Economy is pretty much already ruined - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Economy is pretty much already ruined

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#26 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

Because I read about it, and then verified it.

#27 Shiratara

Shiratara

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:reStart

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

You can claim two on the same account, for 500KP, actually. And since Silvervines can be used to purchase the WoE boxes, you can do the math. And you didnt need to make a new account. MMORPG.com required a new account each time, but the other one didnt. You just refresh, do the captcha, and boom, new code. You didnt even need an account at all. Since you can make 3 restart accounts per game account, it doesnt take them long, since they only take about 10 seconds to make. Once you max the IP, you simply use a VPN to change region, and continue. A certain forum has quite a detailed rundown.

And you dont see anyone having a million zeny yet? As mentioned, people are making 300k an hour abusing Gift Boxes, because there are so many valuable drops in it. Roses, diamonds, jewels, gold, etc. It adds up very quickly. And now that bots are fully operational, they can run 10 clients at a time, and the bot will go through the process. People are making millions in their sleep by abusing them, not to mention stockpiling hundreds of Ori and Elu.

Like what are people going to humanly spend that on? Stockpile the zeny and buy KP? I just don't see anyone going to that great of lengths for what would kill their interest in the game.

To confirm, you think 2500 whites and 1000 blues for ~5 minutes is not time effective?

Not for the average joe. What we consider as the "target audience" for this server is those who have families and jobs - limited gameplay time if you will, the 2003-era players and all those inbetween. Call that gen "Lazy" if you will because exploiting these would require a bit more of a time investment with no literal immediate gains, as in actually enjoying the game as it's meant to be played.

The only people who are actually abusing these KP coupons and the achievement system for giftboxes are the competitive few who will eventually lose interest in this server and return to their normal games and day jobs, if at most they are helping expedite the normalization of commodities before their departure such as elus and oris, maybe even the elemental stones and we'll be seeing forged elemental weapons. I don't know about you but I don't really care much for the PvP aspect of any mmorpg; I'm here to experience the Roleplaying aspect of an MMO, not min-max my char so I can beat my peers in a numbers game.

I dunno, I haven't personally seen a huge issue yet. The bots are indeed making their way into the game and that's something the community has to deal with itself in order to preserve the nature of things. Ragnarok in general has gotten easier to play over the years and the KP shop feels fine in my opinion, it's a mutual thing for WarpPortal and its playerbase, the Giftboxes can be easily solved by altering code and even changing the first few levels to give specific Giftboxes that only drop certain low zeny items if you feel that's such a large advantage for those willing to invest the time. 

Edited by Shiratara, 02 July 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#28 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

You are way, way passed deluded, and clearly have no idea what the typical population of an MMO is actually like. I was going to make a piece wise response, but I am not sure that I can keep it polite. Seriously, you cannot possibly believe anything you just posted.

#29 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

I have 11m right now. /ho

#30 Skyver

Skyver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

Wow, the mental gymnastics people are going through to try to justify this kind of exploit. Really, I think it came to a point where we'd do better with a wipe for the release on the 5th, or else we're on the way to become Classic Loki 2.0.

Edited by Skyver, 02 July 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#31 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Restart the sever on launch. Roll everyone back to 1/1 so as to retain name choices, remove all items and zeny acquired, reset the wp points for any kp conversions, reset the free 250. (hopefully given the changes, different choices would be made) give everyone a "founder's pack" as a thank-you. (also account bound and unable to NPC). 

Bots. OMG so many already. 

I don't normally advocate for a wipe, but in this case it's only a week in and there have been some pretty concerning issues that need to be dealt with. I believe the majority of the community would rather start over than watch the same group of people gain an unfair advantage that will undoubtedly color the balance of the server for months to come. (ie: WoE and MVPs) So many players have quit in the past due to the perceived lack of concern by the GM team, over issues such as these. This is a serious issue, in my opinion. Not only does this artificially inflate prices due to an influx of zeny, it also increases the rate at which the server ages.  

What about people who've been playing legitimately and have already spent hours leveling and hunting gear?

#32 Skyver

Skyver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

What about people who've been playing legitimately and have already spent hours leveling and hunting gear?

Person who has been playing legitimately here. I'd take the reset. We're 3 days into the server and there were a lot of things to be exploited. Blue herb NPC, achievements, KP codes.

#33 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:47 PM

Person who has been playing legitimately here. I'd take the reset. We're 3 days into the server and there were a lot of things to be exploited. Blue herb NPC, achievements, KP codes.

