Refine System is UNFAIR - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Refine System is UNFAIR

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:02 AM

It is fair, its RNG and you can be on the either side of it. If it is unfair, it will be like certain chars/classes have higher chance to refine and other chars/classes have lower chance. However, its equal chance for everyone, you just may or may not have the luck.

Who THROW more money to the game have more chances, since hd and enriched are only bought. :D It's not unfair?

#27 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:07 AM

and you just realized it now? it's been like that ever since cash shop was a thing(even before if you count rmt)

#28 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

refined gears are meant to be rare, what i really dislike is this ridiculous refine event that increases your chances above +10, i think a +12 item should be a sh** motherfuc*** ass kicker, and people would be like "OMG HOW YOU GOT THIS, IT'S +12 THAT'S RIDICULOUS" now +12 for gears and lv4 weapons is barely normal lol (not to mention the +18's lvl 3 weapons lol) soon we will meet the +20's 

This is a testament to how poorly designed renewal was. Before +10 was the absolute limit, so people got happy with +7s, and some people had +8s and it was like "whoa". Now, since the limit is +20, it should not be that difficult to make +10 stuff, +12s should be the new +6 an +14 the new +7s, and +16 the new +8s. The problem is that they add ridiculous bonuses to refines that make +12 items extremely powerful, +14 items broken and those above it ridiculous. Refinement system is likely the worst of ragnarok's current systems, and should be completely revamped, including items that have special benefits for refines, like BXB, HWHB, and others.

Uhhhhh the percentages aren't in your favor.

So yes, upgrading is unfair. Some arrogant players prefer having gear to break and wants safe certs removed completely. Talk about opressive

+1

#29 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:14 AM

This is a testament to how poorly designed renewal was. Before +10 was the absolute limit, so people got happy with +7s, and some people had +8s and it was like "whoa". Now, since the limit is +20, it should not be that difficult to make +10 stuff, +12s should be the new +6 an +14 the new +7s, and +16 the new +8s. The problem is that they add ridiculous bonuses to refines that make +12 items extremely powerful, +14 items broken and those above it ridiculous. Refinement system is likely the worst of ragnarok's current systems, and should be completely revamped, including items that have special benefits for refines, like BXB, HWHB, and others.

+1

Agree completely with EVERY word you said. In my view, before renewal having +10 HARD to reach was a must. Now the limit is Doubled, whole refine system must be reviewed.

Edited by Ethanasael, 19 June 2017 - 07:15 AM.

#30 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

Well, I dont agree with the part of refinement with newbies. Newbies should stick with Eden gears, no need to even worry about refining and over-upgrading until they are at least a few months into the game lmao. The game will be considerably harder without OP gears, but still perfectly playable.

#31 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:20 AM

I think it's fair. In fact I think it's too easy to refine in this game.

#32 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

to refine, yes, click npc. to suceed... there comes...

#33 DoentMatter2U

DoentMatter2U

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 342 posts
  • LocationGreenland
  • Server:Loki - Chaos - Odin

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

+1

I vote server wipe both classic and chaos :)

#34 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:51 AM

I vote server wipe both classic and chaos :)

Agree, i would like to see some hypocritic eat their words.

#35 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:57 AM

Agree completely with EVERY word you said. In my view, before renewal having +10 HARD to reach was a must. Now the limit is Doubled, whole refine system must be reviewed.

so you want hard refining but want safe +7 guaranteed success? I really don't get it

cert are farmable in game, either by exchanging upgraded stuff via eat gear mimic or exchange monster drop to eve natalia, or you can farm zeny and buy from vendor. so not guaranteed success is fair.

#36 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:32 AM

Good morning,

Please be polite to one another, asking any user to leave the game or shut up is never constructive.

If you feel you are unable to contribute then I will ask you politely to just observe for now.

Non constructive postings were removed.

#37 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

i would say, creating monthly subscription base sever would be great.. without any kafra items... but i know that will never happen.

also, refine system is RO is pretty -_-... it kinda work when the item could only go up to +10....now that we have +20, they need to change something.

but then again, this is RO so nothing will change.

