Classic May 25th Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic May 25th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

May 25th

10:30am -6pm

Quests

• The next new Headgear quest, the Libra Diadem, is available. Speak to Frank in Morocc (who has moved to his own tent at 118, 93). Certificates can be found in the treasure caches.
    • To create this headgear you'll need the following:
      • 5 Gold
      • 50 2carat Diamonds
      • 250 3carat Diamond
      • 10 Opals
      • 1000 Zeny
      • 1 Libra Diadem Certificate

Events

• Experience and Drop event continues!
  • Homunculus Loyalty event continues!

Spotlight

• The Demon spotlight continues. The following demons will be affected:
Spoiler

Community

• The upcoming 16.1 release 'Share the Banquet' event is ongoing. While the content of 16.1 isn't coming to the Classic Server, what rewards can be available to Classic will be available!
  • We're finalizing the next Treasure Cache tier. Link is here:
    • The treasure cache system is undergoing a re-write. All three newly changed tiers, as well as a new supporting system, will be revealed soon for review. The rewrite is going to put more significance on the level bands they encompass. The caches will have gear for characters leveling through them as well as a method to unlock them while in those level ranges. In addition, it introduces more granulated control of headgear drops AND a system to make undesired certificates have value. A value with it's own trade-able economy. All three tiers will be released at the same time. More information will be provided once the system design is complete and ready for release.
  • NOTE: The servers will be going down at 10:30am PST for specific maintenance tasks. However, we anticipate being up an equivalent time period earlier.

Server Status: Open

#2 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Kvm time to make a choice ... or publish your findings in your little diversion survey

#3 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Kvm time to make a choice ... or publish your findings in your little diversion survey

The survey was relatively positive, although the majority of people who wanted it added preferred a PvE methodology instead of PvP. So we're discussing introducing it, although it will be awhile before we can start planning it out as other projects currently take precedence. 

#4 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

• We're finalizing the next Treasure Cache tier. Link is here:
    • The treasure cache system is undergoing a re-write. All three newly changed tiers, as well as a new supporting system, will be revealed soon for review. The rewrite is going to put more significance on the level bands they encompass. The caches will have gear for characters leveling through them as well as a method to unlock them while in those level ranges. In addition, it introduces more granulated control of headgear drops AND a system to make undesired certificates have value. A value with it's own trade-able economy. All three tiers will be released at the same time. More information will be provided once the system design is complete and ready for release.

WOOT! see, now THIS I can give detailed feedback on. lol. waiting ~~~~

#5 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

battlegrounds must be put in the official way, the items must be obtained by BATTLING for them in PVP/WOE setting. otherwise it wouldn't be battleground gear now would it?

#6 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

At almost no point on this server have people ever fought in Battlegrounds to achieve the gear they are using. People will just farm with alts or bots until they have achieved the gear they want. I'm not against things being implemented properly, you just could not do it properly on Classic.

The box re-do is interesting, will you still plan on having a middle tier of key that is obtained from GM events? I dont know if I've seen any given away as yet so......

#7 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:22 AM

Ozallia, ask Campitor to check my PM please.

#8 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

At almost no point on this server have people ever fought in Battlegrounds to achieve the gear they are using. People will just farm with alts or bots until they have achieved the gear they want. I'm not against things being implemented properly, you just could not do it properly on Classic.

The box re-do is interesting, will you still plan on having a middle tier of key that is obtained from GM events? I dont know if I've seen any given away as yet so......

At this point in time we are looking at 5 keys. Keys will work in different ways. Some only work while the character is within a level range and only on the appropriate box tiers. One will be trade-able to other players. The rest dictate how many rolls on the treasure box a player gets when using it.

In direct answer to your question yes, one key is currently planned to primarily be available through events, although there may be a few rare in-game ways to acquire one.

Of course, as always, these plans are subject to change. But right now that's what we're going for.

#9 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

sounds good as long as we dont have to wait all summer for this to be implemented

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

if the homunc event is ongoing will all homun be set to just below loyal every maint until the end of the event? 

In other words, if I evolve one this week, will it be loyal again next maint? 

