Just an I D E A for LOCKED COSTUME - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Just an I D E A for LOCKED COSTUME

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 orangegamers

orangegamers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

well this is just idea how to stop dupe after several "  Account Locked " i suggest dev. team should LOCKED costume too just like king set...i think everyone agree with my idea

thanks and have fun

#2 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

I don't agree with your idea.

I have several chars on several accounts and I want to be able to trade my costumes from one char to another, when I like to.

And I want to be able to sell a costume, when I don't like it anymore or when I need zulie.

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:16 AM

Actually, something really should be done about the costume situation. Given that the market is so massively flooded with old costumes released several times over the last few years, I'd definitely suggest something to be done.

But how about something a bit more creative?

Let's say:

Monthly Spin sets released.

What would be the benefits if for that month [or in some cases two months] they're Account Bound on Equip?

Well, being the binding mechanism doesn't apply until 'consumed' you'd still be able to sell and trade them, even if consumed you have the option to unbind them.

Now let's say after the month is over, they're updated to be account locked* on equip. This manual updating of the items trade restriction would force the previously bound item, to become tradable again until equipped. 

So, the next question is: Do they remain Locked indefinitely, OR, become Account Bound on Equip when they're recycled in the LS monthly option?

Some logistical problems would be if they weren't updated on recycling sessions, then some special attention would need to occur so that previously released versions aren't unlocked.

Also, if they were permanently locked after the month release, this would encourage more sales when the costumes are re-released.

However, if they're simply unbound on recycling sessions, this could make the market thrive, but LS sales themselves for the company, would be smaller.

In my honest opinion the following should legitimately be done.

1: When a costume is placed into the LS, they should be Account Locked on Equip. [Still promotes trading until consumed]

2: When the costume is recycled/re-released, the previous versions should stay locked. [This will encourage sales in the LS, helping the company to maintain costs]

3: These locking procedures should be implemented each month on recycle sessions.

- ie Black Ninja set -currently in game- remain account bound. 4 months down the road, when they're in the LS again, THEN they'd be updated to Account Locked on Equip. 

This would in a sense be a 'slow rollout' of a new trade restriction system. Allowing a significant time to respond and move / consume or sell costumes as the owner deems necessary. In fact, it could take over a year before all costumes become Account Locked on Equip. Plenty of time to adjust.

Just my personal stance, but something should be done, because the LS system is failing due to it's easily subverted and inherent flaws with the released products.

Also, this should absolutely apply to Faith items, both Weapons and Armors as both are Item Mall grade items. 

Edited by Feuer, 15 June 2017 - 03:19 AM.

#4 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:31 AM

Actualy the market isn't as flooded with old lucky spin costumes as you might think... 

"sure there are hoarders out there that have loads of costumes on the storage, including myself to sell or keep for personal use"

I would support this idea for lucky spin costumes not being tradeable again or something, if they would designs a system like a wardrobe for all lucky spin costumes.

Once a lucky spin piece has been used/consumed you have unlocked it on your account and for all your characters on that account.

Free to change the costume piece at any given moment (Not in combat)

Costumes should still be tradeable, but once you have used/consumed the costume piece it will dissapear and be added to your wardrobe, after wich it will never be tradeable again.

You could even use this to unlock special titles and other rewards should such a system ever be implemented...

This would encourage more players to use the costume themselfs rather then selling or keeping them, if the rewards are worth it.

To give a few example:

- Unlock all samurai costume sets  (5 sets?)  permanently adds 50HP & The last samurai title

- Unlock all cadet costume sets (4 sets?)  permanently adds 40 move speed & The Cadet  title

- Unlock 10 different costume sets  permanently adds 100 weight & I consume title

These were just examples, and my thoughts on this.

Let me know what you think?  :)

#5 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

I still disagree... I am a woman... and I like to change my outfit from time to time.

And I want to be able to trade my stuff from char to char... to create a new set... to mix up the costumes.

This is one of the best parts of the game... shopping and have new outfits... and to be creative with the costumes and mix  them up.

You get a strong NO to the idea of locked costumes..

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

I still disagree... I am a woman... and I like to change my outfit from time to time.

Some straight sexism right there. 

#7 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:38 PM

haha... of course I wanted to say... WE ALL like to change the outfit from time to time.

Yes, thats better... so it is not only 30% of the players... but all.

Thank you for pointing it. :p_love:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users