Showcasing video guides for new players - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Showcasing video guides for new players

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

I was wondering if the GMs would showcase new player guide videos, not only in forums under guides but with direct links from the front page. I know there are some in the community that would gladly make video guides, and a few videos could be showcased on different strategies new players could take to level and make money, both with and without vip.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

GM sucks at making attractive vidz, just saying. If they are great, we will have so many catchy iRo video advertisement already.

#3 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:43 AM

Yeah, this is why the community should make the videos, this is mainly for guides.

For advertising, the GMs could have an event that rewards players items or warp portal energy in a contest for high quality advertising videos, but the company does need to invest and have those videos displayed more widely.

#4 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:54 AM

I wish Munbalanced played on iRO.

#5 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

I wish Munbalanced played on iRO.

What's up, guys, it's Munbalanced. :heh:

But he won't, because... Rangers. :heh:

Edited by Kusanagisama, 06 June 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#6 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:03 AM

...and OCP and unbalanced gear and op gear and stuff hahahahaha

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:08 AM

i've considered making a series of commented videos already of every instance of the game, showing how to aproach it,- requirements, tips and cheese methods. But then i remember i have a -_-ty mic, am too lazy to revert my jRO sprites, and dont have much free time in general to spend the little i have doing these :v

#8 MrBrainFreeze

MrBrainFreeze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEastcoast USA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

Focus would be on very early leveling, getting eden gear, best choice for first character, etc. @Ashuckel your vids are great after they have reached a certain level and been playing for a few days or weeks, but this would focus on early understanding of how and what to do.

#9 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

...and OCP and unbalanced gear and op gear and stuff hahahahaha

I was doing a joke because he hates Rangers even more than I do. :P He even made an April's fools video about him opening a server (MunbalanceRO) where it would have all kinds of OP gears (including iRO's version of Cylinder, lol), but Ranger Class is disabled. :heh:

#10 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

you guys should check Slykdesigns youtube channel.
He is the munbalanced equivalent of iRO.

Although his content is pretty high level stuff and might overwhelm newbies.

#11 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

I can only make WoE TE videos lol

#12 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

There are people who does videos of different classes, but none of them like munbalanced, actually i only recall 3 people who make guides of ro including munbalanced and none of them plays un iRO on that time, The other 2 being alligator (mostly woe rgs guides where he explain in detail how to build and how skill works) and ziu who is an spanish guy who plays on kRO.

You have a lot of people who make videos tho, but most of them are with closed gears or really high end stuff that make things look really easy. I notice that some people even dont like to actually share their knowledge, and thats the main problem. Let alone doing guides and videos, also poor munbalanced has some people who fire at him even tho i think he is doing an amazing job making ro visible.

#13 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

I only do some short MVP videos of my doram and WOE Video (my first woe video suck) 

But i'm planning to do instance walkthroughs but i need to find a free video recorder for that...since i need to do commentary (I don't have a mike, I only use the translation box in youtube....i get this idea from a touhou player who do walkthroughs in every touhou game and he uses translation box to give advises to the players what stragety to do. I might copy this idea from him or her.)

And mumbalance, he's awesome, I follow his content, and i feel ashamed non of us can match him :heh:  ​

#14 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

I wish that GM will reward players doing these kinds of videos for new players and display their youtube account name so we can follow it also. that would be awesome, a nice idea.

#15 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

I think Oda did a contest for video guides for new players some time ago, though it was focused on classic  :heh:

#16 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

I would definitely make guides for newbies. The problem is I'm as ignorant as new players at this point lol

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

Psst...no one watches woe videos

#18 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

They (say they) highlight people who stream Ragnarok. I think via Twitter and Facebook.

#19 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:46 PM

can't really showcase ragnarok with youtube since "new contents" takes forever to arrive.

#20 daryljaeger

daryljaeger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

This is actually a great idea. Instead of reading stuff/guides on forums/irowiki and other sources, we should do some great videos about this game. I agree with MrBrainFreeze, should start with the very beginning. Now all we need is a dedicated player/s to start this. Lol. I want to, but all I can do mostly now is read in forums because lack of time and crappy internet. I barely have time to reply/post here and play. :3

#21 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:07 PM

This is actually a great idea. Instead of reading stuff/guides on forums/irowiki and other sources, we should do some great videos about this game. I agree with MrBrainFreeze, should start with the very beginning. Now all we need is a dedicated player/s to start this. Lol. I want to, but all I can do mostly now is read in forums because lack of time and crappy internet. I barely have time to reply/post here and play. :3

Would probably take forever due to grindfest. And you cannot use "proper" gears since that would give wrong expectations as new players are expected to be poor.

#22 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

I only do some short MVP videos of my doram and WOE Video (my first woe video suck) 

But i'm planning to do instance walkthroughs but i need to find a free video recorder for that...since i need to do commentary (I don't have a mike, I only use the translation box in youtube....i get this idea from a touhou player who do walkthroughs in every touhou game and he uses translation box to give advises to the players what stragety to do. I might copy this idea from him or her.)

And mumbalance, he's awesome, I follow his content, and i feel ashamed non of us can match him :heh:  ​

Translation box voice is very good. First heard them in The Unicum Guide to the......

#23 DirgeCometfell

DirgeCometfell

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Server:Living In The Database

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

can we get CM astra to do a video guide for newbies? like how to complete the academy quicly(Fuyu did a vid already) all the way to level 100 third jobs, highlight leveling areas and tactics for cheap easy leveling. reading is nice but a video seeing how it's done will be easier for entry level players.

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:02 AM

i recorded my Royal Banquet speedrun, plan to make the video of it.

#25 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:47 AM

Also a touch of moe on the vids will be good huehue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users