Refine System is UNFAIR - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Refine System is UNFAIR

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

I would like to quote something a player said, i'll not put his nick name cuz i don't know if he want, but if he want talk here in comments and i'll add your nick. Can't remove, sorry. anyway...

as much complaint as he may, he do has a point, this game is heading to a strange direction 

Refine system is getting too complex for a normal game, especially for a new player.

- there is no clear  in game board information to tell what is best & cost efficient way to refine.

-  unless you gather all the infor from here and there on forum  to find out "the hidden secret"

You have to prepared materials, wait for semi year event to perfectly forge something at low cost.

- How many casual players has that effort to work for these.

- now it take 3 enrich events to "Perfectly profit" the refine

way way back, only ELU and Ori,and it was mvp drop only.  mortal like me.. could not even have chance to touch it.

I was thinking, correctme if i'm wrong, but safe certs only work the way they work here on iRO... Isn't this wrong to do with your players?
I say, almost all refine systems have a chance to fail, only HD ores don't, and sometimes enriched. Then you come and put +7 safe certs to only upgrade ONE level, and if failing you lose ore and cert, instead of INSTANT going to +7. This increases refine costs by how much? 10 times? You realy need to do things like this? Then comes the +7 to +9 time. Hd ores have a TRASH refine rate, refine "events" only increase enriched ores chances, and don't put enriched hammer, meaning: "High rate and BREAK or low rate and lot ores." That's the options you give to players. Finaly at +9, risk +10 with high break chance, try +10 with hd ore and if fail lose ore and 1 refine level, meaning you need to reach +9 again, or, AGAIN, use a MODIFIED safe cert that were made to make instant +10, but, I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FU..., that now have a chance to fail, losing cert and ore.

e9e59245fee2b528ab6e3da6b0658633.gif 

Realy, i want a answer from THE STAFF for "how this helps iro community" and "why is safe certs modified for iro, who have done this"

Edited by Ethanasael, 18 June 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#2 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

it's not modified, it's a different item.

#3 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

refined gears are meant to be rare, what i really dislike is this ridiculous refine event that increases your chances above +10, i think a +12 item should be a sh** motherfuc*** ass kicker, and people would be like "OMG HOW YOU GOT THIS, IT'S +12 THAT'S RIDICULOUS" now +12 for gears and lv4 weapons is barely normal lol (not to mention the +18's lvl 3 weapons lol) soon we will meet the +20's 

#4 RogerKhan

RogerKhan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • LocationVancouver (British Columbia)
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

I agree with you on everything about IRO refine system. Although, in the end, everyone has to survive ,and I kind of feel like it's justify. The refining system had been design to go completely against players. I guess they have no choice but to make it that way to keep the server online so I kind of understand it ...... However, the price of safe to 10 certificate 110m+ for 10%  is completely ridiculous. 

Edited by RogerKhan, 18 June 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#5 KottyM

KottyM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

you-break-it-you-bought-it-for-le-web-qu

5tefUXO.png

0bkaB8r.png

4PgHiVk.png

Edited by kottyxp, 18 June 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

I agree with you on everything about IRO refine system. Although, in the end, everyone has to survive ,and I kind of feel like it's justify. The refining system had been design to go completely against players. I guess they have no choice but to make it that way to keep the server online so I kind of understand it ...... However, the price of safe to 10 certificate 110m+ for 10% is completely ridiculous.

That you need to complain to the community itself. We, the people in the community set such a price.

On another side to this story, to really answer the quote the OP has put down, a very good reason why something like that should not happen is that: if there was no chances to break, the having weapons and armors at +12 will become commonplace for all, which may sound good at first, but look further into thw future and you will realize one thing. That one thing is that it will make upgrading something more expensive than its worth as a future where getting to +12 is so easy that upgrading becomes an unnecessary cost that nobody would want to bother with. With no risk of breaking gears there is also no need to add in upgrade events, but conversely it will also mean upgrade ores go way up in price as +12 is so easily obtainable, people in this community would do anything to cash in on it.

Maybe this doesnt make any sense nor can you see how these things connect to eachother, but i can for sure say thats a possibility.

Edited by PervySageMarty, 18 June 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#7 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

that's how they make $$$ so what are you complaining for lmao. they put normal elu/ori at their standard rate so you hunt mvps for ages and got fancy headgears then you decided to over up then clang clang failed. rinse and repeat until you got mvp card already after years and +10 then sell at higher price. Then they realized ooh the game already took so long and we're not gaining $$$ so they decided to put cash shop items with better ore rates to SPEED UP some things. added cash shop gears as well and they couldn't stop adding more until players are getting upset because they can't compete anymore with those other p2w players. So they complain why putting these OP gears and so on not realizing the developer only make things to be more convenient to players. lol that's the game that we're talking about.

#8 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

Uhhhhh the percentages aren't in your favor.

So yes, upgrading is unfair. Some arrogant players prefer having gear to break and wants safe certs removed completely. Talk about opressive

#9 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

Before the cert is introduced, you have a chance to break everything.

Cert and HD/Enrich is just an alternative refine choice that WP offers to players.

You are always free to refine without cert/HD like old days, since you hate it so much.

