2nd chance on that mobscarf - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

2nd chance on that mobscarf

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

No one would buy cash shop items if in game items which anybody with excessive leisure can farm are more powerful. Game would of become bot to win instead and the company will not generate any revenues. Using cash shop items also shows love, loyalty, and support to the game.

Wrong. It's a matter of balancing the rewards. Cash shop has been providing decent items for a long time already, and very few of them were really OP. And even the most OP of them (HWHB?) was not even close to what has been released recently. Also, most of the highest rewarding things you can do in the game cannot be done by bots... probably.

half correct friend. oh its p2w, but not 100%. not yet.

newer players with no connections need p2w because they realize the difficulty in attaining zeny/gears from nothing. this helps RO generate revenue and stay alive amidst competition from newer games.

older players dont need to use real money because they have the knowledge of conversions and how to apply them, which involves game-related zenymaking tactics that don't utilize p2w to make zeny, yet reap p2w benefits. in example, a person can use their zeny making tactics in game to sustain VIP without using real money, or they can acquire so much zeny that they exchange it for WPE to buy boxes or KP. once you have the knowledge of how to make zeny (and there are many, many ways), you can cross over the boundary of in-game currency to WPE/KP rewards to avoid spending real money entirely.

Up to this point I totally agree with you. Also, with Sewasan's posts. The only thing that bothers me is that the gap between what you can get in game and what you can get by cash shop was ok, but has been consistently and overwhelmingly increasing. Maybe we already got to an alarming point, and if it keeps going on, playing wil be less and less rewarding, and most players will see no reason to keep playing. I know that many has already quit because of it. If only they worked towards keeping WoE alive...

#27 ZhaoLi

ZhaoLi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Up to this point I totally agree with you. Also, with Sewasan's posts. The only thing that bothers me is that the gap between what you can get in game and what you can get by cash shop was ok, but has been consistently and overwhelmingly increasing. Maybe we already got to an alarming point, and if it keeps going on, playing wil be less and less rewarding, and most players will see no reason to keep playing. I know that many has already quit because of it. If only they worked towards keeping WoE alive...

In my opinion the real reason for ppl to quit is game not balanced at all.

Before the lvl 175 update 2 years ago, I ran with another 10 guild mates to do ET every week.

Nowadays I go to et alone to 80 floor if i am seriously potting.

everyone is so OP himself, there is no need pt at all.

after 10 solo runs, i decided to quit ET, how boring, i would rather spend time on better single player game.

#28 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:54 PM

There are many reasons that make people quit. I just listed one. :P There are people who used to quit for the opposite reason as well, because they realised that they would take years just to get where many veterans are now, and by this point, the same vets would be many more years ahead of them. I know some of these. There are people who quit because WoE was not competitive, like the entirety of my last guild. Some quit because they've done everything that is to be done on the game, and the level of grinding required by this game is tedious. Some quit because of non-game related reasons (like my wife, that stopped playing when she decided to continue her studies, and now she doesn't want to come back because all of our friends are gone). OP OCP gears gave a chance for people on the first group, if they are lucky... but took away the reason to play of other people. The question is complex, but they don't really care about it, only about milking the game while it stands.

#29 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

after 10 solo runs, i decided to quit ET, how boring, i would rather spend time on better single player game.

Or you can return back with a bucnh of friends and compete who can kill steal the MvP faster. Lots of gums might be wasted but I don't think thats a problem for you. I run one solo ET up to 101 while 2-3 with my guildies. I prefer the run with my guildies cause its less stressful, and less spamming of skills/pots/etc.

All those -_- and giggles.

We normally try to see who gets killed the most, stripped, knockbacked or gets debuff the most. Or when someone is half awake and goes forward at a floor that a sura/tanker needs to be there and eventually wiping almost everyone. 

#30 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

some guy is selling it for 3b already, good move camp!  :kis:

#31 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Wrong. It's a matter of balancing the rewards. Cash shop has been providing decent items for a long time already, and very few of them were really OP. And even the most OP of them (HWHB?) was not even close to what has been released recently. Also, most of the highest rewarding things you can do in the game cannot be done by bots... probably.

PvM players need to farm harder then buy WPE through hard-earn zeny. It all comes down to demand and supply. Otherwise they can choose to spend money to support the game and enjoy powerful items from cash shop immediately. Everyone has a choice. Powerful items are out there but everyone is not obligated to use them to clear the game. Ahhh my bad what I meant to say is this game would of become who has more characters to spam instances wins. We can already see a 16.1 robe selling for 1b zeny and will definitely go lower. It is already getting saturated and it has not arrived in iRO over a month has it? 

#32 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

I recently came back from a hiatus.My account is from beta,and my warlock char is almost 15 years old now.I seen many stages of the game,and after a while cash shop arrived,it was fine because although the items that were there were useful,their power level was comparable to the normal items obtainable to the game but right now we have reached a stage((mobscarf good example)) that has more power than 2 mvp cards melded toguether ((and more)) and such power is unobtainable in game.Like for example the scarf gives same healing as bascojin card,but its equipped on lwoer slot.You cannot equip that card on lower slot normally cause there are no lower slotted items,and it gives more matkt han a true fenrir card ((or any other mvp card out there in terms of matk,is like wearing a +10 staff of destruction in your mouth)) and this is the problem now.Then your only options are A.buy a ton of boxes and hope for the best,or B.Farm ingame for a brick ton of zenny ((the scarf costs more than some mvp cards alredy)) for a big amount of time unless your a well strong established player for a long time now,this amount is almost impossible for many people.So its turning like those cheap private servers that offered custom overly op items only obtainable by donation,and as one that has been here since end of 2002((in and out)),i don't like it one bit.

