Warpportal Energy Shortage in THOR - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Warpportal Energy Shortage in THOR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#1 Quahog

Quahog

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

MABUHAY! 

The shortage of warpportal energy in thor is getting ridiculous. The main reason is people doesn't want to spend real money in an expensive game. most players from this server is from a 3rd world country but the rate of the cash shop items / WPE conversion of money is still catered for 1st world countries

for computation: 

I, for one, am in the labor force but I earn 20,000 ph peso a month only.  that's 400 roughly US dollars. 

The Necessities:

-House/Apartment rate ranges from 40~100$

-Food 1-2$ per meal which means 60-90$ a month if you eat 3 times a day

-Electricity Bills/Phone Bills will range from 50$ to 150$ a month

-Government Monthly Contributions is 20$ at most

-TAX is 30$

the other part is for the savings for future/emergencies

pRO KP rates were catered to filipinos who earns this much. that's why we were never ran out of sellers of KP products (heck the management even scammed the players and the players still bought from them)

the thing is, even if there were events like the refine events etc, only a few people can participate in it. I'm a looter/PVM/quest type of player so I earn zeny but I still can't buy WPE/KP products from players because of the shortage of it in the server.

I hope the management of this game can implement the "Regional Pricing" to cater those from 3rd world countries. Sorry if our economy / country is poor. sorry if I'm poor.

PS:

Please check if you're one of these people, If you are, please feel free to comment and give your opinion, otherwise, your opinion is not needed here. Thanks

1. Thor Server Player

2. Resident of a 3rd world country

3. A moderator

4. A Person who works with Warpportal

EDIT:

considering pervysagemarty and ashuckle's input

1. https://www.dragonpay.ph/

2. http://www.pesopay.com/

3. 7-eleven / Mini Stop

4. http://www.aurumpay.com/

5. http://www.asiapay.com.ph/

6. http://www.ipay88.com.ph/

7. http://www.paynamics.com/

8. https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/

9. https://www.bdo.com.ph/

Edited by Quahog, 20 June 2017 - 04:58 AM.

#2 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:14 PM

as long as thor doesn't allow transfer i don't see any issue if this would apply there only

#3 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

If you think it's not enough to then instead of playing game you should go find extra job during weekend lol

#4 Quahog

Quahog

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

If you think it's not enough to then instead of playing game you should go find extra job during weekend lol

i knew that pea-brained people wouldn't get my point.

do you play in thor? why would a chaos player meddle with the well being of another server? 

Edited by Quahog, 19 June 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#5 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:49 PM

even harder for those student-players in thor :(

#6 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3541 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

most 3rd world kids always thinks that 1st world people are earning more salaries. oh hell no. 1st world get their booties work out all day also having 2nd jobs to cover up their expenses to pay bills as well. so if you don't want to pay WPE then you can move your -_- as well and make tons of alts and farm mcas in NTF then buy WPE in Z from other players or just simply do surveys lmao.

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

The fact that Philippine is a 3rd world country tells me that most players are actually rich and probably richer than average NA players otherwise they wont be playing RO on their leisure  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

On a bright side, isnt that great? No KP, no OP gears out from cash shop xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 19 June 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#8 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

even harder for those student-players in thor :(

As a graduating senior highschool student who enjoyed the glorious days of affordable game cash of Level up, I'm with you :heh:

To be honest, Since USD is getting higher and higher (and today, our rates is 1 USD = 50 PHP. insane,I can't buy VIP and BMX for this glorious event of good EXP bonus  and even the past banquet event  :p_sad: ).I wanna sacrifice 30 virgins for this regional pricing

PS: OP, don't mind the comments of some dead brained players  :yawn:

Edited by Icarus05, 20 June 2017 - 12:06 AM.

#9 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

most 3rd world kids always thinks that 1st world people are earning more salaries. oh hell no. 1st world get their booties work out all day also having 2nd jobs to cover up their expenses to pay bills as well. so if you don't want to pay WPE then you can move your -_- as well and make tons of alts and farm mcas in NTF then buy WPE in Z from other players or just simply do surveys lmao.

I would believe you if you cite some study supporting this. Meanwhile, the simplest picture that supports regional pricing is the cost of living. 1st world people sometimes opt to retire and spend the rest of their retirement money in third world countries as the cost of practically everything is cheaper here. Tells a lot how expensive a product is if it's based in 1st world countries like the US.

#10 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Is that a comparison or is it just your use of words that is crap?

#11 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

I'm with you on this, I started a similar topic before but got no response from CMs anymore. I think they're trying to find a suitable company that is willing to work with them here in our country (If I understood it correctly), just not sure how we can help.

