Request to remove WoE Boxes from Kafra Shop. - Page 2 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request to remove WoE Boxes from Kafra Shop.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#26 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

Let's start using our brains instead. You can cheat if you want, justify it however you wish, but you sound like an idiot with that post.

This is in no way comparable to cheating or exploiting.

I've seen you in multiple threads pretty much saying the same things over, and over. People are just trying to make a game enjoyable to how it use to be, by offering suggestions. The whole ReStart theme was to relieve the nostalgia of the game of how it use to be, and people bringing up valid points that are hurting the experience in which Gravity tried to achieve is perfectly normal.

Simply throwing everyone under the same "If you don't like it, don't play" bus  won't work. People will stop playing and this server will end up as Classic 2.0.  

There is a reason why Ragnarok Online hasn't aged well as compared to other mmorpgs that have been around for the same amount of time.

#27 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:26 AM

I've seen you in multiple threads pretty much saying the same things over, and over. People are just trying to make a game enjoyable to how it use to be, by offering suggestions. The whole ReStart theme was to relieve the nostalgia of the game of how it use to be, and people bringing up valid points that are hurting the experience in which Gravity tried to achieve is perfectly normal.

Simply throwing everyone under the same "If you don't like it, don't play" bus  won't work. People will stop playing and this server will end up as Classic 2.0.  

There is a reason why Ragnarok Online hasn't aged well as compared to other mmorpgs that have been around for the same amount of time.

People are trying to push their personal agendas. I can't help it if people choose not to adapt.
This server will never be Classic 2.0 because it will have Renewal updates. One of the biggest downfalls of Classic is no new content. This server will eventually catch up to Renewal and receive timely updates.

The majority of players on this server are not here for nostalgia and the mechanics and skill balancing of Renewal make it nowhere near what early RO was. In my opinion, this server is to let people see what it was like when RO progressed naturally. I am sure some people are chasing nostalgia, but things have changed, the cash shop is essential for the server to even exist.

#28 Achelexus

Achelexus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:28 AM

Honestly the Silvervine price will only increase. Every MMO's cash shop currency starts low and rises over time. So at least the white/blue pots won't be free forever.

Now, everyone sold their free KP worth of silvervine for banana price, the smart ones who hoarded multiple giveaway keys will be able to get millions of zeny per account in the next few weeks.

#29 MrMatoto

MrMatoto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:33 AM

Yeah, I just noticed this.

The server will be completely destroyed if this box isn't removed. It completely ruins game balance.

I posted about these boxes a week ago https://forums.warpp...p/#entry2636668 . Didn't get much traction then

#30 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

No, keep the box inside Cash shop because some people who either rich or have exploited the 250 KP code have been abusing it by mobbing or MvPing. If GMs want to remove this box, restart the server seems okay to me.

Someone in the forums have already mentioned again and again how some people already stockpiled KPs (by exploring the code) and most people didn't seem to care. So nope, WP needs to make money. Keep the box in cash shop. Thank you :3

Welcome the knight army of AP + BB lmfao

Edit: iRO pros? ... aww eat -_- and die mofo

Edited by ChakriGuard, 06 July 2017 - 05:33 AM.

#31 KanetsuguNaoe

KanetsuguNaoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAzai Army
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:34 AM

some people already stockpiled KPs 

Stockpiled? I've seen people with 10k gwing's, 10k ziegfried , infinite woe pots, infinite manuals, infinite foods.

And i heard that people are not even exploring the code thing, people were saying that there was an achievement that was giving 200kp ( Like wtf?) , this could be a lie, but how the things are going on server i belive in anything   :heh:

Edited by KanetsuguNaoe, 06 July 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:38 AM

Stockpiled? I've seen people with 10k gwing's, 10k ziegfried , infinite woe pots, infinite manuals, infinite foods.

And i heard that people are not even exploring the code thing, people were saying that there was an achievment that was giving 200kp ( Like wtf?) , this could be a lie, but how the things are going on server i belive in anything :heh:

When I saw the WoE box and arrow in Cash shop, It figured it would not hard to to level at all. All you need is spamming free white potions and mobbing with BB. Then I heard forums always offer fun threads. I'm also off my town and can't play iRO for a while. To be honest, reading dramatic posts on the forums is more fun than ez leveling in game atm hahaha

#33 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.
  • Server:RE:Start - Odin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:48 AM

People are trying to push their personal agendas. I can't help it if people choose not to adapt.
This server will never be Classic 2.0 because it will have Renewal updates. One of the biggest downfalls of Classic is no new content. This server will eventually catch up to Renewal and receive timely updates.

