Request to remove WoE Boxes from Kafra Shop. - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request to remove WoE Boxes from Kafra Shop.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#51 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

to be honest, the solution for the pot problem is quite easy.

all they have to do is make the box price 60 silvervines instead of 6, and if they are worried they will become useless in the shop (for people paying KP), they can make a version that is directly bought with kafra shop at the same price of 30 sylvervines. the idea is to make them an option that is not abusable and yet keep it as a good option for people willing to pay (and thus support the server).

i dont think this have to be removed, but atleast make the prices the same as npc whites, that way you dont kill ingame stuff with cash shop stuff that can be abused via non paid ways.

just remember, if you want a healthy server, the kafra shop stuff MUST BE always the second best option. not the best, so that it gives the buyer an objetive to strive for with the new gear, and not the third, so that it warrants to be bought so that you get into competitive asap.

#52 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

i think potions are the least of problems and people of this forum should care less about unimportant things, even because who knows @chaos kafra shop is satisfied with the current restart kafra shop... if they remove the potions at this point in the game, this will benefit only those who can take advantage of and stockpile several in the storage. 

#53 Ich1ka

Ich1ka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

why are so many people upset over this? its not like one person gets an unfair advantage. these boxes are available to everyone , for the same price. WP energy , which is then converted to KP, is available to everybody. are you guys mad because nobody is buying your strawberries? the strawberries that you earned yourself through your hard work....of your bots? 

what am i missing here. these potions are a great help to everyone who struggle with buying potions around level 40ish. before i knew what these boxes were, i was having the worst time trying to level, with store bought reds that i had to sell all the drops i picked up from leveling. it was brutal. now i can safely level, and save my Z for other necessary things. you guys should stop complaining, with the money we are saving through white potions, we will have more to buy from your shop.

#54 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

How about we ask Camp to post the names of scrubs who exploited 250 KP code? :v

#55 Kalazam

Kalazam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

People are trying to push their personal agendas. I can't help it if people choose not to adapt.
This server will never be Classic 2.0 because it will have Renewal updates. One of the biggest downfalls of Classic is no new content. This server will eventually catch up to Renewal and receive timely updates.

The majority of players on this server are not here for nostalgia and the mechanics and skill balancing of Renewal make it nowhere near what early RO was. In my opinion, this server is to let people see what it was like when RO progressed naturally. I am sure some people are chasing nostalgia, but things have changed, the cash shop is essential for the server to even exist.

I, and many others, are here for nostalgia and a great time. I will admit I'm not sure what's better for the server, leaving the boxes in or taking them out or whatever Jesus wants to do. However, I'm pretty sure you have that "don't like it don't play it" mentality because you're currently benifiting from the way things are. The flip side is those who care about the server, it thriving, and its longevity and overall wellbeing. I'm not saying you're wrong Myzery because '-_- biches get zeny' all day homie but I see where the other guy is coming from. Things could be better...

#56 mentalmidget

mentalmidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

too late to remove them now.

they should have been WoE only to begin with.

#57 Deegs

Deegs

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

If you think 70% of the this playerbase is going to play once you remove these pots then... I'm sorry to break it to you, you're going to have classic 2.0 in less than a week. I disagree with this suggestion, how things currently are perfect

Edited by Deegs, 06 July 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#58 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

GM finally undercuts the strawberry bots. That will teach them. 

#59 Lorneliari

Lorneliari

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

It seems to me that the people that are "done" using these pots are just trying to slash the hamstrings of their future competitors. The damage, if you consider it damage, has already been done; disabling WOE pots outside of woe now or increasing the price would just play into their hands. *shakes head* So slimy, so shameless...

Edited by Lorneliari, 06 July 2017 - 01:10 PM.

#60 SteveTrash

SteveTrash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

While I understand micro-transactions fund the game, I believe these WoE boxes are doing more harm than good.

Thanks to the INCREDIBLY cheap price of 5 Kafra Points or 6 Silvervine (or whatever), you are able to get your hands on 50 White and 20 Blue Pots.

The ability to continue doing so is driving down the price of other in-game consumables that non-paying players can actually hunt.

I know you can purchase "Silvervine" in-game from other players or via questing, but this doesn't rule out the problem itself.

