So what's after mob scarf? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

So what's after mob scarf?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

Speculation here, but anyone with jRO knowledge have any idea what would be the next godly item that would bring down the almighty Mob Scarf?  
So first was the Love piece, then Toy Syringe, then Tengu Set, now Mob Scarf. This can't possible go on forever right?  Right???

#2 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:03 AM

Yes it can, and no it's not up to you to have any say whatsoever.

#3 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:58 AM

all you mentioned has different usage. only the mobscarf is the "godly" one because of it's stats and location (low hg) because if Mob Scarf stats was in a upper HG/armor/shield/garment, only a few people wouldn't like it.

the best example that you should be giving is Baron's eye and -> New Wave Sunglasses.

or

Phen Card -> Orlean's Gown -> Spellflow Shadow Set -> Mad Bunny -> Love Piece

one item killing the value of the other. 

Syringe price dropped because of the continuous sale of its OCP box but it is still used for potting

Tengu Set is still good for Geneticist and Physcal Doram or Leech Geared GX

saying all these lower headgears are now trash/low value because of mob scarf is just pure stupidity. it's just a matter of usage. 

#4 Lionelz

Lionelz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:06 AM

I think what the OP meant is since all this game breaking balance OCP gear is been introduced. Are there anyone who have knowledge of jRO have any clue to what gear are going to be introduced into this server later on. I would love to know them myself if there is any more new OP OCP gears before I splur all my money on the current OCP gears  :p_idea:

Edited by Lionelz, 11 June 2017 - 02:46 AM.

#5 johaniskandar

johaniskandar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:22 AM

Mob Scarf [1]

#6 Angelolol3

Angelolol3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:27 AM

He never did say it was up to him, no need to shut him down like that.

#7 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

Mob Scarf [1]

#8 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:28 AM

i vote for the box to take a hiatus on the lucky 7 and continue after hunter x hunter gets a new season XD

#9 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

QQ more... things never change lol.

#10 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Pope Ring [1]

Embeded with holy properties.

Increases Gfist power by 100%

Sura class only.

Lvl req 176

Weight 10

Edited by leiand, 11 June 2017 - 04:00 AM.

#11 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:28 AM

Speculation here, but anyone with jRO knowledge have any idea what would be the next godly item that would bring down the almighty Mob Scarf?  
So first was the Love piece, then Toy Syringe, then Tengu Set, now Mob Scarf. This can't possible go on forever right?  Right???

Some people post about a headgear that pierces all defense, dunno if they are serious and such item exists, or if they were just being funny.

Indeed.  WP does as it pleases, even if some little cretins go around posting that there are some 'veterans' or 'elitists' that influence over what is implemented, its just a lie.  If they see a money grabbing opportunity they are gonna take it since the playerbase itself loves to encourage that.

I do wonder what Torque is meaning here: is he accusing OP of trying to halt the influx of broken gears or is he just stating the playerbase is actually unable to stop the jRO gears from coming?

LOL.  I'm actually tired of those hypocrites that yell and point fingers accusing people who try to get the developers to think about BALANCE in this game, calling them 'greedy' or 'elitists'.  But as soon as they see their own interests threatened or just get rekt'd in the game then start asking for balancing items.

When people opposed to Unforzen Shadow Set, they were called 'elitists thant wanted noobs to be noobs forever', still WP implemented the Set.

People did manage to stop MVP-effect Shadow Gears from coming, but who knows? WP can go back on their word anytime.

People cried when Penetration Shadow Set was stopped.  Very OP and unbalanced.  But some players didn't care and again accused a group of players of exerting influence over WP's decisions.  They still do, you can see the posts of one of those little friends in the forum, whining periodically about it.

Now I see posts regarding testing the items in Sakray before implementation, do they really want balance or they want to be sure all the effects are OP so they can ready their greedy hands and empty their wallets?  I've seen posts asking the items to be implemented as they are (even if they come from a server with custom mechanics, different from ours), so that 'elitists' don't have a chance to push for reworkings or stopping them from being implemented.

Honestly I don't give a -_-.  You can get all the OP gears you want and dry up your wallets.  WP doesn't seem to care about balance anyway, rather milk the playerbase as hard as it can.  I'd rather enjoy the ride while it lasts and when the server burns, grab some popcorn and enjoy the sight of it.

If iRO suffers the same fate as the old pRO it will be a delight to read the posts about them complaining about all the real money they spend on the game.

#12 AmuWadai

AmuWadai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:42 AM

Mob Scarf [1]

is this for real?

#13 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:54 AM

Instant burn on that one bru.. hail hydra Erydanos!

#14 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:02 AM

Some people post about a headgear that pierces all defense, dunno if they are serious and such item exists, or if they were just being funny.