The majority of players on this server are not here for nostalgia and the mechanics and skill balancing of Renewal make it nowhere near what early RO was. In my opinion, this server is to let people see what it was like when RO progressed naturally. I am sure some people are chasing nostalgia, but things have changed, the cash shop is essential for the server to even exist.

Push their personal agenda? Or let certain people get away with abuse and exploiting known issues, which are being waved off as "new content". What an absolute joke.

#34 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:58 AM

And I hope GMs will merge Chaos and Odin together. They always merge servers <3

#35 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

why remove? for increase bot profits? unless u are a botter u would want this, this box only brings benefits to honest players, i hope they dont remove it to benefit the request of a botter. (sry about my english)

#36 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

why remove? for increase bot profits? unless u are a botter u would want this, this box only brings benefits to honest players, i hope they dont remove it to benefit the request of a botter. (sry about my english)

thats kinda what i thought, dude's pissed because he cannot sell his strawberries anymore kek

#37 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

Yes, people buying blue pots from kafra shop are hurting those *hard work players* that are leveling at Yoyos until they have tons of strawberries to sell.

#38 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

2002 Alpha tester here. Back when there was only a select few first classer's. I missed a decade or so inbetween but whatever.

Its depressing seeing another failed attempt at reviving RO.

You come back after so many years to hope they dont screw up the launch, and then it happens.

You come back hoping most of the exploits are gone in a 15 yr old game, not so.

Thinking botting must be a thing of the past, its a problem the GM's now let happen, on purpose.

I always enjoy the scramble of a new start, and that was ruined by pay2win WOE potions. Job50 swordy in a few hours with magnum break using less then $10 in (WOE?) Potions. Skill reset and back to WOE potions.

I blame WP mostly for providing the ideal atmosphere to abuse and exploit. This will for sure be a short lived server so enjoy it now before it gets worse.

#39 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

If you're that mortified, why are you even posting here? And I am not telling you to quit, but the server, in your eyes was done for on day one.

Not everyone hates the WoE potions being in the Kafra Shop. If it wasn't this, most of you would be complaining that you have to spend thousands on something like a rideword hat.
I just don't get it. RO is very niche game and most people know what to expect. This server is not for casual players, the xp curve is nuts later on. It'll get easier in the future, I'm sure.
If there's nothing appealing in the Kafra Shop, how do you expect them to keep the server afloat? There could be much, much, much worse than potions.

Also, why do so many of you care about what others are doing. Saying only people that exploit or cheat use these potions is a very narrow way to think. You can earn and buy silvervines in game, everyone is on the same lvl.

Edited by Myzery, 06 July 2017 - 07:25 AM.

#40 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:39 AM

You said it yourself you just dont get it. 

This server is for casual players too. 

There are a few people approaching 99 already. We will see one within the next few weeks maybe sooner. 

The only cheating i mentioned was botting. And I dont think you would defend that, although you do try to defend EVERYTHING else. 

When there are so many small issues plaguing a server it will have a domino effect. Leading more people to saying -_- it and turning to the evil side themselves.

There are 2k "players" online. And it'snot easy to find a party, because near 50% of the population is ****kore. When other versions of RO have this problem under control we are under siege. And the zerg rush has just begun. 

#41 SirFashion

SirFashion

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

If you're that mortified, why are you even posting here? And I am not telling you to quit, but the server, in your eyes was done for on day one.

Not everyone hates the WoE potions being in the Kafra Shop. If it wasn't this, most of you would be complaining that you have to spend thousands on something like a rideword hat.
I just don't get it. RO is very niche game and most people know what to expect. This server is not for casual players, the xp curve is nuts later on. It'll get easier in the future, I'm sure.
If there's nothing appealing in the Kafra Shop, how do you expect them to keep the server afloat? There could be much, much, much worse than potions.

Also, why do so many of you care about what others are doing. Saying only people that exploit or cheat use these potions is a very narrow way to think. You can earn and buy silvervines in game, everyone is on the same lvl.

From what im understanding, people are salty on the fact that this new server lacks of monopoly advantages.

