Some general Questions about Gear and Skills for Mechanic - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Some general Questions about Gear and Skills for Mechanic

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

Hello guys,

i wanted to ask some general questions about gear of the mechanic class and also skills and how they work. I didn't know where else i should put this so i opened a new thread. I hope that's okay and maybe some other players profit from this knowledge as well or may also ask questions on their own here.

So here are my questions:

1. How do you guys MVP with an Axe Mechanic?

I am lv 137 now and i have gear for Axe Tornado (supplement Part Con Immune, Temp STR boots FS7, 2x Arquiens Necklace, +9 Malicious Tornado Axe) and i have gear for Axe Boomerang (supplement Part Dex, FW ea10, +9 HF ea9)

So i wondered how you guys kill those MVPs? do you just spam Axe Tornado constantly because i think 2h Axe Mechanic is really squishy and some of the lower MVPs like Eddga 1 shotted me already with 33k HP. Also Bathomet, Osiris and Doppelganger was also difficult to outheal.

Maybe use a 1h Axe + Shield instead? But then you got the CD on Axe Tornado ... some advice would be great here.

Or just Axe Boomerang the MVP down? I actually hate to swap gear constantly ^^ but maybe thats the key, i dont know.

Do you even use Power Swing? I didnt manage to test it atm but Power Swing with a lot of ATK Gear like FW FS, 2x Arquiens Necklaces and an Axe for the Axe Boomerang Proc, maybe with a 1h Axe+Shield sounds really promising. Has anyone tried that out?

2. Since Axe Boomerang is considered to be a Ranged Attack ... would Temporal DEX boots or Temporal STR boots be better for DMG?

3. Supplement Part Dex - i wanted to know if it is worth to stack 2 Supplement Part Dex for Axe Boomerang.

As far as i heard of the 2 sec Cooldown of Axe Boomerang does not add up to 0 so i wondered if the other effects like also the 100% dmg increase of Axe Boomerang does add up.

4. does AGI/ASPD affect any of the Axe Mechanic skills like Axe Boomerang or Axe Tornado? Because i didn't find any difference. I guess Power Swing is affected by it though. Anyways, i just ask because i dont see any benefit in AGI for my Axe Mechanic besides the occasional dodge.

5. does Maximun Overthrust affect any of the Axe Mechanic skills? Because it didn't seem to affect Axe Tornado nor Axe Boomerang which seems to be odd.

probably more questions to come ^^

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

1. HSCR spam generally

2. Temp STR with ea4 enchant

3. Only 1 works, or something like that

4. aspd only becomes a factor once the skill is not locked behind big cooldowns/delays. The lower they are, more you feel aspd being worth.

5. Affects every damage you do. It adds +100% onto the final skill percentage. Since skills have a set % value and sometimes high it may not be noticed. Autoattacks have a base 100%, henve why it's easily noticeable on autos, as it doubles them (100+100)

#3 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for the reply!

1. HSCR spam generally

which weapon are you using for this?

#4 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

I am using +10Boomerang Giant axe[1] wd fs enchant. this gives hscr boost 15%. It has Step Card in it that boost Axe boomerang skills and greater effect if compounded in a +10 weapon. This might be an "option for you" if you have aspd.

I also have access to faw ea enchants and all, my biggest damage to izlude eggs is 130k. The rest of the suggestion is all up to the elite GOOD guys here. Hope this would help you. ty

#5 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

@ AllenR why are you using a step card Giant Axe for HSCR spam and not an AK card for example?

So ... i tested Power Swing a little and oh gosh. The Dmg and Cooldown is terrible. Does like half the dmg of my Axe Tornado and can spam Axe Tornado 2x as fast.

My HCSR dmg was even worse though xD but could spam it faster.

I used 2x Arquiens Necklace. Doubt, the new Headgear if it comes with 100% dmg Increase in Power Swing will do much about it.

Why are Axe Mechanics skills so terrible in Scaling :( we have to rely heavily on equip that boosts our skills by 100% (lol) while you see Sins that scale as hell with EDP or even Rune Knights. Formular seems really crap in Axe Mechanic. Or we just need 2x Megingjards :/ ?

