Adrenaline Rush Scroll missing description? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Adrenaline Rush Scroll missing description?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

Hi hi as the topic said it, I was trying to think of a way to buff my ranger to 193 aspd and I saw this http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush that adrenaline rush scroll doesn't have weapon restriction and increase aspd by 30% which is cool. 

But apparently my dreams all came crashing down. Spent some kp buying a few boxes with the description saying containing 20 scroll but after opening them up and click on it to activate nothing happen. On closer inspection, I notice the user need to be equip with mace or axe or nothing will happen. If only they would had the same description on the box too as to warn me beforehand. So basically I felt cheated and could I have refund pls for the kp spent so I can use it for something better.  :p_cry:

Edited by Williamloo, 16 May 2017 - 12:53 AM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

Well, a skill scroll will simply use that skill and Adrenaline Rush itself has those weapon restrictions, so i guess, could've researched better?

#3 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:58 AM

I did research on it via http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush but that not the issue. The adrenaline scroll when in box display containing 20 scrolls without the other description that it require u

you to have axe or mace to be able to use it. It is only when you open it that it had the detail description. I also blame the one in charge of irowiki.org for giving out wrong info.  :p_err:

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:50 AM

the box contains 20 scrolls of the exact same skill that has the restriction, as you can see on irowiki. Thr only thing scrolls do is allow you to use on any class, but the skill mechanics/restrictions will always apply.

#5 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:10 AM

Lol..read more closely again dude. 

And when you buy the box of adrenaline scroll. It does not have the description stating that it is only usable with mace or axe. It is only when u open it, that the scroll skill description it there. Btw. Are u sugar coating for warp portal or whoever responsible for this blunder of description? 

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:15 AM

look at the skill description '-'

#7 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:48 AM

Lol..read more closely again dude. 

And when you buy the box of adrenaline scroll. It does not have the description stating that it is only usable with mace or axe. It is only when u open it, that the scroll skill description it there. Btw. Are u sugar coating for warp portal or whoever responsible for this blunder of description? 

I clicked on your link and this is what it says:

A scroll in which a single use of Level 5 Adrenaline Rush has been recorded.

• Casts [Adrenaline Rush] Lv 5 on the user when used.

It makes no mention of 'no weapon restriction', it simply casts adrenaline rush. (this also matches the description on the box)

Edited by Hrothmund, 17 May 2017 - 05:40 AM.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

look at the skill description '-'

#9 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hey Ashuckel, I know what adrenaline rush does and what weapon class restriction it have and I know the skill very well. I even have blacksmith myself too. I just wanted to point out that when I research on adrenaline rush scroll in here http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush  

It written under the Notes section that when used via Scroll, the user's attack speed will increase by 30% regardless of their job class

2nd under External section 

Bestowed from

If u take a look at the cash shop, the box description is that it contain 20 scroll of adrenaline rush. Where is the god damn warning that it only usable with mace and axe only? It is only when I open the box that the scroll now have that particular the description that usable with axe and mace only or it wont work.

It fine by me that I lost 4 buck to warp portal but at least could someone in charge for irowiki and also the game description pls correct the misinformation. It a cash shop item  btw warp portal, don't make customer call u a god damn cheater and ruin your reputation. 

P.S Ashuckel pls stop commenting on ppl post without doing a bit of research yourself for the sake of increasing your post count just to get some forum title which nobody care about. tq

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

said this on my first post here:

Skill scrolla just allow you to use them without actually having to learn them/use on a different job. All restrictions from the skill will still apply.

item DB does not have skill specifics on it because that's not relevant for item DB, irowiki already serves that purpose with all skills descriptions, effects, etc

Edited by Ashuckel, 17 May 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#11 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

Oh my good lord and bless the jesus this Aschuckel.

I know about skill scroll. I used them lots of time. How much more do I need to dumb it down to you for you to understand my OP on missing description as the main point and not because of someone or me doesn't know about skill scroll and how to use it. 

Ok. let take Aspersio scroll for example. On the box it doesn't have the description that you need to have holy water to use it but it only after u open it that it said so. Same as in http://irowiki.org/wiki/Aspersio that it said you need holy water. I would totally agree with it even though I would be happier if warpportal were to add that tiny information that u need holy water rather than someone just buy box and enter ET or instance with it and found out oh I need holy water to use it.

But for adrenaline rush, who's bright idea was it to add on the http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush page under the Note section and External section 

-When used via Scroll, the user's attack speed will increase by 30% regardless of their job class.

-Adrenaline Rush Scroll - Level 5; Usable (No weapon restriction)

Anyone would assume oh any class can use it and no weapon restriction too. 

As I said, I don't care about the money lost by me. All I wanted is someone from irowiki to clear the misinformation and also Warpportal to do something about those missing description on the scroll box to prevent this mishap from happening again. Thanks.

Ashuckel, I do hope that you are just purposely dragging this post just to increase your post count which is sad. If it not, u are a terrible listener and u should work on reading better.

Edited by Williamloo, 17 May 2017 - 08:42 AM.

#12 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Sounds like ur mad u spent kp on something that was obvious and ur just looking for a very very minor loophole to get money back

#13 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

ranger can get 193 aspd so easily tho 

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

-When used via Scroll, the user's attack speed will increase by 30% regardless of their job class.

Regardless of job, indeed, as long as you still use the apropriate weapons :v

Again, item DB does not care for skill specifics :v

#15 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Sounds like ur mad u spent kp on something that was obvious and ur just looking for a very very minor loophole to get money back

I already said in my other post I don't give a damn about losing 4 buck. All I wanted is someone to fix the missing description and also if possible avoid putting stuff like this in future that is void of description when it box form.

ranger can get 193 aspd so easily tho 

I know ranger can get 193 aspd but I am trying to improve my dmg without sacrificing my aspd

Ashuckel my funny man of the year

( I would have stop right there and avoid buying the scroll if only irowiki page did not mention the no weapon restriction and there is a description warning on the box )

This are all copy paste from irowiki page itself and have nothing to do with http://db.irowiki.org/db/

Edited by Williamloo, 17 May 2017 - 05:59 PM.

