June 28th Ragnarok RE:START .. RESTART - Page 5 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 28th Ragnarok RE:START .. RESTART

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#101 Niohoggr

Niohoggr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Do not skip stuffs.

"... back in time to 2003 on .." is reference to experiencing the old updates first hand again. It doesn't mean we will have the game as is, as it was on the very first launch.

Right now we have the game as it is on every other server minus a few exp and monster location tweaks. The site also clearly states episodic updating, meaning we should be starting in 2003 or as close to it as possible and going from there. The way the server is at this point is starting at episode 16.x and working backwards till they figure out where we're supposed to be.

TLDR: What they said the server was going to be and what it currently is are two different things.

#102 SlayerYuffie

SlayerYuffie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

Hi Eiko, nice to see you again!

Hai! :D Yeah, I've been MIA for a while and heard about this server. lol 

To the next poster, if it references experiencing the patches again then we should be starting from the beginning. Otherwise, how will we experience them? It's like saying we'll be experiencing the Renewal patches again while having Renewal content. That doesn't make any sense because then, nothing would change. :P

Also according to the snippet, it references having just the Rune Midgarts Kingdom while experiencing each future episode. If that's the case, then we should be having each town as it was before the episodes took place. So Payon shouldn't be expanded like it is now.

For example, Morroc is now as it was from the beginning. You wouldn't see it as it was when Satan Morroc destroyed the center and then have a patch for it. That would make no sense. No offense, but you also shouldn't "skip stuffs" either. 

Edited by SlayerYuffie, 01 July 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#103 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

I said to not skip stuffs because he said that it was marketed as being a vanilla when it is not. On the many info in FAQ and server info he only focused on "takes us back in time to 2003"

Server info pretty much states it is not vanilla server.

#104 Niohoggr

Niohoggr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

I said to not skip stuffs because he said that it was marketed as being a vanilla when it is not. On the many info in FAQ and server info he only focused on "takes us back in time to 2003"

Server info pretty much states it is not vanilla server.

What is Ragnarok RE:START?
Ragnarok RE:START is a special server that will launch with game content only consisting of the Rune Midgard Kingdom. Over time, each future episode will be released onto the server. This allows players to enjoy the game content as it evolved over time.

With the full suite of convenience features such as RODEX and Achievements, players will find that it is easier than ever to keep in touch with friends and compete with others to be the best adventurer in the realm. Every month Ragnarok RE:START servers take one step closer to the Ragnarok Online of today, as new dungeons, monsters, and episodes come into play!

How are we going to "enjoy the game content as it evolved over time" If we start the game with 14 years of content already in and available. How do we have episodic updating if there's nothing to update to?

• Timed releases of game updates, so that players may experience the game as it evolved.
  • Achievement System.
  • RODex Mail system.
  • Kafra Shop with convenience and cosmetic items.
  • VIP System
  • Free to Play
  • Over 1,500 Unique Headgear Looks
  • In game events for every major holiday.
  • Silvervine System
  • 2-1 Classes Available from the start
  • Classic Training Grounds

Here's the server info. Aside from the obvious renewal additions and 2-1 classes. The server should be pretty stock. Not what it currently is.

Edited by Niohoggr, 01 July 2017 - 12:44 PM.

#105 SlayerYuffie

SlayerYuffie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

But it is marketed as vanilla by plainly saying that it's going back to 2003 which is when the game first came out. It then goes on to say that you can experience the patches as they come out like when the game was new. Just by saying that, they're inferring that the game is going to be vanilla and then gradually growing as the patches roll out. 

I looked at the FAQS, it's not a hybrid. The only things that transferred from Renewal are the damage/attacks and some cast-delay timer, although for some reason we have the Costumes. *shrugs* Beats me. 

This is pure vanilla, plain and simple, with it gradually working TOWARD Renewal. THIS IS NOT A HYBRID. End point. 

Edited by SlayerYuffie, 01 July 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#106 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

What are we doing about the blue herbs inflation and zeny inflation from cash shop arrow boxes selling for 100k to npc that people spam bought?

Edited by vaxel, 01 July 2017 - 03:01 PM.

#107 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

but since this is supposed to be true to old school/vanilla

It's not, read the FAQ again. Classic is another server.

Edited by Allori, 01 July 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#108 SlayerYuffie

SlayerYuffie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

It's not, read the FAQ again. Classic is another server.

*sigh* The difference between Classic and this server is that Classic is perpetually Classic. This server is going back to the beginning and then growing up until Renewal. Thus it is STARTING at Vanilla and then working its way up. THAT is the idea that you can't seem to grasp. And considering the server started literally 4 days ago, then it should be at the vanilla stage. Please read the FAQ again because obviously you didn't. 