BTW: Is 100 base Dex and 80 Base Luck enough to hit MVPs? Cause Agi Up is causing me big trouble but i only have 60 Base Dex atm so yea ...

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Agi UP MVPs have so much flee you'd have to rely on crit or guaranteed-hit skills (or wait for it to end I guess.) Their 'agi up' is very different than our agi up skill. 

100 base DEX and 80 base luk will be fine for everything else though, especially since you get bonus HIT from axe mastery and weaponry research. 

Power Swing is only really 'viable' if you have a lot of aftercast delay gear to spam it at ASPD like you would HSCR. Mech can get a lot of aftercast delay... but at the cost of damage. For now, IMO, spamming Axe Tornado is better than power swinging unless you have a stringer or kiel card. 

And if you're doing that (stringer, kiel), might as well just arm cannon. 

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

If you get a Maestro friend you can have a lot of fun with Power Sing :) specially with some strong Axe Boom procs.

#8 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:15 AM

Hey i got some other questions for you coming guys!

Regarding elemental cards in Armor parts. Which would you suggest to buy as Axe Mechanic for MVP/general Leveling like Lighthalzen?

And what is the difference between Bathory C and Evil Druid C exactly? What are the benefits of a Ghostring C and when to use it?

Another problem is that Supplemen Armor has no card slot which means i have to take it off resulting in a deacrease in ATK% and -25% dmg from Axe Tornado because no set Bonus from Supplement part con.

Which armor would you buy? I assume FS enchanten Angel Wings of Power and maybe elemental Carded Valkyrian Armor because of the indestructabilty (i hope thats a word lol) and its general usability by other classes (twinks)?

Edited by matizsahsa, 19 June 2017 - 02:19 AM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:36 AM

the elements you get depends on what you do. Most used elements for general instances and pvm are undead,shadow,fire,water,wind for some places.

Bathory is Shadow element and Evil Druid is undead. Check RO element table to see exactly how each one deals with other elements, but in general ED has more weaknesses, but grants Freeze and Stone Curse immunity.

Ghostring reduces Neutral damage by 30%. But it doesnt apply to monsters autoattacks (these are what you can call "non elemental"), it applies however to any skill thats of neutral element. So the uses are if what you are fighting has heavy hitting neutral skills.

armors to have: Unfrozen Water armor, any Evil Druid carded one, some Bathory carded one, Unbrekable Fire one. These are some of the most commonly used in a lot of scenarios, other than this, make whatever armor you feel like you need (unfrozen wind is a nice one for bio4, altho not needed depending on the party, then an unfrozen fire would do better).
There are many situations where you dont really need an elemental armor, even tho it would mitigate some damage, if it's not crucial for surviving you can just stick to a damage boosting one, like the verus armors.

#10 JackPurcell

JackPurcell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationHostel
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

Ghostring reduces Neutral damage by 30%. But it doesnt apply to monsters autoattacks (these are what you can call "non elemental"), it applies however to any skill thats of neutral element. So the uses are if what you are fighting has heavy hitting neutral skills.

only want to ask...if using Ghostring+Deviling for PVM,it could reduce 80% neutral atk?..

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:49 AM

no, they are not the same type of reduction.

GR reduces neutral by 30% because ghost1 element takes only 70% damage from neutral attacks.

This is the base damage based on elemental table, and has nothing to do with reduction gears.

using both of them will result in a 65% damage reduction. (GR makes your base damage taken to be 70%. With DR you receive 50% less from that, wich is 35)

#12 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for all the information. Im reading through all of this but not always answering.

I have to ask again about HCSR spamming:

which is the best weapon to use? A Giant Axe?

Other options that come to my mind is Pile Bunker and a Holy Crimson Mace or maybe a Holy Crimson Twohand Axe.

The problem I see about the maces is you dont benefit from your axe mastery meaning like ~50 less hit and some ATK but you can wear a shield.