P.S.

Just ignore the no brainer replies.

Edited by Usurper, 19 June 2017 - 11:57 PM.

#12 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

pRO is reopening. There's no need to play Thor anymore guys!

#13 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:04 AM

If no action or no adjustments are made with  regional pricing, that's where the most of us will end up eventually.

#14 Quahog

Quahog

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:13 AM

this just goes to show that people who has small brains doesn't read. is reading really overrated in where you are? 

here i'll help you out.

the thing is, even if there were events like the refine events etc, only a few people can participate in it. I'm a looter/PVM/quest type of player so I earn zeny but I still can't buy WPE/KP products from players because of the shortage of it in the server.

1st world countries DOES earn more. if they don't, why the hell a lot of filipinos go to abroad to work? 

I'm an engineer in the philippines. they pay me 400$ for 1 month. in singapore, the same occupation pays 3000 SGD or more. that's 5 times my normal salary here. in the US engineers make 40-100 gran a year according to some websites. 

blue collar jobs in UK / US / Singapore earns more than me, an engineer in the philippines. 

okay given, the way of living in other countries are much higher than the phil. but still, if you work abroad, you can still earn more and save more. 

it would be nice if i can transfer my in-game purchases / time invested playing in pRO -> iRO -> new pRO. but no it can't. 

PS. if you're a player in Chaos server and not even in a 3rd world country, why do you care about this thread?

Edited by Quahog, 20 June 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#15 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:11 AM

I may be a chaos player who doesnt live in 3rd world country, but i will tell you now as a business proprietor myself that if you continue to argue for regional pricing and it does get through, your cost of living will go up as regional pricing does covertly effect your countries economy.

#16 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:01 AM

We had WPE suppliers that sell us WPE at lower rates than those on WP, probably from another place with a lower regional pricing. Can't understand why WP hasn't given us that option also since we are a 3rd world country

#17 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

i just want my mob scarf :(

#18 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

As much as we want to have a second or third job, we are salaried here by month. Work is 9 hours per day Monday-Friday unless if you are in the call center industry which has a different working days.

If your salary is $400, unless you are absent or late, that will be your gross. Deduct tax and other scams the government can think off, you are left with scrap that could get you by for a month. Some companies even let their employees go overtime without pay.

So we are left with the weekends where we can either relax or do part-time online jobs which (apologies for our indian friends here) the indians dominate by offering ridiculously low price.

Edited by zilahmonsan, 20 June 2017 - 02:17 AM.

#19 vanhdic

vanhdic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:17 AM

Uy de kaya poor ako nga one year n tambay eh 20 k month sahod eh at wag nyo pag samahin ang reality at virtual no just enjoy the game dont the game play you

#20 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:29 AM

Google translate ba yan?

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

For each region it comes down to what payment processors/options we are able to partner with for individual countries. If you have suggestions I am sure that the payment team would be happy to hear them. Usually the payment processor that is unique to a region will have the regional pricing.

In other words, there has to be interested payment processors in the region to offer the regionalized price. If none are interested, well rip.

#22 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

In other words, there has to be interested payment processors in the region to offer the regionalized price. If none are interested, well rip.

Pretty obvious lot of player from thor are interested, GMs though are pretty passive about it, passes ball to players instead of doing it proactively

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:43 AM

interested payment processors

#24 kyogen

kyogen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:45 AM

I do sometimes sell my WPE/KP for zeny whenever i need it. Since i live in first world country, spending $100 for WPE doesn't hurt me that much. I play in Thor because most of my friends are in there too, and i sometimes lend them some WPE if have some or when they need it, and they'll just pay me with zeny after they farm it.

I understand how they feel about WPE pricing because i have lived in the PH for 19 years and i know the struggle.

#25 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:10 AM

Uy de kaya poor ako nga one year n tambay eh 20 k month sahod eh at wag nyo pag samahin ang reality at virtual no just enjoy the game dont the game play you

(its ok to speak english :) )

Even though its just a game, i can't help myself spend a little money for my neccessities such as buying neutralizers, or cloth dye, or sometimes BMX (cause my ​guildmates are telling me to get max, eh....i have classes every morning and i need to sleep before 10 pm, and i need to study well since professors are irritating as hell so .... ​)

.but ​Yeah..but don't worry, we thor only complain about this because we can't buy our neccesities in the cash shop like Giant Fly wing, BMX, Bubble gum, and many more important things that can be used in leveling. ( I WANT TO VIP TO MAX MY KITTY BUT THE USD CONVERSION IS DAMNED TOO HIGH!!!! )

Edited by Icarus05, 20 June 2017 - 04:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users