[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 - Page 6 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#126 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Is t probably that i've DiretcX 11, and my pc doesn't support a game older than directx 11? Because now i just check this and only with Ragnarok happened this. Only with RO (I've dead space 3, the last tomb raider, Need for speed Hot pursuit the latest version, NBA 2k13 and none of them is giving me error). What can I do in order to avoid downgrading my directx from 11 to 8?

No, DirectX is backwards-compatible with previous versions.

Try reinstalling the Visual C++ 2008 run-time library.

#127 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationAscoli Piceno, Italy
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos renewal

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

Well, i don't know but i've two type of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (one v 9.0.30729.17 and the other one v 9.0.30729.6161). the last one which I have downloaded it's only v 9.0.30729. How do i do, unistalling the first ones (9.0.30729.17 and 9.0.30729.6161) and it stays the last one or now i try with all three packages installed?

#128 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well, i don't know but i've two type of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (one v 9.0.30729.17 and the other one v 9.0.30729.6161). the last one which I have downloaded it's only v 9.0.30729. How do i do, unistalling the first ones (9.0.30729.17 and 9.0.30729.6161) and it stays the last one or now i try with all three packages installed?

I wouldn't recommend uninstalling any of them.

#129 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Nothing, the same thing, same errors. Do you want any file tha it may be useful in order to know the situation in my pc? Is the same thing the installer 13.2.2 and the 14.1.3? Both files is linked by the same server which they download the same patch, I believe in that, maybe i'm in wrong, sure. I'm a desperate terminal case :sob: :sob: :sob:

#130 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Nothing, the same thing, same errors. Do you want any file tha it may be useful in order to know the situation in my pc? Is the same thing the installer 13.2.2 and the 14.1.3? Both files is linked by the same server which they download the same patch, I believe in that, maybe i'm in wrong, sure. I'm a desperate terminal case :sob: :sob: :sob:

I can try to fix the problem through TeamViewer if you want. See the private message that I've just sent you.

Edit: For the benefit of others, the problem that Claude7 was experiencing was a result of his hard disc drive having a mechanical fault.

Edited by Axylus, 13 April 2013 - 02:41 AM.

#131 Claude7

Claude7

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

Yeah, Thanks to Axylus that he helps me in this strange experience: without him i can't now to play Ragnarok Online again.
Thanks Axylus,you're the best!!

#132 Erikalas

Erikalas

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

hi there i played ragnarok awhile back and decided to check out this server upon downloading the client and trying all the potential compatibility issues, the client has patched completely and it opens fine i get to the server screen i only see 2 servers, and when i try to connect it says unable to connect to server. I know there must be something im missing. The Ragnarok classic wont even open it just puts a small window at the top of my desktop screen and has a single line of text in it the Ragnarok version only gets to the servers and then as i said it wont connect ...

id really like to get to enjoy the game again if you have any suggestions. ill keep an eye out for responses.

#133 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

hi there i played ragnarok awhile back and decided to check out this server upon downloading the client and trying all the potential compatibility issues, the client has patched completely and it opens fine i get to the server screen i only see 2 servers, and when i try to connect it says unable to connect to server. I know there must be something im missing. The Ragnarok classic wont even open it just puts a small window at the top of my desktop screen and has a single line of text in it the Ragnarok version only gets to the servers and then as i said it wont connect ...

id really like to get to enjoy the game again if you have any suggestions. ill keep an eye out for responses.

Please test whether you can connect to the IRO log-in server using Telnet.

#134 Erikalas

Erikalas

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

tested the telnet connection it said the connection failed on port 6900 , ive unblocked all ports listed as necessary and still the connection to port 6900 is failing and i still am not able to connect to the servers

#135 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

tested the telnet connection it said the connection failed on port 6900 , ive unblocked all ports listed as necessary and still the connection to port 6900 is failing and i still am not able to connect to the servers

Some device or application between your computer and Gravity's servers is blocking the connection attempts. Where are you trying to connect from?

#136 itsmo

itsmo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

hi guys i need help im not a computer genius really but i love playing MMORPG anyway my problem is this i've just dowloaded ragnarok online from warpportal after i was done downloading i opened the patch client the ragnarok icon on my desktop it started updating i think because i saw something like getting 2012 11 10 bla bla bla..after it i clicked start the setup then opened after i've chosen my setup i click save as but the setup icon won't close and even if i click exit the same. i really dont know what to do i wasn't even able to right my username password i am stuck with this setup problem the game wont open.. :(

#137 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

hi guys i need help im not a computer genius really but i love playing MMORPG anyway my problem is this i've just dowloaded ragnarok online from warpportal after i was done downloading i opened the patch client the ragnarok icon on my desktop it started updating i think because i saw something like getting 2012 11 10 bla bla bla..after it i clicked start the setup then opened after i've chosen my setup i click save as but the setup icon won't close and even if i click exit the same. i really dont know what to do i wasn't even able to right my username password i am stuck with this setup problem the game wont open.. :(

See this post.

#138 ikkileo

ikkileo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hi, my issue is not a lag based issue, but a framerate one, no matter  which server i go on(valkery or EsenceRO) the low framerate persists. it's the game client is having seizures at some point.

System specs:
Win 7
i7 2Ghz
nvidia geforce GT540M 2GB

I would appreciate the help.

Edited by ikkileo, 02 May 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#139 Kino007

Kino007

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

hi everybody
a need some help too

i play on Vista HP pavillion ( notebook)
the game work... but i don't know why.... 20-25 or more minuter later my Pc Crash >_<
why ?

