Ragnarok Online: RE:START - Page 25 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

Ragnarok Online: RE:START

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
987 replies to this topic

#601 luffysvg

luffysvg

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

can a beautiful soul from warpportal tell us an estimated date for server release

#602 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

they can just use the classic woe times since its fate is kinda sealed to not conflict with renewal ( i think? )

#603 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

Serious question, is there any admin who can say this is going to be the same server as pRO had as far as monster spawns and exp tables? If so I'd be glad to send you a list of massive errors they had right from the get go so you can squash them out before CBT here and getting flames by the iRO community. >_> The biggest errors that ruined the CBT over there for me was improper monster spawns and improper exp settings.

On pRO, they still had many monster set to really bad renewal exp. 400base/400job from a wraith, evil druid, etc with a BM and jobBM on. Horrible. Also the Churchyard had EDs and Wraths there, which was wrong. Basically the comedy of errors in the release candidate they were testing funneled easily 2K players though a series of maybe 4 different maps from level 40-99. It was unplayable.

I'm sure there are many of us who played in the real days of RO's Comodo era who would be more than willing to help you set things right.

Also, if I get someone's attention, Blueness has been trying to get in contact with someone about running an official Mirror for the iRO clients on our web server for a while with zero luck in getting a reply. For the love of God, please just PM me or something.

Quoting to repost on new page. 

#604 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

I highly doubt there's anyone left in kRO or iRO who still remembers how the game content was pre-Comodo. Rather impossible for them to provide a pre-Comodo experience unless some random kRO developer had the foresight to document those updates properly.

#605 Gatsulol

Gatsulol

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

it will be a faster grind compared to prenewal. monsters have less hp compared to prenewal monsters as well sometimes 2~3x the exp along with a smaller exp table.

I'm 99% sure on RE:Start HP of mob is back to pre-renewal same for their exp

​It doesn't really ruin the competition, but it ruins the "building up an econ" thing since the drops are randomized, so it makes no difference if you're holding balder 3 or luina 2, the drops are going to be the same and that kinda sucks because it makes no sense anymore to plan your guild's strategy in order to complete a god item, it just makes the guild with more castles get higher chances to drop god pièces.

The main thing is to have a number of castle open during woe matching the population of the server. If you take Classic as exemple, Classic should only have 5~ Castle Open during a woe session.

Ankle Snare traps are now only affecting enemies, not allies.

Are you sure they mad this change ? I mean i read the message about "trap only affect enemy's" from GM > But they probably talk about dmging traps ....

This would be huge if this chang can be made on iRO Re:Start; because knight on renewal config are really really godtiers; so if we could Ground Control then with traps that would balance woe.

Edited by Gatsulol, 25 June 2017 - 11:03 PM.

#606 Rebellion4U

Rebellion4U

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:10 AM

Hope there will be the new one "re:start" wiki.

#607 Kingyobachi

Kingyobachi

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:11 AM

Where will the server be located? Will it be playable for EU Players? 

#608 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:22 AM

How far along are the other servers that are trying this out?

I have to admit I'm excited for this, but I see a problem surfacing around the time 10.2 lands. From then on, all of the interesting content added will be 100+, but the level cap wouldn't be raised until 13.3~ or so, when third classes are added? I assume they aren't just going to leave it as is for us to suffer through the drought, but I'm curious what exactly their solution to the problem would be.

My guess would be they either release 3rd classes a lot earlier (which would leave people stuck in the low hundreds for a while while they wait for higher level maps to be added), or they retune the content between 10.2 and 13.3 to be pre-100 content (which would leave a huuuuge amount of content pre-100, but very limited amounts after it).  I would personally prefer the latter I think, especially if the pre-100 EXP chart is being retuned similar to the Prerenewal numbers. Maybe I'd make Episode 12 be basically 99~110 content (leaving level cap at 99, so it'll be pretty tough for that first month), and then push out third classes between 12 and 13.1. Then Episode 13 and onwards can all be 100+ content?

My opinion aside, do we have any clues as to which way they are going to solve that problem?

#609 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

the mobs are classic level exp and hp with renwal hit/flee/def/mdef so for eg a sting is like lvl 109 in renewal on this its only like 50 and it takes like 50 less hit to 100% hit it

#610 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:25 AM

They better remove iRO custom Bowling Bash 0.5second delays.

#611 DominikNikolaj

DominikNikolaj

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:47 AM

yeah, I second this. Do not -_- with Bowling Bash, thanks

#612 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:38 AM

Where will the server be located? Will it be playable for EU Players?

No one knows yet US probably.

