The state of Classic (last ditch effort) - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

The state of Classic (last ditch effort)

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

party??? 420 solo siromas every day. 157 flee ain't hard to get by 70.

actual things people might not realize you need to be effective on classic:

-make an endow slave (sp slave later on if you wanna get crazy self-sufficient)

-also make a buffslave

-yeah sorry this game is really biased towards being solo and getting as much benefit as possible without sharing exp

also re: ice titan parties i will usually come up with any excuse to keep the party smaller unless we absolutely need them because a) efficiency, sorry i get to level weird alts like once a week and we don't need a second wizard or a regular priest and B) enough people have just tried to screw with my parties after being told no that i am grumpy and don't care anymore.

when bg is not running, make money + buy things. 100 badges isn't the worst, but odin help you if you go for a medal of honor jeez man that's not the first priority

also hello renewal people this is not about renewal hope your dorams and woe or whatever are fine but they don't really apply here

Have you tried doing this with zero starting out zeny or gear? It's an mmo people play it to interact with others. You should really try making a char on renewal and just see how much more awesome the levelling experience is even solo, via the bounty board system. 

Personally on classic I just had out mercs + 5m zeny and say "this is how you do anubis". That's the easiest way to level with the cursed set anyway. Then leech them 89-99 in thors. Encourage people to make knight/LK to get ez income in luina, but those players are hidden and not helping in community building.

If classic was fine as it is this wouldn't even be a discussion.

#52 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:09 PM

3 woe guilds. And windy's WoE guild actually have the balls to fight animosity, unlike the 3rd.

Money from WoE is very limited. It's nothing compared to opening a op PvM items like cylinder's and making bank off that one item. Besides, the individual player wastes more money prepping for WoE, and get 0 returns for participating in it. That's just how it is, and people get ViP for the exp and drop bonus. Rarely will someone wants VIP just for woe warps and inns lol

Like I said, you're just a guild leader to a dead content who doesn't understand how woe is since the beginning of this game. Just teach your guild how to play better so you guys will actually try and fight bigger guilds instead of trying viet name the last 10 minutes of woe

Lol, shows your intellect.

"I don't woe" *makes up false BS about woe that he just stated he doesn't even go to*

We fight Animo alongside Windy and his guild.

And no amount of skill will ever allow us to see hidden people in a woe where maya P is disabled and no amount of skill will ever be equivalent to auto-target and no-delay.

#53 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:13 PM

Some GRF edits can enlarge certain things to make players easier to target.
Examples:
enlarging guild icons to make them much easier to see on screen
Making barricades smaller to target people underneath them
Enlarging quve sprites to make people using transform candy more obvious
And nodelay is a grf thing too which has obviously massive effects too.
The amount of cheats people use is various.

I use to play a lot of mado mechs in in WoE. One thing I used was Quve candy.

Here's what I saw from opposing guilds; they had client edits that REMOVED the sprite. This way, they can still post woe videos and make it looks like it's all natural in the eyes of any player. But seeing other players do his, I realize I had to be more creative.

That's why I'm telling you this, whatever problems you have, don't rely on the GMs to do anything. You either get better or be like what your guild was always known for, a last minute fort breaking castle

#54 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

I use to play a lot of mado mechs in in WoE. One thing I used was Quve candy.

Here's what I saw from opposing guilds; they had client edits that REMOVED the sprite. This way, they can still post woe videos and make it looks like it's all natural in the eyes of any player. But seeing other players do his, I realize I had to be more creative.

That's why I'm telling you this, whatever problems you have, don't rely on the GMs to do anything. You either get better or be like what your guild was always known for, a last minute fort breaking castle

Removing the sprite was actually an edit from the kaleidoscope project that section 18 was working on, which I think feel through for one reason or another. It was supposed to bring a lot of stuff to the client that would've been "extras"

And there you are once again making baseless accusations. Could say similar things about stuff your guild has done/does.

And still acting as if there is a way to "get better" than fighting someone who is cheating. If you fight a computer at chess that knows every single possible outcome, how do you get better to combat it? You don't it will always be 500 steps ahead of you.

#55 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

how is classic server for newbies? (not new at RO but people who does not have characters in classic).

Are prices overpriced ? is it hard for new comers to do any WOE/MVP becuase major guilds has control over everything?

Not for newbie. I've played classic (the real classic) and I know how to level even without that janeway thingy but classic leveling without a gear/zeny is grindy. Not hard but it will take time. Back to Loki, people there already know each other and if you are new it's likely hard to find a company unless you have already. Most people there will ignore you wouldn't even lend a hand and only a few will do and they are like seals- they are endangered.

I wouldn't know about prices there as I haven't been there long.

