Dragon Talk: Arcadia Episode 2 Previews! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Dragon Talk: Arcadia Episode 2 Previews!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:12 AM

Hello Dragon Saga friends!

Join me and Alteris tomorrow 05/17/2017 at 1030 Server Time for a new episode of Dragon Talk! Dragon Saga Producer Alteris has some previews planned, and will be showing off some of the awesome work that the Dragon Saga team has been doing for the game for Arcadia Episode 2! 

The livestream will be available on the Warpportal Twitch and Youtube channels!

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Yes please!

#3 BlackDragonLord

BlackDragonLord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:Yes

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

Oh god, i can't wait!!!

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

I can't wait!

#5 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:59 PM

Yes, you can!

#6 VaNak

VaNak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:40 AM

Waittttttting

#7 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

Have fun watching Poppies stuff presented by someone else. :p_smile:

#8 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:28 AM

Have fun watching Poppies stuff presented by someone else. :p_smile:

i thought a whole team was working on arcadia and not only a singly person?! :questionmark:  :p_swt:

#9 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

i thought a whole team was working on arcadia and not only a singly person?!  :questionmark:   :p_swt:

It is done by the team, just it's not presented by Popcorn maybe bc he doesn't want to :0 

#10 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

so why is Fliederduft acting like it was only Popcorn who worked at it and through that degrading all the work the others did...

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

Fliederduft says that because I am the one who does ALL implementation. Again: We are one producer, GM, CM, shared artists (who made some texture changes) and me implementing everything. The stuff you'll see is completely implemented and programmed (when necessary) by me. And I am the only programmer, to state that clear. The discussion if what you see is going to be implemented is decided in a team. The work is my job - except for new textures - because programming is the work of the programmer and not of an artist or producer, CM or GM. And that I am the programmer has been stated several times in the Dragon Talks by Alteris.

Alteris is always doing the big update presentations because being a producer THAT is his job. Also the job of the CM, because that is what a Community Manager is for.

Maybe everyone now understands why implementations can't be done by "a snip of the fingers". It has been stated several times that we are a small team and in another (older) topic Agitodesu already stated that I have neither thousands of hands or arms or a big programmer team behind me to realize everything we want/you suggest in ultra-speed.

And with this said I will step back from the community work a bit to have more time for what I am contracted: development.

#12 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

And with this said I will step back from the community work a bit to have more time for what I am contracted: development.

One guy doing the entire programming, implementation, bug fixes, is reacting to community wishes, deals with technical problems and is in charge to work on system flaws.

He is the only one you have. I can only suggest to treat him well. :p_smile:

#13 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

and who does the map / dungeon design and the other stuff.. who thinks about the new content / creates it in his mind?

not degrading popcorns work at all, but keep fair and honor the work of the others too.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 17 May 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#14 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

Which map/dungeon design? The "new" (re-used) event maps (Easter Forest, Summer Event) are done by me. Including cut-scenes. Many (not all) costume re-coloring was done by me. 

#15 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

okay, if its like that then good job, was talking about the map design / weapon and gear stuff of arcadia, not about the event maps

Edited by TurtleTuber, 17 May 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

and who does the map / dungeon design and the other stuff.. who thinks about the new content / creates it in his mind?

not degrading popcorns work at all, but keep fair and honor the work of the others too.

The most stuff is done by me, but I won't discuss that. I never wanted to reveal that. But you guys seem to think that I am not experienced enough to do things on my own. You're wrong. I have 20+ years of programming and game development experience and I know what I am doing and how to do it.

To state that clear: decisions are made within the team. Every decision. Every suggestion is discussed. I do not decide things on my own. IM stuff and IM events are the producer's work for example. The ultimate decisions what is coming into the game and what ideas are scrapped is the producer's.

#17 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

i never said that, no need to feel offended, only replied because i didnt know that the whole arcadia 2 part and everything which will get presented in the dragontalk was made by you..

Edited by TurtleTuber, 17 May 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#18 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

...sigh......Poppie?

I would say he suggests things and the others say yes or no and as soon as it is a yes it is Poppie's work.

Right Poppie?

#19 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

The amount of push for (and complaining about) updates is really small considering how slowly we get bigger updates compared to the games with bigger teams. That to me shows that generally people understand the limitations and lower their expectations as such. We've had nothing for a few years in between there, I'm pretty sure people appreciate anything they can get.

The fact that people know about the limited time and resources also means they try to sway you to work on what ever they think is best. That's what you see on the forums often.

Edited by Precrush, 17 May 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

...sigh......Poppie?

I would say he suggests things and the others say yes or no and as soon as it is a yes it is Poppie's work.

Right Poppie?

Yes I make suggestions too. Everyone in the team make suggestions. Then it is discussed, is it a good idea or a bad one?

If it's wanted we see if Artists are needed. They do the texturing stuff. And my work starts: programming, implementation.

Other events are work of the CM for example the livestreams, forums- and riddle contests.

You shouldn't think I suggest everything on my own - that's not the fact. As I said everyone in the team makes suggestions. It is discussed. Then the work for the particular people is starting: CM for the community work, Programmer for implementation and database work (besides lot of other things I do too), Artists if we need high quality texture changes (and they will get in charge as soon as the tools are working because I am not a 3d modeller - that is definitely work of the Artists), also complete new maps could become Artist's work (depending on how difficult this is going to become) but I am sure that Map Design can also be done by other people - for example our producer if he has the time and the drive to do such things. Or it can become a cooperative work. But first things first: Tools need to be working and that is a big part of my next work because we are planning to implement new things like monsters, maps, items - but as long as the tools are not working properly there is no promise when this can happen.

#21 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

so at the end it is a work done by a team and not by a single person. so why are people trying to ignore/ not mention the work of the other people?

#22 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

so at the end it is a work done by a team and not by a single person. so why are people trying to ignore/ not mention the work of the other people?

Giggle, you do not want to get it. :p_smile:

Just want to thank you Poppie for all your hard work on EP 1 and the current work on EP 2.

#23 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:35 AM

i dont know.. you treat popcorn in every single post like a god. even though he does a great job and alot of stuff, you forget the other people who put also their work into that game. the way you talk/treat/act about Popcorn, or whenever it comes to something Popcorn related is almost weird.

again: im not downgrading anyone and popcorn does for sure a great work, but other people are also working on arcadia 2.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 17 May 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#24 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

you are still not getting it XD

but that is fine :p_smile:

I'm here since he started as Vmod. He always did good work. In a time nobody cared for this game at all anymore and it was left to die.

The moment he showed up the game started living again.
He did something to/with the game nobody else did before. Poppie is not only a dev that is doing a job. He loves this game and this shows.

This is why he has my deepest respect. :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 17 May 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#25 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

Good stuff, now I can't wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users