Problem with the market and a possible fix - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with the market and a possible fix

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

Don't you hate it when you put an item in the market for the lowest price but then 10 minutes later somebody lowered their price to yours -1 gold?

It's annoying, makes prices swingy and gives a big advantage to those who can spend the time to market watch 24/7.

In other mmos I've seen them try to lessen this by taking the market fee when the item is put in as supposed to after it's sold like we have. This means it's not worth it to take the item out and put it in so often, and if you do take it out you have to lower the price considerably for it to make any sense.

So how about taking our market fee when the item is put in to be sold? That wouldn't be too big of a job I'd think.

The system would work the best with a sort of time function on it. For example you could put an item in for 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week. When you put the item in it reserves the fee, say 3% from your gold. If you don't get the item sold and 1 hour passes, that gold is returned to you. But if it gets sold or if you call of the offer, the gold is taken permanently. This would be a bigger job no doubt.

So if you people can make any sense of that what do you think? Any other solutions? Should we just live with it? I could see some complications but I think overall this'd be a much better way of doing things. Especially the 2nd way.

#2 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:17 PM

The suggestion requires too much sophistication in coding. The phenomenon has always been going on from the beginning, there is nothing you can do. You can't neither stop those market watchers. In backward, I see advantages.

As a buyer, I like cheapest price. Also that's part of deflation, which is good.

As a seller, I don't need to compete their price since sooner or later their inventory will run out. If affordable, I would buy theirs and sell at my price.

#3 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

what about people who get luckily a good item like a bloody and want to sell it on the market but dont have the money for the fee?

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

@FeintsSiphon, this is the change you can do and would basically fix this particular problem altogether. And I don't know what you mean by the cheaper prices and all that, a system like I proposed would result in cheaper prices since people would have to think more carefully about the price they register items at.

@Vossel, Yes that's one disadvantage of this. In that case you'd just have to go out and get that bit of gold from some place else. Since the fees are so small it wouldn't be too big of an issue.

#5 theprofme

theprofme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSilistra, Bulgaria
  • Server:D`Best

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

LONG LIVE THE FREE MARKET!

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

Everyone is free to set their prices on their own. Since duping is no longer possible there is no need to regulate market prices.

#7 theprofme

theprofme

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSilistra, Bulgaria
  • Server:D`Best

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

Like me! Like me! ...

I'm bad only sometimes!

(shame on me!)

:D hahaha

#8 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

The thing is, those said people that can play 24/7 rather sell their stuff on the trade chat isntead of the market, so I doubt that a registration fee will do anything against them.

#9 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:34 AM

Things go cheap on the trade chat, why would they focus there? Besides there's no reason to do something against the market standers, nothing wrong with what they do. Just this one thing makes selling stuff more bothersome than it needs to be.

This ain't about regulating. Free market irl is cool and all, but imagine if it was a video game and companies could change prices without any consequences, instantly, everywhere, by how little they liked. That would cause absolute chaos with prices changing constantly. That's why it isn't the best way to do things in a game. We don't have the real world hassle between us and changing the price.

#10 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:56 AM

That would cause absolute chaos with prices changing constantly.

I share my empathy. The thing you oversee, I believe is that nobody controls the market price. Thus be at ease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users