Uniform Cooldown for All Instances/Repeatable Quests - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Uniform Cooldown for All Instances/Repeatable Quests

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:34 AM

With the introduction of 16.1, iRO has received lots of new quests. These quests has the same cooldown,regardless of when you do them. I've found this system better since it allows you to do instances at a later time without the cooldown being pushed back. I'm not sure if WP has the jurisdiction to edit this, or if it is even possible, but maybe it is something that can be looked at.

Edited by kappakeepokupo, 30 June 2017 - 01:42 AM.

#2 Rarog

Rarog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRussia
  • Server:RT

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:56 AM

+1

Reasonable, especially for gamers from different time zones.

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

yes

#4 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

Yes. I was thinking of asking this next Q&A livestream, since they have the means to do this now.

#5 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

I thought kRO did this for all quests when they implemented fixed cooldown times. Would be cool if a kRO player could confirm/deny.

Edited by Zayaan, 30 June 2017 - 09:38 AM.

#6 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Confirmed by Ye Kim.

Yes, all repeatable quest's cooldown(including 3-day, 7-day cooldown) reset at 4 a.m.. It's been changed in Feb 2015, so it's been 2 years..

Link for patch note : http://ro.gnjoy.com/...6494&curpage=25

- 반복 퀘스트 초기화 시간이 04:00로 변경됩니다(* Reset time of repeatable quests has been changed to 04:00).

Edited by Zayaan, 01 July 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#7 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

Cool. I hope Camp looks into this and request it from kRO. 

#8 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

Bump for trying to bring GM's attention to this.

#9 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

I approve (this message). However, maybe to prevent minor abuse of timings, they should implement a secondary time instead of just 4am.

For example, someone does an instance at 11:30pm server time, and then would be able to do it 5 hours later. Should then make the cooldown to like, noon.

#10 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

I approve (this message). However, maybe to prevent minor abuse of timings, they should implement a secondary time instead of just 4am.

For example, someone does an instance at 11:30pm server time, and then would be able to do it 5 hours later. Should then make the cooldown to like, noon.

But... that was the whole point of my suggestion. Even the 16.1 dailies work like this. Is that even considered an abuse?

#11 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

They would still have to wait 24h before being able to do it for the third time.

No matter at what time the universal reset is, you still cannot do daylies more than once per 24h reset cycle.

This is equivalent to once a day if the reset is at midnight for your timezone.

What makes a servertime based reset better than a "wait x h after entering/finishing" is that you can do them earlier or later during your day without any downsides.

People skipped doing instances when they had no time to do them at "their usual time for that instance" because it would have screwed badly with the timers with the current system. :/

#12 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:40 AM

What makes a servertime based reset better than a "wait x h after entering/finishing" is that you can do them earlier or later during your day without any downsides.

People skipped doing instances when they had no time to do them at "their usual time for that instance" because it would have screwed badly with the timers with the current system. :/

Exactly. Specially since they keep implementing instances where you can only get cooldown after you finish and that usually keeps delaying the timers.

Can't be too hard to implement, kro had it for 2 years yet we don't get these sort of useful updates...

#13 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

They would still have to wait 24h before being able to do it for the third time.
No matter at what time the universal reset is, you still cannot do daylies more than once per 24h reset cycle.
This is equivalent to once a day if the reset is at midnight for your timezone.

Took the words right out my mouth, lol. As an example, Turn Ins at Eden can already be done twice if you are watching the cooldowns, for a total of 3 in 1. But then you can't TI at all for a full 24 hours after, so it balances out in the long run. ^_^

#14 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

bump

#15 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

bump

#16 Freok

Freok

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

Please

#17 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

I have been asking this for years.  People have jobs, lives, and other things that make it hard to do the instance or quest as the same time every day.  I suggested that all instances be reset at midnight, which makes partying with people or doing instance much much better.  Since it doesn't require people to be on at a certain time at a specific date/day, people will have more fun doing instance, partying with people for leveling, etc.  I suggested this a while ago(many years ago), but as always, they do not listen to my suggestions and yeah...  So, long story short, I just stopped giving my suggestions to them cause I know the result.  They will just ignore my suggestions. 

I also asked them to take off the warp restriction by kafra for non vips as well.  Meaning that people will be able to teleport to other towns the same way as VIP accounts do.  Limiting new players, especially in Kafra teleport use, will probably frustrate new players cause they are new and do not know how to get to new towns, or even know there are other towns to begin with.  Kafra warps does not add any exp bonus, item drop bonus, or any bonus other than to give the ability for people to explore new locations or access it a bit easier.  For example, in order to get to juno, you can teleport there directly from a npc in prontera.  But since new players do not know how to do that and being limited by kafra warps.  They will have a hard time getting there.  They can not get there from Alde Baren because they can only teleport to geffen.  Thats it!  They can not teleport to Juno, which is only 1 town away from Alde Baren.  Same goes for getting to Alde Baren from Geffen.  Non VIPs cant teleport there from Geffen.  To make things short, all or majority of town kafras have 1 way warps and that is only in the direction towards Prontera.  Once your in Prontera, then you can warp to Geffen, Payon, Izlude, Comodo, Umbala, etc directly.  See how that can be annoying?!?!  But again, I am pretty sure they will just ignore my suggestion as usual...

Edited by Moogle, 26 July 2017 - 08:00 PM.

#18 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

bumpity bump

#19 ZhaoLi

ZhaoLi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

Seriously this is a nice suggestion.

Timer should reset at a fixed time every day or every week.

As long as we only do it once per day or per week, what is the point to wait for 23 hours?

it is very hard to match the timer with friends to do things together.

#20 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

bump for visibility  :p_love:

#21 Kirx

Kirx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  • LocationSPHINX ---DESERT TRADING CENTER
  • Server:JOURNEY S7 Ragnarok

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Refresh every 6 hours, weekly events, refresh each 12 hours pretty nice !

#22 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

bump!

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

I will ask them for their quest table to see what they did. By uniform cool down you mean the system where it resets at midnight no matter when you do the quest?

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

That's what uniform cooldowns are. And they are used in various other MMOs already, quite effectively

#25 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:13 PM

Its just nice to not have to feel like I need to schedule my life around doing instances at a particular time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users