But seriously, if I break my farming-for-1month enchanted flattery robe going from +5 to +6 for example,

I will probably quit the game.....instead of buying WP to continue playing RO

Edited by kira26, 18 June 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#10 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

>really bored

>decide to hop on WP forums looking for salt threads

>sees what appears to be salt thread

>was not disappointed

#11 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

Before the cert is introduced, you have a chance to break everything.

You are always free to refine without cert/HD like old days, since you hate it so much.

Breaking gear is fine when the best equipment was farmed in game.

Then once RO introduced kafra items, upgrading these items become more limited.

Imagine that player that spends $100 on kafra boxes. Out of 42 boxes, they get 1 cylinder's hairband. If you upgrade it the normal way and it breaks, well, that's a reason for a player to quit.

So unless RO re-introduce end game gear being from PvM only, upgrading safely is the way to go.

Edited by Demeris, 18 June 2017 - 05:59 PM.

#12 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

Well,RO refine system is dumb,makes no sense but whatever.

#13 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Well,RO refine system is dumb,makes no sense but whatever.

It is unfair.
When you see max refine is 20 and safe refine is 4. There is no way you can make +20 with or without refine event. Maybe still high chance to make it with lvl 3 weapon with refine event. But armor forget it. The chance of getting +20 armor is 0.000001 to none. Might aswell trying to hit lottery jackpot lol

#14 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

It is unfair.
When you see max refine is 20 and safe refine is 4. There is no way you can make +20 with or without refine event. Maybe still high chance to make it with lvl 3 weapon with refine event. But armor forget it. The chance of getting +20 armor is 0.000001 to none. Might aswell trying to hit lottery jackpot lol

Right now with +14 refinement event, many people can reach +14 and +15. In the future there will be a +16 refinement event, +18 refinement event, and lastly the end of RO a final +20 refinement event. kRO has planned this out very well.

#15 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

Life is unfair... deal with it. =)

#16 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

All it take is some self-control guys, the game doesn't get any harder and honestly +9 gears will perform just fine in almost every scenario with exception of a few items that require +10 to unlock its potential. 

This refine event is a good opportunity to get a +12 gears at a discount.  Going for +15 is pretty wasteful in my opinion. 

#17 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:12 AM

if you couldn't afford participating in "arms race", then be a pacifist instead :heh:

Beware of OCD, it could led you to ragequit this game from numerous failures :heh:

#18 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:14 AM

All it take is some self-control guys, the game doesn't get any harder and honestly +9 gears will perform just fine in almost every scenario with exception of a few items that require +10 to unlock its potential.

This refine event is a good opportunity to get a +12 gears at a discount. Going for +15 is pretty wasteful in my opinion.

Depends on what gears you are talking about for Sagittarius +15 is a big waste. But for temp bots +15, eddga weapon it's best

#19 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:22 AM

Realy, i don't care about "i think"s. I'm here Saying, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE THINGS FROM KRO, all we want and ask for our community OUR STAFF says that we can't. If we can't receive things that whole community would like, WHO and WHY THE FU** have modified safe certs??? Like "let's fu** these players asses, let's modify it."

It doesn't matter if you think it "was supposed to be rare", or "it is easy already", or "it's fine this way". I have this feeling:

"If we are supposed to receive things from kRO, why NOT THE GOOD THINGS?"

Realy, iro refine system is a hell, when a starting player will become to have well refined itens? Even the trash ones, let's think on them, will be barely seen. Only high rank or end games itens worth refine, cuz of it's very expensive price and high risk to break, and sometimes both. Things like refine system must be luck or hard work. Count on luck for a cheap refine that can fail, or hard work to have certain, or at least some more, that the item will be refined. This is one of things players on MMO hates, work hard to have some items, and then break at a TRASH refine system.

I have a lot of high level itens, at high refine rate. It don't means that i will not say that this refine system is a trash and not think about other players, new or poor.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

it's not modified, it's a different item.

and btw, iRO is still the server with the most accessible refined items of all servers. It's stupid how common items above +10 are here.

#21 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:17 AM

majority of players are here since 5 years ago, even more, most of these "overrefined" itens, common ones or not, come from them, and you know this. Accessible by MONEY. :D

"it's not modified, it's different"

they only changed the way the item work, copy pasta idea from kro, but instead of keeping it's effect they changed. This seems more a modified item than a "different one".

Edited by Ethanasael, 19 June 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#22 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:20 AM

It is fair, its RNG and you can be on the either side of it. If it is unfair, it will be like certain chars/classes have higher chance to refine and other chars/classes have lower chance. However, its equal chance for everyone, you just may or may not have the luck.

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

Safe certs exist on kRO the same way they work in here(they have up to safe to 19). They also have refinement scrolls that are what make gears instantly that refine(they have up to 14 iirc). 2 different items.

And be it this way or with a guaranteed refine, wouldnt change that it comes from spending money, so a useless point there.

Actually if it was a guaranteed refine ppl would just sell it for even higher amounts of zeny, so it really doesnt changes a thing.

Edited by Ashuckel, 19 June 2017 - 04:33 AM.

#24 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:34 AM

Iro forum complaints = happy Monday morning read

#25 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:45 AM

Warpportal be like we are currently busy with classic issues. Can you chaos folks just shut up and play for now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users