Classic June 29th Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic June 29th Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:29 PM

IRO1 Classic Weekly Maintenance

June 29th

2pm -6pm

Quests

• The next new Headgear quest, the Donut In Mouth, is available. Speak to Frank in Morocc (who has moved to his own tent at 118, 93). Certificates can be found in the treasure caches.
    • To create this headgear you'll need the following:
      • 500 Bread
      • 100 Yams
      • 5 Level 3 Heal
      • 1 Sweet Milk
      • 1000 Zeny
      • 1 Donut In Mouth Certificate

Events

• The Rockridge themed event continues for one last week! Get your bounties now!
    • Cow Raiders and their Coyote are invading Hugel! This event continues for one more week!
    • Items dropped by the bandits can be exchanged for Rockridge Coins at the Waco Kid. He can be found at the dock of Hugel.
Spoiler
  • Coins can be exchanged for powerful items. Sheriff Bart will handle this exchange. He's also standing by the dock.
    • The Sheriff has the following available for trade:
Spoiler
  • 100% EXP + 50% Drops is extended through to next week in celebration of the 4th of July!

Spotlight

• The spotlight remains focused on Formless!
  • The following Formless will be affected:

Spoiler

Updates

• Headgear Certifications now provide more information about their various new values.
  • Frank has re-arranged how his hat shop works to match the new tier system.

Fixes

• The Waco Kid has stopped drinking whiskey and now properly recognizes the other bounty items he's supposed to be collecting.

Upcoming Events

• Next week the Summer Fishing Event begins!
    • Rumors say the rewards this year will be different then previous years, and potentially powerful.

Server Status: OPEN

#2 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

What about the drop rates and amounts for coins you haven't fixed that and the amount needed it's more worth it to bot it then play this game

#3 SRamos

SRamos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

Another week without the new Treasure Cache System? Really? 

One more week and we can celebrate a birthday   :wah:

#4 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:36 AM

Venatu's didnt make the list?

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:45 AM

Do me a favour, during this weeks maintenance write a quick query to pull the number of coins people have. Dont bother with the armors because it's highly unlikely anyone has farmed enough to earn any pieces. But I dont think you really understand how unappealing this "event" is.

#6 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

last week i couldnt find frank in morroc. i havent used the npc in a while. did it get moved?

#7 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Do me a favour, during this weeks maintenance write a quick query to pull the number of coins people have. Dont bother with the armors because it's highly unlikely anyone has farmed enough to earn any pieces.

this is a good idea, just to get a reliable view of what players can get done/would get done in two weeks.

#8 Ozallia

Ozallia

Amateur Blogger

• RO1 Production
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

last week i couldnt find frank in morroc. i havent used the npc in a while. did it get moved?

Speak to Frank in Morocc (who has moved to his own tent at 118, 93).

Server is open.

#9 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

Speak to Frank in Morocc (who has moved to his own tent at 118, 93).
Server is open.

Quit side stepping legitment questions your just making yourself and the rest of the staff look incompetent. I feel you should actually try to build a relationship with the community but I feel you continue to walk the foot steps of your predecessors

#10 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:26 PM

currently the recyclatron rewards 2 forgery tokens for a tier three headgear cert. and hank requires 125 forgery tokens and a blank cert to make one tier three headgear cert. this is completely wrong. i attempted to bring up the early problems with this system involving the low low chance of getting a good cert from actual game play opening boxes. i was ignored. and the community response was something close to "but i spent just $10 on gold keys and look!". i tried to address this by bringing up the chance of a mvp bronze being too low. should be 100% drop. because of all the system hoops we have to jump thru afterward to get the actual gear pc. then seeing how as the system was not yet (is not yet) complete. i suggested a turn in system to both cycle out unwanted headgear certs and perhaps give you a second go at getting one you want.need. and we get a roughly 70 to 1 return? and we either have to spend more $$ or get uber lucky to get this new blank cert? i have actually mvped for bronzes and spent $$ on gold keys. i still dont have anywhere close to enough certs to break down to craft one tier three cert, to craft one hat, to get one attempt at upgrading it to get its effect.

we have taken the spirit of a great idea in this system and crushed it.

i know i sound salty as ****  all the time nowadays. it's only because i actually care. this entire change over from the old kp box system to this system was/is a wreck. because of the crawling pace it has been "released". and because i believe the design philosophy has changed or been lost entirely is staff changes, loss of a good chunk of our old fourm community, the passing of an entire year. 

this was originally supposed to be a system to:

1)make kp hats obtainable with questing

2)make kp consumables obtainable in game

3)encourage farming and questing (or get players to play the drn game!)