#613 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:39 AM

ofc it's US '-'

#614 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:54 AM

can a beautiful soul from warpportal tell us an estimated date for server release

#615 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:15 AM

The funny thing is, the only way this can fail is if warpportal messes with it and changes things and I know they will.

It's very successful in TH and PH. It's a true representation of how RO was in 2003 with a 'renewal twist'. 

#616 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:19 AM

Serious question, is there any admin who can say this is going to be the same server as pRO had as far as monster spawns and exp tables? If so I'd be glad to send you a list of massive errors they had right from the get go so you can squash them out before CBT here and getting flames by the iRO community. >_> The biggest errors that ruined the CBT over there for me was improper monster spawns and improper exp settings.

On pRO, they still had many monster set to really bad renewal exp. 400base/400job from a wraith, evil druid, etc with a BM and jobBM on. Horrible. Also the Churchyard had EDs and Wraths there, which was wrong. Basically the comedy of errors in the release candidate they were testing funneled easily 2K players though a series of maybe 4 different maps from level 40-99. It was unplayable.

I'm sure there are many of us who played in the real days of RO's Comodo era who would be more than willing to help you set things right.

Also, if I get someone's attention, Blueness has been trying to get in contact with someone about running an official Mirror for the iRO clients on our web server for a while with zero luck in getting a reply. For the love of God, please just PM me or something.

i play thai revo classic and it was always meant to be a hybrid prerenewal/renewal server.  let's not complain about "improper" monster spawns and exp. some monsters exp were really modified so don't expect everything to be like pre renewal.

you say its unplayable then why do thousands of thai players still play on roexe and reach 99 in a reasonable amount of time? 4 maps?! this makes me LOL. i can name 2x that amount for 40-99 lvling. if you search on youtube you will also see lvling guides and there are more than 4 maps for effective 40-99 lvling. of course some give better exp/hr than others, but there are always other options if a certain map is too crowded.

if iro wanted to make a server in the "REAL" comodo era then they would have launched a new classic server instead right? thailand and philippines revo classic are pretty much the same. if you want your own version of this hybrid game with all those exp changes and map changes then why should iro take roexe's version? just have the iro team create their own from scratch. then i bet we'll see another abomination such as the current classic server because they keep implementing the wrong suggestions from their users.

revo classic is revo classic. it is neither completely renewal nor pre renewal. it is unique and while we may not agree with all the game mechanics the devs implement, as players we just need to learn to compromise and accept revo classic as something new. they never claimed it was pre renewal or renewal anyway so we should take it as it is. i appreciate you want to improve the game and of course suggestions are ok, but straight up saying "hey this is not how it was before in the comodo era so you must change it" and calling it a "comedy of errors" gives an impression that you are demanding something that's never even been on the original revo classic (thai). again if iro wants their own revo classic server then i think they must follow the standards. if iro wants something special then they should make their own and call it something else, not "revo classic" (i believe campitor said iro restart will be a revo classic type of server)

if iro heavily modifies revo classic and fails, then all i could say is youre all welcome to join thai or philippine revo classic because there are no regional restrictions on both servers (thai version requires thai id number though). =)

The funny thing is, the only way this can fail is if warpportal messes with it and changes things and I know they will.

yes this is very true. they keep adding their own twist to things whether it's because they thought their horrible idea is good, or because some whiners on the forums suggested something. now look at their classic server, it's dead and it's not attractive at all because of all the changes they implemented over the years.

Edited by 1756492860, 26 June 2017 - 04:48 AM.

#617 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:52 AM

I agree a lot with what was said above. I mean, I don't get why people think it should be a classic server when it's totally the opposite. It's a new kind of server so why bother suggesting that "Skeletons shouldn't exist in payon dungeon, put Smokies and Martins there like it used to be in 2003 or else I won't play!!!!". I mean what's the freaking point to even waste your time typing this kind of stuff.

I think that by now, it's pretty clear to Gravity and any other company that classic servers are a high risk/no reward business model. Just look at every single classic server that ever existed, there are NO alive ocidental classic servers left, be it private or official. All of the are dead due to various reasons but people keep thinking that it's because x admin didn't do it right. I mean, in 5 years nobody did it right? Do you really believe that? Isn't about time to realize that the community is also one of the reasons that all classic servers are dead? A community that requires insane high quality while giving pennies in return and also wasting their own time to create videos to show everyone how -_- the server was once they quit. The only "classic" server alive is that one that starts with T but its WoE Scenario is non-existant and every card was edited, so it's basically a custom Ragnarok just like Revo Classic.

