Query and question! A direct question for campitor! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Query and question! A direct question for campitor!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#26 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

Here's the problem with all this GRF editing crap. You cant always trust the players. How would I know you aren't dabbling in the illegal stuff that was posted. I can't monitor what you do and that's expected. But now anyone can make changes they want and claim it to be "legal" because they just want to see it that way.

Keep doing your edits and share it with your guild members. Totally not an unfair advantage at all.

Same goes for literally every sort of cheat. And it's not unfair seeing as everyone has access to their GRF file and access to the internet to see how to do it. That's how I learned to use the GRF, so everyone else can too if they want to put the edits in. I don't give my members edits unless I ask Campitor and he says they are alright to use.

GRF edits like greymap and nodelay are unacceptable though because they offer massive advantage to a player. No matter what a player does, there is no other way to have xray vision through the walls of the game or being able to spam skills faster than anyone else could humanly do. Seeing a number that you could also be counting in your head is helpful, but not game-breaking.

#27 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

lol @ aco pretending to care

I've been with this game for over 14 years. I do care about this game and has seen the ups and downs.

What I care about now is the refusal for players to have an eqaul access to these modifications made to gove a player a competitive edge. It's like saying only specific guild members can use Azzy ai or ragial because well, fhey could just figure it out themselves right?

Because players like Rockerox cant get these edits, he is playing in an environment that is not fair to all players.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

It shouldn't be legal. It's a "QoL" but gives an advantage in micromanaging your skills. That's why its QoL - it gives an advantage over those who don't have it.

Too bad campitor doesn't seem to grasp this concept. 

#29 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:43 AM

Same goes for literally every sort of cheat. And it's not unfair seeing as everyone has access to their GRF file and access to the internet to see how to do it. That's how I learned to use the GRF, so everyone else can too if they want to put the edits in. I don't give my members edits unless I ask Campitor and he says they are alright to use.
GRF edits like greymap and nodelay are unacceptable though because they offer massive advantage to a player. No matter what a player does, there is no other way to have xray vision through the walls of the game or being able to spam skills faster than anyone else could humanly do. Seeing a number that you could also be counting in your head is helpful, but not game-breaking.

Here's the problem with asking Campitor. He doesnt answer everyone's PM but he seems to always be answering yours? Should more members learn how to GRF edit and Pm every detail to him? Is this what guild leaders should start doing?

#30 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

I've been with this game for over 14 years. I do care about this game and has seen the ups and downs.

What I care about now is the refusal for players to have an eqaul access to these modifications made to gove a player a competitive edge. It's like saying only specific guild members can use Azzy ai or ragial because well, fhey could just figure it out themselves right?

Because players like Rockerox cant get these edits, he is playing in an environment that is not fair to all players.

Why can't he get them? He doesn't know how to use google?

Here's the problem with asking Campitor. He doesnt answer everyone's PM but he seems to always be answering yours? Should more members learn how to GRF edit and Pm every detail to him? Is this what guild leaders should start doing?

He misses a ton of PM's, so I wait a week and ask again

#31 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:44 AM

Let's remember: Sagitarium always cry for Milky and Always die to one 109 Doram. Lmao

#32 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:48 AM

Why can't he get them? He doesn't know how to use google?

He misses a ton of PM's, so I wait a week and ask again

Is this what guild leaders doing? No wonder the WoE scene is dying. Some guild leaders refuse to stay behind the boundary of professionalism between players and GMs.

Don't get me wrong, this is as much Campitor's fault as is yours. But it sounds like to me that you're experimenting with a lot of things and checking with Camp later to see if it's okay. Isn't that illegal in the first place?

Edited by Demeris, 18 May 2017 - 09:49 AM.

#33 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:51 AM

baseless accusations, strawmanning, and word twisting

mmmm hmmm

#34 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

Is this what guild leaders doing? No wonder the WoE scene is dying. They refuse to stay behind the boundary of professionalism between players and GMs.