#13 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:14 AM

For very tough mvps i would use pilebuncker p, good price, and can use a alice carded valk shield for resistance. Think it would be damage paired as giant axe. If you don't need resistance, giant axe + abysmal knight/hillslion all the way.

If you feel bored for don't having tornado axe, drop magma eruptions at the mobs, it'll do the job nicely, not as good as tornado, but nicely.

Edited by Ethanasael, 21 June 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

Even Giant Axe has a hard time beating Pile Bunker P damage wise, it's base atk is super high, also is a lv4 weapon and receives extra atk per upgrade

#15 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

no, they are not the same type of reduction.

GR reduces neutral by 30% because ghost1 element takes only 70% damage from neutral attacks.

This is the base damage based on elemental table, and has nothing to do with reduction gears.

using both of them will result in a 65% damage reduction. (GR makes your base damage taken to be 70%. With DR you receive 50% less from that, wich is 35)

Can i ask if 100% damage red is possible for all monsters cos

neutral/element is irrelevant.?

#16 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

I suppose Mr. Ash will response with "gdi" word again :P :p_hi:

#17 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:03 AM

For Axe Mechanic would you suggest Mob Scarf or Tengu set?

I guess Tengu Set would give more dmg especially when using Axe Boomerang or Hybriding with Mado Suit (Ranged Dmg) but then with Mob Scarf you have more HP and can also swap between different immune to Status effect cards for middle headgear.

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:34 AM

tengu

#19 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

For Axe Mechanic would you suggest Mob Scarf or Tengu set?

I guess Tengu Set would give more dmg especially when using Axe Boomerang or Hybriding with Mado Suit (Ranged Dmg) but then with Mob Scarf you have more HP and can also swap between different immune to Status effect cards for middle headgear.

Don't forget that you need a -_- ton of slotted sunnies/glasses, and they're expensive right now.

#20 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:33 AM

Since Axe Mastery also effects Maces (+30 ATK and +30 Hit i think), is it worth going for it as Mado Mech?

#21 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:52 AM

40 Attacks & 20 Hits according to this page

#22 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

Hey guys, i got some more questions and i dont wanna open a new thread since this one here was actually meant to be for minor/quick general questions for mechanic.

so here they are:

1. what is actually better +1 STR or +1 ATK% ?

as far as i know +1 STR gets you +0,5% weapon ATK and +1 ATK and ATK% is multiplied after all the other calculations? In this case i assume ATK% would be better?

2. how important is INT for Mado Mechanic? I see you need a lot of SP and all that but as far as i know MATK is not needed for Mado Mech which leaves another reason to be variable casting time that it reduces. I am planning on getting 100 STR, 64 Agi, 96 VIT, 120 DEX, 60 LUK and 83 INT to reap all the fruits from Mob Scarf. Is 83 Base Int enough in your opinion?

#23 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

mado can use faw magic i believe and a little dps will help you. int will benefit mado mech to sustain hawkeye procs, other cast time skills, and suicide destruction etc. i also have 82 int and it suits me well

#24 matizsahsa

matizsahsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for the response!

Another question: i want to enchant Verus accessories (supplement dex and upgrade barrel). Which would be the best enchant for Mado Mechanic? DEX or STR? I am not sure which Mado Mech would benefit more from. Obviously supplement Part Dex is for Arm Cannon and Upgrade Barrel for Knuckle Boost. 

Does STR and DEX contribute both in the same extend to Mado Mech DMG (Knuckle Boost+Arm Cannon)?

#25 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:29 AM

Dex goes direct to increasing skill damage, plus reducs cast. Str high if you use pile bunkers(P,I,M,P...), i would stick with 100 str 120 dex and mix other stats, don't need lot of agi, something from 40 to 60, at least 90 vit would be appreciated. If you're going with Evil Dragon Armor +9 or +10 you don't need to care about Hawkeye proc or low int, but at least 20 - 40 is nice too, altough it's sp leech is very nice, maybe you'll want a higher pool. I've reseted my mecha lot times.

I want to ask, does mado mech is immune to full strip? If yes, i'll go mado all the way from now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users