The main consumable I have in mind? Strawberries. I've seen prices ranging from 300z up to 2,499. I highly doubt the latter will sell any.

The price itself is too low or they need to be removed completely. Alchemists aren't even out and are going to be useless when it comes to mass producing pots for WoE. Why hunt for the ingredients when you can drop a few bucks and stock up a few thousand?

Sincerely,

Someone from iRO Beta.

Ugh... So much salt over potions. People just love to complain about everything. Just use meat like the rest of us.

giphy.gif

#61 Achelexus

Achelexus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

Ugh... So much salt over potions. People just love to complain about everything. Just use meat like the rest of us.

giphy.gif

:hmm:

I have a better idea, don't do that.

Instead, do what I did, buy 12 silverine boxes for 1.2m zeny. For comparison, 1.2m zeny gets you roughly 31600 meat with level 10 discount in the NPC.

I got 10000 white potions off the boxes, but wait! White pots heal about 4.3x as much as meat, so I got the equivalent of 43000 meat with the same amount of money! Did I mention that they're far lighter and heal faster? Or that the boxes weight nothing and can be brought anywhere, so you can bring an thousands of potions to wherever you want?

Also, don't forget that I got 2000 blue potions as well, which heal 2.3x the amount of strawberries, so I got 4600 strawberries, which would cost me 2 to 3 million to buy from players. And that was just a bonus!

#62 SteveTrash

SteveTrash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

:hmm:

I have a better idea, don't do that.

Instead, do what I did, buy 12 silverine boxes for 1.2m zeny. For comparison, 1.2m zeny gets you roughly 31600 meat with level 10 discount in the NPC.

I got 10000 white potions off the boxes, but wait! White pots heal about 4.3x as much as meat, so I got the equivalent of 43000 meat with the same amount of money! Did I mention that they're far lighter and heal faster? Or that the boxes weight nothing and can be brought anywhere, so you can bring an thousands of potions to wherever you want?

Also, don't forget that I got 2000 blue potions as well, which heal 2.3x the amount of strawberries, so I got 4600 strawberries, which would cost me 2 to 3 million to buy from players. And that was just a bonus!

Nah nah nah... Meatttttt~ Best healing item #2017 

#63 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.
  • Server:RE:Start - Odin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

why remove? for increase bot profits? unless u are a botter u would want this, this box only brings benefits to honest players, i hope they dont remove it to benefit the request of a botter. (sry about my english)

Don't ever call me a botter again. I actually came to RO to play the game, not cheat or abuse exploits. Just because you're lazy and want the easy way out.

Sure it affects my PROFITS because I have close to 1K Strawberries that are now borderline worthless, but it affects other consumables too. No one wants to buy them when you can get what you can for 100K in Silvervine.

Honest players don't need the game sugarcoated by the way.

#64 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Don't ever call me a botter again. I actually came to RO to play the game, not cheat or abuse exploits. Just because you're lazy and want the easy way out.

Sure it affects my PROFITS because I have close to 1K Strawberries that are now borderline worthless, but it affects other consumables too. No one wants to buy them when you can get what you can for 100K in Silvervine.

then oh please, tell us how to level properly accodring to the way our lord odin expect from us oh migthy and wise iro beta player

#65 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

But using the kafra shop boxes is not a cheat or an exploit. Exploiting is taking advantage of something unintended and it's pretty clear that it was intended for these boxes to be available to everyone and cheap.

If the boxes were more expensive you can be damn sure people will be crying about how the game is completely pay to win. If they didn't exist people would complain about how it's too hard.

The only problem on this server are bots, just get that under control and we'll be fine.

For what it's worth I agree that they should've only been usable in WoE but it's too late to change now since it will put newer players at a disadvantage.

#66 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

then oh please, tell us how to level properly accodring to the way our lord odin expect from us oh migthy and wise iro beta player

If you have nothing to contribute besides your petty condescending sarcasm, just don't reply next time, huh?

You act as if people didn't hit 99 before they could spam 'WoE Pots'.

Waste of time with people like you posting.