Don't get me wrong, this is as much Campitor's fault as is yours. But it sounds like to me that you're experimenting with a lot of things and checking with Camp later to see if it's okay. Isn't that illegal in the first place?

The reason the WoE scene is dieing is because of players that don't give a ^%&# if they use illegal edits or not. Not ones that are actually concerned with whether or not it's legal.

And if you read one of the numerous other times where I said I ask before doing the client edits you would understand that I don't go do an edit and then see if it's okay "later". But you seem to be on a witch hunt.

If GM's provided the legal GRF edits as default, fine by me, but they don't for whatever reason. So if you're going to whine about the people who go and do the edits themselves when they are told it's legal then that is pathetic.

Would you sell your Bio runs if you thought maybe it wasn't a legal service for you to provide? Or would you ask for approval so that you could continue knowing you aren't in the wrong?

#35 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

Anyway, I already sent the ticket corresponding to this subject,!

Consult friend, this also serves to see the life of the Emperium (how many hit it needs to break) works with mahole and ranger traps to know how much time they have left! Counter ! , You in this case, that you sell it? Or what, I would like to use it and play with it, since I saw the meter in the video, I liked it a lot did not know that there was something like that! , Could you tell me if you sell it or what! We have to share a friend, so that we have more people who play and be even more!

spanish :

de todas maneras , ya envie el ticket correspondiente a este asunto , !

consulta amigo , esto tambien sirve para ver la vida del Emperium ( cuantos hit necesita para romperse) funciona con mahole y trampas de ranger para saber cuanto tiempo les queda ! el contador ! , tu en este caso , eso lo vendes ? o que cosa , a mi me gustaria usarlo y jugar con el , desde que vi el contador en el video , me gusto mucho no sabia que existia algo asi ! , podrias decirme si lo vendes o que cosa !  hay que compartir amigo , para que tengamos mas personas que juegen y seamos aun mas ! 

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

I think we should have a psycho-technical test b4 allowing ppl to post on forums, just sayin

#37 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:00 AM

Anyway, I already sent the ticket corresponding to this subject,!

Consult friend, this also serves to see the life of the Emperium (how many hit it needs to break) works with mahole and ranger traps to know how much time they have left! Counter ! , You in this case, that you sell it? Or what, I would like to use it and play with it, since I saw the meter in the video, I liked it a lot did not know that there was something like that! , Could you tell me if you sell it or what! We have to share a friend, so that we have more people who play and be even more!

spanish :

de todas maneras , ya envie el ticket correspondiente a este asunto , !

consulta amigo , esto tambien sirve para ver la vida del Emperium ( cuantos hit necesita para romperse) funciona con mahole y trampas de ranger para saber cuanto tiempo les queda ! el contador ! , tu en este caso , eso lo vendes ? o que cosa , a mi me gustaria usarlo y jugar con el , desde que vi el contador en el video , me gusto mucho no sabia que existia algo asi ! , podrias decirme si lo vendes o que cosa !  hay que compartir amigo , para que tengamos mas personas que juegen y seamos aun mas ! 

Getting the HP of an emperium would be much different, that would not even be in the GRF. The GRF controls images, getting an emperium's HP would be ripping info from the server that we don't have access to, which would be highly illegal.

And I mean, I could sell you the GRF? Or you could do what I said earlier and google how to do it yourself for free?

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 18 May 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#38 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

Edited by Hirumminho, 18 May 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#39 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

Getting the HP of an emperium would be much different, that would not even be in the GRF. The GRF controls images, getting an emperium's HP would be ripping info from the server that we don't have access too, which would be highly illegal.

I thought you'd have that, and it works with mahole and ranger traps.

#40 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

I thought you'd have that, and it works with mahole and ranger traps.

