Request to remove WoE Boxes from Kafra Shop. - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request to remove WoE Boxes from Kafra Shop.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start - Odin

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

While I understand micro-transactions fund the game, I believe these WoE boxes are doing more harm than good.

Thanks to the INCREDIBLY cheap price of 5 Kafra Points or 6 Silvervine (or whatever), you are able to get your hands on 50 White and 20 Blue Pots.

The ability to continue doing so is driving down the price of other in-game consumables that non-paying players can actually hunt.

I know you can purchase "Silvervine" in-game from other players or via questing, but this doesn't rule out the problem itself.

The main consumable I have in mind? Strawberries. I've seen prices ranging from 300z up to 2,499. I highly doubt the latter will sell any.

The price itself is too low or they need to be removed completely. Alchemists aren't even out and are going to be useless when it comes to mass producing pots for WoE. Why hunt for the ingredients when you can drop a few bucks and stock up a few thousand?

Sincerely,

Someone from iRO Beta.

#2 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

They don't need to be removed per se, but it would make a lot more sense if they were only usable in WoE like the name suggests.

#3 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

+1

That would be the more logical response, as well as possibly raising the price of them.

Thanks.

#4 2739140918112941303

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:04 PM

Silvervine currently goes for 1k/point, so 5k zeny gets 50 white pots, 20 blue pots. Seems fair and reasonable.

Was good on the first day where buying white potions by buying boxes off other players was cheaper than buying red pots from NPC, and you got blue pots for later. The boxes should of been unavailable at the start and put in at like 10-20 KP.

Edited by 2739140918112941303, 05 July 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#5 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

Silvervine currently goes for 1k/point, so 5k zeny gets 50 white pots, 20 blue pots. Seems fair and reasonable.

Was good on the first day where buying white potions by buying boxes off other players was cheaper than buying red pots from NPC, and you got blue pots for later. The boxes should of been unavailable at the start and put in at like 10-20 KP.

5K zeny for 50 whites and 20 blues seems fair? I have to disagree completely.

On top of the other issue.. People being able to MVP at such an early point due to the ability to spam these pots outside of WoE. Don't you think they're going to make more than 5K off of MVP drops?

Option 1: Buying White Pots for 950z with discount, each. Which comes out to roughly 50K for the same amount. And oh look.. We can't make Blue Pots yet, so Strawberries are the alternative (unless GJ is also available now, which gives another option, but still more cost).

Option 2: Buying large quantities for a few bucks and being able to use and abuse them outside of their original means.

This is absolute amateur hour for the devs not fixing this yet.

#6 tantan04

tantan04

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:iro Classic

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

Can we stack the woe pots?

#7 Achelexus

Achelexus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

What? Who is selling that? I need to buy these boxes right now.

#8 2739140918112941303

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

What? Who is selling that? I need to buy these boxes right now.

? everyone

there was 5 vends up in pront about 30 mins ago, few south few at the hat NPC

#9 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

Agreed.

They should either only be usable during WoE (you know, what with their name and all...) or not exist at all, which is what I would prefer.

Or at least make them a lot more expensive to encourage the use of ingame consumables.

#10 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

they should be woe-only, but i don't think they will change them

why lvl with wiz + priest when a knight can kill at the same speed or faster and use white pots that cost 35z each (35k per 100 kp / 20 boxes / 50 pots) > less than 35z each if you factor in the 20 blue pots

Edited by senpa1, 05 July 2017 - 09:08 PM.

#11 Achelexus

Achelexus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

? everyone

there was 5 vends up in pront about 30 mins ago, few south few at the hat NPC

Yeah, I just noticed this.

The server will be completely destroyed if this box isn't removed. It completely ruins game balance.

#12 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

you leave my pots alone nerds

#13 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

Just don't play if you don't like how things are. Like mentioned above, they should have been WoE only, but blues at least were there on other servers.
This should probably be the least of your concerns. The economy is still forming and won't settle for a good while.

I respect your opinion, but it's hard to stomach people whining about every little thing. Go play the game.

#14 2739140918112941303

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

cant even be happy that people are p2w'ing because WP isnt making much money since the boxes are 5 cents, and with the giveaway they did people can get to level 80-85 with pots

#15 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

Just don't play if you don't like how things are. Like mentioned above, they should have been WoE only, but blues at least were there on other servers.
This should probably be the least of your concerns. The economy is still forming and won't settle for a good while.

I respect your opinion, but it's hard to stomach people whining about every little thing. Go play the game.

Alright. Why don't we just all start exploiting that and start botting? Let's really run this one into the ground like Chaos.

Ready.. Set.. Go!

#16 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:29 PM

Let's start using our brains instead. You can cheat if you want, justify it however you wish, but you sound like an idiot with that post.

This is in no way comparable to cheating or exploiting.

