What I am looking for after big update. - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What I am looking for after big update.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

Welcome to my ever first topic. Following up with the name comes with expectations.

• Final Critical Rate & Critical Rate cap: Overall, I see uncanny reasons with the cap when critical damage is essential for damage dealing, not just elements. To reach higher than 70% final rate, it's no joke at all, which requires a lot of agility, critical rate and certain combination of final critical rate equipment. That's also another way to make agility more useful.
  •  Profession: Why no achievement when from 0 to 500 experience is not a piece of cake or passive talents at least?
  •  Dodge trap mode: While you're still balancing this type of headache, dodge trap could be one of the fun game for competition (without equipment requirement) when nobody is stronger nor weaker than others. Traps in this game are awesome. I understand breeze run but it's flawed to the core. I would like a new map, work with team; each traps deal damage, teammate can heal each other and foes can push or pull others. Time limited.
  • Guild boss: I think guild boss can replace community boss. The guild boss should have lots hp and deal extremely high splash damage for current level, which means there are various levels and require strong equipment. Solo-ing is practically possible. Defeating the boss will drop rare loot for everyone. Boss can only be summoned by paying guild currency so doing guild quest and teamwork are strongly recommended.
  • Daily login reward: This promotion should be a thing to pay off for those who are DS enthusiasts, make them feel special by their commitment. Better reward on consecutive login. Of course, character bound.
  • New currency: I know silver coin but that's a different thing. Scamming has been an issue since the beginning, which is very negative sign after many development without solutions (no offense). I demand new currency to "temporarily" replace IM to buy certain essential stuffs like insurance scrolls. This currency can be collected through doing quests (all type of quest except hero). Pricing ratio will be to be considered and items bought by that currency is bound.

Thanks for reading.

#2 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

but increasing critical rate will make x class more broken and make skill based chars even less  desirable a shaman with 40% is already a beast

#3 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:30 AM

at least agility has some kind of use right now, not really like int or strength (int still more than strength). Id rather say make strength responsible for crit dmg

#4 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

Slightly off topic but why not hard cap stats at 1000 and boost it's effectiveness appropriately. It's not possible to stack the 4 primary stats that high equally. Then adjust Str and agi ratio/equation for CR/CD if deemed worthy of touching upon. Or just make stats have diminishing returns, the first 500 or so has the highest value then stacking past that would give less and less hard capping at 1000. As of now Agi is useful for its critical rate purpose more than the evade since that system is generally busted. In most games the stay away from the evade+aim combo, but rather have only evade but with a really small margin like maybe 5-15% evade rate maxed thus technically equivilant of negating 15% of incoming damage in the long run.

Also it's not a bad idea, but the thing about it will increase the "x attacking classes" dps can only be adjusted by fixing the x attack itself on those classes only not adjusting or nerfing cd/cr/and others. Games should not balance universal common stats for the sake of those classes that use diffusion/helix/doubleshot.

Edited by Agitodesu, 23 May 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#5 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:01 PM

but increasing critical rate will make x class more broken and make skill based chars even less  desirable a shaman with 40% is already a beast

You and I can't tell what balance change will be done in May 31st. In pve aspect, it shouldn't hurt anyone. In pvp wise, introducing more critical damage resistance option is a should, this stat is 1% common nowadays.

#6 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

PvP should not be based on luck. A certain chance for skills to miss is fine, but evade rate in generall is a bad thing. A stun which misses can decide a whole match, even more frustating if it missed because of evade rate. Should be a game of two or more people in terms of skill and gameplay. Not in point of having RNG jesus on your site.

The idea in the other thread to remove element attack from Helix Shot and Diff Cannon or changing the way how its scaled is a good way to start in my opinion.

Removing it completely or dividing it by the number of projectiles per x-attack might be also an idea. For Example Helix Shot Ele Dmg per projectile only 1/3. Diff Cannon 1/3 also. Double Shot 50% of the ele Dmg each projectile.

Raising the cap for CR/ CDMG is fine in my opinion and would offer more possibilities. The MS / AS hard-caps need a rework for sure in future. Caps are in the moment everywhere and i dont know why. Instead of changing the way it scales or nerfing stats of different items. Building gear became uncreative for now because everyone is forced to use the same kind of build in endgame.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 23 May 2017 - 12:13 PM.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

How often shall I tell you that we discussed enough about the caps. The AS/MS caps stay how they are. If don't like to constantly repeat myself. If the AS/MS discussion continues the topic will be locked.