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

I already said in my other post I don't give a damn about losing 4 buck. All I wanted is someone to fix the missing description and also if possible avoid putting stuff like this in future that is void of description when it box form.

I know ranger can get 193 aspd but I am trying to improve my dmg without sacrificing my aspd

Ashuckel my funny man of the year

( I would have stop right there and avoid buying the scroll if only irowiki page did not mention the no weapon restriction and there is a description warning on the box )

This are all copy paste from irowiki page itself and have nothing to do with http://db.irowiki.org/db/

Going by this logically, this is what iro.db says.

Casts [Adrenaline Rush] Lv 5 on the user when used.

Which it is doing, it just isn't having an effect because:

http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush

"Places a temporary buff on the user and all party members that increases Attack Speed by 30% with Axe and Mace class weapons."

"When used via Scroll, the user's attack speed will increase by 30% regardless of their Job Class."

It outright says that it will work on classes other than it's own originating class, but that it only applies to One/Two-Handed Axes and Maces.

Pretty straight forward and nothing misleading.

#17 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

Sigh~ another person who don't read well. Since when did I mention my info come from iro.db. All my sources come from irowiki page itself.

http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush

"Places a temporary buff on the user and all party members that increases Attack Speed by 30% with Axe and Mace class weapons."

"When used via Scroll, the user's attack speed will increase by 30% regardless of their Job Class."

It outright says that it will work on classes other than it's own originating class, but that it only applies to One/Two-Handed Axes and Maces.

Pretty straight forward and nothing misleading.

I would completely agree with that and had stop right there but why is there further down the same page under External section

Bestowed from

Anyone would then assume there that any weapon is usable. And also the adrenaline scroll when it in box form, it didn't not have the description of usable with mace and axe only. Anyone would be mislead into buying it after all this.

Anyway, I just check the http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush and whoever in charge of it had finally remove the misinformation on the no weapon restriction part. Thank you (whoever u are for editing it) again for reading this post and I hope warpportal can also do something about it as well. Thanks  :p_sleep:

Edited by Williamloo, 17 May 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Sigh~ another person who don't read well. Since when did I mention my info come from iro.db. All my sources come from irowiki page itself.

Anyway, I just check the http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush and whoever in charge of it had finally remove the misinformation on the no weapon restriction part. Thank you (whoever u are for editing it) again for reading this post and I hope warpportal can also do something about it as well. Thanks  :p_sleep:

I read it fine and your scroll link was from the db, however looking at the date it appears to have changed recently so on that, you are correct.

#19 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

lol...Nirvana my buddy. The moment you posted this U already been not reading my post finely at all.

Going by this logically, this is what iro.db says.

Casts [Adrenaline Rush] Lv 5 on the user when used.

Since when did I complaning about the scroll in iro.db. All I did was point out on the no weapon restriction part on the previously written wrong info on that http://irowiki.org/w...Adrenaline_Rush page that it mention 

Bestowed from

if it were about the scroll from iro.db, I would had paste this instead http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/12220/

Anyway, let move on and pls don't be like Aschuckel.

God bless him lol

Edited by Williamloo, 17 May 2017 - 06:46 PM.

#20 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

My response to you still contains the iro db link to the scroll that you posted.

#21 Williamloo

Williamloo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

Oh my sweet lord and bless the jesus this Nirvana. Why are u even replying me on the iro db link? Did I mention in my post at all about there is something wrong about the info in http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/12220/  :p_swt:

Like I said let move on and already and please stop becoming Aschuckel no 2

Edited by Williamloo, 17 May 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#22 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

Maybe your thinking of advanced adrenaline rush? nah i'm kidding you are correct.

The wiki itself did say it was usable with any weapon type and someone fixed it, I have a vague recollection of the scrolls working pre-renewal, although I might just be getting confused with the introduction of musketeer hat which works on all weapons.

Perhaps it does work that way on Classic for pre/post renewal mechanics.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:29 AM

it's helpless, sigh

#24 TheUnlimited

TheUnlimited

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

The scroll is doing what it's supposed to.  If this were a common misconception about AR scrolls, it would be a regular complaint.  Neither the item nor the item's description needs changing, including over at the wiki.  The recent edits to the wiki page just add cast time/delay/cooldown and the actual percentage increase to the description.  Even the old version states twice that the skill requires Axes or Maces.  Three times if you count the categories bar at the bottom.

If you want AR on your ranger, you'll need the Rolf von Gigue hat (low chance when attacking) or the Musketter Hat (high chance when attacked).

It's okay to make mistakes, we all do.  Except Ash.

#25 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:56 AM

The scroll is doing what it's supposed to.  If this were a common misconception about AR scrolls, it would be a regular complaint.  Neither the item nor the item's description needs changing, including over at the wiki.  The recent edits to the wiki page just add cast time/delay/cooldown and the actual percentage increase to the description.  Even the old version states twice that the skill requires Axes or Maces.  Three times if you count the categories bar at the bottom.

If you want AR on your ranger, you'll need the Rolf von Gigue hat (low chance when attacking) or the Musketter Hat (high chance when attacked).

It's okay to make mistakes, we all do.  Except Ash.

no, someone did edit the description of the scroll in the wiki itself, I took a look after my initial reply. The wiki did have the wrong (or at least misleading) info up initially. That said, the description in the db and in game is absolutely fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users