Just accept that fact that it's going to be revo-classic and focus on what should be fixed instead of trying to transform this into a soon-to-be dead classic server. It's an opportunity that most people here didn't even expect to have, so lets just enjoy what was given to us and try to make it the best experience so Gravity sees it's worth to invest in -_- here. I mean, even though they got bigger playerbases, Thai and Pinoy players are enjoying their servers and in return, Gravity is giving them some focus they didn't have before. Custom Fixes are being made in less than a week, which is a record considering it's Gravity.

Edited by Tanzanito, 26 June 2017 - 09:29 AM.

#618 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:00 AM

if u want easy leveling go to private server, this will be REVOCLASSIC server not CLASSIC. If WP start to change things from revoclassic, the only thing they will have is a new dead classic server.

#619 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:00 AM

... what to heck? 

#620 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:01 AM

My point is why should some mobs give 400 xp and others give them property classic xp... The mobs who are the same difficulty giving something like 70% less exp than they should because even thaiRo players say that the exp tables are supposed to be classic. It sounded like a straight up failure to implement them properly is what I meant. You obviously missed that point.

Why are *most* maps right to comodo but then suddenly a few of the prime maps not? I would say spawn wise 90% were right but church not being right for example is a huge issue to me since that map was originally a haven for ranged first jobs getting to second job without being wrecked by ranged curse attacks of wraith and evil druid.

It just is a giant conflict and many iro players have indicated they want comodo maps to start with. Like classic did.

Clearly people took my comments completely out of context... Broken exp is broken exp. If you go to thaiRo churchyard and get 400xp from a wraith or louyang and get 400 from a migao, then it's clearly an issue since it doesn't match classics expected exp for one.

#621 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:25 AM

since it doesn't match classics expected exp for one.

It seems you really didn't get that it isn't expected to match anything. You're the one adding this expectation.

#622 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

My point is why should some mobs give 400 xp and others give them property classic xp... The mobs who are the same difficulty giving something like 70% less exp than they should because even thaiRo players say that the exp tables are supposed to be classic. It sounded like a straight up failure to implement them properly is what I meant. You obviously missed that point.

Why are *most* maps right to comodo but then suddenly a few of the prime maps not? I would say spawn wise 90% were right but church not being right for example is a huge issue to me since that map was originally a haven for ranged first jobs getting to second job without being wrecked by ranged curse attacks of wraith and evil druid.

It just is a giant conflict and many iro players have indicated they want comodo maps to start with. Like classic did.

Clearly people took my comments completely out of context... Broken exp is broken exp. If you go to thaiRo churchyard and get 400xp from a wraith or louyang and get 400 from a migao, then it's clearly an issue since it doesn't match classics expected exp for one.

mi gaos exp was really "nerfed" or whatever we all want to call it... they give around 800xp btw and not 400, and that map isn't a good lvling spot right now. but so what? yes mi gaos were a good alternative to geos or monsters that gave similar xp back in the day but my point is lets not live in the past. they were good then, they arent now. period. some monsters retained their exp and some didnt. current ragnarok DB just confuses players because of this? then make a new one for revo classic LOL :P revo classic is something new, there are changes that players arent used to and i think that is the whole point of revo classic. we kinda have to rediscover the world of ro.

i think if you wish that all monsters give classic exp, might as well request warpportal to just make a new classic server. make classic everything so no complaints when the launch day comes. but we all know thats not gonna happen because they already did that 5 yrs ago and failed. those dreaming of a classic server can do just that, continue dreaming. i used to wish for one as well but i gave up cuz i knew it was never gonna happen anyway so i moved to roexe revo classic and no regrets at all. it takes getting used to but its pretty good if you would just learn to stop comparing it to the "old" RO.

im pretty sure a lot of people have very different expectations for this RESTART server and the specifics must be made clear by warpportal before they even launch. if not, im sure a lot of people will be disappointed when figure out that hey its renewal mechanics not pre renewal!!

Edited by 1756492860, 26 June 2017 - 07:34 AM.

#623 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:27 AM

I think you guys are conflating broken implementation with "customization"

#624 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

I think you guys are conflating broken implementation with "customization"

except its not broken because its been that way for months in thai ro ever since launch. migaos dont give the good exp they used to give. yes some ppl complain about it but as players who love the game we learn to live with it

#625 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

except its not broken because its been that way for months in thai ro ever since launch. migaos dont give the good exp they used to give. yes some ppl complain about it but as players who love the game we learn to live with it

The point isn't about any one specific monster, it's that some may be implemented with busted xp values. 

"learn to live with it" -- you just described RO in a nutshell

Edited by mildcontempt, 26 June 2017 - 07:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users