The state of Classic (last ditch effort) - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

The state of Classic (last ditch effort)

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#26 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

Would googling how to GRF edit a legit and fair tactic? I hope these things I find on private servers are fair to use

#27 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:34 AM

They can still actually take a look at evidence, especially the ones self incriminating themselves in their own videos, lol. Sure there are a lot of things hard for them to prove, but they aren't even handling the obvious ones that are indisputable.

#28 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:31 AM

how is classic server for newbies? (not new at RO but people who does not have characters in classic).

Are prices overpriced ? is it hard for new comers to do any WOE/MVP becuase major guilds has control over everything?

it's actualy ezpz, but monotonous. you've gotta be willing to grind for cash (strawberries/ahorns? for vending, sleepers -> great natures -> break down ores -> npc if not i guess) unless you're playing a class that doesn't particularly need gear (wiz, sage, various classes that can duo with a priest). it's gonna take a bit, and you might have to run around pront asking to buy things when you do have the cash, but it can be done. obviously, KP stuff will help loads.

woe is rough. if you're not 9x trans with at least bg gears, ehhhhhhhh i would reconsider my time spent. maybe if you can afford an emp scalpel (or make an ice pick, iirc they're still decent, just not ideal) try to ninja something in the end? this is of course if you're trying to start a guild with friends. if you join one, you can still help even as nontrans.

no comment on mvping as i haven't tried yet, but there's always ET.

also hi people who are asking for merge i don't wanna play your game thanks

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

It's actually a bitch once you hit 70

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

depends a bit on your class and knowledge of the game also

#31 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:11 AM

1776.png

dehumanize yourself and face to ice dungeon forever. the TI goes til 80 i believe and this is only a bandaid because of the spotlight. but, for now, there's a reliable way to get to 80 at least, and then hello bg weapon and rachel sanc/high orcs/anubs forever i guess.

again goats does not apply because if you're a wizard, go do magma 1, and if you're not, you probably don't have an ice pick ready. if you're a sage, hope ya got thunderstorm for id3!

there are ways to do things. options are the problem. this is probably not possible without overhauling so much monster junk and that's not gonna happen, so see you in ice dungeon 1/3 i guess

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

They can still actually take a look at evidence, especially the ones self incriminating themselves in their own videos, lol. Sure there are a lot of things hard for them to prove, but they aren't even handling the obvious ones that are indisputable.

They just don't care. I have gotten a few really obvious cheaters banned. Half of them get unbanned because they and their friends will go to great lengths to try to make it look like what they were doing is legit.

One time Haseo reported an RK that was obviously cheating and that person got banned. I jokingly said to tell the GMs that Haseo was the one cheating by having his client edited and that's why it looked that way in his video. They told the GMs exactly that and he was unbanned.
It's a huge joke, Campitor personally has been presented with damning proof about things and he did absolutely nothing or said that he would look into it, but it never goes anywhere.

Renouille had a video of a person botting, which was damning and undeniable, but Heimdallr said that people deserve second chances and unbanned him without wiping anything.

One of the  bots has a known flaw where is disconnects at certain time periods and the GMs sometimes ban people off of that. A lot of people have been falsely banned because of it too.

#33 Bohem

Bohem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationMage Class Forum..?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:19 AM

dun they still have HO clocktower dungeon? i remember mobbing there / 1v1 party with priest would get you decent EXP. 

#34 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

dun they still have HO clocktower dungeon? i remember mobbing there / 1v1 party with priest would get you decent EXP. 

they do, but i believe west HOs got a significant buff. don't quote me on numbers, but it did feel pretty sweet the few times i went there in the past month or two.

#35 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

I don't think saying that there are only ~5 guilds woeing would be a reason, sure there wasn't another reason? lol

This is what I post exactly.

"lol, chaos woe has only like 3 guilds."

not sure what the reason was rofl.....

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

1776.png

dehumanize yourself and face to ice dungeon forever. the TI goes til 80 i believe and this is only a bandaid because of the spotlight. but, for now, there's a reliable way to get to 80 at least, and then hello bg weapon and rachel sanc/high orcs/anubs forever i guess.

again goats does not apply because if you're a wizard, go do magma 1, and if you're not, you probably don't have an ice pick ready. if you're a sage, hope ya got thunderstorm for id3!

there are ways to do things. options are the problem. this is probably not possible without overhauling so much monster junk and that's not gonna happen, so see you in ice dungeon 1/3 i guess

There's a couple of problems with these methods;

Finding a party is hard. Finding a priest is hard. Ice titan parties aren't entirely all welcoming either. A new player to the server was told he couldn't join because of his guild. Which is kinda whatever - it says a lot about the community when ice titan parties turn into drama as they split hairs over something that person isn't even involved in.

Secondly waiting for your first bg weapon, again - this is nonsense. BG doesn't run that often and when it does it's because a specific guild or group have decided to make it happen. If you're not on at that random time, you could be waiting weeks to make a bg weapon.

