lvl 165+ leveling only 2 spots? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

lvl 165+ leveling only 2 spots?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:35 PM

Why is it so limited to level from 165 tp 175, its nightmare clocktower or biolab 4 party ( if you can find some) i´m not counting mvp hunting as leveling. 

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:03 PM

verus

#3 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Verus mobs, dailies and instances. And its currently spotlighted too!

All other instances that have MvP exp in them. Skyfortress normal mobs give a decent exp, so you can lvl there too.

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

I 175'd and 60'd two characters slow doing daily quests for 16.1 now. It's p gud. 

#5 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

Is verus any better than NCT?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 22 June 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

Technically it has higher level monsters that give more XP per kill, but often the spawn rate is not up to par and the lack of a spammable bounty board dampens the xp-per-minute. 

#7 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Biolabs 4, Verus (specially now with spotlight, even the MvP is good xD, last time with event without EXP event was 10M of base exp only killing her), NCT with bounty is nice, Sky fortress with "3 hours ticket" you can easy leveling fast no has good as the Verus bounty board if you arent fast to killing but still nice.

for rich players can do with Prize medalls or Bloody branchs

#8 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

Daily in prison gives pretty decent exp but yeah it's either you do it or you don't do it. Doing instances too can yield a nice exp daily. It's slow but manageable unless you want to rush go to BIO.

#9 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:22 AM

Biolab(With Bounty)

Verus

NCT (With Bounty)

Guild Dungeons (Prontera is the best)(For grinding)

(Then Tons of Daily Quest, Prison got pretty good EXP rewards, as well as Verus Quest)

Note:I know there's a thread for that.

#10 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

I 175'd and 60'd two characters slow doing daily quests for 16.1 now. It's p gud. 

Yeah, this is actually a very good way to level up. Do the daily quests and turn them in with BMX3, you get EXP and Profits. Also possible to do a Big Bell run after turning in the prison quests, I usually have about 18-21mins left on my BMX3 after submitting the items to MVP prisoners.

Biolab(With Bounty)

Verus

NCT (With Bounty)

(Then Tons of Daily Quest, Prison got pretty good EXP rewards, as well as Verus Quest)

Its good in general, but I disagree with the Guild Dungeon part. This assumes you are in a guild, and your guild must own a castle from WOE. Its doable for experienced veterans in large and competitive guilds, but its definitely not applicable for more than half of the ppls.

#11 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

Bio4 is the fastest due to not having a cooldown. Unlike gramps, where you have to wait 3 hours to get counts, Bio4 is extremely fast since you can continually pick up counts.

The thing that takes a long time for most people are the waiting times, and how long it takes to do a run. It generally takes my parties 15-16 minutes to finish a run, but some others can do it in 30. Additionally, classes like GXs, suras, RGs, chasers, and any other "useless" class will have a harder time finding a party since there's a mentality of them being useless.

Depending on your class, there are other ways. But if you want to utilize bio4, i reccomend joining a guild that does them alot (found in lhz) or start your own party and try your best to be patient.

#12 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:57 AM

Additionally, classes like GXs, suras, RGs, chasers, and any other "useless" class will have a harder time finding a party since there's a mentality of them being useless.

Thats true, the mentality of certain classes being useless is quite unfortunate. Some ppls wont even look at your skills and gears, they just assume you are weak because your class is weak in general. Moreover, if your class was weak historically, many wont change their minds even if new equipment/cards and OCP gears have buffed your class. Of course, if you are a well-known player, highly skillful with God gears/MVP cards, you can be an exception, but I am talking about players in general, even the above average players.

I play warlock myself, with the new Flattery Robe and Mob Scarf it has become somewhat decent. Not near OP but definitely not among the weakest, but it still gets the reputation of being weak and useless. During my last Bio4 party run I was kicked out when a new Sura wanted to join the party. They just said warlocks are weak in general, I have near OP gears, flattery robe, mob scarf, everything was +12 or above. I made my equipment open for public to see, and they wouldnt even check.

Since then I've been leveling with EP 16.1 quests and NCT, it aint worth getting upset over this kind of crap. Theres nothing I can do about it right now, and hence why I've been requesting jRO gears for magic users such as Magician Gloves. I dont care whatever my methods are, I just want those gears and hopefully one day the table will turn, or even better, we can solo in Bio 4. 

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 23 June 2017 - 05:18 AM.

#13 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

Im sorry to hear, feel free to pm me when you're on so I can give you some free runs. I love doritos

#14 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

Its good in general, but I disagree with the Guild Dungeon part. This assumes you are in a guild, and your guild must own a castle from WOE. Its doable for experienced veterans in large and competitive guilds, but its definitely not applicable for more than half of the ppls.

wrong. it doesnt require you to be in a guild nor owning a castle

Edited by fuyukikun, 23 June 2017 - 05:44 AM.

#15 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:22 AM

wrong. it doesnt require you to be in a guild nor owning a castle

You only have access to guild dungeon 1/2 without being in a guild that owns WOE castle. So no Hall of Abyss dungeons for you, and need to wait investment for Guild Dungeon 2. Guild Dungeon 1 can be accessed by anyone without restriction, and those dungeons aint good enough for a lv.165+ character to grind. In fact, I am not even sure Guild Dungeon 2 are good for grinding when you are lv.165 or above, it would be up to someone who have done that to provide some insights.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 23 June 2017 - 06:35 AM.