Edited by Darkshneider, 15 June 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#33 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:52 PM

I recently came back from a hiatus.My account is from beta,and my warlock char is almost 15 years old now.I seen many stages of the game,and after a while cash shop arrived,it was fine because although the items that were there were useful,their power level was comparable to the normal items obtainable to the game but right now we have reached a stage((mobscarf good example)) that has more power than 2 mvp cards melded toguether ((and more)) and such power is unobtainable in game.Like for example the scarf gives same healing as bascojin card,but its equipped on lwoer slot.You cannot equip that card on lower slot normally cause there are no lower slotted items,and it gives more matkt han a true fenrir card ((or any other mvp card out there in terms of matk,is like wearing a +10 staff of destruction in your mouth)) and this is the problem now.Then your only options are A.buy a ton of boxes and hope for the best,or B.Farm ingame for a brick ton of zenny ((the scarf costs more than some mvp cards alredy)) for a big amount of time unless your a well strong established player for a long time now,this amount is almost impossible for many people.So its turning like those cheap private servers that offered custom overly op items only obtainable by donation,and as one that has been here since end of 2002((in and out)),i don't like it one bit.

its at 2.5b ish at the moment, White Lady is like 4-7b while True Fenrir is 70b? Its expensive yeah but it came with the first OCP where else wanted stuffs goes for 1-2b. This has been the most expensive OCP item yet (whilte its still in the box!).

I blame the server for having too much zeny :P

#34 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

The drawback of mob scarf? Of course there is!

You cant use toy syringe while using mob scarf.

#35 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

its at 2.5b ish at the moment, White Lady is like 4-7b while True Fenrir is 70b? Its expensive yeah but it came with the first OCP where else wanted stuffs goes for 1-2b. This has been the most expensive OCP item yet (whilte its still in the box!).

I blame the server for having too much zeny :P

They should return the gambling npc that was introduced in thor. That was very effective.

#36 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

The drawback of mob scarf? Of course there is!

You cant use toy syringe while using mob scarf.

Hahahahahahaha

#37 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

good thing 2x arquien's necklace is still sufficient in low ti :D

#38 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

Mob Scarf is cheaper than mvp cards, at 2.5b price you get so many benefits 

5000 kp on cash shop? that is only around 500-600m lol

#39 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

So ppl who sells it overpriced can qq

#40 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

change the duplicates into 18 box. 

1 Oda

6 BB

6 BMX
1 Moon Eyepatch
3 Skin
1 Military Mail

Kay.. I'm done with this box :3

#41 ZhaoLi

ZhaoLi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

the problem is not 2B or 3B

but willingness to pay this amount to WP directly, not to some random ppl just got lucky enough to get a mob with few boxes.

if they put mob in shop in the beginning for 10K KP then i have already bought it directly, and it is just kinda disgusting (at least to me) to either spend another USD 100 to gamble (at this proven low drop rate) or beg a random ppl to sell theirs to me.

So ppl who sells it overpriced can qq

ppls selling overpriced mob now (most of them) are the lucky ones who did not burn a lot of money.

so, what to qq to be honest? :hmm:

Edited by ZhaoLi, 15 June 2017 - 05:01 PM.

#42 ZhaoLi

ZhaoLi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

change the duplicates into 18 box. 

1 Oda

6 BB

6 BMX
1 Moon Eyepatch
3 Skin
1 Military Mail

Kay.. I'm done with this box :3

3 skin, you can try 1 more then :p_sick:  :wah:

#43 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

ppls selling overpriced mob now (most of them) are the lucky ones who did not burn a lot of money.

so, what to qq to be honest? :hmm:

He probably means people who BOUGHT it overpriced.

#44 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

turned in stuffs and got some 20+ boxes. still no mob scarf :(

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

it isnt overpriced if the price has never changed

#46 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

Literally first box I opened from turning in Military Mails was a Mob Scarf.

You were right m80. 

<3

#47 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:25 PM

Literally first box I opened from turning in Military Mails was a Mob Scarf.

You were right m80. 

<3

Gargh, and back when i decide to gift my ODAs away cause I only have 22 and I read your post. Tableflips. Guess I'll just trade it then for ONE LAST BOX.

Then tableflips or tears of happiness.

#48 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

Good luck m80. 

#49 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

Good luck m80.

Nope, traded 24 ODA just to open 12 ODA. I gave it to my guildie cause im frustrated.

#50 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

Worst decision ever....

I wana CC and AB Grandma Boxter now  :p_ang:

Input 96 Oda output 48 Oda and 12 ODA asdlfjaweoifja;uirdsenth;igjoAWZDSFKLFAS 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users