#8 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

There were actually no discussions ever possible since every topic got locked right away and talking about it became a taboo topic.

At the very first brainstorm about suggestions for the future MS/AS caps even you said that the idea of a softcap seems to be good. Afterwards everyone got ditched and the hard cap was implemented even though the biggest part of the community didnt appreciate it.

Only Archers/Ninjas and Twins will understand and only the PvPer of those. 

Definition of discussion is a consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate.

This happened as stated before the MS/AS cap was implemented. Afterwards the topic got deleted if i remember right. Post MS/AS cap there never happened a discussion. Players brought up problems of the current cap and offered ideas, while every topic got locked or was simply answered with "the MS/AS cap is final". Thats no discussion.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 23 May 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

I tried to discuss before the caps were put in place. The only outcome was that nothing was good enough for the posting players and the topic went out of hands. Once and for all no caps were and are no option, higher caps are no option. End of discussion. If you have something to complain or any suggestion please use the suggestion forum or feel free to submit a ticket to our support team. Thank you.

#10 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

Speaking of cap, TurtleTuber, I understand both side (between developer and player). The cap is more or less balance related, such a coincidence but the point is regarding game's performance problem as this game is way years old ago, they have no choice. We'll go slowly and figure what can be done. For now, let's leave the cap be. Inversely, I'm with you that equipment building is meant to be innovative.

I used to suggest regular attack shouldn't deal elemental damage, that is a big deal for X spam.

#11 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:34 PM

I will actually try to work out the pros and cons of the current caps for every class (PvP wise since the impact for PvE is pretty low in my opinion and not worth to mention), the now limited possibilities for endgame gear building and suggestion to improve the current cap or alternatives to a cap. 

Edited by TurtleTuber, 23 May 2017 - 12:34 PM.

#12 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

Let's not derail the topic. Furthermore, there are other ideas I think worth discussing because it wasn't discussed before.

#13 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:46 AM

1. I've never liked the cdmg and crit rate caps. That being said if there has to be caps for some reason I rather have them do something. The caps as they are now are still pretty tough to reach while being rewarding once reached. If these caps were to be raised significantly higher, than might as well get rid of them at that point.

2.Ye sure profession achievements could be a thing.

3 and 4. I don't honestly think development time should be spend on too gimmicky stuff. A guild dungeon would be cool. But then again if the only difference to a normal dungeon is that it's something you do with your guild I don't think that's worth it over just doing a dungeon for everybody.

5.Daily login rewards are meh, I don't really like giving away things for no effort. If there was to be one it shouldn't be based on consecutive logins.

6. I don't really see what good another currency would do.

I tried to discuss before the caps were put in place. The only outcome was that nothing was good enough for the posting players and the topic went out of hands. 

Have to call you out there, that topic had a lot of good discussion on the matter. Of course there was going to be difference in opinions and heated debate. One thing that was clear from that was that if there had to be limitations to ms speed it shouldn't be a hard cap in the majority's opinion. That's what you did and I think we should move on, but saying nothing was good enough is bogus.

#14 HakannBlast

HakannBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:22 AM

1. I've never liked the cdmg and crit rate caps. That being said if there has to be caps for some reason I rather have them do something. The caps as they are now are still pretty tough to reach while being rewarding once reached. If these caps were to be raised significantly higher, than might as well get rid of them at that point.

uncapped critical damage and crit rate on a shaman

1a4.jpg

If anything they should reduce current CD rates for pve and keep nowadays ones for pvp

Edited by HakannBlast, 24 May 2017 - 03:26 AM.

#15 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:03 AM

How about shaman damage getting nerfed? I think it's safe to assume it will, sooner or later. And expert mode will have cd capped at 200 anyway.

But what I'm saying is what we have now is good but if they get raised then might as well get rid of the caps all together.

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:20 AM

Have to call you out there, that topic had a lot of good discussion on the matter. Of course there was going to be difference in opinions and heated debate. One thing that was clear from that was that if there had to be limitations to ms speed it shouldn't be a hard cap in the majority's opinion. That's what you did and I think we should move on, but saying nothing was good enough is bogus.

