server restart unfair for upgrading? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

server restart unfair for upgrading?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

i was doing large scale upgrading testing for over 6k ores all in one sitting and did not want to be disturbed, i feel this completely screws me up. Is there a way to get compensation? I recorded the whole thing.

#2 sunnydoll

sunnydoll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

Nothing sorry my bad

Edited by sunnydoll, 15 June 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#3 mark0707

mark0707

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

i was doing large scale upgrading testing for over 6k ores all in one sitting and did not want to be disturbed, i feel this completely screws me up. Is there a way to get compensation? I recorded the whole thing.

Oh man that's terrible kappa.

#4 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Thanks to warp portal I've learned to hate the word compensation.

Damned crybabies begging for compensation for nothing at all. What happened to reading the Terms of Service, you know, the document that says you can't and won't hold the company responsible for anything and/or everything?

#5 Mrquib

Mrquib

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

If you're upgrading above +10 then being stopped shouldn't matter, you can pick up where you left off. If you're upgrading with HD ores and got DC'd at below +7 then I believe you can submit a ticket and they should fix that

#6 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Don't they give a 15 minutes heads up or something when they're about to shut down the servers?  I haven't been on when maint starts in a long time, but they used to give a warning.  Were you [Removed] or just not paying attention to your screen?  Either way, it's your own fault for trying to run a "large scale upgrading test" just before maintenance.  Should've waited until after.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 June 2017 - 06:35 PM.
That was unnecessary.

#7 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

They gave a 5 minute warning, which he ignored.

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

Thanks to warp portal I've learned to hate the word compensation.

Damned crybabies begging for compensation for nothing at all. What happened to reading the Terms of Service, you know, the document that says you can't and won't hold the company responsible for anything and/or everything?

This.

#9 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

jiggity, sorry to hear that!

The restart happened on short notice. Note that there were in-game announcements just before servers going down.

As for the compensation, please submit a support ticket to the GM staff. Include the recording and details of the issue, they can assist. Please note that there is no guarantee an item compensation will occur.

Good luck!

Sending a support ticket guide:

https://forums.warpp...support-system/

Spoiler

Closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users