Classic June 23rd Maintenance Thread - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic June 23rd Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#26 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

Due to feed back the cost of several items was reduced and two new items were added.

This will also not be the last event where such rewards are offered.

These should not be "event" items. They should be available all the time through whatever method you deem appropriate. If for whatever reason you are insistent on making these event only, you need to make whatever currencies transferable between events so that people who do not have the time to earn it during one event can finish it during the next. I hope you also plan on making these events very similar in nature and dont just go "screw it" in six months and then start pumping things out for a fraction of the time because people complain about it, because by all counts it looks like farming for these items right now will take a very large amount of time.

The fact that this has been dropped on us last minute is not a good sign, you guys were getting better about giving advance warning about what you had intended so that when you did/said [Removed] things we can call you out far enough in advance to maybe stop it.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 June 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#27 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

KVM items are currently planned to be released through events such as this. There will be more events in the future with more KVM items.

As for the potions you get 7 with the purchase. Updated the notes.

While you're at it, an item count on the berries, seeds, BMx3, and bubble gum would be much appreciated.

#28 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

994670yugimuffler.png

203237gloriousmuffler.png

Just believe.

#29 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

994670yugimuffler.png

Just believe.

this made me sad

#30 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

994670yugimuffler.png

Just believe.

This made me laugh

#31 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

So ontop of what everyone else said, the KVM gear is useful as a set and only a set. You need to make it all available at the same time and forever, not doing so punishes the people who are not playing right now. You want people to come back to your game and feel like they an catch up or get the gear they missed during their absence.

Not to mention the cost difference here is really weird. In their original implementations:

• Glorious Suit for 400 Rockridge Coins (originally 840 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Popularized Suit for 350 Rockridge Coins (originally 120 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Shoes for 400 Rockridge Coins (originally 580 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Popularized Shoes for 350 Rockridge Coins (originally 70 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Mass-Production Shoes for 300 Rockridge Coins (orignally 10 KVM badges)

Anything look weird to people here? In all honesty nobody is going to be interested in anything less than the actual Glorious gear, the cheaper stuff will not be purchased.

Also for those wondering, it was 5 badges a win and 1 for a loss with a maximum length of 5 minutes. So if you got two wins a in a row you could have the Mass-Production Shoes in well under 10 minutes!

Edited by Themes, 23 June 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#32 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Hello folks,

Showing frustration and anger is understandable, however, please try to maintain a touch of politeness in your arguments.

Thank you.

Posts removed/edited.

#33 Hoaxmaster

Hoaxmaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

Can we come up with ways of implementing things so that its not farmable by bots?!?! I guess this is too much to ask for.....how about we focus on making things obtainable by new players and not ones who have a dozen accounts and fully geared. Or how about make the event last longer then a week so they have a chance. I myself have been playing classic for a few years and i feel somone has to stand for the new players. I feel we could get more people on classic if we worked on making it more fun for the new llayer rather than upping the power creep. No one plays because they feel that power creep for pre established players being met so in turn it makes it feel impossible to catch up.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

994670yugimuffler.png

Just believe.

idk it's good against sinxs....

Instead of dropping this on the server without discussion you probably should just not put it in at all without prior consultation. 

KVM is not only a huge game changer but it has to be reasonable if it's being put in at all. 

#35 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

So ontop of what everyone else said, the KVM gear is useful as a set and only a set. You need to make it all available at the same time and forever, not doing so punishes the people who are not playing right now. You want people to come back to your game and feel like they an catch up or get the gear they missed during their absence.

Not to mention the cost difference here is really weird. In their original implementations:

• Glorious Suit for 400 Rockridge Coins (originally 840 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Popularized Suit for 350 Rockridge Coins (originally 120 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Shoes for 400 Rockridge Coins (originally 580 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Popularized Shoes for 350 Rockridge Coins (originally 70 KVM badges)
  • Glorious Mass-Production Shoes for 300 Rockridge Coins (orignally 10 KVM badges)

Anything look weird to people here? In all honesty nobody is going to be interested in anything less than the actual Glorious gear, the cheaper stuff will not be purchased.

Also for those wondering, it was 5 badges a win and 1 for a loss with a maximum length of 5 minutes. So if you got two wins a in a row you could have the Mass-Production Shoes in well under 10 minutes!

At least it's better than the original cost of everything for 500 coins, both actual glorious and popularized versions. The only lower tier gear I would consider is the Glorious Popularized Suit because 10% sp regen on a piece of armor has some PvE use for me. But yeah, everything else, who would consider the lower tier version when the actual glorious versions are only slightly more expensive?

#36 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

The whole point of you collecting our feedback about KVM was so that you could sort through it and decide what you wanted to do, then come back to us and talk with us how you wanted to approach these very strong and potentially game-breaking items. Not to just casually throw it in a few hours before a maintenance.

Also lol, editing out me saying that you guys do dumb things just blows my mind. If you want people to stop getting grumpy stop doing dumb things.

