Seriously guys! We need to rise up again! (In game suggestions and errors) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Seriously guys! We need to rise up again! (In game suggestions and errors)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 elizascorn

elizascorn

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

Disclaimer: <snip>. I say this as a follower of the Dragonica/Dragon Saga franchise since 2008, I used to play on the IAH Games iteration of Dragon Saga, so I know full well what I am about to say.

There is NO game, like Dragon Saga, I play MANY games ranging <Snip>, and none of those games gives me the feeling that Dragon Saga does.

There is no 2.5D/3D side scrolling game that can compare to Dragon Saga, except for maybe <Snip>.

So my point here is, this game has ENDLESS potential. So before I go on to addressing some in-game bugs, I will first make some suggestions and ideas.

The following suggestions are not impossible, considering that in 2012 there was such an upgrade that addressed most of the player’s needs and wants, and the reason why I will make suggestions first is because the suggestions I offer should also address all of the game bugs, so here I go.

Suggestion list:

-          Add at least 2-4 new classes (There are two empty spaces next to the Dragon Kin race, and it’s bugging me)

-          Unlimit Framerate Cap, I try to force the game’s FPS up with all sorts of GPU tools and tweaks, but the game stays at 60 FPS, I have a 144hz monitor and feel sad.

-          There is the issue of combat feeling too repetitive after a while, so all class skills should be revamped or new skills should be added.

-          Update game engine/upgrade shaders it is now 2017 heading onto 2018, it is not much the issue of ‘Oh but the graphics should be fine, it’s the gameplay that matters’, you would be surprised at how a game with the most pathetic gameplay but most amazing hardcore graphics can start to reel in all the candy-eyed gamers, which in turn reels in more consumers, which means more profit, which means more budget to handle the game.

-          Updating the game engine means better loading times, instance handling, less game bugs, less in-game errors and the ability to add more content at ease.

-          Sound/background music/sound effects revamp

-          Update all skill animations and add more ambience to the skill sound effects

-          Revamp entire UI to seem less old school, and more new gen and fresh

-          RNG seems fine in the game at the moment, for example the enchanting and soul crafting, but perhaps a look into these systems again and a bit of twiddling around could make for some certainly more interesting experiences for the players e.g. for an Artifact grade weapon: ‘Choose one out of the three following options’ Critical Rate +18%/Critical Damage+16%/Aim Rate+19           

An ‘Out of Portal’ error message appears, when the player is not "actually" out of the portal, when pressing the Z key, in Mission Maps.

Pressing arrow keys when selecting answers to questions bugs out e.g. Vincent/Water Temple

Too long of a delay to wait for loot cubes after dungeon bosses are defeated. (This has happened live before also on WarpPortal's Live stream, Arcadia Episode 2 Preview in the Dr.Farrell dungeon).

The 'Cetirus' boss, from Red Fox Delta is too high off of the ground and it makes it hard to hit, I remember a similar boss from Van Cliff having the same issue.

Several dungeons of which I do not remember the name of, occasionally 'pause' on the last floor/stage/boss and everyone is stuck in a pause, which results in everyone having to log out/leave the map, wasting the party/player's efforts to run through the whole dungeon.

When someone leaves the F7 mission mode or disconnects, especially the party leader, often times the next stage never starts, and the F7 is stuck in an endless pause, resulting in everyone having to log out/quit/leave the map.

The duration of being down on the ground after being knocked over by monsters is 1-2 seconds too long and can result in bad and non-enjoyable gameplay as the other monsters can stack up their attacks and keep rolling into you and you will be trapped in an endless cycle of being knocked over. A solution to this may be knockdown immunity for 1-2 seconds as the player gets back up, or reducing the time that the player stays down on the ground before coming back up.

If you don't spam the space bar or are currently typing right before the mission mode results roll in, you become stuck in a roll that is extremely annoying. E.g. in F7 when you need to press F3 for the next level, but you are stuck in the gada/item roll and waste precious seconds.

Several quest lines occasionally have a greyed out question mark, despite the quest needing the user to talk to said NPC, which can confuse players.