Yes such item is released in their 2017 summer package, which costs 10,000 yen. (It is not even a box, you will get all 5 gears 100% for 10000 yen)

http://ragnarokonlin...ackage2017.html

Inside the package there is also an armor with hp3000 / sp300, atk+10% , and no weapon size penality.

But well, these kind of op gear is not really rare since they are doing it for quite a while already. (There is 100% Def ignore hat in 2016 summer package)

For the mob scarf which released in 2016 JRO's 14th anniversery box, it is also considered as one of the top gear.

The rate of getting it by opening box is about 0.2%~0.3%. (each box cost 500yen)

http://ragnarokonlin...nniversary.html

There is also Tao Gunka & Amon Ra card in that box. So I think mob scarf is not really that op in comparison? lol

So far I haven't notice anything oper than this one from jRO. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

And another interesting thing is that iRO only release items from jRO box instead of their summer package, which make sense as it is box->box.

So I think that mdef 100% ignore hat and no size penalty pirate queen hat wouldn't come here since they are from summer package.

Edited by kira26, 11 June 2017 - 05:14 AM.

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:20 AM

Time to gather information from jRO and be informed better then you can plan your next move wisely and make far profits just by doing nothing kek

#16 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:28 AM

Half Meg box

#17 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:36 AM

How about this? 120 int = 250 attack. (NOT magic attack  :p_hi: )

From https://forums.warpp...ntenance/page-2

R1u9QJ6.png

#18 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:38 AM

Half Meg box, half brynhild, mvp card

#19 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:39 AM

Yes such item is released in their 2017 summer package, which costs 10,000 yen. (It is not even a box, you will get all 5 gears 100% for 10000 yen)

http://ragnarokonlin...ackage2017.html

Inside the package there is also an armor with hp3000 / sp300, atk+10% , and no weapon size penality.

But well, these kind of op gear is not really rare since they are doing it for quite a while already. (There is 100% Def ignore hat in 2016 summer package)

For the mob scarf which released in 2016 JRO's 14th anniversery box, it is also considered as one of the top gear.

The rate of getting it by opening box is about 0.2%~0.3%. (each box cost 500yen)

http://ragnarokonlin...nniversary.html

There is also Tao Gunka & Amon Ra card in that box. So I think mob scarf is not really that op in comparison? lol

So far I haven't notice anything oper than this one from jRO. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Wow.  It would be enlightening to know JRO's game mechanics in order to understand why they need such gears.

Also, if I recall correctly someone posted that jRO introduced the gear in order to lessen the dependency of MVP cards, but you say they have also given them out in boxes.  Wonder what's the story behind that.

Edited by Erydanos, 11 June 2017 - 05:39 AM.

#20 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

They should just open a new server called "iRO japanewal" and have it be completely brand new with jRO mechanics. We all know jRO are the real developers here

#21 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

Wow.  It would be enlightening to know JRO's game mechanics in order to understand why they need such gears.

Also, if I recall correctly someone posted that jRO introduced the gear in order to lessen the dependency of MVP cards, but you say they have also given them out in boxes.  Wonder what's the story behind that.

Given that Mob scarf is a B rank item from the box which is already 0.2~0.3% rate, guess what the % of those A rank MVP card maybe? 

it is just another way for getting MVP card.

You either spend A LOT of time farming it or spend A LOT of money getting it. 

#22 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:45 AM

Given that Mob scarf is a B rank item from the box which is already 0.2~0.3% rate, guess what the % of those A rank MVP card maybe? 

it is just another way for getting MVP card.

You either spend A LOT of time farming it or spend A LOT of money getting it. 

Judging by some posts of our 'beloved' community members, the money option is the one to go  :heh:

But seriously, if that 'dependency on MVP cards' is true, I wonder what happened there.  Did someone made a yakuza type move and monopolized access to the MVP's or the mechanics are downright so crazy that players needed MVP effects to even clear some content?

They should just open a new server called "iRO japanewal" and have it be completely brand new with jRO mechanics. We all know jRO are the real developers here

Shhh, Aco! Our ruthless korean overlords might choke on their kimchi if they heard you. LOL

Edited by Erydanos, 11 June 2017 - 05:50 AM.

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

Does jRO release OP gears all the time and it's doing just fine yet iRO is dying because of few OP gears from OCP? I think the fatal mistake WP has done is to think iRO and jROnis the same. No no no and no ... I guess the keyword is Japanese. Damn Japan ... always do things against the odds <3

#24 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:55 AM

jRO releases their gear base on how their server works.

It's like saying you're in the united states and you're use to driving on the left side of the car. Then someone imported a car from europe and now you're trying to understand how to drive from the right side of the car.

#25 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

It's not a shut down, it's a statement about box contents never being up to players, and item properties being changed. We never really had a say anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users