Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

https://www.youtube....JljuLW06M&t=28s

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a6JljuLW06M?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Guys! 

so I just did a 1-59 Fast run on ET, but cant seem to get through the doppel stage T_T

Any thoughts? tips?

it would be much apprciated! 

thank you! 

http://www.youtube.c...JljuLW06M&t=28s

#2 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

I'm not main gene player but some basic stuff that you can do is getting 120 dex and using temporal dex boots, i'm not sure but judging by your cast time it looks like you don't have it, and 50% cast reduction of acid bomb helps A LOT, you can also bring a friend ab to sacrament you, it will give you further fixed cast time reduction, also get more water resist gears AND waterproof potions, they help a lot, depending on your homun level you can also use it to tank the MvP, but even if your homun get one shotted you can still use that little bit of time he gives you without taking damage, you can even use him to take drake's waterball instead of you and then fast kill drake before the next waterball, this way you can die less times and save some tokens, about cenia, i can't give you much help with it cause i didn't played that much on my gene before abandoning him :heh: (but i think if you stack some neutral reduction and make sure to don't engage her with a lot of oher mobs it will help :heh:)

#3 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

u can try using pest card in ur armor..hit n run..or comodo armor for hard tank(but not sure good option since u using alice shield)..if u have pain killer will good..

#4 Tokken

Tokken

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

I would start off by saying that as long as you have 120 Dex and 100 Int base and with the right gears you should be able to get insta-cast cart cannon. You should not even have to bomb most if any of the mvps early on. I don't think i used bombs till like Fallen Bishop When I did my ET runs on Gene KVM was a must if I wanted to get past floor 60. Now with gears like Cylinder and Tengu Set this should be a cake walk.

Edited by Tokken, 25 May 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#5 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

yupz u need cylinder n also sapphire...
use water armor in tg n drake...LOL
just saw ur video...u really need better gear for pass floor 60...with out kvm u still can kill them...but kvm is best option since ppl make +14 up now

#6 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

I'm not kind of a ET person but i think i can help you with that.

If you have Homonculus S, please use  it so that it can help you a lot with your ET runs, since some boss are kind of painful.

and also, bring elemental armors.

If you can afford Cylinder headband, get one :) . but its a nice run xD (I can't do that alone, the last time I do ET run is when i'm in a party and we manage to get to Randgris. I can't kill her since my gene isn't that well geared)

#7 ThunderDragon

ThunderDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Server:Iris

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

White Lady - Get a sight clip so you don't have to wait
ESL - Make sure proper cannons are equipped

If cylinder is not an option from the price a +9 EMH is also good to increase bomb/CC dmg

But save up for a KVM mace and get it +9-10 at least for floor 60 (KVM will also help for when you get your gene 141+ for bio4 leveling), it will help just for the bypass and the chance to stun the mob when you CC

You can use deadly armor to stop stone curse and so you don't take too much dmg throughout since you're soloing and using tokens no need to worry about someone res'ing you (Just make sure to switch to the proper armor when dealing w/ other elements like amon w/ fire etc).

Water armor for TG and drake like others said, it'll make tanking the waterball so much easier and they're cheap from the OCP.

But not much we can go on for tips to help w/o knowing your current gears and budget that you can get.

Edited by ThunderDragon, 25 May 2017 - 03:23 PM.

#8 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Oh God. Im missing a lot of stuff.

First of all, thank you for all your insights and tips! And i apologize for getting back so late. (Was reading all your tips)

My current stats are:
Str - 70
Agi-1
Vit-40
Int-110
Dex-120
Luk-1

Cylinders are too pricey!! T.T any substitue for it? Was planning on getting an Evil marching hat. But i do have a crown of deceit of caster.
G.scaraba sapphire wrist.

#9 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

You can still insta cast without cylinder seeing that you have 110 int and 120 dex. just need a lot of gears that adds dex or int, eating foods might help. 

From irowiki: 

Some examples how all VCT could be reduced:

As for doppel and cenia stage, i would recommend that you take them individual. Use your homu to lure them a few at a time. Take them on 1 at a time. And I wear cranial instead of alice for that lvl (obvious reasons but sometimes ppl just forget to change).

#10 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:11 PM

Im the most noob on using Gene.
I have to level my homunc as well.

What homunc would you guys recommend?

Will try that as well! Thank you!