Translations for most of the quests, and especially Mutisha's dialogue at Verdurous Forest are extremely off, and if it's the case of not knowing the exact translation, it is still possible to correct the dialogue to a much better 'guess' of what he is saying, for example 'Argh! You filthy Dragon Fellowship scum, I will have my revenge! I shall journey to Kundara Dungeon and awaken the giant golem Aram, we shall meet again!', Also 'actions' seem cringe worthy in the text dialogue, e.g. '(laughs sinisterly)' should be taken out and a sound of the character actually laughing evilly should be incorporated into the game. This should be addressed and all other quest lines and dungeons/dialogue.

It's bad enough that most of the monsters from Lv.60 have so many re-skinned bosses and monsters. E.g. Nekota is LITERALLY a re-skinned Kajimodo. Or if you are going to re-skin, at least make the bosses attacks drastically more distinct.

A glitch where duplicates of the same random/last item on a page will flash constantly filling up the rest of the page in item gacha exchange machines & exchange merchant Bessie.

Floating and moving platforms, the moving stone walls in the Lavalon Magma dungeon, or the moving pads in mission modes such as Forgotten Village F1/F2 have the issue of not letting your character jump if

the pad is moving upwards. As in, they are extremely jittery and make your character forcefully clip/stick to the pads. That could be an example of poor coding in that section.

Personal experience: It’s either the monster’s attack skill hit-boxes or the player’s hit-boxes, most times when I dodge attacks from rolling monsters or beams being fired or gusts of tornadoes being summoned, and dash away really far or jump in the air and spin, my character STILL get’s hit despite being ages far away from the activated skill or monster’s path while it is in the rolling attack mode.

So these are most of the things that I wanted to get off of my mind for a long time coming now, so I hope you all in the community and game developers will understand where I am coming from, this is not a rant, not a complaint, but as a consumer/customer long time loyal fan of Dragon Saga, this is merely helpful advice and well put suggestions on how to make our lovely game become better in this world of heavy competitive game design.

I’m sure there are many more game bugs and errors but for now I’m out to do more farming in game so peace out!

Please do not post about other games. I have removed mention of other games. Mentions of this kind are against our forum terms of use - CM Dragonlark

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

At this point you're asking for a Dragon Saga 2. This will pribably take a few years of developement which involves that the current client is ceased from developement during that said time. Then, we will have either to wipe the whole Database or to try to convert the data which would take a while aswell.

Also some of the problems you pointed out come from patching issues or high latency. There is no way to fix that.

Adding new classes is not what bugs most of the people, but rather the missing skills that the korean devs left behind.

As for the few others suggestions that aren't concerned by what I just say, I will let someone else (if not Popcorn) answer them.

#3 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

Adding new classes while the current ones arent balanved makes no sense.

In order to make the game more popular, advertise it more and better. Only 120 player are actively playing via steam (according to the steam numbers). Never saw the game somewhere at the steam news beside the time they published it on steam. Dont see them advertising outside of steam.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 23 June 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#4 elizascorn

elizascorn

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

At this point you're asking for a Dragon Saga 2. This will pribably take a few years of developement which involves that the current client is ceased from developement during that said time. Then, we will have either to wipe the whole Database or to try to convert the data which would take a while aswell.

Also some of the problems you pointed out come from patching issues or high latency. There is no way to fix that.

Adding new classes is not what bugs most of the people, but rather the missing skills that the korean devs left behind.

As for the few others suggestions that aren't concerned by what I just say, I will let someone else (if not Popcorn) answer them.

I understand the points you are making, except for the fact that it's extremely cliche and obvious of a reply, and you're suggesting a the 'cease' of any chance for a game with such potential such as Dragon Saga, to have no chance of ever being improved or fixed. Also it's not 'we will' it's 'they will' since you are not a staff member of the company. Saying you will 'let' someone else answer my topic and also stating their name also suggests that you are a staff member handing over a baton to the next staff member which seems highly egotistical for a non-staff member to say/write.

