#1 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

Any plan on bringing back this NPC? Its been a while. Thank you!

#2 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

Official stance is that they have no intention of ever making the candy or or other transformation effects available again due to the fact that people using the nodelay edit can easily hide their animations while cheating by using said items.

In short, No.

Edit: While we're on the topic, I have 1748 Blue, 1423 Red, and 1526 Green candies for sale! Buy em all off me, I'll go 120k a piece!

Just, you know, if any of you cheaters are interested..

Edited by ClickClickClick, 24 June 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#3 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

Go to thor and Ill buy em lots of your green stash, am no cheater tho

#4 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

Sorry man, Chaos only, and all or nothing.

Ain't worth cashing in the chips, especially for less than market value, unless yer cashing them all in.

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

Since WoE is dead, why would you need these candies? I have over 10k candies rotten in my storage lol

#6 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

Hence why I'm trying to sell them.. lol

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:39 PM

I use green one for NTF for extra hit, blues and reds are for hiding my class in woe so people wont know i am a mechanic and ready to blast. The reds and blues are rotten in storage since i dont woe anymore.

#8 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:35 AM

NTF is da real stuff and I need them hit too bad Chaos only

#9 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 24 June 2017 - 03:41 AM

Official stance is that they have no intention of ever making the candy or or other transformation effects available again due to the fact that people using the nodelay edit can easily hide their animations while cheating by using said items.

In short, No.

Edit: While we're on the topic, I have 1748 Blue, 1423 Red, and 1526 Green candies for sale! Buy em all off me, I'll go 120k a piece!

Just, you know, if any of you cheaters are interested..

Who says?

#10 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

Says Camp's response to a myriad of people pestering him about it last year around Halloween.

Edit: All the green candy's sold, still got those red and blue tho!

Edited by ClickClickClick, 24 June 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#11 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

Don't recall them saying that, but it's not like they ban em anyhow, so lol

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:56 AM

i only remember them saying something like disabling the transformation effect in woe maps/ making it into a buff scroll of some sort, not complete removal.

Altho, wouldnt be surprised if it falls in the dark pit of forever forgotten stuff on RO.

#13 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:09 AM

i only remember them saying something like disabling the transformation effect in woe maps/ making it into a buff scroll of some sort, not complete removal.

Altho, wouldnt be surprised if it falls in the dark pit of forever forgotten stuff on RO.

Looked into it, Its not a traditional buff that can be blocked on the zone (such as a skill buff) but some weird item special only effect. Due to that there is noway for us to hook the effect into a map block. The candy can be limited in terms of where it's used but that would only serve to stress out the servers more as users move back and forth between maps to refresh the effect.

The solution really is getting a flag that can block the transformation effect on a per map basis from the studio.

#14 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

In short, No.

Who says?

Looked into it, Its not a traditional buff that can be blocked on the zone (such as a skill buff) but some weird item special only effect. Due to that there is noway for us to hook the effect into a map block. The candy can be limited in terms of where it's used but that would only serve to stress out the servers more as users move back and forth between maps to refresh the effect.

The solution really is getting a flag that can block the transformation effect on a per map basis from the studio.

Weird how he didn't confirm they're not adding it again.

All the same tho, he confirmed the Nodelay cheaters abused it, didn't deny they weren't gonna add it, and gave a clear reason as to why they shouldn't.

Always bugs me, I speak nothing but truth, dunno why people never believe me.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 24 June 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#15 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:22 AM

Weird how he didn't confirm they're not adding it again.

All the same tho, he confirmed the Nodelay cheaters abused it, didn't deny they weren't gonna add it, and gave a clear reason as to why they shouldn't.

Always bugs me, I speak nothing but truth, dunno why people never believe me.

Because we will return them once the possible abuse is fixed. Its supposed to be a fun silly item and something that can be used for events in the future. But until then.. well itll need to sit in the vault.

#16 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

Because we will return them once the possible abuse is fixed. Its supposed to be a fun silly item and something that can be used for events in the future. But until then.. well itll need to sit in the vault.

You heard it here first, folks!

We'll get the candy back about 2030-ish..

In the mean time, I still have candy to sell!

Edited by ClickClickClick, 24 June 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#17 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:08 PM

Doesn't seem to make much sense to keep them out of the game, you see there are people selling upwards of 10k each of the trans candies, you know how many years that would last for someone to continually abuse it? Lol. It's kinda like a "too late" bandaid. People who are abusing them will already have stockpiles of them, then people who want to use them for goofy or other reasons won't have any =\

#18 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Dear Campitor,

​I use the Blue candy to get the "proper" attack delay of Vanishing Point.
​I don't know if you guys put the hidden delay of Vanishing Point on purpose or simply an act of negligence or indifference. (btw Marc card STILL not working on RG, ~7 years and counting).

​If you will remove the candies' ability to get rid of delay, you could at least fix Vanishing Point cause it has had an unnecessary delay since "god knows when".

​Unless of course this was on purpose as act of nerf or something, which i really woudn't understand.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

VP doesnt have and added delay, that's simply the character animation.

Bathory animation is slightly faster than most 3rd classes, wich is why using skills with it feels a bit better.
For that reason bathory is also the one that cheaters pick the most to apply ndl on, as it's the easiest to come up with that excuse and get away with it :T

#20 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

I thought its -_- green candy that is the best, it's so small and just it turns around his body a bit lol

Doesn't seem to make much sense to keep them out of the game, you see there are people selling upwards of 10k each of the trans candies, you know how many years that would last for someone to continually abuse it? Lol. It's kinda like a "too late" bandaid. People who are abusing them will already have stockpiles of them, then people who want to use them for goofy or other reasons won't have any =\

I blame alt-clienting lol

#21 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

I thought its -_- green candy that is the best, it's so small and just it turns around his body a bit lol

I blame alt-clienting lol

​Blue candy has the least delay from all the halloween candies I've tested. And yes, even novaRO RGs complain about the delay from VP.

​kRO RGs however never had this problem.  RGs there spamming VP at the proper delay, NO candies needed.

#22 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

So when will be the possible abused be fix?
So when will be the possible abused be fix?

#23 Gibbly

Gibbly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

Why not just disable the transformation capability and still let the item keep its intended effect? Wouldn't that solve the problem until a solution can be found. Granted this could irk some folks.

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

​Blue candy has the least delay from all the halloween candies I've tested. And yes, even novaRO RGs complain about the delay from VP.

​kRO RGs however never had this problem.  RGs there spamming VP at the proper delay, NO candies needed.

I've watched kRO RG videos few times. RGs there do spam VP so fast lol

I dont mind not being able to spam that smoothly. I hate being OP. It is boring after that :/

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 June 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#25 DonnaBella

DonnaBella

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

Dear Camp, 

can you inform the team to bring back the candy quest this halloween, it has been very very long since the last one..

Pls do make all the player a good favor.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users