#67 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

Then this server is probably not for you. Many of high level characters have been i.e. Knight have been mobbing with WoE whites and BB. Sorry to break it into you, this server is sugarcoated and ez hehehe

#68 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:40 PM

why are so many people upset over this? its not like one person gets an unfair advantage. these boxes are available to everyone , for the same price. WP energy , which is then converted to KP, is available to everybody. are you guys mad because nobody is buying your strawberries? the strawberries that you earned yourself through your hard work....of your bots? 

what am i missing here. these potions are a great help to everyone who struggle with buying potions around level 40ish. before i knew what these boxes were, i was having the worst time trying to level, with store bought reds that i had to sell all the drops i picked up from leveling. it was brutal. now i can safely level, and save my Z for other necessary things. you guys should stop complaining, with the money we are saving through white potions, we will have more to buy from your shop.

Getting real sick of people assuming it's about people who have been botting Strawberries. I farmed and bought every single one of my strawberries. But it's put a damper on a huge part of the economy: consumables.

#69 Paragon

Paragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:41 PM

Signed.

#70 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

If you have nothing to contribute besides your petty condescending sarcasm, just don't reply next time, huh?

You act as if people didn't hit 99 before they could spam 'WoE Pots'.

Waste of time with people like you posting.

of course people can hit 99 without using woe pots, i have done it before, but is a stupid and inefficient waste of time when you have the option without using real money and is actually cheap on game currency and is not illegal

and at least im not tied to an ageda of "oh this is not the way we did it when ragnarok came out" because duh guess what? that was 14 years ago! the game evolved and is nothing like that anymore, renewal, free to play, kafra shop, costumes, like, if you're pissed about the woe pots i wanna see your mad reaction when they add things like the cat ear beret or innmune shield to the shop

and beside you who just make a phantom account to cry and whine about nothing, im actually contributing to the community telling new and returning players how and where to level, which builds are ok or not and guide them trought the changes, so guess who is a waste of time?

im just messing with you because is so hilarious how mad you are for literally nothing, and not the only one who thinks that

#71 Tragedy414

Tragedy414

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

All this WoE pot stuff aside...  #FreeMyHomieGiftBox2017!

#72 iAmSereynn

iAmSereynn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTexas.

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

of course people can hit 99 without using woe pots, i have done it before, but is a stupid and inefficient waste of time when you have the option without using real money and is actually cheap on game currency and is not illegal

and at least im not tied to an ageda of "oh this is not the way we did it when ragnarok came out" because duh guess what? that was 14 years ago! the game evolved and is nothing like that anymore, renewal, free to play, kafra shop, costumes, like, if you're pissed about the woe pots i wanna see your mad reaction when they add things like the cat ear beret or innmune shield to the shop

and beside you who just make a phantom account to cry and whine about nothing, im actually contributing to the community telling new and returning players how and where to level, which builds are ok or not and guide them trought the changes, so guess who is a waste of time?

im just messing with you because is so hilarious how mad you are for literally nothing, and not the only one who thinks that

So first, this isn't a "phantom account".

Second, I've offered help to others. Maybe not as much, but here and there.

Third, I can only imagine. You and your boyfriends are probably circlejerking talking about how great of a troll you all are.

Fourth, regardless if it's been 14 years or not, I don't think they took into account how much it would alter the economy in the long run.

But you know what? You and your community manager buddy can go hold hands and skip into the sunset.

#73 RockKnight

RockKnight

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:32 PM

Then this server is probably not for you. Many of high level characters have been i.e. Knight have been mobbing with WoE whites and BB. Sorry to break it into you, this server is sugarcoated and ez hehehe

Mobbing? Most knights have been solo beating MVPs up despite the inane magic damage scaling because they're grippin and sipping white pots nonstop like it's oxygen.

#74 Achelexus

Achelexus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:35 PM

All this WoE pot stuff aside...  #FreeMyHomieGiftBox2017!

Funniest thing is that it's been disabled for like 2 days now, what are they even planning to do with it?

#75 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

Mobbing? Most knights have been solo beating MVPs up despite the inane magic damage scaling because they're grippin and sipping white pots nonstop like it's oxygen.

Assuming MvPs are readily available for every knight to farm 24/7 and knight players have access to MvPs timers or have so much time to camp MvPs, then yes you are correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users