of the bigest problem i have seen most players complaining is that PvM is to easy, and it is not becouse monsters are lacking power, it is mostly due to a bad use of it, in other words, the monsters AI is to dumb (for example seekers snapping next to a GX, centipedes casting galbantein on their own quagmire).

 

so it has been discussed that the AI has to get updated asap, but i also understand that KRO doesnt want or has the time to do a specific AI for each monster (and by contrast the IRo GM are much less avaible to do it). so with this in mind i want to propose something.

 

Would it be posible for the GM to ask from KRo to create a tool that allows the players to create and edit AIs into a LUA file? more or less like the homunculus, but for monsters. This way players savy enough on this tools can create "challenging" AIs. Of course  i understand that the AI must be central to the game and NOT CLIENT BASED like the homunculus AI, so it has to be uploaded and then hand picked by the GM to implement it.

 

for example, the idea would be:

-Seeker is deemed to dumb by player "A"

-Player "A" creates an AI that makes the seeker to snap into its max range when distance of player and monster is less than half of its max range, with a CD of 8s.

-Player "A" uploads to a cloud the LUA file

-Player "A" puts the link to the cloud and a description in the forum here

-Player base makes coments and posible corrections

-Player "B" makes changes like add of "stutter step" tactics and changes CD to 10s.

-GM take the ones with the highest votes and implement them on sakray

- after 1 or 2 weeks of testing it is implemented on the main server.

 

i belive this kind of changes could pretty much make each server very interesting and very unique.

 

so what do you guys think? possible or not.


  • 2

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

    Azzylike

  • Members
  • 12006 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

Im up to anything to make PVM more challenging
  • 0

#3 IgnotusCarl

IgnotusCarl

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

Please ask this in the developer Q&A.
I really want Novices to experience challenging monster hunting at the beginning.
Imagine battling a Poring who has a 80% chance of doing "Water Attack" and calling other Porings, to mobbed you, when its HP manages to stay at 20% for 2 seconds.


  • 0

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

    My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

  • RO1 Member
  • 14701 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:03 PM

They tried to update the monster AI and then abandoned the project.


  • 0

#5 quagsire96

quagsire96

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSeattle Washington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:43 AM

BUT I DON'T WANT GOOD-GUYS-AI casting G-FIST on me.  Like The Crab in HUGEL.


  • 0

#6 Wolfen

Wolfen

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

They tried to update the monster AI and then abandoned the project.

 

seems like they did a great job there, it just sadens me it was abandoned. that is why i tought perhaps if the blunt part of updating the monsters AI was left to the players in a way it can cut a lot of work from the develolment teams


  • 0

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

    My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

  • RO1 Member
  • 14701 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

seems like they did a great job there, it just sadens me it was abandoned. that is why i tought perhaps if the blunt part of updating the monsters AI was left to the players in a way it can cut a lot of work from the develolment teams


It's quite possible that kRO abandoned the project due to player outrage. It seems players that want challenging AI are in the stark minority. I'm pretty sure players that are totally reliant on mob leveling would be very much against the anti-mobbing mechanics.
  • 0

#8 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:28 AM

Does WP have jurisdiction to change this in iRO? Even if they left out normal mobs and improve MvP AI, it would be still an improvement.


  • 0

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

    My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

  • RO1 Member
  • 14701 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

I haven't heard about jRO players having these AI scripts applied to their servers, so I would assume no. Something as important as monster AI would be in the hands of the developers, not the publishers.
  • 0

#10 Wolfen

Wolfen

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

It's quite possible that kRO abandoned the project due to player outrage. It seems players that want challenging AI are in the stark minority. I'm pretty sure players that are totally reliant on mob leveling would be very much against the anti-mobbing mechanics.

 

i see what happened there. the thing about modifiying the AI is that it can be doe 2 ways. as stated in the video, it can be made more interesting/challenging, as well as it can be dumbed down to oblivion (hell we can ever make the sarcasm AI, where the monster only has the option to agro chase, but no auto attack, no skills and no /swt2, pretty much cattle mode). im really hopping the second one never comes to frutition but nevertheless the less the posibilitty remains.

 

as a second note, i understand that AI is so central and must be something the developers take seriously, but seeing as they pretty much dont care about IRo, and see us as a "test server", wouldnt giving us this posibility be a win-win situation for them and us? considering they can use us to test the AIs and they can take the working and interesting ones for them without having to write them, and thus avoiding all the flawed ones that end up getting scrapped. 


  • 0

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

    My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

  • RO1 Member
  • 14701 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

The thing is, anything that doesn't make the game easier for players would be considered "flawed," especially for those who just want to steamroll stuff in the game. Challenging AI would hinder that, even if some players would welcome it.
  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users