Please don't nerf Evil Dragon Armor - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please don't nerf Evil Dragon Armor

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:43 AM

quad slotted. they fused a MG into it.

I'm considering buying one to replace RWH/Nyd garb for a couple of chars, I don't have anything that needs more SP than what RWH+Nyd does, and EDA restores approx. the same as those two combined.

A +10 EDA will heal around 39% more SP than the RWH+Nyd combo. It will heal 55% less HP, though.

#27 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

What says that this armor will get a change anyway?

#28 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:17 AM

The fact that it cancels the effects of those other items on jRO, the server we got it from. It currently is not working as originally intended.

#29 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

most of OCP items came with incorrect/incomplete effect actually

#30 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

Right now the EDA effect doesn't work as how it was intended by jRO.

All OCP defective gears re-compiled by Nirvanna in his recent thread should get immediate fix, otherwise WP would lose more credibility by selling new defective gears in the future without fixing the long list of preceeding defective gears sold to their customers :heh:

#31 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

Right now the EDA effect doesn't work as how it was intended by jRO.

All OCP defective gears re-compiled by Nirvanna in his recent thread should get immediate fix, otherwise WP would lose more credibility by selling new defective gears in the future without fixing the long list of preceeding defective gears sold to their customers :heh:

You cant lose what you dont have. I think we have passed that bridge a while ago.

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:54 AM

WP doesn't have to fix -_-. This is a test to find out who the true loyal customers are. If we love WP, we will always stick around lel

#33 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:58 AM

It's always like that,they don't fix important stuff,skill bugs,they don't fix the WoE/PvP and they don't fix old gears.

But hey,according to some people,it's ''fair'' to nerf(yes,it's a nerf,not a damn fix) cash shop gears. That's why this game keep losing the playerbase,you invest a lot of irl money(cause it's impossible to upgrade gears in this game without cash shop) or in-game money to see all of your effort/money going to the trash due to x,y reasons.

Why they don't leave stuff like that? It's not game breaking at all.

I'm not surprised,Afterall, it's nothing new,they listen 1~4 players and ignore the rest.

#34 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

You cant lose what you dont have. I think we have passed that bridge a while ago.

Edited : I think I misunderstood what you're saying before. If it's WP's non-existent credibility in old player base eyes I couldn't provide further comments because I'm not one of them that were considered as long time player in iRO :heh: .

Edited by DataDrain, 31 May 2017 - 07:11 AM.

#35 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:07 AM

i'm fine with the fix

just get a

[item=18752]

or

[item=18955]

#36 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:08 AM

I still owned 3 +10 copies of EDA armor, and I didn't mind if it will be fixed.

sold 5 lesser refine copies some months ago :p_smile:

The point is we already know how that items should function before buying it, otherwise it's a big scam to the buyer.

I meant their credibility. I dont think anyone sees iRO as having credibility.

#37 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:12 AM

It's highly unlikely to have EDA's price drop drastically as its price is mainly limited by supply from the cash shop.

#38 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

and it's core effect that ppl seek for remains unchanged: the huge sp leech

#39 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

EDA seems strong enough without being combined with other leech gear, true. However it would just be bad business to advertise an item with mechanics that are well known to have synergy together, then change the mechanics after the fact; after people invested heavily in it because of its obvious benefits.

The SP regen to this degree is definitely unprecedented, but pretty much everything in OCP is best in slot right now. At least to the average player.

Leech builds help with RO's general failure in healing balance / mechanics. Spamming pots is probably cheaper than leeching HP / SP, unless you get super long-term. But I can't think of another game that makes you spam recovery items the same way. As Ash said before, leeching HP / SP to stay alive is already at a place where you don't need many consumables already, I don't see the way the item is now hurting PvP, or MvPing, just makes casual grinding better.

Idk, could go either way.

#40 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

EDA seems strong enough without being combined with other leech gear, true. However it would just be bad business to advertise an item with mechanics that are well known to have synergy together, then change the mechanics after the fact; after people invested heavily in it because of its obvious benefits.

The SP regen to this degree is definitely unprecedented, but pretty much everything in OCP is best in slot right now. At least to the average player.

Leech builds help with RO's general failure in healing balance / mechanics. Spamming pots is probably cheaper than leeching HP / SP, unless you get super long-term. But I can't think of another game that makes you spam recovery items the same way. As Ash said before, leeching HP / SP to stay alive is already at a place where you don't need many consumables already, I don't see the way the item is now hurting PvP, or MvPing, just makes casual grinding better.

Idk, could go either way.

Not to play devils advocate but if sone more powerful core heal increasing gears came at least the FS healers gain a better edge.

#41 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

I will support miss marty cause for flooding this server with new healing boost imported stuff from land of jolly  :heh: 

#42 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:40 PM

Go and make a hibryd AB... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users