Why would you even want that for ranger traps? They last a long time. lol. And manhole might be possible, but I don't think it would even be accurate, too much for me to try and explain for you to understand.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

I will make one and only one post on this. All of my GRF edits are legal. I have no intentions of making guides or teaching people how to do them, as they are not a one size fit all mod. You need knowledge on how the client works to do the edits, I am not interested in teaching people. Sorry.

would you be willing to have it hosted on wiki? The unfairness here is that not all have access. 

#42 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:08 AM

Why would you even want that for ranger traps? They last a long time. lol. And manhole might be possible, but I don't think it would even be accurate, too much for me to try and explain for you to understand.

How can we have access to that?

#43 Miyamisuu

Miyamisuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

TFW concerned white knight doesnt care that his own guild does the same client edits if not... more.

Ajajajaja

#44 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:12 AM

would you be willing to have it hosted on wiki? The unfairness here is that not all have access. 

If someone makes a guide on wiki that's up to them, it is a wiki after all.

Not really unfairness seeing as they can all go to google.com and type "How to grf edit on ragnarok"

People will still complain even if it were on the wiki, cause it would be "unfair" that some people know about the wiki and they don't... lol

Also I wouldn't trust it being a download on the wiki incase someone were to change the download out to some glitchy GRF or an illegal one to get people banned via sabotage.

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

Everyone who plays RO has to have access to internet, and so to google, so it's already equally avaiable for everyone to learn how to do/grab one ready themselves.

#46 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Then why, you have it, because campitor better, does not add to maintenance and that all players have and so it would be simpler for everyone do not you think? If we play the game is because we should have the same rights as all other players, not only some, who read the little letters or something so they are looking for wiki or wherever, I think it is wrong in that sense to have hidden this kind of Information that is too important I think. Or if you want campitor can even add it, I think that a genius like him, with his god attitudes and everything can do it quietly and add it to him is like breathing, it costs you nothing, I hope you read the message and do something and help us. And that incorporate it and also that it leaves others like mahole and other things with counters, I think that would be ideal.

spanish :

entonces porque , tu lo tienes , porque campitor mejor , no lo agrega a la mantencion y que todos los jugadores lo tengamos y asi seria mas sencillo para todos no crees?  si jugamos el juego es porque deberiamos tener los mismos derechos que todos los demas jugadores , no solamente algunos , que leen las pequeñas letras o algo asi que anden buscando en wiki o donde sea , pienso que esta mal en ese sentido tener oculto esta clase de informacion que es demaciado importante pienso yo . o si quiere campitor puede incluso agregarlo , pienso que un genio como el , con sus actitudes de dios y todo puede hacerlo tranquilamente y agregarlo para el es como respirar , no le cuesta nada , espero que lea el mensaje y haga algo y nos ayude . y que lo incorpore y tambien que salga otras como mahole y otras cosas con contadores , pienso que seria ideal.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

And all of you talking about "go look on google" let me tell you how that goes.

"I can't find a GRF that has what I want but doesn't have nodelay"

"I found a cool GRF that has pnuema timers but also has green stalker footprints and small barricades and I don't know how to get rid of them."

"I found these cool cast circles but all GMs look like satan morocc" 

Everything that is permissible should come with the requirement to share it with the community. Because Google-fu brings back bad things. 

#48 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:26 AM

And all of you talking about "go look on google" let me tell you how that goes.

"I can't find a GRF that has what I want but doesn't have nodelay"

"I found a cool GRF that has pnuema timers but also has green stalker footprints and small barricades and I don't know how to get rid of them."

"I found these cool cast circles but all GMs look like satan morocc" 

Everything that is permissible should come with the requirement to share it with the community. Because Google-fu brings back bad things. 

Who said they had to download a custom GRF? They download a GRF editor and apply the selected GRF edits they choose.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

Who said they had to download a custom GRF? They download a GRF editor and apply the selected GRF edits they choose.

Because the edits usually come together.... have you ever actually googled it? 

#50 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

so are your edits on wiki, xellie?

i looked at tools n client pages on classic wiki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users