More ways to obtain Honor Tokens? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

More ways to obtain Honor Tokens?

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:18 AM

What do you think about implementing more ways to obtain those Honor Tokens?

RO is an old game and player base are getting older too. We have real life to deal with and less time to play, yet there are like 14 daily quests to do to get full 66 tokens/day. Repeat for more than 2 weeks for a robe. I know it's not too much for an overpower armor, but yet you might be able to make 1-2 robes and get super bored already >.> then enchant the robes is another problem :c

Seriously, the game itself is becoming more and more repeatitive... Keep doing all the quests for more than 2 weeks with those insane npc is just worse ;-;

jRO has more ways to obtain Honor Tokens aside from quests, which I think it's very interesting and promising. There are certain quests to kill some instance bosses and get tokens as reward.

For example:

- Elder Irine: 3 tokens

- Captain Ferlock: 4 tokens

- Faceworm queen: 5 tokens

- Devil Believer: 4 tokens

- Fenris Fenrir: 5 tokens

- Amdarais: 4 tokens

- Jitterbug: 4 tokens

- Charleston 3: 4 tokens

- Torturous Redeemer: 3 tokens

- Gigantes: 3 tokens

etc.

I think it's not only help we get the robes faster but also provide wider choices for us, do quests or instances or both. Plus we have more chance to explore instances that people rarely touched like Sarah Memory or Airship Invasion.

So what do you think of it?

#2 Javaman144

Javaman144

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:25 AM

Man I hope they give us a few more options.
It's hard if you play just 2 hours a day.

I can't even squeeze in leveling my doram.

:heh:

#3 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

Someone said daily can be done every 6 hours?

#4 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

I don't think so xD it's 24 hours.

Actually the timer reset at a fixed hour of server time. I think so. But it's once per day I'm sure o-o

Edited by son12, 15 May 2017 - 06:28 AM.

#5 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

So they r lying?so much false info

#6 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

as far as i am concerns, you can get up to 66 coins from daily quests..(ONLY DAILY QUESTS.)

obviously you get some coins from doing main / sub quest for the first time as well.

#7 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:34 AM

doing main quests gives you like 114 tokens I think :x

#8 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:36 AM

The quests eat up a lot of time, I hope there are less quests with more tokens as a reward. Or shorten the quests will suffice.

#9 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:44 AM

The quests eat up a lot of time, I hope there are less quests with more tokens as a reward. Or shorten the quests will suffice.

i think its not that all bad to be honest. some of quests are dead easy (like the ones in kitchen), while some quests can take some time.

But i do have to agree that i should increase number of tokens as a reward.

U NEED GOD-DAMN 2200 1200 COINS !!!

Edited by Bohem, 15 May 2017 - 08:50 AM.

#10 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:59 AM

+1, even though you need 1200 tokens, you will likely use more than 1000 to decently enchant them (and by "decently", I mean Str 1/Str 1 Dex 1/Dex 1 Int 1/Int 1, etc.). :heh:

Though, I think increasing the number of tokes to those quests that are more time demanding would be great. E.G. Richard's training quest, the Medusa (Seastone) hunt, etc. The kitchen quests are nice, because they're basically 12 free tokens per day, you can finish all of them in 3 minutes, but the Medusa and the hunting will take at least 10 minutes each. They could reward you with 10... even 8 tokens would make it more fair. I still didn't do the prison quests, but some of them seem to also take some time. I wish I could do all these quests with 5 chars a day, but even skipping prison quests, I've been able to do them with 2 only...

#11 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

You can finish Bijou, kitchen, and prison quests in ~15 mins for 50 tokens if you already had the items required for prison quests.

Edited by Zayaan, 15 May 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#12 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:11 AM

What about cash shop  :p_idea:

#13 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

You can finish Bijou, kitchen, and prison quests in ~15 mins for 50 tokens if you already had the items required for prison quests.

Usually I need to hunt those items for prison quests :c I don't know If people actually farm a lot of them in a one day and turn in for days though.