Idk, I think the achievement thing is only efficient if you're running bots to do it. And bots are going to be making money regardless of what they're doing. I don't see how a wipe would solve this unless they have some sort of major bot protection planned?

#34 Skyver

Skyver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

Idk, I think the achievement thing is only efficient if you're running bots to do it. And bots are going to be making money regardless of what they're doing. I don't see how a wipe would solve this unless they have some sort of major bot protection planned?

I don't think so, even if you're doing it manually you'll be able to get substantially more zeny/hour than almost anyone is able to farm on the server atm just by NPCing the items. I mean, there's people selling/buying cards and stuff for millions of zeny already, even if they had bots farming toy factory 24/7 they wouldn't have that much money I think. 

Edited by Skyver, 02 July 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#35 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

Wiping the server because a few people got like 10 gift boxes would be the same as burning a house down because your tap is leaking

#36 Skyver

Skyver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

Wiping the server because a few people got like 10 gift boxes would be the same as burning a house down because your tap is leaking

The thing is, the 10 gift boxes are actually 4 gift boxes every ~5 minutes for hours on end, amounting to quite a large number really. 

#37 PhattyDanny86

PhattyDanny86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:45 PM

Sadly, I don't think the people who actually have the power to do anything about this will do anything about this.

#38 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:04 PM

The thing is, the 10 gift boxes are actually 4 gift boxes every ~5 minutes for hours on end, amounting to quite a large number really. 

Uh, ok and you're getting this information from somewhere? Because you're being pretty specific on what are the activities happening and yet, you haven't shown us no video, screenshot or copypaste text.

I don't think you get the consequences of a wipe considering this isn't your regular pserver. In order to be wiped, the biggest brazilian pserver (that you probably know, considering you're from br) had to be showered with proofs of various illegal activities that resulted in a broken economy like a 1.5b+ dupe, admin's corruption, 140 all stats edited chars and 10+ GR Cards. But a bunch of gift boxes ruining the entire server's economy? That's a new one.

Edited by Tanzanito, 02 July 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#39 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

I think Tanzanito's reply really explains why people blow this off. They dont seem to understand what is actually going on. It isnt that people are getting a few gift boxes. It is hundreds. With the bot groups, it is thousands. It wouldnt matter if you got a few Gift Boxes here and there, the problem is that every single novice you make can get two gift boxes within about 2-3 minutes. You then delete them, and make a new one. Over and over and over. Then you just have a second novice "catching" all the free stuff. And it is funny reading that people dont think it is time efficient, being that there is basically no activity that will give you more money per hour. And not just money. You not only get tons of money per hour, but you dont need to sell everything. You still get a pile of Elu and Ori at the end.

And that doesnt even touch the KP issue.

#40 Skyver

Skyver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:25 AM

Uh, ok and you're getting this information from somewhere? Because you're being pretty specific on what are the activities happening and yet, you haven't shown us no video, screenshot or copypaste text.

I don't think you get the consequences of a wipe considering this isn't your regular pserver. In order to be wiped, the biggest brazilian pserver (that you probably know, considering you're from br) had to be showered with proofs of various illegal activities that resulted in a broken economy like a 1.5b+ dupe, admin's corruption, 140 all stats edited chars and 10+ GR Cards. But a bunch of gift boxes ruining the entire server's economy? That's a new one.

People have posted about it on these forums a few days ago, I'm not gonna bother replicating it. And yes, I know which pserver you're talking about but that's a whole other story.
This is an official server that's not even a week old, people are supposed to put their money into it, and we already had people exploiting flaws in at least three different ways that we know of. I know a server reset is pretty extreme, but I don't expect WP to have the manpower to manually check accounts for suspicious activities and remove exploited goods. And I don't want this server to go the same way Classic Loki did.

#41 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:45 AM

I think Tanzanito's reply really explains why people blow this off. They dont seem to understand what is actually going on. It isnt that people are getting a few gift boxes. It is hundreds. With the bot groups, it is thousands. It wouldnt matter if you got a few Gift Boxes here and there, the problem is that every single novice you make can get two gift boxes within about 2-3 minutes. You then delete them, and make a new one. Over and over and over. Then you just have a second novice "catching" all the free stuff. And it is funny reading that people dont think it is time efficient, being that there is basically no activity that will give you more money per hour. And not just money. You not only get tons of money per hour, but you dont need to sell everything. You still get a pile of Elu and Ori at the end.

And that doesnt even touch the KP issue.

Listen, people understand the issue but the problem is they just tired to take care things

- The exploit is different but it's not a new thing ever since Classic Loki server.

