19 replies to this topic

#1 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

I understand OD2 is the usual leveling spot for homunc, but that isn't exactly the fastest if your homunc is strong.

The most important thing to know is that Homunculus do NOT benefit from EXP events. They get bonus EXP from SPOTLIGHTS ONLY.

So what does this mean? Juno is spotlighted and the best place to get fast EXP is in South Juno. However, this is only reccomended for Homunculus S and it's not viable for the beginning homuncs.

Harpies can hit hard, however they die pretty easily if your homunc is slightly strong enough. If you have a bee with poison mist, harpies are easy, especially with painkiller.

For a dieter, it depends on what pet you had before. If it's an Amistr, it needs to at least around 125 to be strong enough to tank and do damage fast enough. You might also need to have your back against a corner if the dieter is killing too slow. Manually leveling with Lava Slide will definitely be faster.

So to all Bee Owners, TRY SOUTH JUNO

#2 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

Is true than OD2 is not the best place, but no one want to leave this place since is the only place where everyone is in and doing the respawn become something nice,

the only way to make everyone change their spot to another map is if someone move at least 5~7 pokemons to any new map and stay at least for 1~2 months so these players in OD2 maybe will try that place and leave OD2.

#3 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

You are correct in stating that a Spotlight map would currently have the best experience rate for homunculi. I would also agree that harpies are good, but only for active levelers, as you'll never convince enough players to move there for afking. 

The most important thing to know is that Homunculus do NOT benefit from EXP events. They get bonus EXP from SPOTLIGHTS ONLY.

The only thing that affects Homunculus experience rate is server rates. Homunculus DO, in fact, benefit from EXP events as long as it is applied to base rates. This is why it works on Spotlight maps. 

What does NOT affect Homunculus experience rate is VIP. This includes VIP based bonus EXP events. 

#4 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Aside from spotlights, though, we haven't had such an exp event in years (and probably never will again).

#5 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

Where do I level my 103 Dieter when OD1 is trash? No AoE, little to no space in OD2, and it took me almost 3 weeks to level it from 102 to 103... during the exp event!!!

Suggestions, please!

#6 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

Ant Hell for afk :P

Actively Harpy is good, just expect to use a lot of potions (and your mind).

#7 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Ant? Hell! No! XD I need someone where I can level FASTER than OD, not slower. XD

And AFK leveling an homunculus is already a pain, actively leveling it...?  :omg:

Well, I should assume that there's no better spot, then? Looks like I won't be getting Pyroclastic before next year. :P I deeply regret making a Dieter out of an Amistr.

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

Just for the record, I finally managed to get my Dieter to level 109, so it took me 3 and a half months to level from 103 to 109...

Amistr > Dieter is NOT for casuals, definitely...

#9 jokercoolyeah

jokercoolyeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

^Welp your base is amistr, you can get the advantage using CastleRouting(AzzyAI) and let your homunculus move for you while afk :D. did this on OD1/2 since thor doesnt have much player so no spot with permanent spawn numbers.

#10 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

^
What is this "CastleRouting"? is it different from when your homun auto attacks things?

Edited by Usurper, 29 October 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#11 jokercoolyeah

jokercoolyeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Your homun moves to a specific cell(you need to manually get coordinates of the whole map on where your homun should move). as your homun reaches that cell, it will use castling, then onto the next cell and castling and..... so it basically moves you around the map using castling(amistr only) 

#12 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:09 AM

^Welp your base is amistr, you can get the advantage using CastleRouting(AzzyAI) and let your homunculus move for you while afk :D. did this on OD1/2 since thor doesnt have much player so no spot with permanent spawn numbers.

Lazyness prevented me from doing it, now I don't need it anymore. Someone should share routes for OD1 and 2 with Azzy, and he could put it in the AI as default, for those who will suffer leveling his/her Amistr.

#13 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

Someone should share routes for OD1 and 2 with Azzy, and he could put it in the AI as default, for those who will suffer leveling his/her Amistr.

I can see OD1, as that map is rather empty most off the time.

But imo Amistr definetly does not belong into OD2, too many people and too few attack skills (as in no attack skills at all) on Amistr.

You're really better off camping Ant Eggs than moving to KS-Heaven, uhm i mean OD2, until you have an AoE.

Same goes for Lif, but why would anyone make a Lif.

#14 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

That's why it took me so long. I agree that an OD2 route is not necessary, though. The problem is that OD1 is almost totally empty, and there's little to no respawn, and OD2 is full of homunculus with or without AoE. If all homunculi without an AoE were in OD1, it would be much better. Things got a little bit better when I moved to OD2. When you can get one screen of space, you can level there, else, you're damned. After you get your AoE, everything change, though. XD

Just for comparison, from level 108 to 109 it took me almost a week, yesterday alone I just leveled 60% in the few hours that I was not doing something on other chars. All Homunculi S should unlock their AoE on level 100. XD

Edited by Kusanagisama, 31 October 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#15 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

I did 108 -> 109 Amistr -> Dieter in a bit over 24h at Ant Eggs... xD

The biggest problem is having enough intimacy to afk most of the time it takes to hit 109.

Would totally love it if newly made Homuns and newly mutated Homuns were loyal instead of hating you. D:

#16 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

I find it faster  AFK leveling in Ant Hell as compared to actively leveling in OD2 or Brasilis Field. Holy -_-

Edited by Usurper, 20 December 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#17 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

I usually go to OD2 with amistr starting lvl 95, less than that it's still faster to lvl in ant hell. but lvl 80 vanilmirth is already strong enough for OD2.

I finished vanil based S homun levelling within 2 weeks. Amistr based S homun in 17 days, also OD2. not much of a difference.

with amistr>dieter: I usually hit 109 with amistr first, I'm benefitting from their decent aspd at 105+ ish. Sera with amistr based can be a pain too, don't evolve it to sera at lvl 100 ish if you base is amistr, you'll be left crying with 150ish aspd at lvl 100

reason why I still choose OD2 to level all of my homun is, because of the spawn rate. I would just stay there watching movie, doing things without worrying about the mob getting stacked in one area of the map

Edited by Rinpyon, 12 January 2018 - 08:54 PM.

#18 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Yeah but as an Amstir>Sera user, OD2 is not that great because there are only a handful of players grinding there making the spawn rate really low(I'd have to roam around looking for mobs) compared to Ant Hell because you have a constant supply of eggs that your Homun can bash continuously w/out delay.

Mine is lvl 111 now and once I get to 116/with Poison Mist, Ill try out OD 2 again or Brasilis Dungeon.

#19 EmpiSENPAI

EmpiSENPAI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:55 AM

90-100 Metaling way faster exp 94-95 i just spent less than 3hrs to get a level up what more it ein_fild08 is crowded with homu. the re-spawn of monster is way faster and exp will boost drastically.

#20 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:17 PM

Not a really bad option is Sunken Ship too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users