(There is a bot running in prison to serve that purpose though, I think some of you already noticed it.)

and If we skip the rest 16 tokens, it's even slower to make a robe then.

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:18 AM

I think 2 weeks is not a long period of time. It should take time to make a decent robe to be honest. i wanna try farming some tokens too but too clueless but then I'm also very lazy to find out hahaha

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

finally something that requires a little bit of effort, ppl already want to trivialize it '-'

#16 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

Better to skip them if using multiple characters.

#17 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

I don't think so xD it's 24 hours.

Actually the timer reset at a fixed hour of server time. I think so. But it's once per day I'm sure o-o

​Yes the time is 24 hours. But unlike other quests, the 16.1 quests timer is based on time you got the quest, not after you finish it.

​It's like this:

​Quest 1:   You got it at 7am May 14
                Time to redo it - 7am May 15

The time to redo this quest will always be 24 hours after you got it, even if you finish it 2 minutes before 7am of May 15. 

#18 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

finally something that requires a little bit of effort, ppl already want to trivialize it '-'

Well, just my opinion. Not all of us have much time to play like years before. And putting the effort doesn't mean you have to keep repeating the same boring quests again and again and again...

The 16.1 quests are interesting for me. But to do those for days, even months o-o then we would call it 16.1RO then :c

#19 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:28 AM

Make it account bound.  :heh:

#20 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

And by effort you mean having enough time to do all existing dailies assuming you have a character strong enough to handle this? For half a month at the very least?

Edited by asperatus, 15 May 2017 - 07:30 AM.

#21 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

Well, just my opinion. Not all of us have much time to play like years before. And putting the effort doesn't mean you have to keep repeating the same boring quests again and again and again...

The 16.1 quests are interesting for me. But to do those for days, even months o-o then we would call it 16.1RO then :c

The Robes, despite being game-breaking, only requires ~2 weeks to make.
​For me that is just stupid. Most of the stuff in iRO are already too easy. (Instance MVPS!)

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

The amount of power these items can offer do justify the time they take to make. And the "i don't have much time" isn't really much of an excuse, a lot of ppl don't have that much time to farm regular pvm, other instances for loot, to make actual money and buy stuff from others, yet they don't complain, and accept that's just how it is.

If you don't want to spend your time doing the dailies, you can wait for ppl who are doing them to complete and create the robes, then buy the robes from them. This is no different from what happened during the first few weeks of GMT and the items there (the coins were acc bound yes but the avaiability didnt changed)

#23 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:50 AM

I cant agreed, but if gms do it at that way better know so i can stop doing those quest and better get zenny from OCAs and MCAs and buy those armors for cheaper, since will be very easy probably the price cant go up to 100M, so...

#24 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Usually I need to hunt those items for prison quests :c I don't know If people actually farm a lot of them in a one day and turn in for days though.

(There is a bot running in prison to serve that purpose though, I think some of you already noticed it.)

19 days without skipping (almost THREE, not two weeks, almost 50% more time than people are making others believe), 26 days (almosy a whole month, farming every single day, without skipping) doing 50 tokens a day. 24 days for the first robe if you do 50 tokens a day.

I think 2 weeks is not a long period of time. It should take time to make a decent robe to be honest. i wanna try farming some tokens too but too clueless but then I'm also very lazy to find out hahaha

Zayaan said that he used 5K tokens to make a perfect enchant in Sakray, but I believe a decently enchanted robe (double the rune you want, no matter the level) might be doable in ~1K tokens. So, 1 month and a half for a decent robe.

+1. I've been unable to do anything else but these quests since 16.1 was released, and I haven't even finished all main quests in 3 chars. However, even though I would like it to be made more flexible, I'm more worried because every passing day I see myself unable to finish a robe for the duration of the probable upcoming Enriched Hammer event. I'd be satisfied if the next hammer event stayed for a month or so.

#25 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:38 AM

What about exchange Vicious Weapons to Tokens, 1:4? Many of these weapons comes with crap enchants and i prefer exchange them to tokens (if posible) than sell to npc/drop them, but it's decision of GMs anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users