30 replies to this topic

#1 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

So i recently came back and i been checking some of the gear thata re now and i check the ordinary hat the black cap combo ect.

a +9 moon rabbit gives 5% flat matk plus +9% extra matk ontop at +9 so its +14% global matk.why isnt used more widely and it uses only top too.what changed in the times XD

Edited by Darkshneider, 27 May 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#2 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

+1% per upgrade past +5, so +9 is 9% (unless wiki worded wrong).

#3 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

What are other really good headgears.i been updating my set (pumping a ton of matk and int) i do alot of damage but trying to see if updating headgear i can make more.ordinary price is hefty for me at least 250m for a +9 one is the magic defense ignore it gives more than the raw matk i got in my +9 moon rabbit? btw im using robo eye as mid ((2%)) and ninja scroll at lower  ((1%)) using a +12 sod spell 5 matk 2% uncarded so far so looking for a headgear that dosent require shield

Edited by Darkshneider, 28 May 2017 - 03:13 PM.

#4 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

Shield is big game changer for magic class since Nightmare Arclouse and Neo Punk cards introduced to this server, rendered 2-hand staves became far less useful than the 1 hand staves counterpart

I assume you're playing warlock if you're looking for OBMH, you can replace your SoD with high refine crimson rod/lacryma stick/Vicious mind rod with good enchants if you're 160 above.

with +9 OBMH you got 10% damage boost for CR, ES and JF (CL should've getting boost too but still bugged apparently) spells, 5% MATK Boost and 28% MDEF Piercing to All Monsters.

with Lacryma Stick+Pororoca shoes combo you'll get 78% MDEF piercing on all monsters, if wearing proper shield card combo mentioned above you get 128% MDEF Pierce on Undead and Brute or Demon and Formless races.

#5 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

Shield is big game changer for magic class since Nightmare Arclouse and Neo Punk cards introduced to this server, rendered 2-hand staves became far less useful than the 1 hand staves counterpart

I assume you're playing warlock if you're looking for OBMH, you can replace your SoD with high refine crimson rod/lacryma stick/Vicious mind rod with good enchants if you're 160 above.

with +9 OBMH you got 10% damage boost for CR, ES and JF (CL should've getting boost too but still bugged apparently) spells, 5% MATK Boost and 28% MDEF Piercing to All Monsters.

with Lacryma Stick+Pororoca shoes combo you'll get 78% MDEF piercing on all monsters, if wearing proper shield card combo mentioned above you get 128% MDEF Pierce on Undead and Brute or Demon and Formless races.

Good info :D so the obmh would be better than the matk % of a moon rabbit of equal +? cause of the piercing?

#6 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

if you often use the mentioned boosted spells, yes

and facing monsters with moderate to high mdef especially monsters at higher levels and MVPs

#7 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:39 PM

if you often use the mentioned boosted spells, yes

and facing monsters with moderate to high mdef especially monsters at higher levels and MVPs

Thanks alot.might have to use those 250m Xd thats 80% of my cash.but wort i guess!

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

How to get this hat? Only from vendors?

#9 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

Quest rewards from a long time ago before the new chaos merge probably  :wah:

#10 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

I bought it on 2013 and its price was decently high back then.i think they were from an previous event.i been around for a long time ((my account in chaos is atleast)) but i taken long breaks.played abt 2 years when the game started,then took a 3 year break,then came back a few months then another year break ect ect.last time i rly played seriously was in 2013 which was when i got most of my current gear ((exept the +12 sod,i had a +9)).I read theres some gloves that will come out that eat mdef,so I'm sticking with the sod for now and wait and see.The ordinary hat got sold and there is one for 270m.i can afford it but its almost all my money I was alredy having doubts at 250m xD so I haven't bought it yet and still using the +9 moon rabbit ((with isilla card,always liked it procs alot))

#11 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

I bought it on 2013 and its price was decently high back then.i think they were from an previous event.i been around for a long time ((my account in chaos is atleast)) but i taken long breaks.played abt 2 years when the game started,then took a 3 year break,then came back a few months then another year break ect ect.last time i rly played seriously was in 2013 which was when i got most of my current gear ((exept the +12 sod,i had a +9)).I read theres some gloves that will come out that eat mdef,so I'm sticking with the sod for now and wait and see.The ordinary hat got sold and there is one for 270m.i can afford it but its almost all my money I was alredy having doubts at 250m xD so I haven't bought it yet and still using the +9 moon rabbit ((with isilla card,always liked it procs alot))

Those Gloves came out recently on jRO, so some people have been asking for them here.