I like RO so i would not quite, but i would restrain myself from any gambling feature of the game. 

I definitely know how you feel about the refine system in the game, but unfortunately (as you well know) nothing would change.. 

#38 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:45 AM

i would say, creating monthly subscription base sever would be great.. without any kafra items... but i know that will never happen.

also, refine system is RO is pretty -_-... it kinda work when the item could only go up to +10....now that we have +20, they need to change something.

but then again, this is RO so nothing will change.

I like RO so i would not quite, but i would restrain myself from any gambling feature of the game.

I definitely know how you feel about the refine system in the game, but unfortunately (as you well know) nothing would change..

Subscription use to be how things work...

The problem is that it doesn't make a lot money. No one wants to see increased monthly subscription, so the best way is just to start selling premium digital items.

#39 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

Subscription use to be how things work...

The problem is that it doesn't make a lot money. No one wants to see increased monthly subscription, so the best way is just to start selling premium digital items.

true and agreed. so many MMORPG has such model its kinda sad to see..

i can't blame warpportal for doing it because IT IS A BUSINESS after all.

we can only hope that things will get better..

#40 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

Sorry Cinnamon. And yes, paid server works much better, first for the bot accounts not having access.

#41 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

Sorry Cinnamon. And yes, paid server works much better, first for the bot accounts not having access.

sadly when the game was that way there were still bots running around (a big number actually), but that changed when they made ymir wich brought all the bots to them. also since this is a bussines they will stay doing the thing that brings them the most money (a broken upgrading system with events that makes it bearable altough you have to pay for the items, and putting best in slot OP items in gamble box) even at the cost of the game, but hey, this game is so old and should have died long ago,but since it is still living, might as well milk what is left of it.

#42 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

iRO and many other MMORPGs have abandoned subscription method long time ago because most players dont want to pay for the game but they always unbelievable expectations. 

The subscription method only works with quality and dedicated players who dont mind supporting the game and receiving good services in return

#43 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

It is unfair.
When you see max refine is 20 and safe refine is 4. There is no way you can make +20 with or without refine event. Maybe still high chance to make it with lvl 3 weapon with refine event. But armor forget it. The chance of getting +20 armor is 0.000001 to none. Might aswell trying to hit lottery jackpot lol

You cannot get anything past +10 without cash shop and it's expensive as *** to reach +10 without cash shop 

I think it's fair. In fact I think it's too easy to refine in this game.

It is,if you spend a lot in the cash shop  :heh:

#44 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

At the end of the day, I think it is up to him/herself.

If you try to test your luck with 'unfair' system, and gets nothing out of it, you can't blame anyone else but urself.

RO may be a game, but it is a business for warpportal, so they have right to implement any system that they need/want in order to grow their business.

ps. i spent well over $3000 on this game through past 10 years or so. so i am a sucker for falling into the system too =P

#45 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:03 AM

I almost quit a couple of days ago aftr losing bigtime

But well yeah you cant always be lucky the same way you cant always be unlucky, just accept it bruh

(Also I agree getting +8 back then is more thrilling and at the same time heartbreaking than going over 10 in renewal)

...and I still have crappy luck anyway

#46 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

*eats my salty popcorn*

To be honest. Everything is unfair. not everything will be in favor to you.

there will be days that lady luck shines upon you.....

There will be days that Lady unluck shines upon you....

(to be honest , I don't have a guts to try the event, i don't want to loose my +7 weapon. So I'm just waiting for the return of our lord and savior, God of Refine, Enriched Hammer)

Edited by Icarus05, 19 June 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#47 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

My +15 OMBH went down to +14, the upgrading is rigged.

#48 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:31 AM

$50 worth of Ore and no +15 Crimson. I gave up.

#49 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:53 AM

I read the thread title as refine system is FUNFAIR.
Well, it is funfair to me since i can try full potential of each rockridge set by making all pieces to +9.

#50 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:33 AM

I read the thread title as refine system is FUNFAIR.
Well, it is funfair to me since i can try full potential of each rockridge set by making all pieces to +9.

Wasted 1k more coins already and couldn't get any well enchanted gear  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  at least the coins are questable, not cash shop item.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users