As a player of this game I am permitted to propose 'suggestions' (things to consider, basically 'Ideas') which are different from 'requests' (asking for something to happen). There is no "ASK US SOMETHING" section in these forums.  You seem to have misinterpreted the idea of my post, I am not asking for a 2nd version of this game, nor does the development of the current client and/or release build need to be halted, it's possible for people to multitask just the same way as game developers can work and code on different versions of the same software. We usually call this porting. Professionals can maintain an already developed game and work on another (or the same game on a different version/build) with ease if they have a high level of skill in the media/game development industry, and if it's the matter of not having enough staff to do such actions, or having a certain budget within the company or different roles needing to be filled, that's not really an excuse because even tiny independent game studios can still be able to pump out high quality games in such short time periods.

The amount of work that goes into each patch these days are not as large as the ones that occurred back in the past with the previous versions of the game. Most of the time now it's new Item Mall sets or IM set rotations, a new map here and there, re-balancing/fixing or certain errors of bugs in a game which should be able to be done faster and those new episodes we get every now and then. Working on updating the games shaders shouldn't be enough to 'cease the development' of an entire game including the weekly maintenance unless the company was really understaffed or unskilled.

Even if it's the matter of people halting their micro transactions in response to a news of a 'Dragon Saga 2' (to save up money for said version) which would never happen at this rate, a smart company wouldn't announce that to the public until the nearing date of such a games release, otherwise people wouldn't be able to fund and support the company via micro transactions of the 'first' Dragon Saga.

There would be no need to 'wipe' or 'convert' anything at all, because that certainly did NOT happen, the first the the game was overhauled/revamped. You speak as if all  of the things that I 'suggested' (not asked for) would happen all at once which would result in an entirely new game to be created. It is possible to update and overhaul an original game to have better graphics and coding, unless the end result that the development team has in plan drastically differs from the current state of the game. I'm not asking for the team to change Dragon Saga into a first person shooter or real-time-strategy. It will have the same side-scrolling hack and slash features and art style, just UPDATED, and IMPROVED, """SHADERS""" Which already has been proven possible the "FIRST, TIME" in "2012". Unless you weren't there for it of course. Also if possible a new game engine.

Moving on, I see no more Korean text or square symbols anymore in any of the descriptions of dialogue, which is a job well done by the team, so it's only now a matter of improving the grammar and punctuation of each sentence although that is what should already have been done the first time around, which confuses me a lot. If I were the one sitting in front of the computer at that time I have no idea how I would have let such mistakes been patched into the game's text. Translating things from an Asian language to Western does take a long and tedious time to do, so I can understand the speed of which they took to complete that task.

You say that "adding new classes" is not what bugs most people, well I'll tell you what would happen if they added new classes the game will move from becoming stale to NEW and FRESH and with the correct form of advertising and promotions, means more players, which is good for both the company and the existing consumers, because then there would be more people filling up the lower level maps and more money reeling in for the game company! You're basically against the idea of new things being added into a game, which is insanely strange for a player to say about any game that they seem to be so actively attentive to. You don't want new expansions? Items? Skills? Maps? Monsters? Again, a very odd thing to state.

I stated that there was, "Too long of a delay to wait for loot cubes after dungeon bosses are defeated. (This has happened live before also on WarpPortal's Live stream, Arcadia Episode 2 Preview in the Dr.Farrell dungeon)." The GM's themselves had one of these issues occur to even them, and I can assure you this is not one of those 'latency' affected issues. You can't lag playing on your own server if it's nearby. It it's a patching issue, then the company shouldn't have bought this game over from the Koreans if they had no idea how to code or continue with the coding of this game.

The 'Cetirus' boss, from Red Fox Delta is too high off of the ground and it makes it hard to hit, I remember a similar boss from Van Cliff having the same issue. This is a matter of shifting the object instance lower to the ground.

Several dungeons of which I do not remember the name of, occasionally 'pause' on the last floor/stage/boss and everyone is stuck in a pause, which results in everyone having to log out/leave the map, wasting the party/player's efforts to run through the whole dungeon. There's no way latency could result in an endless wait. It it's a patching issue, then again, the company shouldn't have bought this game over from the Koreans if they had no idea how to code or continue with the coding of this game.