If or when we get them is totally unknows, so I would not count on them.

Stuff you can count on would be (yes, I know I'm repeating some stuff here :u):

WL got pretty strong with the addition of Nightmare Ancient Mummy Card (garment), as well as Big Ben + Neo Punk and Nightmare Mimic + Nightmare Arclouze (weapon+shield card combos).

Pororoca Shoes + La'Cryma Stick is also a pretty sweet combo and with the above mentioned weapon + shield cards allows you to bypass mdef of Brute, Demon, Formless and Undead monsters completely.

The Pororoca combo also actually makes Waterball viable, because you can just put down your own Deluge on top of it getting a big damage boost!

There have also been a few new headgears (like Celine's Ribbon) that give a lot of MAtk and can surpass OBMH in certain situations.

=> Gearing a Warlock has become a game of balancing MAtk, elemental boosts and MDef penetration, as no gear set is always the best.

Thanks to the recently introduced 16.1 update we'll also be seeing the first Flattering Robes soon. They cost 1200 Honor Tokens to make and can be enchanted.

The Honor Tokens are rewards for doing the 16.1 daylies.

The WL wiki page is updated now, too. So go take a look at it's gear section for some more ideas about what to get. :)

Edited by kubikyuu, 28 May 2017 - 10:38 PM.

#12 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Those Gloves came out recently on jRO, so some people have been asking for them here.

If or when we get them is totally unknows, so I would not count on them.

Stuff you can count on would be (yes, I know I'm repeating some stuff here :u):

WL got pretty strong with the addition of Nightmare Ancient Mummy Card (garment), as well as Big Ben + Neo Punk and Nightmare Mimic + Nightmare Arclouze (weapon+shield card combos).

Pororoca Shoes + La'Cryma Stick is also a pretty sweet combo and with the above mentioned weapon + shield cards allows you to bypass mdef of Brute, Demon, Formless and Undead monsters completely.

The Pororoca combo also actually makes Waterball viable, because you can just put down your own Deluge on top of it getting a big damage boost!

There have also been a few new headgears (like Celine's Ribbon) that give a lot of MAtk and can surpass OBMH in certain situations.

=> Gearing a Warlock has become a game of balancing MAtk, elemental boosts and MDef penetration, as no gear set is always the best.

Thanks to the recently introduced 16.1 update we'll also be seeing the first Flattering Robes soon. They cost 1200 Honor Tokens to make and can be enchanted.

The Honor Tokens are rewards for doing the 16.1 daylies.

The WL wiki page is updated now, too. So go take a look at it's gear section for some more ideas about what to get. :)

Whats the matk per upgrade on celines ribbon? does it count more than the flat % youd get by the mentioned moon rabbit? since I haven't spent the money yet I'm weighting all the options if to get the obhm or this.Thank you for your time for answering this

Edited by Darkshneider, 29 May 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#13 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

Whats the matk per upgrade on celines ribbon? does it count more than the flat % youd get by the mentioned moon rabbit? since I haven't spent the money yet I'm weighting all the options if to get the obhm or this

+9 Celine Ribbon without Spell enchant gives me 103 MAtk.

Keep in mind that what is best depends on how much MAtk you have, how much MDef pierce you have (more than 100% pierce does not make any sense), how much MDef the mob has (lower MDef = less pierce needed) and what spells you use.

#14 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Whats the matk per upgrade on celines ribbon? does it count more than the flat % youd get by the mentioned moon rabbit? since I haven't spent the money yet I'm weighting all the options if to get the obhm or this.Thank you for your time for answering this

It's 40 base MATK + 7 MATK per upgrade.

#15 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

+9 Celine Ribbon without Spell enchant gives me 103 MAtk.

Keep in mind that what is best depends on how much MAtk you have, how much MDef pierce you have (more than 100% pierce does not make any sense), how much MDef the mob has (lower MDef = less pierce needed) and what spells you use.

If you want we can meet up in game and i can lend you my hat and you test both and compare w ur celine.for science?

since matk% isn't displayed on sheet makes things confusing to figure out sometimes

Edited by Darkshneider, 29 May 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#16 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:56 PM

I made a spreadsheet which calculates it... the problem is that I keep it only at work. I bought a +8 MRH recently, and now I regret it. XD At least it was cheap.