So, to survive in classic you have to:

1. Find people who can help you.

2. Make a useful/party-sought class.

#56 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Removing the sprite was actually an edit from the kaleidoscope project that section 18 was working on, which I think feel through for one reason or another. It was supposed to bring a lot of stuff to the client that would've been "extras"

And there you are once again making baseless accusations. Could say similar things about stuff your guild has done/does.
And still acting as if there is a way to "get better" than fighting someone who is cheating. If you fight a computer at chess that knows every single possible outcome, how do you get better to combat it? You don't it will always be 500 steps ahead of you.

Yeah, and some players in the guild I was playing against had early access to Kaleidoscope thanks to someone sharing it with a guild leader "to test" that lead to more players having access to them.

Every guild I've met, including yours, have players not playing by the rules. Maybe you should report your own guild members first, but obviously no one is that dumb to do something like that.

Discussing about WoE is discussing an ugly side of the game. It is never a welcoming conversation to talk to anyone about.

Edited by Demeris, 19 June 2017 - 12:25 PM.

#57 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

If you want to play on Classic to only PvM, you may have a harder time starting out.

From what I know though, if your intent is to WoE, people like Xellie and Clicky will help dedicated players.
Xellie has helped a ton of people and some of them are still with her afaik. You just have to be willing to approach someone and ask for help.
Classic WoE used to be fun but it seems really back and forth now, but the people still playing must enjoy it.

#58 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, and some players in the guild I was playing against had early access to Kaleidoscope thanks to someone sharing it with a guild leader "to test" that lead to more players having access to them.

Every guild I've met, including yours, have players not playing by the rules. Maybe you should report your own guild members first, but obviously no one is that dumb to do something like that.

Discussing about WoE is discussing an ugly side of the game. It is never a welcoming conversation to talk to anyone about.

We have reported members before, we found people who botted in our guild, so we'd follow them, record them and report them. Are you saying guilds shouldn't report their own members?

And yeah if a guild passed out something like that it is kinda unfair, but then again it's also kinda weird that this game hs players developing things for them to implement like that in the first place, it is rather unorthodox.

And as you said earlier, I shouldn't expect GM's to uphold rules and actually go after people who cheat? Just sit back and ignore it? It's a problem that persists across all 3 servers, people getting reported for illegal activities and never getting punished for them.

If any of the servers are to get a balanced state for their WoE's they need cheaters punished as well as other edits including either balances or rewards.

#59 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:38 PM

We have reported members before, we found people who botted in our guild, so we'd follow them, record them and report them. Are you saying guilds shouldn't report their own members?
And yeah if a guild passed out something like that it is kinda unfair, but then again it's also kinda weird that this game hs players developing things for them to implement like that in the first place, it is rather unorthodox.
And as you said earlier, I shouldn't expect GM's to uphold rules and actually go after people who cheat? Just sit back and ignore it? It's a problem that persists across all 3 servers, people getting reported for illegal activities and never getting punished for them.
If any of the servers are to get a balanced state for their WoE's they need cheaters punished as well as other edits including either balances or rewards.

Krit... i would enjoy a more equally and fair experience for RO.

But you just gotta accept the reality of how this game is and the team that are running it. I want you to find some time and go to one of warp portal's game day, or meet them at a convention. The staff that runs the the game are fantastic people. But i know they don't have the capabilities to make it always run it as efficiently as they like. Again, this game is old. If you want to do something more alligned with how you want this game to be operated, apply for jobs at warp portal.

Edited by Demeris, 19 June 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

I report my own members.

Cheaters suck.

Anyway sucks to hear renewal is having such problems, perhaps you guys should make your own thread =P

#61 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

I report my own members.

Cheaters suck.

Anyway sucks to hear renewal is having such problems, perhaps you guys should make your own thread =P

We did, staff keeps hiding them under the rug, a lot of these problems seem more generic to all the servers.

#62 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

We did, staff keeps hiding them under the rug, a lot of these problems seem more generic to all the servers.

Well at the very least, it shows how lacking certain things are across the board. If we didn't have updates coming down the pipe, Renewal would be the same as Classic.
Cheaters run rampant on both servers and it's because they know they can get away with it, and like you said, some of them will even rub it in your face.

I seriously and genuinely think that Classic is an afterthought now. Especially with this sloppy Rockridge "update" they just received. I remember being excited about quests and events back in the day, but everything that Classic gets is lackluster and boring. That's if they even get anything.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

I could tell you some crazy stories about Classic WoE but truth be told I've given up. Sure there are cheaters, but most of them are bad - the main thing that hurts is the population being so low. A small guild only has either a 2~3 main guild or a 30 man guild to play vs.... there's not enough guilds but until the underlying population issues of classic are addressed, there will not be any new guilds.

That's why my focus is on polishing the pvm experience.

#64 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

If you want to play on Classic to only PvM, you may have a harder time starting out.

From what I know though, if your intent is to WoE, people like Xellie and Clicky will help dedicated players.
Xellie has helped a ton of people and some of them are still with her afaik. You just have to be willing to approach someone and ask for help.
Classic WoE used to be fun but it seems really back and forth now, but the people still playing must enjoy it.