#11 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

if the homunc event is ongoing will all homun be set to just below loyal every maint until the end of the event? 

In other words, if I evolve one this week, will it be loyal again next maint? 

That is correct. But the next maintenance will be the last time the loyalty is set. The event ends after that.

#12 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

At this point in time we are looking at 5 keys. Keys will work in different ways. Some only work while the character is within a level range and only on the appropriate box tiers. One will be trade-able to other players. The rest dictate how many rolls on the treasure box a player gets when using it.

In direct answer to your question yes, one key is currently planned to primarily be available through events, although there may be a few rare in-game ways to acquire one.

Of course, as always, these plans are subject to change. But right now that's what we're going for.

coolness. i've said from the beginning, this can be a great system. please take the time to plan out the entire system and bring it to us before implementation. and i kno your looking at 100 diff things well working on this, but i had another idea. one of the kinds of key could come from the one time entry quests. such as  "finding the moving island quest", "Rachel sanctuary quest","ayothaya dungeon quest", ect. also you can look at the maps that require these kinds of quests good spots for higher or rarer tier boxes. promoting exploration, questing, and farming. that and i assure you if a player goes through the trouble to do a hard-ish entry quest to farm and finds a bot there.... that bot is getting reported. lol.

#13 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

Server is open.

#14 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

Doesn't look like homunculus loyalty got updated. Mine is still at awkward.

#15 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Doesn't look like homunculus loyalty got updated. Mine is still at awkward.

Looks like it didn't take. Talked to Campitor and we'll run it next week AND Classic will get an extra week of loyalty. So we'll do it one more time after next week.

#16 billclinton007

billclinton007

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

new player  abadon  iro classic  after they has lv 70  because  they cant  find party for leveling.  it hard for new player  who has not  good equipment and weapon  to solo

we should  has  npc  free heal  at asguard    

#17 coerce1991

coerce1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:iRO Restart

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

billclinton is right. I saw his High Priest buffing and healing new player at Asgard with all his might. Someone should put an npc there to help newbies.

#18 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:21 AM

new player  abadon  iro classic  after they has lv 70  because  they cant  find party for leveling.  it hard for new player  who has not  good equipment and weapon  to solo

we should  has  npc  free heal  at asguard    

Because of this, when we see any BR, i invite and help with a elemental weapon. Encourage the old membes create new chars to lvl together.

The Junaway weapon and gears help a lot but need more tools to keep the player on game. When you are 70+, have some places which this gears and weapon dont help anymore.

Maybe a new system for 70+ players? New Gears, Weapons and TI. SOLO TI please... A Rogue or Knight or Alchimist is very dificult to find party on ID3 because the dont offer to much.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

I tried doing a vanilla newbie on classic and when you hit 70 its like slamming into a wall, something needs to be done for those players

#20 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

ya, as someone who made his way post janeway on classic.... hitting lvl 70 post janeway on your first toon... total brick wall. there are things you can do. but most of those things require a decent old school knowledge of the world, entry quests, ect. 

however the problem can be looked at in two ways. either;

janeway helps you get to 70 but then drops you off with almost no tools to progress with. and in a way that does not teach you how to use the toon you made. more needs to be done post 70.

or

janeway helps you get to 70 but then drops you off with almost no tools to progress with. and in a way that does not teach you how to use the toon you made. janeway should be replaced with a slower start.

i prefer the first option. some ideas:

Janeway Ideas:

-Add mercenary training to the quest line (after armor quest)
-Directly incorporate the cursed armor into janeway
-possibly add pet training into the janeways (fix pets that dont give buffs)

post janeway ideas:

-New T.I. update; add locations without accesses quests and add them to the warper, also add a few locations that do require accesses quests. for the latter, increses the rewards and do not add warps directly there.
offer alternate rewards for players that dont want exp. for existing and new t.i.'s

reward system ideas:

-rewards from poring wars such as wild rose, doppleganger, and egnigem ceina mercenarys and the novice, swordsman, acolite, mage, archer, thief, and merchant figures.
-the still absent new world gear pcs
-Shaman ring / Shaman earrings / Shaman hair decoration (these could be reworked to blank gear that you can random enchant stats to). like almost any of the new renewal gear systems. if kept reasonable it would give new toons a goal before all the reborn woe gear, ect.
-gsb (i still think newbs need a way of trying to supply up there new guild for a first woe. and we know its already in the server so this would be the "easy button" fix)

challenge dungeon

-before we go making a bunch of proposals for new stuff we should polish the C.D.
-new music (im sure that anything is better than the log in music)
-can we try porting the mob data over to something with a diff sprite?
-can we experiment with another map? like try a field map and add in a easy trash mob for between targets?
-or an alternate look pront? you could add an npc bit explaining how your stopping the evil bleeding into our world or something.
-whatever is done it needs some FLAVOR. we got all the vitamins and minerals in the tofu, but it needs sauce so dad will eat it, lol. but really flavor is as important as game rewards or mechanics. and is what makes ragnarok so addictive and immersive to weirdo people like us.

nightmare version dungeons:

-classic versions of "nightmare" instances would be a good way to expand things a bit. (i realize creating each of these zones would take time) imagine each month a "nightmare zone" opens in front of an existing area. and by entering it your faced with a high lvl version of a classic experience. for instance, i rlly like the clock tower. always have. the music, the feeling of getting lost. animated clocks and stuff.... just great. but if i had a reason to go there once in a while to do something challenging it would be better. the big problem is we would need a few of these and possibly our current challenge zone to all be on a rotation. and rlly , if i understand correctly , it would be writing over assets every time it switched because of the client/server limitations. either way we have the rest of the new world gear and some ideas of custom item effects for a few unused gears to work with as far as rewards. if we buckle down and work on it we could have a stable way of introducing end tier content FINISHED in the next year or two. and we could do even more if we are willing to make large, but temporary, changes to existing maps an mobs in game. 

Events, Events, Events:

in conjunction with this we should increase the frequency of events from ro's past recurring in classic. we dont get new content here, so we neeeed some old content love. i understand why you cant increase the number of events per year in renewal. because in between events they get updates. but we dont so we should be killing an mvp in pront field, or making some ridiculous headgear. just thoughts. 

whew.... another one of Lxst's lists..... :p_angel:

#21 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

I am interested in the changes to the box system. It sounds like we could be going in the right direction.

Janeway Ideas:

-Add mercenary training to the quest line (after armor quest)
-Directly incorporate the cursed armor into janeway
-possibly add pet training into the janeways (fix pets that dont give buffs)

post janeway ideas:

-New T.I. update; add locations without accesses quests and add them to the warper, also add a few locations that do require accesses quests. for the latter, increses the rewards and do not add warps directly there.
offer alternate rewards for players that dont want exp. for existing and new t.i.'s

challenge dungeon

-before we go making a bunch of proposals for new stuff we should polish the C.D.
-new music (im sure that anything is better than the log in music)
-can we try porting the mob data over to something with a diff sprite?
-can we experiment with another map? like try a field map and add in a easy trash mob for between targets?
-or an alternate look pront? you could add an npc bit explaining how your stopping the evil bleeding into our world or something.
-whatever is done it needs some FLAVOR. we got all the vitamins and minerals in the tofu, but it needs sauce so dad will eat it, lol. but really flavor is as important as game rewards or mechanics. and is what makes ragnarok so addictive and immersive to weirdo people like us.

nightmare version dungeons:

-classic versions of "nightmare" instances would be a good way to expand things a bit. (i realize creating each of these zones would take time) imagine each month a "nightmare zone" opens in front of an existing area. and by entering it your faced with a high lvl version of a classic experience. for instance, i rlly like the clock tower. always have. the music, the feeling of getting lost. animated clocks and stuff.... just great. but if i had a reason to go there once in a while to do something challenging it would be better. the big problem is we would need a few of these and possibly our current challenge zone to all be on a rotation. and rlly , if i understand correctly , it would be writing over assets every time it switched because of the client/server limitations. either way we have the rest of the new world gear and some ideas of custom item effects for a few unused gears to work with as far as rewards. if we buckle down and work on it we could have a stable way of introducing end tier content FINISHED in the next year or two. and we could do even more if we are willing to make large, but temporary, changes to existing maps an mobs in game. 