So, with my setup, a +9 Celine's Ribbon is better than a +9 MRH by a ~5% margin, not counting the fact that Celine's Ribbon can be enchanted with Spell 3~6. I managed to make 2 +9 Lush Roses this event, I'll try to make a Spell something Celine's Ribbon.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 29 May 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#17 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

I made a spreadsheet which calculates it... the problem is that I keep it only at work. I bought a +8 MRH recently, and now I regret it. XD At least it was cheap.

So, with my setup, a +9 Celine's Ribbon is better than a +9 MRH by a ~5% margin, not counting the fact that Celine's Ribbon can be enchanted with Spell 3~6. I managed to make 2 +9 Lush Roses this event, I'll try to make a Spell something Celine's Ribbon.

Thanks so much for the input.I bet between the celine and the ordinady hat  the ordinary comes out on top right?

Ifound this forum discussion very enjoyable.something rare these days in mmorpg forums XD  DataDrain kubikyuu Kusanagisama thanks so much for chiming in.i was an avid wiz/warlock player I'm just very behind the times XD my wizard was made when there wasent even a wizard test at al and was of the first 99's and such.my char is 15 years old ish around.and I come in and out play for a year or two then take a break.I took a very extended break from 2006 to 2012 then played till end of 2013 and came back now.ima stay now and cap my warlock and such. this is my ropd thingy http://ropd.info/?account=604647 .I don't have as much as people that have had accounts for 1/15th the time iv had it but that's ok i guess XD.

I might be asking stuff every now and then cause loved talking w u guys a lot XD.making mage forums livelier!

#18 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

OBMH is on top of every other hat right now for:

- Heavy Crimson Rock or Earth Strain usage;

- Whenever you don't/can't use 100% MDEF bypass combo;

Else, it looks like Celine's Ribbon or Zaha Doll Hat (Magical version of Eddga hat) is on top. Zaha Doll depends on proc to activate a huge MATK boost (+30 per upgrade) with a small but decent FCT reduction (I don't remember right now).

#19 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

Btw for comparison:
I tested a +9 Skull Cap (Tikbalang) vs. +9 Celine Ribbon (clean) with my 118 Sorc's Psychic Wave in Juperos (Venatus have 15~20 Mdef) for a guildie yesterday.

Using a +13 Crimson Rod (Big Ben + Cobalt Mineral):

Celine Ribbon: 7.5k~8.5k PWave hits

+9 Skull Cap: 7k~8k PWave hits

Using a +12 TSOD Spell 4/5 together with the Skull Cap the damage became even lower (5.8k min hit, don't remember the max exactely, something around 7.8k?).

Should yield similar results for a WL.

Keep in mind that the Celine was clean, noit enchanted with Spell and can be upgraded to get even stronger.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:13 AM

high upgraded rwc pin is like, the 3rd best hat, losing to OBMH(depending on situation) and zaha (but is consistent at least). +12 is 14% matk, wich can get another 6% if using the unslotted pendant, and another 7% from the pendant effects.

#21 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

k so to not create a new thread i'll just use this one, now that we can way more easily get 100 mdef since the gloves were already implemented, that means we can free the top slot for more things than OBMH, for SE spamming on those Demon/Formless/Brute/Undead monsters that we can easily get 100% piercing what could be the best hat to go with? Before the implementation of Gloves it was like this according to this thread:

1- OBMH (Mdef piercing)

2- Zaha (Procced)

3- RWC Pin

Now that we actually have the gloves and we don't need that mdef piercing that badly the use of Moon Rabbit Hat that is a easy way to obtain a high % matk modifier and pretty cheap if you ask me can be considered once more or it's still a big lost compared to the other hats?

This question surged cause a friend has a +12 Moon Rabbit Hat available for selling and that's 12% matk which could be cool to use since i'm sure it will be cheaper than getting a +12 rwc pin

#22 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

+12 moon rabbit that is indeed quite nice and affordable way of getting high matk% on hat

I used a +9 for the longest time and it worked wonders for me only reason I switched it out its cause obmh had piercing and since I'm using 2 handed setups most of the time its my default go to.

Looking to buy/trade for a +12 obmh any kind if anyone sells 

Edited by Darkshneider, 15 July 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

dont forget tham obmh doesnt give just mdef pen, it gives matk% and skill% damage as well

#24 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

So the +12 moon rabbit hat is a decent enough alternative to rwc pin being it more cheaper right?
I had seen some people saying that the effect wasn't working, so was also curious about this. The boost at +12 would be 12% matk right?

#25 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

OBMH is still the best hat to put a Red or Green Lichtern card. If they ever fix CL effect, Tikbalang as well. MRH might me a good cheap alternative, but all of these hats need high upgrade to be worth the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users