legit or illegal ? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

legit or illegal ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 nkamarijuana

nkamarijuana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

[Removed]

Edited by VModCinnamon, 14 June 2017 - 09:25 AM.
Removed video, illegal server.

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

totally okay so long as you're not afk playing with it.

Stringing together skills and skipping to teleport instantly are good things

#3 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

That's private server.

Then I guess that video will be cinnamized soon.

#4 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

That's private server.

Then I guess that video will be cinnamized cinnabombed soon.

Fixed.

#5 TenkU4dKeeL

TenkU4dKeeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

this should be fine since it does not automate gameplay. this is what they call "quality of life" programs.

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

While the video is taken from an illegal server, use of Macros is allowed. As stated above, as long as the macro is not automating gameplay then it should be all right.

For more information please see Campitor post here, Client Edits portion.

#7 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:48 AM

The gray line is getting thinner and thinner, oh wait.

#8 nkamarijuana

nkamarijuana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:51 AM

i nearly lose my left arm from a vehicular accident.  :sob:

i didn't even know macro is legal. any idea how to use macro?

#9 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

While the video is taken from an illegal server, use of Macros is allowed. As stated above, as long as the macro is not automating gameplay then it should be all right.

For more information please see Campitor post here, Client Edits portion.

I can't believe this. We're not allowed to bot because they "automate gameplay" (which is justified and true), but macros are okay? What do you think they do? They automate gameplay.

How is this even a thing?

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:04 AM

putting your macro to run and go afk for 5hrs while it plays for you is one thing

making a macro that spams RC (for example) for you just so you dont have to break your keyboard is completely different

#11 Caturae

Caturae

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

putting your macro to run and go afk for 5hrs while it plays for you is one thing

making a macro that spams RC (for example) for you just so you dont have to break your keyboard is completely different

It's really not because you allow both by saying "macros" are okay.

And really, even the second example isn't okay.

Automated gameplay is still automated. You can't take a holier-than-thou "well, I'm only automating some of my gameplay! har har!" approach.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

if it lets you play the game whilst you're AFK, or you're unable to respond to a bot check, it's illegal.

Does that help you?

iamusinganRCspammingmacrorightnowomg

#13 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

kro made it built-in for a reason

#14 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

I use my gaming mouse macro keys to spam RC 10 times with 0.2 sec delay. it's a function of my gaming keyboard / mouse. why wouldn't that be okay to use? lol 

#15 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

It's really not because you allow both by saying "macros" are okay.

Automated gameplay is still automated. You can't take a holier-than-thou "well, I'm only automating some of my gameplay! har har!" approach.

You need to learn more about textual and contextual reading :heh:

Here's the deal, what do you have in mind when reading "Don't use drugs" slogan ?

is it applied to all kind of drugs? :p_smile:

#16 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

It's easier to recognize the approach the GMs try to take, as long as you don't see it as black and white.

GMs will allow macros, as long as the GM themselves will feel it is appropriate in their context of fair play.

GMs will allow GRF edits, as long as they're done with the GMs guidelines. Rules can change overnight.

GMs will allow ksing, as long as who knows whatever can happen. It's not something they will investigate heavily in.

GMs allow WPE trading, but RMTing is not acceptable.

There have always been grey areas in this game. You'll find yourself a happier person once you accept that.

#17 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

My face after making my teleport macro 

551828d1422247268-poll-~-93-95-99-spec-f

#18 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Macros does ​"automate gameplay".

GMs simply just don't want to elaborate further or give specific examples of game automation.

​As simple as that.

​Using Macros to spam skills, say Vanishing Point or Rolling Cutter vs a 50 MILLION HP monster I beleive is justified and actually makes sense to use over manual clicks that will:
​    destroy your laptop's Function keys
​    sprain your finger
    and in other cases like mine, sprain your back (YES I ACTUALLY DID).

#19 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

This game is too hard to play it on default mode xD looks like, btw RC actually can be autospammed on kRO, but as far as i know is the only one. Maybe Ashuckel can give more info on that because he and some other people seems very updated in terms of what and whats not there.

#20 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

According to KRO dev team Q & A 2017.
Currently. Using macro mouse, by any means, is illegal.
However they are considering which functions can be allowed to use.

#21 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

Macros does ​"automate gameplay".

GMs simply just don't want to elaborate further or give specific examples of game automation.

​As simple as that.

​Using Macros to spam skills, say Vanishing Point or Rolling Cutter vs a 50 MILLION HP monster I beleive is justified and actually makes sense to use over manual clicks that will:
​    destroy your laptop's Function keys
​    sprain your finger
    and in other cases like mine, sprain your back (YES I ACTUALLY DID).

This isn't a good reason.

Macros, by definition, automate gameplay. You can have it done to the extent of where it can farm stuff for you (like players using it for investment).

The only thing that matters is if the GM likes it or not. So this leaves it open to whether you can be sophisticated enough with your macros where it can do a lot in game while still being okay with the GMs.

Example: Someone can queue up for KvM by using a macro and just afk. and requeue again (involves using auto clicker).

Edited by Demeris, 14 June 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#22 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

This isn't a good reason.

Macros, by definition, automate gameplay. You can have it done to the extent of where it can farm stuff for you (like players using it for investment).

The only thing that matters is if the GM likes it or not. So this leaves it open to whether you can be sophisticated enough with your macros where it can do a lot in game while still being okay with the GMs.

Example: Someone can queue up for KvM by using a macro and just afk. and requeue again (involves using auto clicker).

GMs saying "Macros are OK. As long as it does not automate gameplay" is the least they can do about macros.

​They don't want any further discussions, specific examples of it. You don't have to take that statement in its absolute literal sense.

​If they deem a certain automation is being too exploitative or anti competitve, then its up to THEM what to do about it.

​The macro you mentioned is entirely diffferent from a very simply macro that does one thing: SPAM SKILLS.

​There is a difference. And that's where the GMs decide which ones are OK and which are are not.

#23 nkamarijuana

nkamarijuana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

chill down boy's  :blahblah:

now i can play the game single handedly  :hinthint:

#24 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:54 AM

GMs saying "Macros are OK. As long as it does not automate gameplay" is the least they can do about macros.

​They don't want any further discussions, specific examples of it. You don't have to take that statement in its absolute literal sense.

​If they deem a certain automation is being too exploitative or anti competitve, then its up to THEM what to do about it.

​The macro you mentioned is entirely diffferent from a very simply macro that does one thing: SPAM SKILLS.

​There is a difference. And that's where the GMs decide which ones are OK and which are are not.

There are other macros too that doesn't involve spamming the same skill and can be used for other RO tasks.

A lot of players who do investments uses macros that are not just a 1 step process. Some biochemists use a macro for creating potions, since they have to manually move to the desired option for creating potions. We also have macros that lets an RK afk and alternate between DB/WDB.

Like I said, one does simply not create a macro that only spams 1 skill. Players have been using macros to spam NPCs as well when there was an event that involves spamming them (Troy, anniversary lottery, etc). Now we've moved onto letting players use it for skills and I've seen some good ones that other classes like an AB can take advantage of.

Without any clear cut answer, we will always be having players testing the limits of what's allowed. And truthfully, the only time you'll get in trouble is if the GMs decide to investigate what you're doing.

Edited by Demeris, 15 June 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#25 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:39 AM

I'm doing TI with gene. I use flywing to get into the middle of a mob. Q and W are the hotkeys for candies. Using the rolling cutter logic, candy macros are legal right? I might destroy my Q and W keys when spamming candies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users