4)offer a way for new players (lvl 70+ NON reborn) to get some basic gears/cards by chance. and again by making keys available by questing, get them to play.

if this is not the intent of the system. then i ask that the intent is made clear. and i invite any of the gm team to go play incognito and forge a tier three hat cert. well your at it go try to get rockridge coins.

Edited by lxst, 29 June 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#11 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

if this is not the intent of the system. then i ask that the intent is made clear. and i invite any of the gm team to go play incognito and forge a tier three hat cert. well your at it go try to get rockridge coins.

This is a thing that should happen more often, if any of the GMs would like to sit down and actually play I'm sure there's plenty of knowledgeable people who would be happy to help school them on how things work. The only time I can remember this happening was when Heim had the bright idea to swap Thors 1/2 around because he had/has no idea how the game works and Camp got on and played a TKM for a bit to understand what TKMing involved at the time.

#12 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:19 AM

This is a thing that should happen more often, if any of the GMs would like to sit down and actually play I'm sure there's plenty of knowledgeable people who would be happy to help school them on how things work. The only time I can remember this happening was when Heim had the bright idea to swap Thors 1/2 around because he had/has no idea how the game works and Camp got on and played a TKM for a bit to understand what TKMing involved at the time.

and thank the royal familys of rune midgar he did.... can you imagine?

idk, i guess i could always give my items to friends and RE:START. but i would miss classic too much. i played renewal for a few months last year. ended up coming back to my server. it's like, "the windows are busted out, and the paint is pealing. but it's home"

#13 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

can i please get confirmation on this item's drop rate? 

13034.png Desert Twilight [2]

i see records of sales on ragial. and i remember seeing them around. but they all but disappeared about 1 year ago. i personally have tried to farm one off and on the entire time i've been on classic.

#14 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

My guess is its currently sitting at either 0 or 0.01%. I've only seen one 18+ months ago and I've spent plenty of hours down there. It was probably rolled back to 0% after one of those GSB drop rate shananigans. The drops sheet from two years ago has it listed at 0% also.

#15 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

My guess is its currently sitting at either 0 or 0.01%. I've only seen one 18+ months ago and I've spent plenty of hours down there. It was probably rolled back to 0% after one of those GSB drop rate shananigans. The drops sheet from two years ago has it listed at 0% also.

I have a feeling the same thing happened to Magic Bibles. They used to drop at a decent rate, but dried up suddenly a few months ago. 

#16 ttaggong

ttaggong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

you hate Venatu?

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

VENATU ARE FORMLESS WHY ARENT THEY ON THE SPOTLIGHT LIST?

#18 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

ya, i just remember them being around. i feel like a few items got drop nerfed in various fixes. couldn't find the old patch when they "fixed" a few of the GD drop rates. that was a good year, year and a half ago now.

#19 smugg

smugg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

for the rock ridge event im going to get nowhere near the amount of coins needed, should i hold on the to the loot or turn it into coins?

#20 shidobelgica

shidobelgica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

I have a feeling the same thing happened to Magic Bibles. They used to drop at a decent rate, but dried up suddenly a few months ago. 

getting 1~2 bible / 15min :p_sleep:

venatu need boost :p_sad:

@Ozallia could u read my pm about a bug?

Edited by shidobelgica, 02 July 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#21 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

cant believe that wasn't edited. here, i'll do it.

Edited by lxst, 05 July 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#22 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

Quit side stepping legitment questions your just making yourself and the rest of the staff look incompetent. I feel you should actually try to build a relationship with the community but I feel you continue to walk the foot steps of your predecessors

sooooooooooooooooooooo true he didn't even bother to respond to you nor did they even bother to edit or shush your post LOL

they implemented kvm, and the whole community thinks it shouldn't have been implemented that way...............

shows how much they care about classic.............

check the bug section so many bugs they don't fix.............

still haven't fixed shinoobi card GMs

advice for new players don't play classic and don't play restart or renewal just stay away from these guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users