When someone leaves the F7 mission mode or disconnects, especially the party leader, often times the next stage never starts, and the F7 is stuck in an endless pause, resulting in everyone having to log out/quit/leave the map. Same reason as above.

The duration of being down on the ground after being knocked over by monsters is 1-2 seconds too long and can result in bad and non-enjoyable gameplay as the other monsters can stack up their attacks and keep rolling into you and you will be trapped in an endless cycle of being knocked over. A solution to this may be knockdown immunity for 1-2 seconds as the player gets back up, or reducing the time that the player stays down on the ground before coming back up. This is not latency based, I am sure that the duration for the knockdown status differs from each instance's attack, a Starry's knock down attacks time for the player to recover to the standing position is a lot longer than when a boss attack knocks the player down. 

If you don't spam the space bar or are currently typing right before the mission mode results roll in, you become stuck in a roll that is extremely annoying. E.g. in F7 when you need to press F3 for the next level, but you are stuck in the gada/item roll and waste precious seconds. Not latency affected, just poor coding in this area.

Several quest lines occasionally have a greyed out question mark, despite the quest needing the user to talk to said NPC, which can confuse players. A user Interface error. Which should have been able to be fixed in a jiffy, and noticed EONS AGO.

A glitch where duplicates of the same random/last item on a page will flash constantly filling up the rest of the page in item gacha exchange machines & exchange merchant Bessie. A user interface error.

Floating and moving platforms, the moving stone walls in the Lavalon Magma dungeon, or the moving pads in mission modes such as Forgotten Village F1/F2 have the issue of not letting your character jump if

the pad is moving upwards. As in, they are extremely jittery and make your character forcefully clip/stick to the pads. That could be an example of poor coding in that section. < Poor. Coding. Not. Latency.

As for my personal experiences of me being hit by skills or objects, I understand that that's the only issue that could be lag.

A final thing to state is that, if the reason why it's taking so long for the team to fix all of these easily fixed problems, due to them having issues with getting a hold of full rights from the previous owners of the game to allow them to alter the coding in the game now, then they should not have proceeded with the deal/contract and/or transaction/migration at all. I would hate to buy over a game and rely on the micro transactions to keep my company and staff funded while not being able to freely add new content and code it as I please in order to further satisfy my customers and be able to reel in more profit due to new things my team has been able to add to a game.

If the reason why the game's current state is barely changing, is because of the Korean developers leaving a messy pile of code behind which is hard to figure out, then everything that I suggested, and revealed, game errors and all, can be 100% disregarded, other than that, there is no excuse for and why a game such as Dragon Saga should have no room for improvement or be prevented from having new content added or bugs fixed.

Final disclaimer: I have no beef with the staff of WarpPortal or Gravity Games and futhermore I am willing to spend $100's on this game if I were more financially equipped. That is why this section is called

"Proposals & Suggestions".

and not

"Smashing Hot and Extremely Rude Demands/Requests That Need To Be Done NOW! OR ELSE!!!"

The developers can do whatever they wish to do with the game, I am not their CEO, I am just a concerned citizen of the player-base that wishes for this game to improve for the sake of it's long term survival. I wouldn't care less if they ignored this post.

That is why I posted this in the "suggestions" section mind you, and did not start off my topic with a handful of solid and blatantly obnoxious requests.

Next time in the future be sure to understand the context of what a person is typing or saying during your reading session. Thank you for your time. Oh and watch this in your own time:

Cheers.

#5 elizascorn

elizascorn

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Adding new classes while the current ones arent balanved makes no sense.

In order to make the game more popular, advertise it more and better. Only 120 player are actively playing via steam (according to the steam numbers). Never saw the game somewhere at the steam news beside the time they published it on steam. Dont see them advertising outside of steam.

Yeah you have a point there I guess, advertising really would help xD and damn I swear there are more people online than that lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users