- Zeny is keep flooding, the game is already pay to win to begin with. Getting rid Gift Box is just one problem to stop zeny producing when there are 10 other methods from Chaos server. There are reasons why we tried to NOT have this server opened this early but guess what happened.

- Bot is easy to enter this server. This alone already ruin economy even if the zeny flow is slower than Gift Box method.

So the best thing you can do:

- Report what happened to support ticket because complains won't even considered without one

- Track all social medias regarding Restart server. Report if you find someone RMT like selling zeny and such..

It's not effective than you think but really at least for RO and RO2 WP always let any abuse flowing, it's not new. They won't care if someone can RMT $1000 as long they still get $300 salary from KP and WPE unless you report it with desperate...

#42 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

Yes, lets just shrug our shoulders, say "Well, what can you do?" and forget about it, right? Please. Yes, there will always be bots. No need to help them. Yes, there will always be people trying to exploit things. No need to make it easy and time effective for them.

#43 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

Yes, lets just shrug our shoulders, say "Well, what can you do?" and forget about it, right? Please. Yes, there will always be bots. No need to help them. Yes, there will always be people trying to exploit things. No need to make it easy and time effective for them.

I will ask again:

Do you have any proofs that there are people hoarding HUNDREDS of gift boxes or this is just info you're taking out of your head? Because that's exactly what it seems. 

Edited by Tanzanito, 03 July 2017 - 01:51 AM.

#44 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:37 AM

the fact that ppl are ok with an exploit of any kind already tells you a lot about the future of the server.

#45 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:45 AM

I will ask again:

Do you have any proofs that there are people hoarding HUNDREDS of gift boxes or this is just info you're taking out of your head? Because that's exactly what it seems. 

Yes, since I have done it.

#46 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:46 AM

New server and fresh economy is super profitable for botter and rmters. Botters can sell them directly to NPC and sell them away for quick cash grab. In Chaos server, botters need to sell their loots away as selling to NPC is no longer profitable. 

#47 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:06 AM

the fact that ppl are ok with an exploit of any kind already tells you a lot about the future of the server.

That's not being "okay with the exploit".That's being against this witch hunt culture that'll do nothing other than just making the server look bad.

OP provided no nickname, video, screenshot nor chat. But still, he says firmly that there are botfarms farming HUNDREDS of them. Do you realize how stupid that is? If WP actually respond to this, it'll give space to a witch hunt mentality that'll create a bunch of conspiracy theories without any proof, just like the Eddga thread, where OP clearly tried to imply that people killing Eddga this early are just exploiting/cheating just because people did something he didn't know how. It's just drama without actual no foundation aside from someone's word.

People might not like her, but Xellie does a really good job when it comes to reporting. She records people and gets a bunch of information, so when she reports something WP MUST respond because all the proof are already there.

This also applies to the people that'll complain about the amount of bots on the game, but never reported a single one. People'll spend a LOT of time complaining but won't spend 5 minutes to record a video providing actual solid proof that x character is a bot.

Yes, since I have done it.

I'm talking about proof regarding people farming HUNDREDS of those with a botfarm, like you said before. Not you creating 2 new characters and seeing that those boxes can be obtained because that's how it's supposed to work.

Edited by Tanzanito, 03 July 2017 - 03:11 AM.

#48 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:14 AM

You dont need to be a bot to make hundreds, you know. Just time. And even if I DID have names, it:

A) Wouldnt matter, because they will be deleted within 3 minutes.

B) I wouldnt be able to post it here for you.

C) Wouldnt be possible to prove it is a bot.

Go to the training grounds right now. There are at least 30-40 novices there, with more during peak hours. Steady stream in and out. Which is strange, since the server population isnt climbing with them. Want to take a guess as to why?

#49 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:19 AM

the mental gymnastics are strong with that one lol

#50 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

To further illustrate my point, i just ran this again for 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes, I was able to do 8 runs, for 16 Gift Boxes. Screenshot below of my inventory showing the haul. (I have consumables as well, but nothing valuable)

Spoiler

So, we have this following:

Pencil case: 248

Topaz: 3720

Garnet:3720

2 carat diamond: 15500

Witherless Rose: 34100

Darkgreen Dyestuffs: 4960

Crystal mirror: 9300

Osiris doll: 8680

White dyestuffs: 4960

Gold: 124000

Total value for 20 mins: 209,188 zeny

The gold offsets that quite a bit, but even without it, I would have averaged over 300k in an hour.

Edited by Latsabb, 03 July 2017 - 03:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users