Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:39 PM

851x315_RORestart-PlayNow.png

Welcome to Ragnarok RE:START!

Welcome to the Ragnarok RE:START forums! We're so glad to have you here!

Ragnarok RE:START is our brand new progression server Ragnarok game that takes you back to the roots of Ragnarok Online. Experience the humble beginnings of Ragnarok using Renewal mechanics and early Ragnarok content! Join today and play along and grow with the server as the world of Rune Midgard unfolds slowly over time.

For information on Ragnarok RE:START, check out our

To register for Ragnarok RE:START, head over to our

To download the Ragnarok RE:START client, check out our

Hope to see you in there, can't wait to start a brand new adventure with you!

#2 mkbu95

mkbu95

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Hype!

#3 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

see you there

#4 Shantty

Shantty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

hi Astra

#5 sinxthelynx

sinxthelynx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

HYPE HYPE

#6 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:14 PM

Hello!  :p_laugh:

#7 XtianFTW

XtianFTW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hi hi

#8 SteveTrash

SteveTrash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

Soon my love... Soon...

#9 DexRain

DexRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work lurking the forums
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Classic

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

Got the client installed at lunch, see you all after work on the third incarnation of DEXRAIN~

#10 Enema19

Enema19

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

i still cant use the code   :o!

#11 Ardelle

Ardelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationNiflheim
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

So excited to see how this goes!

#12 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

i still cant use the code   :o!

It works, make sure you select the account first and not "Power up" general coupon select. 

b8fa33e74c.png

#13 Gryverfm

Gryverfm

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:57 AM

YAY!  :no1:

Hype to start! (again)

#14 BloodY250

BloodY250

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:18 AM

If the server oficial launch is 7/5/2017 will it reset at that day? or we will keep everything?

#15 Alesstormy

Alesstormy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:RT

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:01 PM

Any guild from chaos going to recruit on this server?

#16 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

If the server oficial launch is 7/5/2017 will it reset at that day? or we will keep everything?

OMFG i already bought 2 costume box. Hope not.

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

OMFG i already bought 2 costume box. Hope not.

Lmfao I've already spent over 2k KP #Rekt

#18 Reaygahy

Reaygahy

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:32 AM

No Mac support I suppose ?

#19 Ultimatespirit

Ultimatespirit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

Not natively, no. However you can follow the guide here, on Mac it helps to use a program called Wineskin instead of base wine. The only caveat is that the DLM executable restart gives does not work in wine, the guide gets around that by direct downloading the .msi files, but that mirror is for the normal iRO renewel client, not restart. To get around that I had to use a Windows machine (VM works) to download the files then transfer the files it downloaded (a .msi and two .cab files) to the wineskin. I don't know if the files themselves are directly mirrored anywhere by now but that's what I had to do.

#20 Reaygahy

Reaygahy

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

Thanks a lot mate. Unfortunately i won't be able to use a windows machine anytime soon. Would love to try the Re start server but gotta stick to iRO then.

#21 Sphilia

Sphilia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

Not natively, no. However you can follow the guide here, on Mac it helps to use a program called Wineskin instead of base wine. The only caveat is that the DLM executable restart gives does not work in wine, the guide gets around that by direct downloading the .msi files, but that mirror is for the normal iRO renewel client, not restart. To get around that I had to use a Windows machine (VM works) to download the files then transfer the files it downloaded (a .msi and two .cab files) to the wineskin. I don't know if the files themselves are directly mirrored anywhere by now but that's what I had to do.

RE:START Client Mirrors: http://forums.irowik...hp?topic=107380

#22 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

I've written a guide specifically for running the RO client on macOS under Wine. I've just updated it to support the Restart client. :) Be warned that the client will occasionally crash macOS!

I'm currently uploading the Restart client installer to MediaFire. The transfer will complete in approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. Until then, you can download the installer from the mirror that Sphilia posted.

Edited by Axylus, 30 June 2017 - 10:30 AM.

#23 Ultimatespirit

Ultimatespirit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

I've written a guide specifically for running the RO client on macOS under Wine. I've just updated it to support the Restart client. :) Be warned that the client will occasionally crash macOS!

I'm currently uploading the Restart client installer to MediaFire. The transfer will complete in approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. Until then, you can download the installer from the mirror that Sphilia posted.

If the client is causing the entire OS to crash, as in Kernel panic or otherwise unsavourable things, I would highly recommend updating your method to use a wineskin, as it will help mitigate such issues (though I have no idea why wine would case a kernel panic...). Otherwise, thanks as always for your hard work providing easy to follow guides for the Unix community :)

P.S. If you want I could make a dummy wrapper and upload it to Mediafire or somewhere, installation then just becomes "Download the wrapper, open the application folder [show package contents], drag and drop an already existing RO folder/the .msi files here + double click this thing here[provided by me inside the wrapper] to install, double click the app to launch RO"

Edited by Ultimatespirit, 30 June 2017 - 08:24 PM.

#24 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

If the client is causing the entire OS to crash, as in Kernel panic or otherwise unsavourable things, I would highly recommend updating your method to use a wineskin, as it will help mitigate such issues (though I have no idea why wine would case a kernel panic...). Otherwise, thanks as always for your hard work providing easy to follow guides for the Unix community :)

P.S. If you want I could make a dummy wrapper and upload it to Mediafire or somewhere, installation then just becomes "Download the wrapper, open the application folder [show package contents], drag and drop an already existing RO folder/the .msi files here + double click this thing here[provided by me inside the wrapper] to install, double click the app to launch RO"

How would using Wineskin mitigate the problem? Isn't Wineskin only a GUI for Wine? In any case, the client also causes crashes when I run it under CrossOver, which is a highly-modified fork of Wine.

I don't distribute Wineskin wrappers anymore because they cause more problems than they solve. If you knew how much of your personal information was stored in Wine's registry, then you probably wouldn't offer to share a wrapper, hehe! :D Additionally, I haven't had anyone complain that the guide is too difficult to follow. :)

#25 Ultimatespirit

Ultimatespirit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

How would using Wineskin mitigate the problem? Isn't Wineskin only a GUI for Wine? In any case, the client also causes crashes when I run it under CrossOver, which is a highly-modified fork of Wine.

I don't distribute Wineskin wrappers anymore because they cause more problems than they solve. If you knew how much of your personal information was stored in Wine's registry, then you probably wouldn't offer to share a wrapper, hehe! :D Additionally, I haven't had anyone complain that the guide is too difficult to follow. :)

Wineskin wraps the entire wine process into a sandbox-able application, by default that translates to lower ability to cause kernel panics. And I'm well aware of the personal information stored, it's not impossible to get rid of that. Never meant to mean your guide was hard to follow, I quite like it. It's definitely worrying that kernel panics are occurring though, figured since I've never seen that with wineskin may have been worth the shot. Since it seems you were already doing so before I suppose it's some other factor then.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users