I always do but when I went to Xellie's she's not there. :sob: Even if I left a message to her fellow guildies they don't respond and I usually think that the people in classic have reached enlightenment. They are one with the NPC now. :heh:

Joking aside, I always visit there whenever I logged on classic and inviting people to join Thor. That last part is not a joke either.

#65 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

We are just angry on how GM made a post calls "Renewal WoE Revitalization Project" more than 1 year ago and actually did nothing. No updates or so, endless discussion with so-call "HQ", but never show what work had been done. They released unfrozen set to some people, non vip can't even get one during the event. The set is still unavailable to all the new players, which is super unfair for them to join woe.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

I always do but when I went to Xellie's she's not there. :sob: Even if I left a message to her fellow guildies they don't respond and I usually think that the people in classic have reached enlightenment. They are one with the NPC now. :heh:

Joking aside, I always visit there whenever I logged on classic and inviting people to join Thor. That last part is not a joke either.

It's called an afk spot for a reason!  :p_laugh:

But yeah I'm not there much anymore, I've been busy irl so that's impacted on my ability to help newbies. 

#67 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:55 PM

I tried classic for a little bit a while back, it was ok to me but there was a lot of things different that I couldn't really understand, not many active people to ask for help if they were willing to respond at all, and genuinely felt like it was kinda forced to spend some money for fencer scrolls at a certain point to level up. Most of the leveling seemed to be based on guild parties or just hard to find out where people went on classic. The game has some built in boards that used to mention events and stuff, if they brought them back into use it would be helpful for people to know the current going-ons of where to level and such.

Maybe if they built in some sort of event where playing on classic = renewal rewards and playing on renewal = classic rewards would be useful. It could circulate players into both servers and maybe leave lasting members on each. Getting people more into the vibe of playing on both and helping each server to thrive at the same time, as well as being a motivator for the main server people play on.

#68 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

I actually loved the Classic lvling event last Summer. It actually brought a lot of people together form both servers, even if briefly.

Heimdallr wanted to actually allow people that had characters of a certain lvl to get a free 99 character on Classic. I still think this would be a decent idea.
Leveling is probably one of the most off putting things that older players remember. Renewal has definitely spoiled a lot of people.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

You mean like that get a 99 on classic get a renewal hat event they had?

#70 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

That brought me and a few guildies over for a little bit, I'm sure atleast some people stayed. They could also do something like getting people to play in classic woe = the reward for renewal. Keep them coming back to keep woe scene alive each week.

#71 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

noooooo noooooo renewal hissssssss we were doing so good. i know you got problems but man c'mon there's like one classic thread a week

i have actually made a character fresh, got it to 53? i think without janeway and then realized i have a million alts and don't wanna spend stream time on it. then again, that was literally when i first started streaming years ago, so maybe it's time to give it another go. still think it'll be e----z though. without game knowledge? probs not, but dem's the breaks.

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

That brought me and a few guildies over for a little bit, I'm sure atleast some people stayed. They could also do something like getting people to play in classic woe = the reward for renewal. Keep them coming back to keep woe scene alive each week.

there's no real way for them to track who plays in WoE unless the renewal people were rewarded on making a guild and taking a castle. But that won't achieve much with 19/20 castles being empty. 

#73 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

I mean, I know you probably didn't enjoy it as much as us Renewal players did, but I loved that.
I think that having a way for Thor players and others that missed the event to start out at least at the trans lvl would be a nice addition.
There's not a lot of room for abuse now that established people can churn out 99s.

Some of my fondest memories on Classic was lvling with Scuba in Thors. I wish they would just do something to stimulate the PvM on Classic at the very least, it's fun to actually party and do things with cool people. I don't know if you still broadcast ET, but just the banter from a group of friends is badass. So many people on Renewal are used to doing things solo on a Gene or RK.

#74 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

there's no real way for them to track who plays in WoE unless the renewal people were rewarded on making a guild and taking a castle. But that won't achieve much with 19/20 castles being empty. 

True, don't really know where any of our servers would get new players, we don't really have advertisement for the game, recruiting to a server basically means taking them from one of the other servers =\

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

I mean, I know you probably didn't enjoy it as much as us Renewal players did, but I loved that.
I think that having a way for Thor players and others that missed the event to start out at least at the trans lvl would be a nice addition.
There's not a lot of room for abuse now that established people can churn out 99s.

Some of my fondest memories on Classic was lvling with Scuba in Thors. I wish they would just do something to stimulate the PvM on Classic at the very least, it's fun to actually party and do things with cool people. I don't know if you still broadcast ET, but just the banter from a group of friends is badass. So many people on Renewal are used to doing things solo on a Gene or RK.

Actually I made lots of new friends, it was a great event ^-^ and they even helped me out in return when I played renewal. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users