Economy is pretty much already ruined - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Economy is pretty much already ruined

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#1 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:51 AM

The amount of people grinding out new characters for their gift boxes is not only flooding the place with stuff that normally wouldnt be easily available at this time (emperiums, Ori, Elu, elements, etc) but it is also dumping millions of zeny into the system. Even worse, the place is getting flooded with KP items thanks to all those free KPs The costumes are entirely worthless now, and people are making hundreds of thousands of elemental arrows, not to mention all the rented mounts, etc. Thank Christ that it doesnt seem possible for them to buy Silvervines, or else things would be going even worse.

#2 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

.... This... Is norm for an MMO

#3 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

No, it isnt. Exploitable, free, high value items available in unlimited quantities from a character 2 minutes old is not, at all, normal for any MMO.

#4 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

People are getting the money and "OP" stuff from Gift Boxes, as I had mentioned. But the flood of KP items from the however many million free KP they gave out, is of huge concern. Especially being that small groups of people hoarded codes, and have tens of thousands of KP. It hurts not only Warp Portal, but also everyone else. Anyone that had planned to do anything legit with KP is completely dissuaded from doing so. And having hundreds of thousands of arrows that SHOULD have been rather uncommon, especially at this stage, has given archers an insane advantage. And since you can/could just create as many as you like, for free, archers arent even money sinking.

But whatever. I guess flooding millions of zeny, and pretty much all the cash shop items from day one of a server, giving people hundreds of HD and enriched Elu/Ori, throwing out tons of regular elu, ori, emperium, etc is totally fine. Meanwhile, the entire premise of this new server is pretty much wrecked. As someone mentioned in another thread, people having +10 gear on the 3rd day of the server's life is not a great sign.

#5 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:27 AM

Man, i'm main archer, and bought a lot of arrows just with the loot that i have got while farming... Anyone who buys tons of arrows, despites immaterial, sound a lot stupid to me,specially when "Making Arrows" is avaiable (the quest is 100% working), so you can get 600 elemental arrows from elemental stones...

About the gift boxes... At my point of view, this server was never intended to be a Vanilla/Classic server, we are following the new Ph server mechanics, which is like a new renewal, where the game mechanics starts as renewal, from the very beginning. So, including the achievement system...  So, stop thinking as a 2003 player, it won't work, try to learn how to play this game again, otherwise you are gonna just be frustraded.

Obs: Sorry about my grammar, english is not my main language.

#6 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:36 AM

Wow... Does no one read what I am writing? Is it that confusing? This is a "way to play the game." There is no way, at all, that this was intended. It is being heavily, heavily exploited, and it seems like no one cares. When your level 11 novice is making 300k an hour in things to sell to the NPC, and still being left with high end loot, that is not ok.

And elemental arrows through arrow crafting would be totally fine, because as mentioned, it makes them uncommon to rare. Especially now. You would need to actually farm out the stuff to convert, and have the skill to do the conversion. It isnt an unlimited source. And since the KP is free, and therefore not nearly as limited as it had been if people had to pay for it, it is not ok. If each person had 250 KP to play with, it wouldnt have been too bad, although still not great. (since it would give you 200,000 zeny in crystal arrows...) But the issue is that MOST players arent getting the KP. And anyone from now on wont get that KP. People found out about the free KP codes, exploited the absolute hell out of it, and are now flooding the server.

That people think that this is ok literally boggles the mind.

#7 Awoooooo

Awoooooo

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:38 AM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As time goes on those items will trickle out of circulation with people that buy them and quit or make them and quit. It will contribute to a mild amount of early inflation, but not enough to really have any effect 3months from now when the Elus/Oris return to their default quantities without the boost from free points new accounts are getting from the codes.

It affects things NOW. It won't later.

Edited by Awoooooo, 02 July 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#8 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

How a server starts has a lot to do with how things turn out later. And we are playing in the now. WoE will, without question, be dominated by those that exploited this. No one is going to have a chance against people with the loadouts that are already out there. A person on a forum that shall remain nameless, has over 20,000 WoE whites, which he got for free. He has over 200 codes waiting to be used, and several hundreds already used. 100 codes is 25,000 KP.

Again, P2W would have played a part in this anyway. But this isnt P2W, this is just people exploiting the game to create a very unfair advantage for themselves. They used Gift Boxes to give them initial upgrading materials, as well as a mountain of zeny. They used that to buy up gear, and start upgrading. Used the emperiums to make guilds. And now they are using the KP for tokens, healing, overupgrading, etc.