#11 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

I'm not main gene player but some basic stuff that you can do is getting 120 dex and using temporal dex boots, i'm not sure but judging by your cast time it looks like you don't have it, and 50% cast reduction of acid bomb helps A LOT, you can also bring a friend ab to sacrament you, it will give you further fixed cast time reduction, also get more water resist gears AND waterproof potions, they help a lot, depending on your homun level you can also use it to tank the MvP, but even if your homun get one shotted you can still use that little bit of time he gives you without taking damage, you can even use him to take drake's waterball instead of you and then fast kill drake before the next waterball, this way you can die less times and save some tokens, about cenia, i can't give you much help with it cause i didn't played that much on my gene before abandoning him :heh: (but i think if you stack some neutral reduction and make sure to don't engage her with a lot of oher mobs it will help :heh:)

Thanks for the tip!

#12 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

I'm not kind of a ET person but i think i can help you with that.

If you have Homonculus S, please use it so that it can help you a lot with your ET runs, since some boss are kind of painful.
and also, bring elemental armors.

If you can afford Cylinder headband, get one :) . but its a nice run xD (I can't do that alone, the last time I do ET run is when i'm in a party and we manage to get to Randgris. I can't kill her since my gene isn't that well geared)

Thank you! And lol! Thanks! Too bad disnt grt past doppel. Will try in a couple :)
And yeah elementals are helpful!

#13 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

just sell all of your costumes

#14 ThunderDragon

ThunderDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:26 PM

first you'll probably want to level up a bit more and increase your vit because 40 vit is super squishy, unless you're decked out in hp increase gears.

Homun:
Really depends on what you want to do and what your base homun is. The two that I would recommend which is also popular with all genes

Sera: Pain Killer - reduces damage taken off (SkillLevel*200)*(HomunculusLevel/150) upto a maximum of 1000. When you first get PK it'll basically take off ~800 damage from what's being dealt to you.

Dieter: Pyroclastic - Increases damage dealt to monsters (Homun_Level + (Skill level * 10)). Endows weapon with Fire property and at the end of the buff your weapon will break (except maces and axe)

Sera are squishier generally, while Dieters are a decent tank

Evil Marching Hat is a good substitute for Cylinder, I used a +9 EMH (Dark Ping) for a while before Cylinder or White Drooping Eddga came out.

#15 Samain1

Samain1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Server:Shaos

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

Dont bomb or CC on 60 lvl, use Fire Expansion, also dont even think of using alice on this floor, buy thara frog shield 

#16 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 26 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Gears please... just went through your video. 80k bombs o.O Show us ur gears please...

#17 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

first you'll probably want to level up a bit more and increase your vit because 40 vit is super squishy, unless you're decked out in hp increase gears.

Homun:
Really depends on what you want to do and what your base homun is. The two that I would recommend which is also popular with all genes

Sera: Pain Killer - reduces damage taken off (SkillLevel*200)*(HomunculusLevel/150) upto a maximum of 1000. When you first get PK it'll basically take off ~800 damage from what's being dealt to you.
Dieter: Pyroclastic - Increases damage dealt to monsters (Homun_Level + (Skill level * 10)). Endows weapon with Fire property and at the end of the buff your weapon will break (except maces and axe)

Sera are squishier generally, while Dieters are a decent tank

Evil Marching Hat is a good substitute for Cylinder, I used a +9 EMH (Dark Ping) for a while before Cylinder or White Drooping Eddga came out.

I see, i will keep that in mind! Dieter sounds pretty decent. And yeah, thats what i was thinking. Getting an emh, but would you recommend any mid gears?

#18 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

Dont bomb or CC on 60 lvl, use Fire Expansion, also dont even think of using alice on this floor, buy thara frog shield

Oh, good to know! But i do carry alice shield and a cranial shield as wells

#19 Tokken

Tokken

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:04 AM

Seeing how you don't have 120 str i would say use Polution Black Devil's Mask and Jinn Marin Balloon. Tengu Set if you have 120Str.

#20 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

Seeing how you don't have 120 str i would say use Polution Black Devil's Mask and Jinn Marin Balloon. Tengu Set if you have 120Str.

Hi! 

is 120 STR a must? sorry, i do not know a lot of builds on Gene's. 

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

its not

#22 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:21 AM

its not

hmm, then what do you suggest?

#23 Tokken

Tokken

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

Its not a must, however I am a fan of 120 str and 120dex but that is just me

#24 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

Its not a must, however I am a fan of 120 str and 120dex but that is just me

I see, 

so STR helps acid bomb and CC right? 

might do that. 

#25 ThunderDragon

ThunderDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Agreed for mid gear and lower, otherwise with lower you can always opt out for a toy syringe if you don't have that yet. Its a nice lower to help save zeny and increase how much each white slim heals you for.

I'm a fan of 120 dex/int, int also helps your bomb damage as well as helps your CC damage more so compared to str. This will also help you achieve instant cast CC w/o the use of a cylinder and without using any variable cast gears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users