Edited by Myzery, 05 July 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#17 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

my question is, why the hell u don't buy silvervines from other players then? if you play your cards right you can make 100k per hour easy just looting from mobs and selling to npc's, get a silvervine box and have supplies to not worry about that in your leveling, to increase your income and buy better things, literally anyone with an idea of how tho play this game can access that, so is not just the ones who purchase with real money the ones that can enjoy the boxes

besides most of the strawberries that are sold in big chunks are farmed by bots, and thats is more harmfull that the actual silver woe boxes

in chaos renewal just a handfull of people had access to ranked slims n such to steamroll any oposition, and just the ones who pay had access to the items in kafra shop, now everyone can access that

literally if the option is there and you don't use it, and blame others for use it, you kinda have a problem

#18 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

To be perfectly honest, I'm mostly annoyed about their name not being accurate. Why call them WoE pots if they're not connected to WoE at all?

At least half of my argument would be void if they just renamed them :P

#19 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:12 PM

Let's start using our brains instead. You can cheat if you want, justify it however you wish, but you sound like an idiot with that post.

This is in no way comparable to cheating or exploiting.

Using our brains? Okay. 100K for a Silvervine box.

You can buy 16 WoE Boxes (notice the WoE in the name?). That's 800 Whites, 320 Blues.

At a discounted price from NPC, 800 Whites (I believe 950 zeny with DC level 10), comes out to 760K.

Not to mention blue pots (let's say a modest 2K a piece).. Oh, look. 640K.

So a modest estimate is 1.4 million worth of potions (again, should be for WoE only) for a whopping price of 100K.

Tell me how that isn't an obvious exploit? Sure, failure on the devs' part, but still happily abused by people who can buy and sell the Silvervine boxes.

And next time, try to refrain from insulting someone's intelligence because the game they grew up playing is being mishandled like an absolute joke.

#20 Achelexus

Achelexus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:16 PM

my question is, why the hell u don't buy silvervines from other players then? if you play your cards right you can make 100k per hour easy just looting from mobs and selling to npc's, get a silvervine box and have supplies to not worry about that in your leveling, to increase your income and buy better things, literally anyone with an idea of how tho play this game can access that, so is not just the ones who purchase with real money the ones that can enjoy the boxes

besides most of the strawberries that are sold in big chunks are farmed by bots, and thats is more harmfull that the actual silver woe boxes

in chaos renewal just a handfull of people had access to ranked slims n such to steamroll any oposition, and just the ones who pay had access to the items in kafra shop, now everyone can access that

literally if the option is there and you don't use it, and blame others for use it, you kinda have a problem

The problem is the balance. Look at the 90+ characters right now, all Knights. They're not supposed to get white/blue pots so easily, when they do, they can just level incredibly fast without losing too much money.

#21 Chopchop00

Chopchop00

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:35 PM

From the perspective of a knight vit lance which is a woe box user (me), this makes everthing easier, you can tank, do  dmg and now you can heal yourself with more effectiveness than a priest could do, with that you don't feel de necessity to do party with a healer, breaking the feeling of  going with friends leveling or meeting ppl for that. Also makes the ppl want to be a knight just because you can solo everything and not because they love the job (like me).

In other words these items maybe don't break the market but it breaks  the gameplay itself in a lot of ways, leveling, parties, some jobs getting useless, etc.

You may think "if it is that bad, why you are using them?" , well i'm weak and i can't resist the temptation to buy these boxes XDDD, but i'm with you that these boxes only brings bad things for the game.  I feel bad for using them but....these pots are so good XD

#22 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

i dont mind the whites being disabled in pvm but i really like that a sp consumable is so cheap and easy to get it just makes the game flow so much better on all jobs to me at least but they weigh less than normal pots which should be changed

#23 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

Using our brains? Okay. 100K for a Silvervine box.

You can buy 16 WoE Boxes (notice the WoE in the name?). That's 800 Whites, 320 Blues.

At a discounted price from NPC, 800 Whites (I believe 950 zeny with DC level 10), comes out to 760K.

Not to mention blue pots (let's say a modest 2K a piece).. Oh, look. 640K.

So a modest estimate is 1.4 million worth of potions (again, should be for WoE only) for a whopping price of 100K.

Tell me how that isn't an obvious exploit? Sure, failure on the devs' part, but still happily abused by people who can buy and sell the Silvervine boxes.

And next time, try to refrain from insulting someone's intelligence because the game they grew up playing is being mishandled like an absolute joke.

Because you come off as an entitled child. You started your anti potion agenda days ago in the Eddga thread.
I don't care how smart you are or think you are, this is not an exploit, it is intended by the GM team and makes things smoother for everyone.
Do I think it's kind of broken? Sure. Most of the other server iRO has opened have had some sort of cheap potions in the Kafra shop. Blue potions mostly, but still, they are the main culprit because they allow you to spam skills endlessly.

If you stop worrying about other people and what they are doing, you can have a lot more fun. I can understand if you complain about individuals breaking rules, but threads like this really don't contribute anything other than bickering.

#24 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

In this conversation, you've called me a "entitled child" and stated one of my comments made me sound like an "idiot".

Can you at least attempt to stop being condescending and appear somewhat professional if this is actually something you get paid to do?

I was on the Eddga thread and still think it's BS.

But if that's honestly what they see as "fair" or "better", then what.. They've managed to ruin this game in more ways than one and continue their extraordinary streak by bringing on people like yourself, as 'community managers'.

Maybe try not insulting the community, huh?

#25 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:56 AM

Too late, people have been cheesing out mvps and gotten way ahead on levels thanks to them, would be unfair to restrict them at this point for future players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users