Right now i must say a lot of botters are going nuts because they can't sell their strawberries, thara frog cards, hydra cards, slotted gears etc etc. Nobody needs them right now, and probably wont need them for the next 6 months or more (enough time to grind them by themselves) and zeny isnt needed that much right now (in the quantity bots generate it) because everyone that is actually playing is just partying and training their characters with this woe potions or their alt priest autofollowing them everywhere.

I just don't understand this people, they will always find some way to convince new players not to join because "this server is dead, don't even try".

This server is obviously trying to give some steroids for everyone to feel rewarded in the mid term. I must say most of the actual players would leave if it took 1 week to get to second class because nobody has time for that now.

Edited by SirFashion, 06 July 2017 - 07:49 AM.

#42 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

From what im understanding, people are salty on the fact that this new server lacks of monopoly advantages.

Right now i must say a lot of botters are going nuts because they can't sell their strawberries, thara frog cards, hydra cards, slotted gears etc etc. Nobody needs them right now, and probably wont need them for the next 6 months or more (enough time to grind them by themselves) and zeny isnt needed that much right now (in the quantity botter generate) because everyone that is actually playing is just partying and training their characters with this woe potions or their alt priest autofollowing them everywhere.

I just don't understand this people. This server is obviously trying to give some steroids for everyone to feel rewarded in the mid term. I must say most of the actual players would leave if it took 1 week to get to second class because nobody has time for that now.

The GMs are actually banning people too. I am sure some of the higher lvl people can attest to being bot checked.
The server has a healthy population. I am not for and never will be for bots, but they will always be around. They are in almost every game that I have played.
Oh well, glad you're having fun and understanding things from different angles. It seems like a lot of the people complaining are just made for whatever reason. A lot of it isn't warranted. 

#43 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

I'm wondering why people are so salty or try to equate cash shop to bots in regards to the affect.

This server isn't going to last long with the bot population growth (because it will price out casual players even if it's a niche game) and I do hope that Gravity finds a way to squeeze out money to get dedicated bot control. 

I wouldn't be against the WoE package being slightly more expensive either. I like it and I use it but then again I have more money and less time to play now. 

I wonder what the major issues would be to just outsource "bot hunting", you can get 4-5 SEA English speakers for the cost of 1 California minimum wage employee.

Edited by Himeyasha, 06 July 2017 - 07:56 AM.

#44 SirFashion

SirFashion

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

I'm wondering why people are so salty or try to equate cash shop to bots in regards to the affect.

This server isn't going to last long with the bot population growth (because it will price out casual players even if it's a niche game) and I do hope that Gravity finds a way to squeeze out money to get dedicated bot control. 

I wouldn't be against the WoE package being slightly more expensive either. I like it and I use it but then again I have more money and less time to play now. 

I wonder what the major issues would be to just outsource "bot hunting", you can get 4-5 SEA English speakers for the cost of 1 California minimum wage employee.

This.

I still stand that the real and only issue right now is the amount of botters going rampant on every zone. They need to stop them asap.

The only actual problem with cash shop right now is that a lot of people got a good amount of KP for free and it will take some time before they start thinking about giving some $$ for WP.

Edited by SirFashion, 06 July 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#45 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

I feel like the people whining about woe boxes weren't around when Classic opened to rental gear...

this is a much better start than that.

#46 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Dont go back to the training grounds it's depressing if you know how to spot bot movements. 

If only we could setup different test scenario in training grounds rotated weekly so the bot users struggle to update fast enough. Either way it must be killed at the source, not when theyre level 60+ and have done a few million zeny worth of damage.

#47 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Really? Even this? People already cried about the kafra stuff (wow,because it's so game breaking to create alts for kafra tickets),now this? lol

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:11 AM

Gravity has developed some quite effective antibot measures already. If you go to _______ communities, you see until today that since implementation, they have not yet found ways to bypass it reliably and keep the bots stable.

But

Gravity says that you have to buy this tool if yoy want it :v

#49 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Gravity has developed some quite effective antibot measures already. If you go to _______ communities, you see until today that since implementation, they have not yet found ways to bypass it reliably and keep the bots stable.

But

Warpportal is boycotting Gravity's internal kafra shop.

#50 SirFashion

SirFashion

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:15 AM

But

Now, if they want us to keep shedding money on this server they need to get this. It's the only way to justify it. Besides, they already spent millions on the license for this game so i dont see how spending a little more on this safety measure would hurt their income numbers today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users