[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 - Page 5 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#101 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

@wadoichimonji

Go follow the link here

http://www.nirsoft.n...creen_view.html

And post the screen shot of the Errors codes the application finds.

@Rehgai

Try running the application as an Administrator. Right click on the application and it should offer to be run as an administrator.

How to set the Application to always run as an Administrator

@ Mutaroo To clarify that's RO2 Legend of the Second?

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 19 January 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#102 PinkRose

PinkRose

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

( failed to connect to server ) always when i try to log in. did my ip adress block?

I have the exact same problem can anyone help me out please??

#103 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

@Urahara
Thanks, i'll downloaf the program and post it soon after i able touch my laptop. Now i'm in the middle of nowhere and without internet connection except for my phone :D

#104 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

lol, Best of luck

#105 Kratosswe

Kratosswe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hi i have a problem with my new Windows 8 pc, i cant choose the screen size, and everytime I start the game the setup opens and doesnt give me any choise for the screen size</p>

Hi i got the same problem, Hope we get answers." (This is only a Renewal client prob for me, Classic works normal)

Edited by Kratosswe, 23 January 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#106 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hi i got the same problem, Hope we get answers." (This is only a Renewal client prob for me, Classic works normal)

Common issue, try running both game client and setup in Windows 7 Compatibility mode (and failing that, try other compatibility modes)

#107 Lucaniato

Lucaniato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Whenever I tried to install the game, it takes about 30 minutes for the installation to start but after 20 minutes of no progress it says that the installation has been interrupted.

I have the same error, running it on windows XP. If someone could please address this...

#108 Lucaniato

Lucaniato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

bump, correction, i'm running vista home premium but could seriously use some help here. i've been searching all day and no one has any answer as to how to fix the interrupt issue.

#109 Lucaniato

Lucaniato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

Not sure if this worked completely but i tried installing again, set the folder to something outside of program files like my own personal folder and it went through. I'll keep posted on if it stays working

#110 Kratosswe

Kratosswe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Common issue, try running both game client and setup in Windows 7 Compatibility mode (and failing that, try other compatibility modes)

Thanks, i run the setup in Comp.Mode and then it worked. still the Login aint keeping my Username, but i guess you cant have it all.. thx again.

#111 Lorderagon

Lorderagon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I have the exact same problem can anyone help me out please??

-Have you tried using the tool "Solve a problem" of Windows 8?

How to use it?
It's easy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Go to your ro client and chose "ragnarok.exe" or "ClassicRO.exe", this should fix the issue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-It can be an issue because of the firewall of your antivirus or from the OS
-Also you should try resetting your Router...

Hope this can fix the issue for Windows 8 "Failed to connect to server".

Edited by Lorderagon, 30 January 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#112 ApplexJuice

ApplexJuice

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hi i am using windows vista and I downloaded the game it works but my Classic RO wont work. It opens and I hear the music but this really small program opens and i see some writing like you would before login.

#113 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Run classic setup in your RO folder as admin and set an appropriate resolution

#114 ApplexJuice

ApplexJuice

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Thanks

#115 elovers

elovers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDepok, Indonesia

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Hi everyone.. :p_smile:
First of all i've played IRO on Linux Ubuntu 12.04 using Wine Application. The game play is very smooth, no problem at all, except it eats a huge chunk of resources because it run trough emulation process.
Recently i installed Windows 8 64 bit on my laptop, then i got an idea "Why don't you play IRO in Windows rather than in Ubuntu?, it is a Windows native game actually."
So then i just copy Gravity folder in my Ubuntu then pasted it on Program Files (X86) directory on Windows 8. Aaaand whalaa, there is no problem at all, nope on the set up or the resolution. Then i start the game, here comes the problem, the game play is very laggy compared to the game play on Ubuntu. I've try run it on Windows XP SP 3 Compatibility Mode but no change.
Any suggestions?

:thx:

#116 oOoYingoOo

oOoYingoOo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hello, I'm new. I cannot download the game. All I can get is a 1KB game pack, I don't understand why. Please help me >.<

#117 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hello, I'm new. I cannot download the game. All I can get is a 1KB game pack, I don't understand why. Please help me >.<

What's a "game pack"?

You can download the client from my mirror.

Out of interest, which country do you live in? I'm wondering whether the IRO web site blocks users in certain countries from downloading the client.

#118 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAscoli Piceno, Italy
  • Server:Chaos renewal

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

Hi everibody, i've a problem with starting Ragnarok online. I've tried with 14.1.3, downloading from warpportal twice, but the error remains. When the installation finished apparently the game works, but when i go to start it, it says that "C:/Windows/sysem32/DINPUT.DLL is not intended for use with Windows or contains an error. Try reinstalling the program from the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor."
I've tried 3 times with the old version 13.2.2-FullIsntall-20110421-1717.msi and twice with 14.1.3-FullInstall 20121031.msi, always from playragnarok.com (obviously WarpPortal).
I've WIndows 7 ultimate 64 bit dual core and i don't leave this beautiful game for this fool errors.
Can anyone help me for this?
Greetings advance.

#119 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hi everibody, i've a problem with starting Ragnarok online. I've tried with 14.1.3, downloading from warpportal twice, but the error remains. When the installation finished apparently the game works, but when i go to start it, it says that "C:/Windows/sysem32/DINPUT.DLL is not intended for use with Windows or contains an error. Try reinstalling the program from the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor."
I've tried 3 times with the old version 13.2.2-FullIsntall-20110421-1717.msi and twice with 14.1.3-FullInstall 20121031.msi, always from playragnarok.com (obviously WarpPortal).
I've WIndows 7 ultimate 64 bit dual core and i don't leave this beautiful game for this fool errors.
Can anyone help me for this?
Greetings advance.

What the hell? :blink:

Is there a DLL file in your client folder named dinput.dll? If so, try disabling the DLL by renaming it. Do not rename the file in your system32 folder that has the same name.

#120 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Um, actually there is no such file in the folder of "Ragnarok Online" but every time I reinstall always gave me a different error, now this "dinput.dll" is not, in previous installations, yes, but always gave me program error 0xc000007b ... I do not know what to think.

#121 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

Um, actually there is no such file in the folder of "Ragnarok Online" but every time I reinstall always gave me a different error, now this "dinput.dll" is not, in previous installations, yes, but always gave me program error 0xc000007b ... I do not know what to think.

Perhaps your DirectX installation is corrupted. Try this.

#122 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

Ok, now I try this, but until 2 months ago it works perfectly, now in this few days all this problem come out.

#123 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

I tried this and all files are ok. is there anything else i can do?

#124 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

I tried this and all files are ok. is there anything else i can do?

Do you encounter similar problems while using other applications (especially games)?

Does the DirectX Diagnostic Tool detect any problems?

Edited by Axylus, 10 April 2013 - 04:11 AM.

#125 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

Is t probably that i've DiretcX 11, and my pc doesn't support a game older than directx 11? Because now i just check this and only with Ragnarok happened this. Only with RO (I've dead space 3, the last tomb raider, Need for speed Hot pursuit the latest version, NBA 2k13 and none of them is giving me error). What can I do in order to avoid downgrading my directx from 11 to 8?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users