#16 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

Biolab(With Bounty)

Verus

NCT (With Bounty)

proontera is better than luina2?

#17 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:49 AM

luina2 is better due to angra mantis bounty and the mobbiness

#18 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:05 AM

luina2 is better due to angra mantis bounty and the mobbiness

ty.

#19 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

Thats true, the mentality of certain classes being useless is quite unfortunate. Some ppls wont even look at your skills and gears, they just assume you are weak because your class is weak in general. Moreover, if your class was weak historically, many wont change their minds even if new equipment/cards and OCP gears have buffed your class. Of course, if you are a well-known player, highly skillful with God gears/MVP cards, you can be an exception, but I am talking about players in general, even the above average players.

This was before OCP even were thought about:

np64qn3cgt7h418p2.jpg

You just met the wrong people. :u

This had nothing to do with being well-known or anything and the only MVP card I own isn't even on iRO.

Back when this happened my gears were average, I even needed to Amp if I froze the Bells to better handle big mobs to not need more Crimson Rocks.

The worst thing about Bio4 are the waiting times till parties start, the main reason my Bishop still is not maxed. :u

During the time it takes for an average Bio4 party to start and do 1 or 2 runs, I already made way more exp by simply soloing NCT.

If you run with your guild then your class matters less, as long as the key classes are there.

Still wouldn't go Bio4 with a WL as long as I have other classes that could use Bio4, because soloing NCT is way too easy on them. :u

#20 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

Also, Luina 2 is pretty much always open. Still exp is not even close to NCT. :P

#21 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

This was before OCP even were thought about:

np64qn3cgt7h418p2.jpg

You just met the wrong people. :u

This had nothing to do with being well-known or anything and the only MVP card I own isn't even on iRO.

Back when this happened my gears were average, I even needed to Amp if I froze the Bells to better handle big mobs to not need more Crimson Rocks.

The worst thing about Bio4 are the waiting times till parties start, the main reason my Bishop still is not maxed. :u

During the time it takes for an average Bio4 party to start and do 1 or 2 runs, I already made way more exp by simply soloing NCT.

If you run with your guild then your class matters less, as long as the key classes are there.

Still wouldn't go Bio4 with a WL as long as I have other classes that could use Bio4, because soloing NCT is way too easy on them. :u

I am very glad for you that you had a good experience, but I dont think this is commonplace, more ppls are unwilling to give warlocks a chance. And even if you get the chance, you have to outdamage rangers and RKs to be considered worthy. I know an exceptionally skilled player like you(better than 99.9% ppls on iRO, I know you are this good :D) can pull this off, but most ppls aint in this category. The last player from your screenshot said you are an instant invite, so apparently your reputation is already wide-spread.  :no1:

There is a thread on Warp Portal discussing the role of each class in Bio 4 party. Note WL, SC, and maybe also RG are deemed 'unnecessary', and can be replaced if another player wants to join the party(maybe hes a friend of the party leader's, or if he plays an OP class, but whatever). The thread was made in 2015 so we have come a long way, but it wont help since most ppls still have the same attitudes towards less desired classes as they did 2 years ago.

https://forums.warpp...ed-may-21-2015/

Also, Luina 2 is pretty much always open. Still exp is not even close to NCT. :P

Thats what I was thinking about too. The OP's question was about leveling beyond lv.165 or even lv.170, I fail to see how Guild Dungeons are a good candidate for this purpose. Bounty Board with Angra Mantis? lol.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 23 June 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#22 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

The last player from your screenshot said you are an instant invite, so apparently your reputation is already wide-spread.  :no1:

I told you this had nothing to do with any wide-spread reputation.

That person just saw me handling big mobs a couple of times before and while I partied with them. :v

People stop to watch if you have a mob of 10~20, either to see you kill or to nab the counts and exp if you die.

#23 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:02 PM

Back in my WL leveling days, the only way I could get a party was for my friend who played an AB to ask the party leader to invite me threatening to leave if they didn't. :P Same for my friend Wandy. Also, a former guildie lent me an account with a Maestro that I used a couple times to get a party by dualing. Oh, there was one more way!

NP>Gwinger

I got some praise from people there sometimes as well, but never got invited to pugs unless one these aforementioned situations. Anyways, I don't know how bio 4 is nowadays. Last time I went with my RK a few months ago and looks like Cats and Genes took away rangers' spot. :heh: Didn't see a single warlock in any party there, anyways.

#24 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Back in my WL leveling days, the only way I could get a party was for my friend who played an AB to ask the party leader to invite me threatening to leave if they didn't. :P Same for my friend Wandy. Also, a former guildie lent me an account with a Maestro that I used a couple times to get a party by dualing. Oh, there was one more way!

NP>Gwinger

I got some praise from people there sometimes as well, but never got invited to pugs unless one these aforementioned situations. Anyways, I don't know how bio 4 is nowadays. Last time I went with my RK a few months ago and looks like Cats and Genes took away rangers' spot. :heh: Didn't see a single warlock in any party there, anyways.

Yeah, thats the point I am making. Most ppls wont even give you a chance to prove your worth. Even for a highly skilled player like you, this is still a problem. *sigh* I just, dont think everyone has such a dedicated friend to help with party invitation though.

:hmm:

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 23 June 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#25 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:00 PM

And here I am just so long nct cause that's the only option I got as wl:151 since getting bio pt is just a dream for me and I'm not swimming in billions to "pay" my way on the quality pts like acid.So nct it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users