Now having played on renewal all I can say is the bounty boards are fantastic. Options are important when there's only one pvm area in which people make a lot of drama or you have to wait for a party spot. Not everyone is in or joins a guild straight away, which is why we need more stuff to do for news as well as older players. 

Like for older players for example a TI in biolabs for gsbs would encourage them to add newer players to their party for exp as well as get them playing outside of the guild dungeon. 

I'm trying to keep the subject off woe, though there is a HELL of a lot wrong with woe. We have more guilds than renewal, but who knows how long that will last? 

#37 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

They just don't care. I have gotten a few really obvious cheaters banned. Half of them get unbanned because they and their friends will go to great lengths to try to make it look like what they were doing is legit.

One time Haseo reported an RK that was obviously cheating and that person got banned. I jokingly said to tell the GMs that Haseo was the one cheating by having his client edited and that's why it looked that way in his video. They told the GMs exactly that and he was unbanned.
It's a huge joke, Campitor personally has been presented with damning proof about things and he did absolutely nothing or said that he would look into it, but it never goes anywhere.

Renouille had a video of a person botting, which was damning and undeniable, but Heimdallr said that people deserve second chances and unbanned him without wiping anything.

One of the  bots has a known flaw where is disconnects at certain time periods and the GMs sometimes ban people off of that. A lot of people have been falsely banned because of it too.

Yeah, it's sad, report some of the same people using the same cheats over like a year time period and nothing is done about it, some of them even taunt you about it because they know absolutely nothing is done for it.

Edit: Proposal- What if we were to get "Guild Instances" developed? Holding WoE castles could unlock a weekly or daily instance that guilds could complete together for some sorts of rewards. It would be a bit like Okolnir or something but have rewards for all participants instead of being a god item creation. I think it would promote both people to join guilds, as well as for guilds to join woe, and promoting party play all at the same time.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 19 June 2017 - 11:26 AM.

#38 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:28 AM

I feel like I've seen these discussions before.... and they were all locked and removed....

Why do the same players keep bringing up the same topics about things they already know about? These type of threads really doesn't add any value to the game. Even players who look at this thread just looks at this thread and sees "blah blah blah WoE" and immediately roll their eyes and confirm to themselves that they're glad they're not WoEing.

Lets talk more about the positive things. I think Campitor and CM Astra are doing a fantastic job in providing new content to the game. It's easy to see that Astra is motivated with her job as CM and I can see she really wants to make a difference. Campitor I am more concered about. I don't know if he's in anymore control of his life after seeing how big his cat has gotten. For all we know, the cat is snding out campitor in releasing more content to buff dorams and make them more unkillable.

#39 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

If you don't care about WoE why do you keep posting in the Woe threads? Some people have a passion for this aspect of the game thus want to discuss how it can be saved rather than letting it die. If people roll their eyes and don't care about it, then they don't have to read it? It won't apply to them. And yeah Astra has been amazing as a CM, really glad how well she's been doing.

#40 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

If you don't care about WoE why do you keep posting in the Woe threads? Some people have a passion for this aspect of the game thus want to discuss how it can be saved rather than letting it die. If people roll their eyes and don't care about it, then they don't have to read it? It won't apply to them. And yeah Astra has been amazing as a CM, really glad how well she's been doing.

well, I say this maybe a bit rude. I think she doesn't know the game well(except story line I guess...)

#41 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:41 AM

well, I say this maybe a bit rude. I think she doesn't know the game well(except story line I guess...)

But for the short amount of time she has been on the Staff she has done pretty well, she is fairly knowledgeable despite being newer. And she will learn more as time progresses of course. TBH- not many of the staff have ever really proven to know all that much about the game anyhow :P

#42 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

the developers don't know the game themselves, WP staff knowing a bit is a great advance already :P

#43 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

party??? 420 solo siromas every day. 157 flee ain't hard to get by 70.

actual things people might not realize you need to be effective on classic:

-make an endow slave (sp slave later on if you wanna get crazy self-sufficient)

-also make a buffslave

-yeah sorry this game is really biased towards being solo and getting as much benefit as possible without sharing exp

also re: ice titan parties i will usually come up with any excuse to keep the party smaller unless we absolutely need them because a) efficiency, sorry i get to level weird alts like once a week and we don't need a second wizard or a regular priest and b) enough people have just tried to screw with my parties after being told no that i am grumpy and don't care anymore.

when bg is not running, make money + buy things. 100 badges isn't the worst, but odin help you if you go for a medal of honor jeez man that's not the first priority

also hello renewal people this is not about renewal hope your dorams and woe or whatever are fine but they don't really apply here

Edited by ClickyHpen, 19 June 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#44 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Because some players refuse to accept the fact that things are a certain way because of how old this game is.

I've WoE'd since this game was created. Nearly every wednesday and saturday, I had to log on for WoE. It use to be a fun thing to do, then when you get older, you have less time, and WoE becomes more of a job.

More importantly, WoE doesn't make Warp portal any money and can harm the game even more by having self-righteous players like yourself trying to be vigilantes in accusing other players, which may even lead to attacking an innocent player.

You are the only guild leader on chaos renewal (maybe even all of iRO renewal) to continually push these topics, even when the threads last week were all locked.

