My mercenary seems to be kill stealing... - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

My mercenary seems to be kill stealing...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

And I'm not sure how to stop it :/

First time ever using one and decided to afk a bit in Lasagna but it seems to be KSing everything in sight which is

not very polite...

Switched it to custom AI which, based on the AI folder seems to be AzzyAI. Used the config tool to set it to NEVER KS but it still 

seems to be doing it.

Or maybe it's because they all seem to be acolyte bots and they don't actually initiate attack until they are next to the mob, unlike

real players?

Or did I miss something to make it stop?

#2 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

maybe your mercenary and another player attacked at the same time but the mercenary counted it as he's the first one to attack it. it's not kill steal 

#3 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

It is mostly what you said yeah, they end up going for the same target but my mercenary attacks first.

Hmm, maybe the game is just too limited to avoid what I would consider kill stealing?

I was expecting it to not even consider targeting a monster that is currently locked on by someone else.

That's what I was used to on Lineage II when dealing with bots, they would drop target the moment it was registered as locked on by someone else.

Even if they had locked on it first but had not hit it yet.

I was expecting the AI to react the same way, but I guess it can't even do that here?

I feel kinda bad honestly. It's murdering everything before anyone even gets close lol  :p_laugh:

#4 sunnydoll

sunnydoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

When did they begin automatical killing passive mobs? As far as I remember they won't do this before lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users