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

The whole point of you collecting our feedback about KVM was so that you could sort through it and decide what you wanted to do, then come back to us and talk with us how you wanted to approach these very strong and potentially game-breaking items. Not to just casually throw it in a few hours before a maintenance.

Also lol, editing out me saying that you guys do dumb things just blows my mind. If you want people to stop getting grumpy stop doing dumb things.

This stuff is supposed to be *~:HARD:~* to get.

Seeing how easy it was for few voices to lower the costs is not a good sign for future KVM gear.

edit: lets make that a visible colour shall we? PINK! 

edit 2: you wanna play?

Edited by Xellie, 23 June 2017 - 12:51 PM.
No, I think a combination is better!

#38 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

For concerns on moderation please contact CM Astra.

#39 ttaggong

ttaggong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

Venatu is formless

#40 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Any ETA on end of maintenance? Asking because login server seems to be up early

#41 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

Server is open.

#42 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

Reconsider your implementation of KVM set. The way this is heading is the same as the unfrozen shadow on chaos which is an absolute joke. Don't make a powerful armor set into something that can only be obtained sometimes, that is how you drive away any potential new players.

#43 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

your trade in npc is not working. it took worn revolvers, but says i do not have enough when i try to trade in any other mat.

68148e48f722465fedaf37348b49ac33f8734450

Edited by lxst, 23 June 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#44 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

Its likely redundant for me to put it here and the other place but I do want to know if this is something current players would consider or if it is way off target.

In my humble opinion Classic should do this:

https://forums.warpp...rver/?p=2589968

But to elaborate, after a couple of years of working ideas into Classic now maybe it should be reborn as a mostly static server?

Clear the field + applying lessons learned (those that can be applied) = WIN

If you follow the links then it goes a lot more in depth but the premise is that even without progressing any further or having a lot of classes or dungeons, Classic could be one of the best servers in this neighborhood.

With the pool of extra things being limited then I believe it should not focus on competing with the others in terms of updates but should use the pool for events when needed.

Classics strong point is its historic value. (and I think, superior stat systems)

It should be like a snap shot of today.

Maybe figure out something with KVM (in progress)

Keep going with the in progress things

And maybe do some more tweaking with PvP modes.

Server done and ready to be played from level 1-99.

I might try out "ReStart" sometime and I still visit Renewal on occasion but I believe if Classic followed the road map from this thread then it could trump the other servers. (even though its not as new)

The forum is probably like a water fountain full of pennies but here is my two cents. Take em or leave em, enjoy!

- - - -

Speaking of the Rockridge event, I visited Hugel with one of my characters that has (I would say) slightly above average equipment but the bandit dudes seemed a little tough so I eventually just ran away. I didn't die but I was not able to kill it efficiently either.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 24 June 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#45 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

There are genuine problems with the Classic server that would need to be resolved before any wipe or new server, these would take considerable time and effort. It's pretty clear to me that while Classic was an interesting idea, the lack of support from kRO has really hurt its chances of being a real thing. Also that with the launch of a new server that this will be their main focus going forward, it has proved popular in other regions, has support from kRO and all of the usual features people expect from the Renewal client.

Obviously the new server wont appeal so much to the people who want the Classic mechanics, but to all of the people who want to play pre-Trans and dont understand the mechanics.

#46 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

There are genuine problems with the Classic server that would need to be resolved before any wipe or new server, these would take considerable time and effort.

I beg to differ, something like 40 - 70% of the biggest problems could be (mostly) fixed with a wipe if done right and if it can pass with a majority vote.

Support from Kro is good but Classic does not need it that much if its going to be "static" for the most part. I'm aware that there were hopes that the server go further on the time line but Classic be Classic. If theres a limit to what can be changed then I think we should work with them, it might not be as advanced as what Renewal can do but maybe it doesn't need to be?

Well then again I'm not sure which specific problems you're referring to.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 24 June 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

start here 

https://forums.warpp...t-ditch-effort/

#48 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

I remember reading that, it lines up with what I think could happen. A wipe (if done right and with a vote and all the other stuff, etc) should be able to fix at least almost half of Classics problems at a minimum, probably more. Remember though that I am coming at this from the angle of PVM (someone else would need to cover WOE and PvP which might have problems that cant be easily fixed) but even so I believe there would be positive spill over for the whole of Classic.

For example, a refreshed Classic has something for everyone:

Veterans: More competitive end game due to no trans. (assuming we do not vote to put it back in)

Newbies: A 2nd chance for the market with lower drop rates. Also more options at the end game.

(on a side note, what was that about an infinite range Bowling bash? I know its a bug or something but I think it sounds awesome)

I mean, I like the idea of "Restart" as much as the next person but I also think that a "Fresh" Classic server would be just as good if not better. Mainly because we could apply lessons learned since Classics first opening.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 24 June 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

(on a side note, what was that about an infinite range Bowling bash? I know its a bug or something but I think it sounds awesome)

It's literally bs in woe tho lmao and yeah its a bug

#50 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

any one else notice the wako kid npc only trades worn revolvers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users