#9 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

How a server starts has a lot to do with how things turn out later. And we are playing in the now. WoE will, without question, be dominated by those that exploited this. No one is going to have a chance against people with the loadouts that are already out there. A person on a forum that shall remain nameless, has over 20,000 WoE whites, which he got for free. He has over 200 codes waiting to be used, and several hundreds already used. 100 codes is 25,000 KP.

Again, P2W would have played a part in this anyway. But this isnt P2W, this is just people exploiting the game to create a very unfair advantage for themselves. They used Gift Boxes to give them initial upgrading materials, as well as a mountain of zeny. They used that to buy up gear, and start upgrading. Used the emperiums to make guilds. And now they are using the KP for tokens, healing, overupgrading, etc.

That put in words, we really have a problem :(

Would you mind to send a ticket reporting these players? 

About the achievement system, shouldn't the achievment level be account wise? Because that is what gives the gift boxes '-'

#10 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

Please report that abuser. He should be easily traceable in the system.

#11 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

Hmmm agreed about GMs need doing something about that exploit from Achievement system, but the only thing can help a little for now is modified the character deleted system, mean change the time to deleted the character, why no put 1~2 weeks to can be deleted, hell we have 3~12 characters slots and we star 4 days ago, i dont see anyone have problems if we implement this "fix",at least for a whole month because if GMs touch even a little the achievement system will be a mess and a lot of players will complain.

#12 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

And here I am trying to get 250 KP code lol

Well you are free to report the exploiter and hope for the best? xD

#13 Archiedagod

Archiedagod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

quit crying game is 20 years old .. waaa 

#14 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

Hmmm agreed about GMs need doing something about that exploit from Achievement system, but the only thing can help a little for now is modified the character deleted system, mean change the time to deleted the character, why no put 1~2 weeks to can be deleted, hell we have 3~12 characters slots and we star 4 days ago, i dont see anyone have problems if we implement this "fix",at least for a whole month because if GMs touch even a little the achievement system will be a mess and a lot of players will complain.

That would be awful for people name holding to re-make / for friends that are out of town. Would be better to just remove gift boxes from the lower level achievements.

#15 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

RO Re:start doesnt even have a support page to report things to. And even if I report the two people that I personally know, that leaves everyone else, which I dont know the exact names of, now doesnt it? And the damage is pretty much done, unless they are going to do a rollback. And that is what sucks. We finally have a nice, fresh server, where people can start out on more of an even footing, and it is screwed right out the gate. There might as well have been a duping bug.

#16 sco0t

sco0t

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

This server is completely -_-.

#17 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

It sounds like this Headstart should be a real eye opener for the GMs. It has been said that iRO players are notoriously adept at finding new and creative ways to exploit the game and its mechanics. Armed with the information gathered during this Beta test, I believe it is in the game's best interest to make the following changes: 

Make Kafra shop items account bound and unable to NPC. This would be limited in duration at the GMs discretion. This would allow time for the 250kp to be used in the spirit in which it was intended. 

Reconsider the inclusion of WoE whites in the Kafra shop at this time. 

Adjust the gift box rewards to start at a higher level. Level 30-40 sounds fair.

Restart the sever on launch. Roll everyone back to 1/1 so as to retain name choices, remove all items and zeny acquired, reset the wp points for any kp conversions, reset the free 250. (hopefully given the changes, different choices would be made) give everyone a "founder's pack" as a thank-you. (also account bound and unable to NPC). 

Bots. OMG so many already. 

I don't normally advocate for a wipe, but in this case it's only a week in and there have been some pretty concerning issues that need to be dealt with. I believe the majority of the community would rather start over than watch the same group of people gain an unfair advantage that will undoubtedly color the balance of the server for months to come. (ie: WoE and MVPs) So many players have quit in the past due to the perceived lack of concern by the GM team, over issues such as these. This is a serious issue, in my opinion. Not only does this artificially inflate prices due to an influx of zeny, it also increases the rate at which the server ages.  

#18 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Odin (RE-START)

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

I've saw a thread in this forum, telling how to farm for those Gift Boxes, and by what it seems, you need 2 novice characters in 2 alternative accounts to do that, and keep remaking them after doing the exploit and storing the item.

I'm impressed how the developers didn't have taken that exploit out the game.