#140 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

There is a compatibility problem with Windows 8 that causes the "graphic setting" and "screen size" fields to be broken in the configurator (Setup.exe). At least two people have reported that this problem can be resolved by completing the following procedure:
  • Navigate to your client folder in File Explorer.
  • Right-click the file Setup.exe and then choose "troubleshoot compatibility".
  • Choose "try recommended settings".
  • Press "test the program".
  • The Renewal version of the Ragnarök Online client's configurator will be opened. Customise the "graphic setting" and "screen size" fields according to your preferences and then press "OK".
  • Press "next".
  • Press "yes, save these settings for this program".

Edited by Axylus, 23 September 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#141 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

hi everybody
a need some help too

i play on Vista HP pavillion ( notebook)
the game work... but i don't know why.... 20-25 or more minuter later my Pc Crash >_<
why ?

I'd wager money that your computer is overheating. RO is very good at making computers overheat, and that matches the behavior you describe - it works at first, and then after 20-25 minutes it's gotten hot enough that the system is no longer stable and crashes. And your computer is a laptop (so heat management is harder), it came with vista, so it's had a few years to clog itself up with dust (when was the last time you cleaned it?), and it's made by HP (shoddy brand).

Get one of those air duster cans (you can even get em at CVS now I think - they're everywhere now) and, holding the can upright, alternately spray air into air intake and exhaust until no more dust comes out. This should be repeated every 2-3 months or as needed - some laptops I've owned needed to be dusted monthly to prevent overheating while running RO and crashes while playing HD video.

#142 Lenaru

Lenaru

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hi, want to know if someone can help me :wah:
I've been trying to install the game for over 2 days, and always happened the same

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor" :wall:

I don't know what to do, I can't run it like dministrator, don't know why, and also the compatibility don't work
I use w7 starter 32 bit SP1(yeah, so lame :p_err: ), DirectX 11, ,sistem in spanish language (affect :questionmark:)
Please, help~~~~~~ :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Edited by Lenaru, 22 May 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#143 Ikotsu

Ikotsu

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Well I'm having an issue trying to start Ragnarok. I've installed and patched everything successfully but once I try to hit okay and save the changes on the 'Ragnarok Startup' window it just reappears. Everytime I try to cancel or End Task in Task Manager, it reappears. I'm totally lost on what I had done incorrectly. Windows 8

#144 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well I'm having an issue trying to start Ragnarok. I've installed and patched everything successfully but once I try to hit okay and save the changes on the 'Ragnarok Startup' window it just reappears. Everytime I try to cancel or End Task in Task Manager, it reappears. I'm totally lost on what I had done incorrectly. Windows 8

See this post.

#145 itsmo

itsmo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

guys got a new problem..after the last maintenance 06/06/13 everything was fine until last night i was vending at prontera then i went to sleep when i woke up this morning i found my Ragnarok was closed with an error message sprite something dont know..i don't know if i have missed something that my rag.exe didn't get the last time i patched my ragnarok..anyway dunno what to do..and sorry for my bad english..
P.S. the main problem is that there's an error message that say sprite something..maybe the last time i've pathed my ragnarok it missed something anyway when i open my ragnarok it's okay but i'm just afraid that maybe some new items or skills is the problem maybe my ragnarok haven't installed properly after the last maintenance

#146 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

guys got a new problem..after the last maintenance 06/06/13 everything was fine until last night i was vending at prontera then i went to sleep when i woke up this morning i found my Ragnarok was closed with an error message sprite something dont know..i don't know if i have missed something that my rag.exe didn't get the last time i patched my ragnarok..anyway dunno what to do..and sorry for my bad english..
P.S. the main problem is that there's an error message that say sprite something..maybe the last time i've pathed my ragnarok it missed something anyway when i open my ragnarok it's okay but i'm just afraid that maybe some new items or skills is the problem maybe my ragnarok haven't installed properly after the last maintenance

Try the following:

• Close any and all open clients.
  • Download this file.
  • Navigate to your client folder in Windows Explorer.
  • Replace the file patch.inf with the version you downloaded in step 2.
  • Open the Renewal client.

#147 Icanty

Icanty

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

hey guys I just download reagnarok online im using a windows 8 computer with a big screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) when I ran the setup the first dropbox is not empty but the second dropbox is empty. ANd whenvever I play the game I have a really tiny screen resolution what do I do? also whats causing all these problems

#148 Jazza93

Jazza93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

hey guys I have bought a brand new laptop 4days ago on Thursday 6th of june, witch then I downloaded and installed ragnarok, from then I havn't been able 2 acsess the game because after log in it comes up with failed 2 connect 2 server, but I no its not a internet connection problem because the same message comes up when im at my girlfriends house, and I can also play ragnarok fine on my house computer, (On the same internet) I have tried running as admin many times, and changed the compatability with windows 7 ,windows xp, and so on and still no luck, is this problem something that will resolve its self over time? or do I need 2 keep tryin, if so does anybody no how I can fix this problem It has been 4days since I bought this laptop and stil cant get on :(

#149 Yomihime

Yomihime

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • LocationWandering aimlessly in Ragnarok universe
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

With Windows 8, sometimes I got stuck on loading screen whenever I want to go to eden group including 2nd floor. With Vista or 7, I never encounter such problem. Why can this happen and is there any solution for this?

#150 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

With Windows 8, sometimes I got stuck on loading screen whenever I want to go to eden group including 2nd floor. With Vista or 7, I never encounter such problem. Why can this happen and is there any solution for this?

Are you running the client in full-screen mode? The client doesn't work correctly when run in full-screen mode on Windows 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users