Once and for all: That was not MY decision. I wanted soft caps, you killed the thread about it with your toxic behavior. Finally Alteris decided against my suggestion of soft caps and hard caps were put in place. End of story.

And again, even with soft caps the hard caps we have now had been put in place at the exact same amount for technical reasons. Only there would have been a scaling. But you had been capped at the exact same amounts. Soft caps are now no option anymore. The hard caps were the final decision of Alteris. And as I told you Alteris is the producer. And that means he's responsible for the final decisions.

With this said I kindly ask you to stop the AS/MS discussion at this point because the OP already mentioned not to derail this topic. Thank you.

#17 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:41 AM

By you I meant the team, the company, whoever's responsible, but that ain't a problem. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going with x even if people seemed to want y. Saying or implying that happened because of the thread (which was not toxic unless you'd consider this response toxic as well) is what gets me. That thing went on for page after page with a lot more people than usual giving their 2 cents. I'd call it a huge success in that front. I'm sure there was actual toxic comments there but I didn't get to read those which means the forum mods did their job.

#18 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

As far as i followed the topic it was one of the most harmless ones. Everyone gave their opinion, i did not see any bashing there. At the end it got locked with a thank you of the staff, telling us that all suggestion will get taken into account.

#19 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

I hate locking topic, not because the topic was mine but the thing is everyone want their voice heard. Locking topic doesn't solve the problem and another topic will sooner or later posted as a cycle. Perplexing. Instead of locking topic, sinply edit the text, that won't hurt as many and much as people and their mindset.
Beside, these ideas are critical and constructive whether positive or negative.

#20 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Ohh and breeze run is by no means "rotten to the core". It has two problems: For some classes it's a bit of work to get the mp recovery or the right pet. And also people don't know about it.

#21 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

Ohh and breeze run is by no means "rotten to the core".

I was hypercritical. I'm trying to say that since the problems were addressed long time ago, it has been no change for patches.

3 and 4. I don't honestly think development time should be spend on too gimmicky stuff. A guild dungeon would be cool. But then again if the only difference to a normal dungeon is that it's something you do with your guild I don't think that's worth it over just doing a dungeon for everybody.

5.Daily login rewards are meh, I don't really like giving away things for no effort. If there was to be one it shouldn't be based on consecutive logins.

6. I don't really see what good another currency would do.

3. Some like balanced pvp. This type of pvp doesn't require gears nor level range and everyone can participate. Not redundant at all. The thing I notice this game is that it lacks of teamwork-ship, wander around forum and everyone says that is OP or solo by rolling the keyboard, which is frankly lame.

4. A guild isn't just a place where your friends gather and chill chat on the channel. Helping with dungeon is coincidentally count (it's still a party, not a guid). Currently the guild function is more likely better than nothing but still not good, the more doesn't mean the better. In short, guild function doesn't persuade players play unitedly. More than that, I bet everyone likes rare loot, and to have rare loot, players must do guild request and party up to slay the boss. That is the spirit.

5. items are bound, no problem. Hardcore deserves daily login reward for their loyalty.

6. The issues remain IM scam and quests unintriguing. Nobody want scamming, they risk to buy IM every single time even though there are IM sellable on market for various reasons such as cheaper, unavailable, wheel of misfortune; quests are just for those who's interested in doing quests or story line, reward isn't well deserved. So what's better than doing quests to have that currency then use it to buy IM stuffs and fight scam? I know it hurts a little of warpportal business but more interesting in the game.

#22 FeintsSiphon

FeintsSiphon

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Update.

• Kill Count: Getting around 900 isn't piece of cake. Monster count shouldn't reset whenever character is logged out for whatever reasons. 0:00 reset can be a neat solution.
  • Bright Jewel: Upgrade gather tool. Upgraded tool increases gather speed.
  • New IM item (Greedy loot): Similar with gada, this item gives additional 4 rewards every dungeon run.
  • Blessing Enchantment/Soulcraft/Bending Success: I like the category of socket card when additional insurance is used to increase the success chance. In this case, success rate can reach potentially to 75%. I know stone still exists but fixing them seems to be more work. Also with this system, players don't really have to wait for every event to spend scrolls; yet I still like free stuffs *maniacally laugh*.

More to come discussing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users