Edited by SlayerYuffie, 01 July 2017 - 05:48 PM.

#109 Niohoggr

Niohoggr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

*sigh* The difference between Classic and this server is that Classic is perpetually Classic. This server is going back to the beginning and then growing up until Renewal. Thus it is STARTING at Vanilla and then working its way up. THAT is the idea that you can't seem to grasp. Please read the FAQ again because obviously you didn't. 

This.

This server is supposed to start around(meaning not exactly vanilla but somewhere around) episode 1.

It is supposed to get episodic updates monthly as stated in its description and faq's.

It is supposed to get these updates up to current renewal servers.

We don't currently know what episode we are at considering almost everything is available.

As the server is now, we can't really have episodic updates if theres nothing to update to. (minus trans and 3rd)

Side note: Classic is nowhere near "vanilla" its almost as far from it as renewal is.

#110 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:48 PM

This.

This server is supposed to start around(meaning not exactly vanilla but somewhere around) episode 1.

It is supposed to get episodic updates monthly as stated in its description and faq's.

It is supposed to get these updates up to current renewal servers.

We don't currently know what episode we are at considering almost everything is available.

As the server is now, we can't really have episodic updates if theres nothing to update to. (minus trans and 3rd)

Side note: Classic is nowhere near "vanilla" its almost as far from it as renewal is.

Were building out the current monsterspawn/content list and update schedule so players will know exactly what is where at this time. Its my understanding that most of the early content updates to REVO Classic style servers consist of adding the 2-2 classes

#111 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

but still, this is not vanilla, juno is not part of rune midgar per se, and come around the same time 2-2 were introduced, same as niffelheim, amatsu,louyang,etc. not that i actually mind the more places to lvl the better, but i find that "2003" vibe they want to add is a lil shady

i still see it as a hybrid server, the only thing i don't like about that is they're using similar classic exp charts or worse, thats means its gonna be a mindless grinding towards lvls 90+, i wish they somehow could add some kind of field quest and more iro features and not just carbon copy of pro and twro

also campi plz add the peco peco and juice npcs!

#112 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

• Level difference EXP Penalty is removed

Can we have the party level EXP restriction removed? Then it really will be like old times.   The current "Equal Share" level range is painful @_@

#113 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

The current share range is 15 and in the old days it was 10.

#114 MoeMoeKyunh

MoeMoeKyunh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

is there a wipe?

#115 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

is there a wipe?

No, there will be no wipe.

#116 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

*sigh* The difference between Classic and this server is that Classic is perpetually Classic. This server is going back to the beginning and then growing up until Renewal. Thus it is STARTING at Vanilla and then working its way up. THAT is the idea that you can't seem to grasp. And considering the server started literally 4 days ago, then it should be at the vanilla stage. Please read the FAQ again because obviously you didn't. 

You should do some research before start playing, everybody here knows that this server is meant to be a hybrid between Classic and Renewal...

#117 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

You should do some research before start playing, everybody here knows that this server is meant to be a hybrid between Classic and Renewal...

Just forget it. They seem to think 2003 should mean a vanilla server. Here I am wondering how many episode and contents were added on that year, 2003. For all we know, information of FAQ might be handed down and just translated from korea and it means how kRO was back then in 2003.

Edited by dzn018, 02 July 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#118 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

Just forget it. They seem to think 2003 should mean a vanilla server. Here I am wondering how many episode and contents were added on that year, 2003. For all we know, information of FAQ might be handed down and just translated from korea and it means how kRO was back then in 2003.

There is a problem with that specific line, ok. So:

This server is based on REVO: classic, wich is the new Philippines oficial server. The idea sounds me like how renewal should have been in first place, starting from 1rst episode ( i recognize that we aren't there, we are somewhere around Amatsu/Kunlun/Louyang/Comodo/Niflheim xD) with the Renewal UI, because that is how Ragnarok is intended to be.

This is not a classic server, otherwise we wouldn't get that much people here (my opinion). Most people here are giving a last chance to this old game, let's see what we get, because even if there are better games now (Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy,...), we still love that old fashioned Korean game about grinding and farming.

Warp portal's FAQ should be replaced by the irowiki's one, btw (http://irowiki.org/wiki/RE:Start).

Edited by Allori, 02 July 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#119 RoadGamerCarlo81

RoadGamerCarlo81

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:58 AM

turtle island and juno should not be there yet..

btw..

can we use the old collection of skins from the old iRO Gravity US..  I dunno though if it still exists!

Edited by RoadGamerCarlo81, 16 July 2017 - 03:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users