So you can stop thinking about what you're trying to do is right. It's not okay to make whatever accusations or gm problems you have publicly posted on the forums. Let that all be done in tickets because that's where those types of reports go to.

I've done my fair share of reporting. Same with a lot of players I know who's seen the botting and client edits in game. But you don't see me or any other players trying to start something about it on the forums continually. If the GMs don't do anything about it, then that's it. Stop trying to act special just because Campitor sometimes responds to your personal PMs. Take advice from the other guild leaders like Lambor, who is a great guy and doesn't go on warp portal complaining when his guild loses in WoE.

Edited by Demeris, 19 June 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#45 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

lol, aco is back at it

disingenuous as big a weasel as ever

Edited by mildcontempt, 19 June 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#46 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:56 AM

Because some players refuse to accept the fact that things are a certain way because of how old this game is.

I've WoE'd since this game was created. Nearly every wednesday and saturday, I had to log on for WoE. It use to be a fun thing to do, then when you get older, you have less time, and WoE becomes more of a job.

More importantly, WoE doesn't make Warp portal any money and can harm the game even more by having self-righteous players like yourself trying to be vigilantes in accusing other players, which may even lead to attacking an innocent player.

You are the only guild leader on chaos renewal (maybe even all of iRO renewal) to continually push these topics, even when the threads last week were all locked.

So you can stop thinking about what you're trying to do is right. It's not okay to make whatever accusations or gm problems you have publicly posted on the forums. Let that all be done in tickets because that's where those types of reports go to.

I've done my fair share of reporting. Same with a lot of players I know who's seen the botting and client edits in game. But you don't see me or any other players trying to start something about it on the forums continually. If the GMs don't do anything about it, then that's it. Stop trying to act special just because Campitor sometimes responds to your personal PMs. Take advice from the other guild leaders like Lambor, who is a great guy and doesn't go on warp portal complaining when his guild loses in WoE.

Windy is 1 of the currently 3 active guilds that have been in the battles, he's been posting too, so your point is wrong.

And am I accusing people directly? No. However that's what you keep doing in every single on of these threads, thus why they get locked...

And WoE makes money, people buy VIP to have access to warps, people buy cash shop buffs for WoE, people buy lucky boxes to obtain gears for WoE.

#47 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

the developers don't know the game themselves

lol...how to make the game without knowing the game :hmm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, the main problem of the game is not on client editing. You guys are focusing on a wrong facet. Client editing only improve a bit compares to fake data package spam kinda cheat to the server. Some other server like cRO, jRO(maybe), and a private server I know have data package encryption, which prevents people to read the information from the data package they catch from the server using software like Wireshark, etc. I really hope they actually get this technology from other servers. And re-encrypt the package before every woe. 90% of bot or cheat program might not work at all if those programs cant even send fake data packages to the server.

#48 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

lol...how to make the game without knowing the game :hmm:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, the main problem of the game is not on client editing. You guys are focusing on a wrong facet. Client editing only improve a bit compares to fake data package spam kinda cheat to the server. Some other server like cRO, jRO(maybe), and a private server I know have data package encryption, which prevents people to read the information from the data package they catch from the server using software like Wireshark, etc. I really hope they actually get this technology from other servers. And re-encrypt the package before every woe. 90% of bot or cheat program might not work at all if those programs cant even send fake data packages to the server.

Some GRF edits can enlarge certain things to make players easier to target.

Examples:

enlarging guild icons to make them much easier to see on screen

Making barricades smaller to target people underneath them

Enlarging quve sprites to make people using transform candy more obvious

And nodelay is a grf thing too which has obviously massive effects too.

The amount of cheats people use is various.

#49 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Some GRF edits can enlarge certain things to make players easier to target.

Examples:

enlarging guild icons to make them much easier to see on screen

Making barricades smaller to target people underneath them

Enlarging quve sprites to make people using transform candy more obvious

And nodelay is a grf thing too which has obviously massive effects too.

The amount of cheats people use is various.

For this case, I think enlarge a spr isn't really a big issue since you can't really tell what class is that. However, cheat program can let you aim exactly what class or name you want during woe, even same spot with like 5 people stack together...

#50 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Windy is 1 of the currently 3 active guilds that have been in the battles, he's been posting too, so your point is wrong.
And am I accusing people directly? No. However that's what you keep doing in every single on of these threads, thus why they get locked...
And WoE makes money, people buy VIP to have access to warps, people buy cash shop buffs for WoE, people buy lucky boxes to obtain gears for WoE.

3 woe guilds. And windy's WoE guild actually have the balls to fight animosity, unlike the 3rd.

Money from WoE is very limited. It's nothing compared to opening a op PvM items like cylinder's and making bank off that one item. Besides, the individual player wastes more money prepping for WoE, and get 0 returns for participating in it. That's just how it is, and people get ViP for the exp and drop bonus. Rarely will someone wants VIP just for woe warps and inns lol

<snip>

Edited by CMAstra, 19 June 2017 - 01:17 PM.
Please avoid targeting others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users