Events, Events, Events:

in conjunction with this we should increase the frequency of events from ro's past recurring in classic. we dont get new content here, so we neeeed some old content love. i understand why you cant increase the number of events per year in renewal. because in between events they get updates. but we dont so we should be killing an mvp in pront field, or making some ridiculous headgear. just thoughts. 

100% for incorporating the Cursed Armor stuff into Janeway. It's SUPER useful for new players.

Post Janeway they need to add more interesting party stuff. I still like the idea of having them hijack the Kafra warp voting event and create two different sets of TIs that the players can vote for. Each side can have TIs for three level ranges 70-79, 79-89, 89-99. With options for stuff like:

• High Orcs/Minorous (70-79)
  • GH Prison/Clock Tower (79-89)
  • Bio2 (with huge job exp reward)/Magma 1 or 2/(89-99)

Other honorable mentions for places to look at fitting in somewhere:

• Ant Hell
  • Rachel Sanct
  • Byalan 4/5
  • Orc Dungeon
  • Pyramids
  • Turtle Island

They do need to do-over the Challenge Dungeon and Hazy. I dont know how many sprites they have left after doing Hazy so I dont know if picking another sprite is possible. It's honestly easier to just change the map/situation. Take two or three of the Geffen Field maps or something that looks similar and spread the monsters out among them. Create maps with Melee/Ranged/Caster heavy spawns and put an MVP on each. The monsters still probably need to be tweaked and weakened a little, its pretty miserable trying to farm in there still right now.

I havent done Hazy since it was released, mostly because there's no reason to. It seemed fairly tough but there was no reason to do it over something like Nidhogg, Where you can finish it in <10mins and have a really high chance to get an end game piece of gear. Nid does have a longer lockout, but its not like anyone really cares about lockouts with how easy it is to level alts these days. When the new box system is complete you could look at adding Key/s to the loot table of the Hazy MVP or something, that would make it appealing for people to complete.

You could get away with making some Nightmare quality dungeons for a handful of dungeons fairly easily on Classic I think, you'd use those ghost monsters from the list compiled a while ago, just put an NPC that ports you to the harder map, scale each monsters health/skills with some tuning. It wouldnt work for all dungeons but it wouldnt be too difficult to look into.

While there are restrictions on exactly what can be achieved on Classic, it doesnt mean that there are not an ENORMOUS number of ideas that can be created or implemented. But until we know what kind of a direction the GMs want to go it's really pointless speculating.

#22 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

oh, ya, thanks for bringing it up themes! the hazy forest needs a rework a bit. i need top tier items and ranked slims well carefully gear switching to farm there. not worth the effort/zeny spent atm. altho i would like to farm cards from there..... just kinda not the most efficient use of my effort/time/zenny atm.

has anyone even confirmed that the "new cards" (a year old now) drop? have yet to meet a lucky player who owns one of the new cards.....

Edited by lxst, 28 May 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#23 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

No idea, there's no info available about what's actually in Classic anymore so I'm sure there's plenty of people who dont even know they exist. I havent heard of anyone getting them, but I also havent heard of many people even doing it because the quest is pretty -_-ty and there's no real reason to do it over Nidhogg or the first handful of ET floors.

#24 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

ya, same. i feel like there's a hand full of us who know. but none of us that do. could be a good market to corner if a lil group wanted to sit in there all day to corner it. you would prolly have to make the finished gear(like a +8 hmh w/ the priest card or something) and sell at insulting prices to get it going. prolly still wont pay for consumables in the end. 

i also noticed someone has been removing links to items and drop percentages in the classic database on iro wiki. even tho it was flawed before... 

combine that with some spawns being bugged or changed in classic (such as a mobster with no re-spawn cool-down,<New! double angeling deviling on juno field map, 20+ alice spawn in kiel factory 1,  lmao), and ya.... if you dont play all the time you just dont know......

Edited by lxst, 29 May 2017 - 11:25 AM.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

I don't know where you guys get the energy, I have so much I want to say about the state of classic, then I see how little attention the server is worthy of and just close the page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users