15 replies to this topic

#1 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationAt the place, doing the thing with the stuff

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

This proposal is to introduce a Basic Skill called Catalyst Upgrade. Like the name implies, the purpose of the skill is to upgrade your current catalysts to even better ones so that you can use higher % catalysts for better success.

In order to make this a non-profitable non-enterprising skill, I propose to make it somewhat costly so that the main purpose is to give yourself higher % catalysts for refining and not to upgrade for reselling (unless you'd like to sell a higher catalyst for a loss).

The formula success rates should not be influenced by a player's Con; the success % is based on luck (with slight influence by chems used) and that all players of all levels and jobs can use the skill.

The upgrades will go as follows:

3 White powders + 1 Chem (Of any choice, Higher Quality Chem gives a better % success) = 1 Grey Powder
3 Grey + 2 Chem = 1 Green Powder
3 Green + 4 Chem = 1 Blue Powder
3 Blue + 6 Chem = 1 Pink Powder
3 Pink + 8 Chem = 1 Orange Powder
2 Orange + 10 Chem = 1 Red Powder
2 Red + 20 Chem = 1 Lisent FE
2 Lisent FE + 25 Chem = 1 Lisent AL
2 Lisent AL + 35 Chem = 1 Lisent NA
2 Lisent NA + 50 Chem = 1 Lisent AU

These are not set in stone, just theoretical values. This would allow the availability of the higher catalysts to anybody, at the cost of the lower ones. Those who farm at spots that only drop certain catalysts can upgrade to their choice, and those who would rather not farm can always upgrade from whatever base level they choose from.

I cant quite predict the economic repercussions, but i took in consideration current catalysts prices, and upgrading to the next catalyst up will result in a loss in value. This would purely be to give you a better shot at refining, and not for profit.

Please let me know what you think, thank you.

Addendum:

It may also be suitable to have the Weapon Seller NPCs (Crune, etc.) be responsible for upgrading catalysts instead of having a separate skill of our own, thus having all related to refining at one NPC location. Either way would be ok, as I'm not sure if this would be catagorized as a craft or a refine (Probably a craft since we recieve a new item as opposed to a (+1)). As long as we are able to see a % based chance instead of the "Easy, Fair, etc" categories in crafting. Also, the % success should be relatively high throughout the upgrades, as a loss in value is already built into the proposed equations (also Crune can add an additional surcharge for upgrading).

This would continue the trend of allowing Crune to be the bane of our existence, when upgrading a catalyst fails.

Edited by ZookeeperAndy, 16 December 2010 - 03:40 PM.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Not a bad idea. Maybe people could actually use Au's because those are practically non existant.

#3 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

Great idea O_o!

#4 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

Not a bad idea. Maybe people could actually use Au's because those are practically non existant.

Fierry snapper drops them ! Just ... rare

#5 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

Yeah thats my point. The drops are so rare you can't farm them alone in a lifetime, and even buying enough of them from other players is difficult. Not to mention they can still fail even if you do get enough.

Edited by Phish, 16 December 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#6 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

As an addendum to my original post:

It may also be suitable to have the Weapon Seller NPCs (Crune, etc.) be responsible for upgrading catalysts instead of having a separate skill of our own, thus having all related to refining at one NPC location. Either way would be ok, as I'm not sure if this would be catagorized as a craft or a refine (Probably a craft since we recieve a new item as opposed to a (+1)). As long as we are able to see a % based chance instead of the "Easy, Fair, etc" categories in crafting. Also, the % success should be relatively high throughout the upgrades, as a loss in value is already built into the proposed equations (also Crune can add an additional surcharge for upgrading).

This would continue the trend of allowing Crune to be the bane of our existence, when upgrading a catalyst fails.

Edited by ZookeeperAndy, 16 December 2010 - 03:27 PM.

#7 xSweetHeartx

xSweetHeartx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

I like your idea Andy. I'm looking forward for this kind of skill =)

#8 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

they might be the new pink of orlo!

#9 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

I'd Like the idea better if you could make a slight profit - or even made no profit whatsoever; but to loose money by upgrading would mean people would only make lisent AU with this new skill

I like the idea still tho- but thats my opinion -_-

#10 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

I'd Like the idea better if you could make a slight profit - or even made no profit whatsoever; but to loose money by upgrading would mean people would only make lisent AU with this new skill

I like the idea still tho- but thats my opinion -_-

Profitability is not the point, and of course is subjective to the users and fluctiations of the market. If you want to make a profit, just sell it higher then what the materials cost you.

The main idea is to exchange lower catalysts for higher at the cost of materials (chems) and/or (zulie) for the gain in % success, nothing more nothing less. I would think the cost to upgrade catalysts would be the reason NOT to make lisent AU all the time, as it is not cost effective. I'd rather have 4 shots with AL or 2 shots with NA, then 1 shot with AU. But that is the beauty of upgrading, you get a choice.

#11 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

The main idea is to exchange lower catalysts for higher at the cost of materials (chems) and/or (zulie) for the gain in % success, nothing more nothing less. I would think the cost to upgrade catalysts would be the reason NOT to make lisent AU all the time, as it is not cost effective. I'd rather have 4 shots with AL or 2 shots with NA, then 1 shot with AU. But that is the beauty of upgrading, you get a choice.

I think the success rate for upgrading catalysts should be 100% for that reason.

#12 Cricket1650

Cricket1650

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:28 PM

Yay! Make white powders into lisent au!

#13 ZookeeperAndy

ZookeeperAndy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Yay! Make white powders into lisent au!

Go for it! You'll only need (someone check my math?) 3888 whites and 3492 chems to make a single lisent AU. Have fun buddy.

#14 Cricket1650

Cricket1650

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

Go for it! You'll only need (someone check my math?) 3888 whites and 3492 chems to make a single lisent AU. Have fun buddy.

Oh that's it? I was figuring it would be more.

#15 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

that is one expensive piece of gold...

#16 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:28 AM

I like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users