Edited by Nakano15, 02 July 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#19 Bluebamboo

Bluebamboo

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Man, i'm main archer, and bought a lot of arrows just with the loot that i have got while farming... Anyone who buys tons of arrows, despites immaterial, sound a lot stupid to me,specially when "Making Arrows" is avaiable (the quest is 100% working), so you can get 600 elemental arrows from elemental stones...

About the gift boxes... At my point of view, this server was never intended to be a Vanilla/Classic server, we are following the new Ph server mechanics, which is like a new renewal, where the game mechanics starts as renewal, from the very beginning. So, including the achievement system...  So, stop thinking as a 2003 player, it won't work, try to learn how to play this game again, otherwise you are gonna just be frustraded.

Obs: Sorry about my grammar, english is not my main language.

How do you do the making arrows quest? Where did you get the information?

#20 Shiratara

Shiratara

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:reStart

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

The server seems fine imho for being "Revo-classic", it's not a 100% true classic server because we wouldn't have any "newbie" or "beginner" friendly programs or in game promotions. As far as I know, the 250KP Coupons can only get you 50x50 - 2500 Whites and 20x50 - 1000 if you spend all 250 points on just WoE boxes; and I already tried lol you can only use "One" coupon per account from each of two existing Headstart Promotion pools, Meaning someone has to spend time to snag the codes (which also means they have to create more accounts) and then t hey have to create more game accounts to use those coupons. Not time effective imho.

The Giftbox method of abusing and exploiting the achievement system imho is shady because Giftboxes are essentially free OBBs and it's like playing the lottery, gonna get something good, or might just be a Jellopy. It's whatever for those who want to sink their time into getting those and then eventually having to sell at a lower price because of the lack of zeny in the economy. I can't imagine anyone having a million zeny yet without already having established a 99/50 Mob killer. (I'm thinking like 2-3 people or a guild that is actively farming OD2, Magma Dungeon, Niffleheim, etc for loots).

Edited by Shiratara, 02 July 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#21 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

http://imgur.com/aZM4IVX

#22 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

http://irowiki.org/w..._Crafting_Quest

Follow the euRO alternative information when listed. 

#23 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

The server seems fine imho for being "Revo-classic", it's not a 100% true classic server because we wouldn't have any "newbie" or "beginner" friendly programs or in game promotions. As far as I know, the 250KP Coupons can only get you 50x50 - 2500 Whites and 20x50 - 1000 if you spend all 250 points on just WoE boxes; and I already tried lol you can only use "One" coupon per account from each of two existing Headstart Promotion pools, Meaning someone has to spend time to snag the codes (which also means they have to create more accounts) and then t hey have to create more game accounts to use those coupons. Not time effective imho.

The Giftbox method of abusing and exploiting the achievement system imho is shady because Giftboxes are essentially free OBBs and it's like playing the lottery, gonna get something good, or might just be a Jellopy. It's whatever for those who want to sink their time into getting those and then eventually having to sell at a lower price because of the lack of zeny in the economy. I can't imagine anyone having a million zeny yet without already having established a 99/50 Mob killer. (I'm thinking like 2-3 people or a guild that is actively farming OD2, Magma Dungeon, Niffleheim, etc for loots).

You can claim two on the same account, for 500KP, actually. And since Silvervines can be used to purchase the WoE boxes, you can do the math. And you didnt need to make a new account. MMORPG.com required a new account each time, but the other one didnt. You just refresh, do the captcha, and boom, new code. You didnt even need an account at all. Since you can make 3 restart accounts per game account, it doesnt take them long, since they only take about 10 seconds to make. Once you max the IP, you simply use a VPN to change region, and continue. A certain forum has quite a detailed rundown.

And you dont see anyone having a million zeny yet? As mentioned, people are making 300k an hour abusing Gift Boxes, because there are so many valuable drops in it. Roses, diamonds, jewels, gold, etc. It adds up very quickly. And now that bots are fully operational, they can run 10 clients at a time, and the bot will go through the process. People are making millions in their sleep by abusing them, not to mention stockpiling hundreds of Ori and Elu.

#24 AlexBaker

AlexBaker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

250KP Coupons can only get you 50x50 - 2500 Whites and 20x50 - 1000 if you spend all 250 points on just WoE boxes; . Not time effective imh

To confirm, you think 2500 whites and 1000 blues for ~5 minutes is not time effective?

#25 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

How do you know that much about how to exploit those bugs? '-'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users